INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.100 beta available  (Read 11943 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.100 beta available
« on: March 26, 2004, 04:54:54 pm »

This is in late beta.  It may still have problems.

Please reserve this thread for bugs.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.

Please check the license and price thread before you download:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=17336

The latest beta of 10 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100100.exe

10.0.100 (3/26/04)

1. NEW: Added new 3D visualization: 3D Pong. (it's interactive!)
2. Fixed: Double-clicking to play could cause a random file to start playing in some cases.
3. Changed: A few Thunderstorm skin tweaks.
4. Fixed: Selecting Options from CD rip action window and then clicking Ok resulted in crash.
5. Fixed: Theater View option changes to visible root items wouldn't take effect until leaving and re-entering Theater View.
6. Changed: Option dialog images drawn with higher quality.
7. Fixed: Dragging files to a handheld in the tree could cause the view position to be lost.
8. Changed: 3D Visualizations require DirectX 9.0 or later.
9. Fixed: Successive transfers to portables could mess up the progress bar.
10. Changed: Video files will tranfer to WMDM and generic removable drive type Portables.
11. Fixed: In burn action window, progress for file conversion wasn't being shown when "direct decode" option was disabled.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
Re:Media Center 10.0.100 beta available
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 05:05:15 pm »

Bug:
1. 3D Pong doesn't work...I hit W key, / key and S key...nothing happens.

Works just fine for me, but the controls are too slow to have any chance against Media Center...  Not even Aerosmith can compete!

-John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 05:11:04 pm »

IanG

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 05:42:08 pm »

There's still a problem with updating fields if you explore via drives and devices.  Open a folder and customise the view to include the comment field.  Add a comment and exit MC.  Reopen MC and no comment!

Ian G.

maxl311

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 06:08:25 pm »

This has been going on for quite a few builds now, but MC is still identifying some WM audio ASX streams as having a "WMV" file type. Not a big deal if you are listening to these streams in MC itself since they still play just fine, but none of these streams work if you add them to a playlist and try to play them through the TiVo HMO, which I assume is because the TiVo streaming doesn't support streaming of anything identified as video. In my view, this is a pretty large limitation to MC 10's new and cool ability to play WM streaming audio through the TiVo HMO and should at least be acknowledged and doc'ed if it can't be fixed.

(Since this has been reported numerous times on previous builds by folks such as myself and lalittle, I assume that jriver is aware of this issue. Just for my future reference, is it kosher to keep reporting this problem over and over till it gets fixed or an acceptable workaround is documented?)
Every technology really needs to be shipped with a special manual -- not how to use it but why, when, and for what.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 07:33:26 pm »

When I installed this version on my server, the installer didn't seem to shutdown Media Server (or does the installer now shutdown AND restart Media Server???)
Cheers
Rob

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 07:40:30 pm »

This has been going on for quite a few builds now, but MC is still identifying some WM audio ASX streams as having a "WMV" file type. Not a big deal if you are listening to these streams in MC itself since they still play just fine, but none of these streams work if you add them to a playlist and try to play them through the TiVo HMO, which I assume is because the TiVo streaming doesn't support streaming of anything identified as video. In my view, this is a pretty large limitation to MC 10's new and cool ability to play WM streaming audio through the TiVo HMO and should at least be acknowledged and doc'ed if it can't be fixed.

(Since this has been reported numerous times on previous builds by folks such as myself and lalittle, I assume that jriver is aware of this issue. Just for my future reference, is it kosher to keep reporting this problem over and over till it gets fixed or an acceptable workaround is documented?)

I am experiencing this too.

jsosow

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 07:56:35 pm »

I just installed the 10.0.100 beta and now my fields will not stay in place.  I spread the fields out and then say save this view and it will not save.  If I change from music to movies and back it all goes back to all being scrunched together.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 09:29:39 pm »

7. Fixed: Dragging files to a handheld in the tree could cause the view position to be lost.

Thanks. With this functionality implemented, you should change the items in the Action Window in the Images and Video Media Modes to include the handheld player.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 10:10:40 pm »

Everytime the visualization rect (the actual draw area) is exposed when set to 3d visualization, MC crashes regardless of which 3d vis is selected. I can open the pane just a little to expose the visualization control bar at the bottom of the pane without it crashing.

