INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.84 beta available  (Read 8892 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.84 beta available
« on: March 04, 2004, 05:01:04 pm »

This is in late beta.  It may still have problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please keep a list of issues and report them from time to time until we have addressed them.

The latest stable version of 9.1 is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter10084.exe

10.0.84 (3/4/04)

1. Fixed: License dialog would not be visible if MC was in full screen mode.
2. Fixed:  Download Manager would crash on closing.
3. Fixed: MC does a better job of keeping the keyboard focus on the display in windowed and fullscreen mode. (so keyboard shortcuts always work for DVD, TV, visualizations, etc.)
4. Changed: 3D visualization presets can be changed with the keyboard buttons 0...9.
5. Fixed: Some shortcuts would be translated in fullscreen mode that didn't make sense. (Ctrl+O, etc.)
6. Fixed: The "Failed to Update Files" message could list more files than would comfortably fit in a message box.
7. Fixed: MC would start with the "Back" navigation button enabled, even though there was no history.
8. Changed: CD burn action window shows time or MB remaining rather than percentage full.
9. Changed: Enter no longer returns from fullscreen.
10. Fixed: Pausing, then starting playback of another track would play a little of the paused track.
11. Changed: Setting a numeric field to 0 will show as empty instead of as 0.
12. Fixed: Playing certain files could cause a dead-lock on Win98.
13. Changed: Theater View's Playing Now always shows the playing file. (instead of always showing the first page of files)
14. Fixed: Download Manager took over downloading even if "Disable Browser Integration" was checked.

10.0.83 (3/3/04)

1. Fixed: Hitting 'Right' in a list-type Theater View page that showed no files could cause a crash.
2. Changed: A Theater View page with no items now shows a 'Back' item.
3. Changed: Folder template now defaults to None rather than Artist/Album.
4. Changed: If a CD burn process is cancelled, the user is asked if they want to also clear the burn queue.
5. Fixed: Alt+F, Alt+E, etc. didn't work once the menu bar had the focus.
6. Changed: WaveOut playback less likely to "plop" on stop. (still hardware dependent)
7. Changed: In image only playback, pausing and then advancing to the next slide wouldn't maintain the pause state.
8. Fixed: Media Center was incorrectly detecting current position of Windows Media streams.
9. Fixed: After clicking a control bar button in fullscreen, escape wouldn't return to standard view.
10. Changed: Theater View's Playing Now allows selection of list vs. thumbs view.
11. Changed: Moved Theater View's "Display Options" out of Playing Now.
12. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts would show on Theater View's Display Options items.
13. Fixed: With auto-size columns turned on, clicking back and forth in the panes could cause drawing errors in some cases.
14. Fixed: Ocasionally, Media Center was crashing during start up on Win 98.
15. Changed: Portable drag and drop files will respect order and transfer path.
16. Changed: Portable AW progress will show number of files, size of files to transfer, and avaialable space after transfer.
17. Fixed: Ability to handle mutliple WMDM device uploads.
18. Fixed: Nero CD plugin will no longer crash or enumerate system folders.
19. Fixed: Synching with Portables when tag info changes were made on portables could have corrupted portable databases such as iPod's.
20. Changed: Portable view columns for Status and HH path have been reversed to be more clear.
21. Fixed: In-place editing would be automatically stopped sometimes after making a change.
22. Changed: Media Center will not start minimized unless a shortcut is explicitly set to start it minimized.
23. Changed: Burning large numbers of files now faster.
24. NEW: Column auto-sizing uses a more sophisticated best fit system. (and is much faster than before)

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Media Center 10.0.84 beta available
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 06:31:03 pm »

13. Changed: Theater View's Playing Now always shows the playing file. (instead of always showing the first page of files)

I don't think this fix is working. When Theater View's "playing now" moves from the last track on the current screen/page and starts to play the first track on the next screen/page, the green arrow apparently goes to the next page, but the entire screen does not scroll up to keep sync with the green arrow. The result is that the green arrow is on the next screen/page, but you can't see it or the track it's playing.

Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 06:44:47 pm »

Playing Now jumps on me. When I double-click a song to play, the list jumps around (640x480). Would you be a pal and fix this for me please? It interferes with my madman driving skills.

<system info unavailable at this time.>

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 10:26:01 pm »

I'm very happy to see this change.  I've been wanting this since I started using Theatre View.  I did get the same result as Rizlaw when the last song on the page is finished playing and moves onto the next.

