INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.274 available  (Read 5317 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.274 available
« on: October 10, 2003, 12:13:30 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is the latest build.  There may be some known (and unknown) bugs.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe

The latest build of 9.1 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91274.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.  If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: Auto play of CD/DVD wasn't working.
2. Changed: Tag Info combobox doesn't use the selection-divider-all list method when only one value is in the selection.
3. Fixed: When CD burn was complete and user chose the "quit" option, the burn dialog would still appear until F5 was pressed.
4. Fixed: Tooltip problem in CD burn dialog could cause crash when exiting MC.
5. Fixed: About / Purchase boxes were not showing their art.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Media Center 9.1.274 available
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 12:31:21 pm »

Updated 12:32 P.M. C.S.T -- Please retry the download if you experience problems.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 02:01:21 pm »

Still not showing the artwork on track one in the tooltips or in Album Thumbnails view on certain albums.

Media Center 9.1.274 -- E:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2734 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 524 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: ARTEC    WRR-52Z            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:No
  Drive H: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

nivw

• World Citizen
  • "I m singing in the rain, na na nanana..."
can't convert wav -> mp3
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 02:01:27 pm »

I am tring to convert Afro-central.wav to mp3 vbr
MC opens the convert window then writes "encoding" and freezes.

Media Center Registered 9.1.274 -- F:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1477 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 27 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINNT\Media\Utopia Windows Start.WAV

Burning /  Drive G: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Niv

8thNote

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 02:36:58 pm »

I've always had problems with tooltips, I just now figured out why.

None of the tooltips on the bottom of MC display with MC maximized with auto-hide taskbar, or on a second monitor. They always display to the lower-right of the mouse and thus, off-screen. Some on the left of the window do the same. This gets really annoying because I have no idea what the bottom buttons do.

Most programs are made to position the tool tip so it stays in the screen. Please do this with MC.

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 03:00:31 pm »

I just noticed a sort of "odd" behaviour when doing in place editing of filenames in MC... which always results in the "Media Center was unable to play any of the files in the playlist. Please make sure that the path...." message.

I suspect the behaviour is by design, and I must be doing something relatively strange if noone else has noticed it... but here's how to reproduce it.

1. Add 2 files to playing now (I was using mp3s).
2. Play the first file.
3. While file 1 is playing, slow click on the filename of the second one and change something about the filename. Hit the enter key to complete the edit.
4. Double click with the mouse on file 2 to play it.
5. View "Media Center was unable to play..." message.

If you start the first song playing again, and then switch back to the second one, it works fine... so it must have to do with the MC's delayed saving behaviour. I figure it must not have yet saved the changes that I made to the filename when I go to play it, thereby making it so MC can't see it. When I start track 1 over again, track 2 saves, and then is fine when I try it again.

I don't know how big of a problem this is... but I thought I would mention it. I find it a bit annoying, myself.

System Info:
Media Center Registered 9.1.274 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1408 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2730.1200 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.115 (xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive K: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Rip CD Option in Action Window Needed
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 03:04:24 pm »

When inserting an original CD and clicking on the "Compact Disc" icon in the Navigation pane, "Rip CD" is NOT an option but rather "Burn CD". It makes more sense that if it is NOT a CDR/CDRW that it offer the rip CD function instead. On the other hand, i fa CDR/CDREW is inserted, offer burn CD in the Action Window instead. This is minor but useful for first time users.

nivw

• World Citizen
Can define Divx as recording profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 03:13:32 pm »

when I want to add a new (or change) a profile I get the msg : "information window: Failed to play TV. (unknown error). then freezes.

I am using the fly video card with the btwdmdrvinstaller5.3.6-1 drivers.

I would also like to be able to save my tv channels list.

Media Center Registered 9.1.274 -- F:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1477 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 27 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINNT\Media\Utopia Windows Start.WAV

Burning /  Drive G: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Niv

matshif

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 03:52:11 pm »

Extremly long start up time since build .273
Takes about 30 sec. Sometimes you have to click once more.

/Mats

Sorry
My credentials
Media Center Registered 9.1.274 -- C:\Program\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1391 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 122 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.115 (xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-408B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2003, 04:09:00 pm »

Here's a good one, hard to describe.