Media Center Registered 10.0.100 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1292 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 333 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 10:15:30 pm »

I still have the same bugs with the 3D visualizations "Text" and "Starscope" -- they're gray or black sometimes.  As always, I've never had trouble with the other 3D visualizations which wrap the cover art around the objects, like the "particle" ones.  I'm not the only person to see this, and it's been reported on both nvidia and ATI chipsets.  This problem has always happened since the version 9 days.

Larry

PS.  Matt -- could you take another look at my "Audible tag" thread here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19944.  You're previous response in this thread "almost" solved the problem, but not quite.

Thanks.

paulr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 10:26:11 pm »

Possible regression:  Can no longer right-click in the browser window.  I think this was an issue a few betas ago and was fixed.

matshif

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2004, 11:46:36 pm »

The Thunderstorm skin needs a Playing Now "Track Info" screen to match it.

Larry

Have a look at the top of this thread.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=19573

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2004, 01:12:54 am »

I'm downloading now. You went from a 16 MB to an 18 MB file. This Pong must be really ..... well .....  big.

Both the new and the old help file got included.  It'll shrink back down next build.

scott_r

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2004, 07:50:00 am »

When I click on the volume button, the drop down menu opens a whole lot lower than it should.

Scott.

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2004, 08:43:23 am »

Bugs:
1. New help file has many ? (red question marks) displayed throughout.

2. If the AW window is NOT minimized, the Tab key does not work for tabbing between the Org Tree and Content windows.

3. Using Thunderstorm skin (for this bug report), you cannot drag the volume slider bar to 0% (silence)...stops at 1%...you have to use the mouse wheel to get to 0%.

Monkeyboy

• World Citizen
  • I'm a Monkey
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2004, 09:30:29 am »

If you are in theatre view and leave it on. The windows screensaver tries to kick and and MC rejects it. This is clearly visible and quiet annoying (screensaver visible for split-second).
Rich

Tangoman

• World Citizen
  • You are nothing that you are conscious of.
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2004, 10:21:31 am »

Hi All at MJ,
I like the the up date to Thunder Storm The programme is looking great.

I found a buglet by accident. If there is a forward slash at the end of a track name and you select the track in one of the pane views all tracks are added to the content view.
Cheers Tangodude
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left. - Anon

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2004, 12:02:41 pm »

BUG: Clicking an artist or album in the left-hand tree resizes my the divider between the tree bar and playlist/visualization side to the default width.  Even if i change it's width, it goes back to the default as soon as i click another name.

The volume and menu changes look great.  Thanks!

Havana

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2004, 01:27:06 pm »

Possible regression:  Can no longer right-click in the browser window.  I think this was an issue a few betas ago and was fixed.

This was fixed a couple of builds ago, but the problem seems back.  For me the context menu does show, but it takes a couple of right clicks to bring it up (sluggish).

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2004, 03:28:49 pm »

I still have the same bugs with the 3D visualizations "Text" and "Starscope" -- they're gray or black sometimes.  As always, I've never had trouble with the other 3D visualizations which wrap the cover art around the objects, like the "particle" ones.  I'm not the only person to see this, and it's been reported on both nvidia and ATI chipsets.  This problem has always happened since the version 9 days.

Larry

PS.  Matt -- could you take another look at my "Audible tag" thread here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=19944.  You're previous response in this thread "almost" solved the problem, but not quite.

Thanks.
Me too. I'd always assumed this was how it was supposed to behave, and hence never bothered with the 3D vis.

I'm using an ATI 9800 AIW Pro, with latest Catalyst drivers.

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2004, 03:45:46 pm »

very minor point but in smartlists the limit box's title is "searc"

pip

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2004, 10:42:51 pm »

I'm having MC open up with my playlists selected and auto expanded.  Files are showing up in the display window that are not in any of my playlists.  This is a problem whenever i select the root playlist item on the tree.  In fact, when MC is in "audio mode" video and picture files will show up when selecting the root playlist item.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2004, 10:12:19 am »

I just Went To:

Control Pannel
Admin Tools
etc...

And Changed Drive Letters

MC did not know that i did this and still thought i had a drive G:

only after a reboot of the system did MC know what drive letters I Still Had On The System.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

RemyJ

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2004, 01:13:28 pm »

When the "Saving Tag Changes..." message box is up, the rest of the application doesn't repaint.   It looks a mess when anything else is moved around in front of it.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Omni

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2004, 01:17:50 pm »

Rename from File Properties does not seem to work seemlessly.