Happily, I did see the current track on the screen when I selected a track deep down the list in Standard View, then switched to Theatre View.

My suggestion as to where to place the current Playing Now track would be in the #2 position (out of 12 thumbnails).  This way you can see what the previous track played was.  I don't think it's necessary to redraw the screen every time you move to the next song.  But if you are going to the next page or you're coming from another mode, it would be nice to see the currently playing track in the second slot.

Lastly, I would like to go from Standard View to Theatre View and remain in Playing Now without selecting choices in the Theatre View menu first.

pbreet

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 11:46:24 pm »

Audio Analysis - does not show the file list at all, but seems to work.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 11:56:22 pm »

Still getting "specified stream not recognized" error when trying to play WMA radio stations.  These are stations that had definitely worked with an earlier MC build -- I had actually bookmarked them, so I can confirm that they worked.

Larry

jleerigby

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 01:12:42 am »

The new feature whereby File Properties / Image in the AW follows the currently playing track stops working if you reach the end of the list and hit next to go back to the beginning.

I see another enhancement to 3D vis in this build but still not even an acknowledgement of the bug I reported many times with standard vis.  3D vis might be flavour of the month to you lot but if you tried running it on a 42" plasma you'd think differently once you saw the CPU usage.

I can recreate the vis bug on different machines with different visualisations.  All you need to do is change the on equation to something that's not always on, then keep hitting next and you'll see that it does not always update the cover art in the Vis.  Can you imagine how naff this looks when you are playing one track and showing the vis for the one you played 3 tracks ago?

If you can't recreate it please tell me but at the moment it seems like I'm reporting a very valid bug (which is what you asked for so 10 could be ready for release) and it's being ignored whilst minor feature requests are being satisfied.

ZRocker

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 10:43:15 am »

Deleted option - NEED it back:
There used to be an option (and support) for having MJ/MC drill down when viewing removable media (like a data CD).  This has been removed and is needed back.  I catalog all my MP3 data CD backups in MC and having to click on every folder on a CD in order for MC to catalog the entire disk is stupid (a pain).  Please restore the previous option and support (I forget the exact option name).  I saw someone else a few weeks back complain about this missing option, too.

jleerigby

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 11:52:41 am »

1.    In place editing is acting strangely.  If you Press F2 to edit, then down arrow to the field below MC often comes out of edit mode and you have to press F2 again.  It doesn't happen all the time and I'm not sure if it's caused by you having pasted something into the field using Ctrl V.  Can't quite put my finger on what's causing it.

[Edit - It's as though something else is grabbing focus as you hit the down arrow key]

2.  MC will not allow me to delete track # from a tag.  It insists on changing it to 0 which I do not want.

[EDIT - SORRY. I was using .82 and with .84 all seems to be OK again.  Blush!]

shAf

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 01:03:34 pm »

I cannot tell if it's working or not ... i.e., the progress bar does not move   :-[

tia  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 10:55:36 pm »

When ripping a CD in the AW, if the ripping spped is 9X or less, the speed displays properly (i.e., "9x"). But once it goes to 10x or above (once it reaches two digits), it displays as "10...." It stays this way even if you expand the tree/AW. Maybe the progress bar could be cut down a bit to allow both digits to display?

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 11:19:42 pm »

10. Fixed: Pausing, then starting playback of another track would play a little of the paused track.

This seems to work right, but I do have a problem when I'm connected to my Media Server (connected via internet, not LAN).  If I skip forward or back by track in playing now I get a brief pulse of noise (possibly the previous song).  Anyone else repro this?

phatrabt

Media Center 10.0.84 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 26 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

marcusaschneider

DSP Studio won't start anymore
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 01:54:36 am »

Hello out there,

I just installed 10.0.84 and unfortunately the DSP Studio does not start anymore, no matter from where I try to call it.
Nevertheless, the settings I once applied seem to work fine (just the replay gain at a fixed db-level).

System information follows:

Media Center Registered 10.0.84 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 52 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 494 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Regards, Marcus

Vermaje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • En français, ce serait mille fois mieux !
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 01:57:14 am »

Two bugs (?) :

1°) When I will Update Library and remove fields which do not exist, MC will connect to Internet : why ?  >:(

2°) When I will analyse my audio files, the window is not full (different that in MC10.083) : Why ?  :-\

Thanks for your lights !