(sometimes) When I've got the action window set to show as a window and I've highlighted one or more tracks and then click "Tag Info" on the toolbar, all I get is the "Track Info" title bar.  I *can* grab a corner and resize it so I can see the tag info, but it's like it's somehow forgetting the previous size/location and only shows up with the title bar only.

Then the next time, I click tag info on the toolbar, it's right, for a while, and then something causes it to forget again, and I'll just get the title bar later when clicking  tag info on the toolbar.

I am using 9.1.274.  This has been bad for the last few builds, I'm not exactly sure hwen it started.

nivw

• World Citizen
TV channel scanning
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2003, 04:15:49 pm »

after installing the new btwdmdrvinstaller5.3.6-1 bt878 drivers I scaned for channels again.
Allthogh I got up to channel 191  the drop down menu shows only up to 125 channel.

why?

Niv

Omni

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2003, 04:27:19 pm »

Bug or Feature... you decide. ;)

I ripped a CD that had a forward slash ('/') in the Album name (on purpose, not by accident).

My directory naming rule is/was [Artist]\[Album].

What MC did was store the ripped tracks in [Artist]\[Album (pre-slash part)]\[Album (post-slash part)].

Granted, I know Windows won't accept '/' as a character in a directory (or file) name, but I was expecting MC to replace it with a dash or something, not create a whole new subdirectory.

Again, though, for the record, I can't decide if this is a really cool feature that should stay or an accidental parsing oversight that should be fixed.

Omni

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2003, 04:27:36 pm »

OK so this is a little wierd.

So I have an album of mp3s. I normally keep album art on the disk, not inside the mp3s.  In this case one of the mp3s has some graphics inside (from previous playing around with other software) and I want to remove that  and make it use the file that is already in the Cover Art directory for the other files.

Simply doing "Add from file..." doesn't seem to work in this situation. So I do "Remove Cover Art" on that track. Now I get a dialog that asks be whether I want to delete the image on the disk also - I answer no as the file in the Cover Art directory is correct and I want to keep it. I then add the image to the file with "Quick Find In File/ Cover Art Directory". However what I find is that the image that was inside the file has now overwritten the correct jpg in the Cover Art directory and consequently all files in the album will now use this file (the wrong one) and I have lost my previously obtained image file without any warning.

I suspect that the dialog box has the same wording as what one would see if one cleared images without the image being in the mp3 file. However it is at best misleading and at worst just wrong. I also would have at least liked a warning that I was going to overwrite my previous cover art in the directory.

nivw

• World Citizen
No converting = no space
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2003, 06:24:40 pm »

Well it seems that there was only 32Kb free on the drive I had the wav files on.
Isn't MC suppose to use the temporary drive for that.
Oh, well problem solved for this issue.
TV stuff is still open thogh.

Niv

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2003, 06:35:19 pm »

Matt, I'm pleased to report you made significant progress on the ripping issues I posted yesterday. Good going!

I've confirmed that your change fixes the "eject" problem on both the G: and H: drive of my desktop system, with one exception. If I "power-rip" using both drives G: and H: to feed the rip queue, the "eject / re-insert" failure appears when I try to read the second CD while the first is ripping. However, unlike .272, once the failure appears it can no longer be recovered by pressing F5. So, while I can't power-rip ATM, I'm confident you'll be able to find the reason. System specs below.

Regarding the "Always on Top" for the Digital Secure Report Window: so far it has been positioned o top of other MC9 windows each time, although I haven't run enough CDs through the laptop to ensure that style failure is truly corrected. It was 1 failure per 3-4 attempts, so I should have 10 tests to "prove" it... and that'll take a while. However, it does look different when a rip completes, so I feel good about it. I'll report later, either way.

I noticed that neither MC9 or the Digital Secure Report Window appear on top of all other applications when the rip completes. I was editing a file in VC when rippping ended (and while composing this posting, another rip ended), but MC9 did not become the foreground application nor did the report window. Is this your intention?

Very nicely done. Feel free to request details if req'd.

