INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: POST IPOD SUPPORT QUESTIONS HERE  (Read 30582 times)

Rien van Ham

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re:POST IPOD SUPPORT QUESTIONS HERE
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2004, 05:07:29 pm »

Steve,

I just copied then from the Media Library->Audio to my e:\ drive. MC didn't like that and crashed.

Regards,
Rien

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2004, 05:17:01 pm »

Rien,

What is your E drive? iPod ? How did you copy the files? Drag and drop?

Rien van Ham

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2004, 05:21:50 pm »

Steve,

The e-drive is my second harddisk: 1 partition of 120 GB.
I dragged and dropped the files onto a subdirectory.
The strange thing is, when I repeated it just a minut ago, MC copied the files!

Rien

ph_bradley

• World Citizen
  • Shagadelic Baby!!
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2004, 04:51:25 am »

hi steve - great job on sorting out all the bugs, it seems fine now, although the date imported value when i look at that column is set from the moment you look at your handheld in MC, i.e. no use at all.

can i make a possible request for a new feature?
I have two computers and use my ipod to shuttle music between them. This mainly relies on me remembering what songs i have synced, or when. DO you think you could work on a feature that compares the music on the ipod to the music in the main library, and therefore tells you what files need to go in which direction? Sort of like a Windows Briefcase. This would be useful because very often my library is less up to date than my ipod
Welcome to flipmode

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2004, 08:55:28 am »

DO you think you could work on a feature that compares the music on the ipod to the music in the main library, and therefore tells you what files need to go in which direction? Sort of like a Windows Briefcase. This would be useful because very often my library is less up to date than my ipod

From your mouth to God's ears!  I could kill for that feature!

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2004, 10:40:19 am »

For those of you who convert on-the-fly or maintain a separate "converted" bunch of MP3s....

Are you able to bring over the last played/rating/playcount information from the iPod to your main library? If so, how?

My main library is in APE format. I maintain a duplicate set of tracks that are pre-converted to MP3. Naturally, the MP3 version gets copied to the iPod. I haven't yet tried synching the play data back to MC, but I would assume that the data would get attached to my MP3 versions of the files and not the "master/lossless" version of the files.

Any insights?
Brad

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2004, 11:28:59 am »

Steve,

Please can you supply a detailed explanation of what the following options do in the sync dialogue.

Delete Unselected From HH
Sync Data To MC
Sync Playlist Data

Thanks

Ash

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2004, 05:25:28 pm »

Steve,

Please can you supply a detailed explanation of what the following options do in the sync dialogue.

Sync Data To MC
Sync Playlist Data

Thanks

Ash

I'd find this useful as well.

Larry

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2004, 04:57:57 am »

Still seeing the occasional strange result when syncing.

Latest one is as follows.  I had a copy of Franz Ferdinand's debut album (both on MC and synced to my iPoD) which was ripped at a low bitrate.  So within MC I deleted the files from the Media Library (also deleting from disk) and reripped the CD at a more satisfactory bitrate.

When I synced, all appeared well.  The eleven tracks were re-transferred.

But they don't appear on the iPod.  Although they appear from within MC, when looking at device F: (the iPod), when looking through on the device itself I see that Franz Ferdinand has completely disappeared.

Looks like my only option is to initialise and resync.  Again.  :(  However, I'll leave it a short while just in case any of the files from the iPod in its current state are useful to you in trying to track down this problem.

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2004, 08:06:00 am »

SteveG:

I had had the problem with a resynch of an ipod not showing the files in the root directory & telling me that space would be exceeded, even though nothing had changed.

It worked in .80, at least once so far.  The only differences I could tell from what I had been doing before (other than using .80) were that I formatted the ipod in Explorer before "restoring" and "initializing" and that I ejected from MC (right click the drive & select eject) without also using the "safely remove" green arrow on the task bar, too.

Thanks,

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #160 on: February 29, 2004, 01:30:45 pm »

Sync Data To MC
Sync Playlist Data

Delete Unselected from HH, will delete any files from iPod which are not selected in the current synch.

Sync Data to MC, will copy data such as Rating and Last Played  Date and Playcount from iPod to MC. In the case of playcount, the MC playcount will be incremented.

Sync Playlist Data will create the playlists in the sync on iPod. If you just want to send the files and not have playlsits on the player, deselect this. I know for iPod users that seems silly, but for other users that makes sense.

Brad,

I will give you a definitive answer tomorrow, but I think in this situation, both the ape and mp3 files would be updated.

Steve

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2004, 09:53:43 am »

Hi,
I'm having big problems with the ipod plugin.
I'm not getting any playlists appear on the ipod, even though I can see them in the tree when browsing the ipod in MC. Also, about 90% of the files are unbrowsable on the ipod, even though, when browsing in MC I can see them.

I have been downloading the daily builds and synching every day and only noticed it with the current (.80) build.

I have tried rebuilding database on ipod and resynching to no avail. Also tried synching a bunch of times with various options (synch data to mc etc) ticked and unticked. No luck.

The only changes I've made recently was to my playlist rules. I moved the "Sort random" from the end of the list of rules, to the beginning.  Other than that, I havent changed the files to be synched or anything else. I've just been synching to update the last played data each time.

A few builds back I got the minus numbers come back for the last played data too. My clocks on pc and ipod were the same and it seemed to happen for no reason. I initialized and resynched to get rid of the problem.
Also, one time, I synched and it said that I had played every album in my movie scores genre at the same time. Strange.
However, this was a couple of builds back, and not my immediate problem right now. The only thing I havent tried yet is reinitializing again and starting from scratch. (I'll try that next). But I only did that about four days ago, so I dont see why the problem keeps coming back.

Feedback appreciated.
Thanks,
Bri

SteveG

« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2004, 11:09:21 am »

ph_bradley and Bedra,

This feature is possible, but won't be included immediately. If it does get included, Bendra must promise not to kill, we are pacifists here  :)

Brad,

If you enable 'Update tag info' in the synchronization, it will update all MC files that match a given iPod file's Artist, Album,Genre, Name and tracknumber. In your situation, both the ape and mp3 files tag info would be updated.

Madcow,

When I synced, all appeared well.  The eleven tracks were re-transferred.

The new files should not have retransferred in this example, unless the Name, Artist, Album, Genre or track number had changed. If you can reproduce this, I will try to track it down.

Steve,

Not sure. If it pops up again, lets track it down then.

Bri,

Lets narrow this down. After rebuilding the database, are all files playable/browsable on iPod? If not, then try a reinitialize. If yes, then sync one playlist of files and see if it appears.

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2004, 11:10:28 am »

Everyone,

This thread is large again. I will close it and start a new one.

Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up