Jean-Marc

Media Center Registered 10.0.84 -- C:\Program Files\J River\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 799 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 0 MB
Resource Info: System - 45 %, GDI - 73 %, User - 45 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-115   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: GoldStar CD-RW CED-8080B    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: 90 %
Jean-Marc

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2004, 02:21:39 am »

1) Media Center Library Manager allows invalid pathnames to be entered in the location text box for specifing where to save the library. I found this out by accidentally entering an invalid path (that is, a path name which includes invalid characters such as '*' or '|') without realising. The problem is, MC allows this path, and then lets you play with the library. I spent a while configuring this particular library and then when I restarted MC the next day, I was presented with a nice, empty library, because the library hadn't been saved and the file creation error had been ignored by MC. This is obviously a pretty important bug.

2) After double-clicking on the title bar of MC to maximize from a normal window state, a mouse down event is sent to the mouse cursor position after the maximize has taken place. This can bring up the "Edit View Schemes" drop down list if the mouse happens to end up sitting above a pane header for example. This is obviously a slightly less important bug :)

Cheers,

Scott.

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2004, 06:38:04 am »

BUG
option to close disc in burn cd dialog crashes MC. 100% repeatable on different systems. Just chose close disc and then ok.

Rich

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2004, 08:20:28 am »

ASX format does not seem to work. Clicking on the links on these web pages does nothing even though ASX is setup in MC associations:

http://www.cartalk.com/Radio/Show/online.html
http://www.atnzone.com/moviezone/video/clips.shtml

Thanks,
AJ

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2004, 08:33:45 am »

I was quiet excited thinking this meant it would follow the playing now track but it still dissapears off the screen  :(
Please consider fixing this too
Rich

ZRocker

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2004, 09:45:52 am »

Bug:
1. Video playback constantly (100%) stalls when playing back .AVI (Divx) files (I personally encoded from DVDs).  MC get to the end of the current video and just stalls (stops)...I have to manually force MC to change to the next video or mp3 by double-clicking on the next track or pressing Next.  This only happens with video files (that are playing and get to the end).  Same .AVIs playback fine in other video players (like WMP).

Update:
Seems to be caused by using the position slider to move the vioeo position to near the end of the video (within 1 min) and letting it play out.  I think if you let the videos just play and don't try to forward or rewind, MC will switch to the next video ok...weird...I hope this info helps you guys resolve the problem.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2004, 02:42:20 pm »

just looking around i wondered into "My Computer"

each time i clicked on a new path MC asked me to select files to play.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2004, 03:36:06 pm »

When running MC10 connected to a Media Server, occasionally "lose" visualizations.

Basically, if I minimize the MC window or switch to a view other than Playing Now, when I return to Playing Now the visualization has vanished. Instead, the window just shows remnants of whatever was there before. Switching to another visualization does not help. However, switching to track info, and then back the visualization, restores the visualization.

Also, as lalittle pointed out, cover art never shows in Track Info when using Media Server. Shows up in other views, but never in Track Info.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2004, 05:49:28 pm »

Is the new column auto-sizing system working the way it was intended to?  I know that as of build .0.83, my columns seem much too small.  My ratings column, which is currently the first shown, only extends out to the fourth star/indicator on any skin.  And the name and album column often do not show the entire name (i.e. extending out to the longest possible name in the list)

Am I alone in having this problem ?

ferran9

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2004, 05:55:15 pm »

BUG: The TrackInfo Dreamstage page (on Playing Now) does not populate the Year field

ZRocker

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2004, 06:55:39 pm »

Bug:
1. The position slider does not work for DVDs in MEGA-ME mode...it does work when the playback window is detached or in full screen mode (in their respective window/display).

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2004, 06:02:29 am »

24. NEW: Column auto-sizing uses a more sophisticated best fit system. (and is much faster than before)

The reason I used this feature has been taken away with this new version.  I liked it MUCH better when the "auto size columns" feature simply made the columns wide enough to read the widest entry.  The new "more sophisticated" system ends up forcing me to grab and expand columns all the time, which negates the whole point of auto sizing in the first place.  I understand wanting to improve things, but in this case you fixed something that wasn't broken, and a very useful feature was taken away.

Is there any way to return the "full" auto resize option where the columns simply change to fit the width of the widest entry in that column?