>>>  BTW... you did a *good* job... I just tried to nuke MC9 on the laptop by not closing the Digital Secure report screen and trying to use MC. Several sneaky attempts caused no problems. MC9 had the CD info ready as soon as I clicked a logical button.     :D

Media Center Registered 9.1.274 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 2501 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 722 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
  Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive H: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-240B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2003, 07:15:35 pm »

Power-user bug: Action Window / File Properties / Tag Info

First... I'd sure like it if the Action Window could retain its status between MC9 sessions. Right now, I'd like it to stay on File Properties / Tag Info for what I'm doing.

Since it doesn't, the Action Window opens with File Properties as the upper left icon. I click it. You have very fast code and I have a 2.5GHz computer, so the File Properties window is visible the next time the screen is refreshed. I click the Tag Info icon now at the upper left, and nothing happens.

I figured it out. Things are happening so fast I'm double-clicking, from the Windows point of view. The WM_LBUTTONDOWN message is handled by the Action Window, the WM_LBUTTONUP message is handled either by the Action Window or the File Properties window depending on the timing, then the WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK is passed to the Action Window and not handled.

MC9 would be more responsive to a fast user if the second window (after the Action Window) allowed WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK to simulate WM_LBUTTONDOWN - if it is the first WM_mouse message other than WM_LBUTTONUP.

OK, I admit this is stretching the definition of "bug", but it would be much smoother.  thx, Randy

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2003, 08:43:32 pm »

JRiver,
Thanks for all the enhancements/fixes.

4. Fixed: (Hopefully) Error message about "can't get correct volume information" when an audio CD is inserted.

This is Great News!

From 9.1.272:
8. NEW: Added "Add Preset" menu to search control menu.

Terrific!  I love it.  Thanks!!

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2003, 09:36:49 pm »

This is a minor annoyance but probably easy to fix. When renaming files from properties you only pad files with leading zeros if they are under ten. I just ripped the "The Blues" 5 CD set which is 116 tracks.

When renaming from properties you should look at the track numbers and pad everything with zeros so that they sort correctly in windows exploerer. If there are three digit track numbers then use the appropriate number of zeros, the same holds true for 2 digit track numbers.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2003, 12:25:31 am »

2. Changed: Tag Info combobox doesn't use the selection-divider-all list method when only one value is in the selection.

Oops, but now the selection-divider-all list method is almost never used! Sometimes I see it, but it seems that if there is one valid value and one blank value, it isn't seen. Wow, I miss it...

<<< after further playing >>>  Yes, the problem I'm having is when I'm trying to fill in a bunch of blank fields based on the contents of another. Unless there was a lot of squawking about the previous technique, it was much more predictable. But if you want to stay with the new way, the blank field has to be considered a second when creating the selection-divider header. You might even treat it as a fully valid field for consistency; then one of the choices in a mixed selection would be the "blank field", and that seems like a valid choice. But... please... don't let us lose the ability to propogate one value to a bunch of blank fields in the selection.  Thx!

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2003, 12:28:36 am »

This problem still occurs on 9.1.274 (first reported in 9.1.267):

MJCurPlaylistAutomation.AddFile(string, position) method is broken.

This method always causes MC to crash, no matter what is passed to it.  This happens not only in my own C++ plugin code, but also in the webremote plugin supplied by JRiver (either 1.0.6 or 1.0.7).  For example, using the searchplay action crashes because it calls AddFile().

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2003, 02:51:00 am »

I spent a few days with the skins before posting anything. Each has merits, and I've noticed changes over time in myself and GreenEyes.

... PixOS: Subtle and pleasant. Perhaps a bit too pastel, and horizontal grid lines are difficult to see, but a good choice for the default skin.

... Blue Steel: The TransAm of MC9. It's bold and attractive, but I feel it isn't broad enough in its appeal for the wide spectrum of users I believe are targets for Media Center.

... Green Eyes: Once my favorite, it's still attractive but it's not as readable as the others. The "rounded glass" effect frequently obscures the text labels. The green color is somewhat at odds with the new icons shades. Luv the buttons... I hope it gets a face-lift.

... Z: This is very attractive. Everything is quite readable. The grid lines are apparent but not instrusive. The Slider Controls seem over-highlighted - almost as if their left side was whited-out - but otherwise very good.