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2004, 06:18:51 am »

After ripping a CD, the next one inserted starts to rip automatically without giving me a chance to confirm song names and so forth.  This just started in one of the last few builds.  I need to disable this so that each CD inserted requires me to actually hit the "rip" button before the rip starts.  Note that once I close the rip action window, the next disc entered does NOT auto rip -- the problem only occurs when inserting another disc after a rip without hitting the "close" button in the rip window first.

On a related note, the "secure rip report" doesn't come up until you hit the "close" button in the rip window.  This does not makes sense -- the information is useful directly after ripping, and it's not intuitive to have to hit "close" in the rip window after each rip when you're ripping multiple discs.

Larry

dylanstan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love MJ V9! At last cover view! Big Kiss!!!
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2004, 08:19:51 am »

One big problem here:
Album Artist (auto) don't recognize SOME of the several compilations i have. This is a problem with this MC version. I was using some older version and all my compilations was under Multiple Artist. Now some are under Multiple Artist and some not. I haven't find a common point in wich ones recognize as Multiple Artist and wich ones not, although i'll try to find it.

Vorgod

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2004, 08:41:59 am »

does not show the file list  - and if it works i works very slowly!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2004, 09:30:41 am »

Vorgod

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2004, 11:20:36 am »

does not show the file list  - and if it works i works very slowly!

Hi again

Now i sure that there are problems regarding replay gain and DSP studio.

I cannot make MC calculate replay gain even though I only select one track

and dsp studio (replay gain for current track) always shows replaygain = 0.0

... I hope you understand this - My best English effort!

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2004, 04:07:27 pm »

I posted about this a few builds ago in a separate thread, and Jim replied, but I couldnt confirm it as a bug or not.

Send to Web/FTP doesnt work. Everything appears to go smoothly, but afterwards the dialog shows '0 of x files transferred.

Happy to start a new thread if this isnt classified as a bug and is down to my ignorance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2004, 06:15:30 pm »

One big problem here:
Album Artist (auto) don't recognize SOME of the several compilations i have. This is a problem with this MC version. I was using some older version and all my compilations was under Multiple Artist. Now some are under Multiple Artist and some not. I haven't find a common point in wich ones recognize as Multiple Artist and wich ones not, although i'll try to find it.

There's more explanation here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19399;start=msg134452#msg134452

Basically you need your mix albums in a folder of their own for the automatic logic to consider them a mix.

mooseman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2004, 07:06:24 pm »

14. Fixed: Download Manager took over downloading even if "Disable Browser Integration" was checked.

Uhm, hate to disappoint you guys, but this isn't fixed.  I've installed this version, checked file association, etc.  But Download Manager still insists on starting, and the file never plays.  The worst part about it, is that Media Jukebox is not supposed to be associated with the file type in the first place.

In the installer, could you give us the option to not install this component?  I don't see any need for this, except to frustrate me and make we want to uninstall.

dylanstan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love MJ V9! At last cover view! Big Kiss!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2004, 07:48:41 pm »

One big problem here:

There's more explanation here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19399;start=msg134452#msg134452

Basically you need your mix albums in a folder of their own for the automatic logic to consider them a mix.

OK! I've discovered that the ones didn't recognize like multiple artist was the 2xcd (or 3xCD) compilations that i've in the same folder, but in the properties i've entitled like title CD1, title CD2, title CD3.
I suppose that if i want these ones recognized each like different multiple artist, i'll have to create different folders for them (cd1-cd2, etc) Well, not sure if i like this way. Some time ago i used this way to save my compilation lps, but after some time i discovered that i prefered have them in the same folder, beginning with 101, 102,...; 201, 202,...; 301, 302,.... Now, i've to think about it, cause if i put the same title, but the track listing for cd1 is 1 to 10... and the track listing for cd2 is from 1 to 10 too, (not 11 to 20), then it will appear like incomplete album. Really will have to decide if i want to see my double compilations like two records (as until now :)), or like one record (more songs to look for in the same record :()

dynamic

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2004, 10:07:34 pm »

i agree with lalittle.  why fix something that was perfectly perfect.  i and many others, i'm sure, prefer the previous method of auto-sizing.  i like to see entire titles. i also think that auto-sizing should work on currently playing song/file.  maybe get rid of the bolding of the text.  

please consider returning to previous system and fixing bolding of current playing song or resize column for song currently playing.

in picture auto-size is on.

To each his own!!!

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2004, 10:32:39 pm »

please consider returning to previous system and fixing bolding of current playing song or resize column for song currently playing.

There are other possible ways of showing the currently playing song other than bolding it -- ways that would not have the problem of pushing the text outside the visible portion of the column.  For example, italics could be used, or a different text color, or perhaps bolding the outline of the collumn rather than the text itself.  These methods would still seperate the "currently playing" song from the "highlighted" song, but they wouldn't change the way the text fit in the window.

Larry

Omni

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2004, 12:00:35 am »

i agree with lalittle.  why fix something that was perfectly perfect.  i and many others, i'm sure, prefer the previous method of auto-sizing.  i like to see entire titles. i also think that auto-sizing should work on currently playing song/file.  maybe get rid of the bolding of the text.  

in picture auto-size is on.

To each his own!!!

But it's not "perfectly perfect."  :)  Apparently, you are one of the very few that don't have those one or two tracks with really, really long names.  Making the column stretch out across the entire screen (and thus, hiding other columns off-screen) for 20 songs out of 10,000 is irritating, too.  ::)

Maybe a compromise:  throw away 10% of the largest widths, and then auto-size based on the remaining 90%.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2004, 02:27:37 am »

Apparently, you are one of the very few that don't have those one or two tracks with really, really long names.  Making the column stretch out across the entire screen (and thus, hiding other columns off-screen) for 20 songs out of 10,000 is irritating, too.  ::)

Maybe a compromise:  throw away 10% of the largest widths, and then auto-size based on the remaining 90%.

This wouldn't work since it would always cut off at least one song no matter how short the longest song was (unless they were all the same length.)  I think a better approach would be to put an upper limit to the number of songs that would utilize the "always fit the longest song" approach.  This way, the huge lists would display as they do now, but short lists -- like single albums -- would always fit ALL the songs, which is likely what you want when looking at a single album.

Larry

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2004, 04:06:29 am »

When doing Audio Analysis, the list of songs to be analyzed... isn't there. Just a big blank space in the dialog box. If I click Analyze it goes off and does it, just nothing is displayed.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2004, 06:45:25 am »

Apparently, you are one of the very few that don't have those one or two tracks with really, really long names.  Making the column stretch out across the entire screen (and thus, hiding other columns off-screen) for 20 songs out of 10,000 is irritating, too.  ::)

This wouldn't work since it would always cut off at least one song no matter how short the longest song was (unless they were all the same length.)  I think a better approach would be to put an upper limit to the number of songs that would utilize the "always fit the longest song" approach.  This way, the huge lists would display as they do now, but short lists -- like single albums -- would always fit ALL the songs, which is likely what you want when looking at a single album.

Larry

Why not setting it up where there is an upper limit to the length of the certain standard fields like album ?  So, if you have a really long album title that is 235 characters long, the album field will only expand out to 100 characters?  But if all the album lengths are below 100 characters, the field is only as long as the longest entry ?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2004, 06:50:30 am »

Why not setting it up where there is an upper limit to the length of the certain standard fields like album ?  So, if you have a really long album title that is 235 characters long, the album field will only expand out to 100 characters?  But if all the album lengths are below 100 characters, the field is only as long as the longest entry ?

Taking this one step further, you could put a second setting right next to the "auto size" checkbox that defined the maximum number or characters to expand the column width out to.  This single added setting would allow a simple way of "tuning" the auto size function to suit ones needs.

Larry

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2004, 08:55:18 am »

Uhm, hate to disappoint you guys, but this isn't fixed.  I've installed this version, checked file association, etc.  But Download Manager still insists on starting, and the file never plays.  The worst part about it, is that Media Jukebox is not supposed to be associated with the file type in the first place.

Can you ellaborate? What kind of file are you trying to play? How did Download Manager jump in the scene? I wonder if we are talking about the same thing here.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2004, 11:35:59 am »

MC no longer imports short length files, roughly less than 10 seconds.
Rich

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2004, 11:52:41 am »

MC no longer imports short length files, roughly less than 10 seconds.
Rich

That's an option on the 'Advanced' section of the import dialog.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2004, 12:59:30 pm »

When ripping a CD in the AW, if the ripping spped is 9X or less, the speed displays properly (i.e., "9x"). But once it goes to 10x or above (once it reaches two digits), it displays as "10...." It stays this way even if you expand the tree/AW. Maybe the progress bar could be cut down a bit to allow both digits to display?

crow
Does it look like this crow?

This has been this way since build .64. I'm sure the JRiver crew is aware of it, and I'm hoping that they're working on a solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up