I guess I'd like to see PixOS with the color scheme of Z as my personal skin. I'd like to see Green Eyes tweaked and tuned a bit... and... "booster", if you're out there, could we have Amped as a Mega-Me skin for 9.1???    8)

My 2 cents; thx for reading.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2003, 03:56:29 am »

Matt... late night wrap-up...

You (all) did great! 12 CDs thru the laptop - zero failures of any kind. 25+ CDs through the Dell 8250, with the only failures occurring when I try to power-rip. I hit the program very hard tonight, renaming files from properties while ripping, importing while ripping, yada-yada, and MC9 performed admirably.

I believe I see a decrease in rip speed with .274. Is it possible that there is now an additional verification read throughout the CD? That's about the speed factor decrease by my estimate. Just something to think about. I'll continue to watch as I rip more CDs tomorrow.

In no case has MC9 or the completion window become the foreground window in place of another application. Just an FYI; I personally like it to pop up a window in the foreground when it's done. Another thought: could dismissing the Report Window after ripping Digital Secure also dismiss the standard Rip Complete window?

The selection-divider-all change has been nagging me all evening. When I *do* have a selection where all the fields are the same and none are blank - I like the new approach. However, when the selection includes one or more identical non-blank fields along with one or more blank fields, I feel quite handicapped by not being able to choose (at minimum) the non-blank entry, or preferably a choice between the non-blank entry and the blank entry. Pretty please?

Good night... and, once again, Good Job

(PS, my friend Frank in NL bought MC a few days ago, and I'm working with a fellow in the UK tomorrow. This is quite a nice program!)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2003, 06:06:21 am »

Ever Since The MessageThat Pops Up That Tells You The Database Is Saving, You Can Not Edit The Fields And Scroll Down and stay in edit mode for that field because then the message pops up saving databse and then kicks you out of edit mode.

Is this a problem with removing focus from the currently editing field? is there a better way that will not interfear with users editing there tags? like maybe just showing "Saving Database" in the status bar?

this makes MC9 almost unusable when editing tag fields.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

MachineHead

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2003, 08:37:41 am »

Installer with this build isn't working for me. Disabled firewall to check and then get typical MS error message.

Tried downloading with both browsers and still get same thing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2003, 10:06:11 am »

Installer with this build isn't working for me. Disabled firewall to check and then get typical MS error message.

It's probably a temp file problem.  Do IE/Tools/Internet Options/Temporary Internet Files/Delete Files.  It can take several minutes.

Please start a new thread if the problem continues.

MachineHead

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2003, 11:17:02 am »

It's probably a temp file problem.  Do IE/Tools/Internet Options/Temporary Internet Files/Delete Files.  It can take several minutes.

Please start a new thread if the problem continues.

Did that. Just forgot to mention it. I'll just wait for the next build to see if that has problems for me. I don't think it merits a thread if I'm the only one getting it.

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2003, 12:23:38 pm »

Here's a good one, hard to describe.

(sometimes) When I've got the action window set to show as a window and I've highlighted one or more tracks and then click "Tag Info" on the toolbar, all I get is the "Track Info" title bar.  I *can* grab a corner and resize it so I can see the tag info, but it's like it's somehow forgetting the previous size/location and only shows up with the title bar only.

Then the next time, I click tag info on the toolbar, it's right, for a while, and then something causes it to forget again, and I'll just get the title bar later when clicking  tag info on the toolbar.

I am using 9.1.274.  This has been bad for the last few builds, I'm not exactly sure whenit started.

Has anyone else noticed this?  It is VERY annoying.  Almost every time I click Tag Info on the tool bar with it set for windowed, it only brings up the title bar about 1.5" long and I must resize it.

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2003, 06:27:21 pm »

When choosing 'Rename Files from Properties', 9.0 properly handled '/' in Artist Name.  With 9.1.274 this is not the case.

For example 'AC/DC' as an Artist name resulted in "AC_DC" as a directory name with 9.0  With the lastest 9.1.274 (I haven't tried this with other versions of 9.1) This becomes a directory "AC" with a subdirectory "DC", which contains the files.

Intel Pentium 4 2405 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 361 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.

JeffreyK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2003, 08:44:26 pm »

An couple of odd issues are being seen in this build with out-of-proc automation - see thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=15926

-JeffreyK

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2003, 10:31:29 am »

I'm getting strange "Playing Now" behaviour with this build.

Inserting a CD and R/Clicking the drive in the Tree, choosing "play" as usual leads to single tracks playing only - MC9 stops after it plays each cut on the CD. Also the "time slider" at the top of the MC window is sticking occasionally.

No problems with Playlists - just CDs.

John

DancingSamurai

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2003, 11:29:36 am »

When editing track data in a playlist, using the main panel, I have a couple of annoyances:

- The playlist order updates immediately after I edit one field. So if I edit the album field, hit "Tab" to move to the next field, and the album is one of my sort criterea, the list re-orders itself, and editing focus is on the next field in the NEW track in whatever position I was editing before. Also, the list seems to revert to sorting by "playlist order" whenever this happens instead of the order I set, unless I've "Removed order"

- When I edit more than 2 fields in succession (moving between them using the tab key), the middle pane loses focus, and I have to use the mouse to click on the track and hit F2 again to go back to editing.

Again, these are only if I'm viewing the tracks on a playlist - if I find the tracks in the Media Library, everything behaves as expected.

*edit* This only seems to happen occasionally. Perhaps with a large number of untagged tracks?
--DancingSamurai
... Use tasteful words. You may have to eat them.

LisaRCT

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2003, 12:12:06 pm »

Been reported previousl on several occaisions, but not yet addressed. . . .  so I will report it one more time:

When listening to internet radio, the top title bar display in MC does show the proper current song title and changes properly when the song changes,

BUT the Track Info display does NOT update the song title with each new song . . .  it only updates if you change to a different track Info template (manual refresh no automatic refresh).

Minor annoyance, but still should be fixed IMO.

davidne0uk

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2003, 06:28:57 am »

Volume Slider has stopped working for me?

Davie

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Unknown 164 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 522 MB, Free - 208 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  No burners found.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2003, 06:48:12 am »

This build seems a LOT slower than a couple of builds ago...

It seems slower to start up.

Modifying a view scheme seems to take ages to update, for example, when removing columns from the current view. (The CPU usage maxes out %100 while this update is occuring also).

AMD Athlon 1836 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 256 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
Cheers
Rob

dragyn

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2003, 07:26:30 am »

Some previous posted bugs from a long time ago:

Rating column as the first column messes up the format. The icons don't align right under the mouse. Track icons (audio, image, video) don't show. This works fine only when you first move the rating column to the #1 position. After a refresh, then it gets funky.

Window doesn't scroll when dragging a column. Not a big deal but it takes a lot more time postioning columns as you have to drag, scroll, drag, scroll instead of just drag.

The volume icon shows mute when unmute and volume when muted. Looks weird.

Favorites don't update when moving a view scheme. Have to redo everthing.

Sorting doesn't save when moving a view scheme.

"Saving Database" shows when viewing videos in 'internal' mode.

"Updating Database / Gathering files..." dialog box would sometimes be full screen.

Sorting of [File Size] is messed up. It will go something like: 6.1KB, 6.1MB, 6.3KB in a pane. Works fine in a column.

AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 70 MB

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No

Marko

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2003, 01:05:53 pm »

Set MC maximised, then minimise it to the tray. Right click tray icon > Exit.

Next time MC is started it forgets it was maximised.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2003, 02:22:26 pm »

Here's a strange and incredibly confusing bug (feature)...

I'm sorting through an <artist> pane and fixing odd entries like incorrect spelling or weird duplicates. Hit F2 in the pane to change the artist name, make edits then hit return. All is fine and rename takes place. BUT, if you hit F2, make edits and then click another file (not hitting return) the file you click assumes the OLD name of the file you were trying to change??? It works in any pane as far as I can tell. Click on Peterr Gabriel, change name to Peter Gabriel, then click on Pete Townshend, and all Pete Townshend files become Peterr Gabriel.

I did a few of these before realizing my file properties were being twisted every which way but the correct way.

WP
Pages: [1]   Go Up