I had two external (i.e., not imported yet) tracks in my Playing Now list.

First, I imported them, and then I started playing them.  They were in a temp directory, so I wanted to move them (now that they were imported) to my standard music repository.

Anyway, long story short, trying to move the currently playing track seemed not to do anything--I was looking at the directories in Windows Explorer--but okay, fine, that would be a sharing violation, so I forgive MC for this (( ;) )), but even after the tracked played out and I was well into the other track, still nothing happened.  I had to manually click on the Stop icon for the (presumably) queued task to execute.

But wait!  It gets better. :)  Now I am sitting there currently not playing anything, and I try to move the other track (via Rename from Properties), and again nothing happens.  So on a whim, I clicked on the Stop button again (even though there was nothing currently playing), and only after that did the file get renamed and moved.

Omni

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2004, 02:07:39 pm »

When trying to start Timeshifting in TV tuner, I get the following error message:

Failed to create MJTSWriteFilter

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2573 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 193 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive F: SONY    DVD-ROM DDU1612   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Trumpet1.wav

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Sir Alan

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:Changed Drive Letters
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2004, 05:18:08 pm »

I just Went To:

Control Pannel
Admin Tools
etc...

And Changed Drive Letters

MC did not know that i did this and still thought i had a drive G:

only after a reboot of the system did MC know what drive letters I Still Had On The System.
What OS do you use? W2K for instance does not implement a change of drive letter until the system is rebooted (for NTFS partitions, at any rate), so the change would not be recognised by programs until then.  Although I don't use it, I suspect that XP would be the same.
"Progress just makes bad things happen faster" – Granny Weatherwax

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 02:03:25 am »

Two things:

1) columns view isn't saved properly - the width of my lyrics-column is set back eventhough I ask for a 'save current view'. Actually: it was alright before this build, but with this build it made this column broader

2) the balloon-pop-up shows a tiny image of the cover-art belonging to a song. But... it doesn't always show the right ones.
That is the case when... well, here's an example:
1. I got some songs of Madonna's album Ray of light
2. Songtitles are: Ray of light, Frozen, Drowned world and the power of good-bye
3. names of the .jpg's are exactly the same as the songnames, as I collect these covers instead of albumcovers
4. the cover of Ray of light is shown in all 4 cases in the balloon pop-ups
5. the jpg is showed in 'Playing now' properly

Hope that's clear
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 09:06:25 am »

I've edited out some of the discussion so we can concentrate on the bugs.  I've also removed a couple that I don't believe are bugs.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2004, 09:59:27 am »

Two things:

2) the balloon-pop-up shows a tiny image of the cover-art belonging to a song. But... it doesn't always show the right ones.
That is the case when... well, here's an example:
1. I got some songs of Madonna's album Ray of light
2. Songtitles are: Ray of light, Frozen, Drowned world and the power of good-bye
3. names of the .jpg's are exactly the same as the songnames, as I collect these covers instead of albumcovers
4. the cover of Ray of light is shown in all 4 cases in the balloon pop-ups
5. the jpg is showed in 'Playing now' properly

I've noticed this as well, whacky pop-up behaviour with thumbnails not matching the text.

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2004, 10:39:09 am »

BUG: MC steals the screen every now and then when ripping a disc.  The button on the taskbar will blink and the MC window takes over the screen.  The one instance I can recreate are the following:

(1) After beginning a rip and changing windows (say, to IE), MC steals takes the screen when the rip actually begins (after acquiring CD data from the net).

BUG:  "Ripping track ... # of #" does not reset for each subsequent disc.  For example, if the first two discs I ripped consecutively have track totals of 14 and 10, the ripping dialogue would show "Ripping track 20 or 24," and so on.  It would increase to 34 if the 3rd disc had ten tracks.  (Maybe this is intended....)

I forgot to post my specs on previous bugs for this thread...so here she be...

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2791 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 109 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8162B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: PLEXTOR CD-R   PX-W4824A  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4824A   Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2004, 10:48:23 am »

1) columns view isn't saved properly - the width of my lyrics-column is set back eventhough I ask for a 'save current view'. Actually: it was alright before this build, but with this build it made this column broader

Auto-sizing of the tree and list columns is on by default.  You can disable it in Options > Tree & View.

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2004, 10:48:34 am »

I keep getting a media core has encounterd a problem and needs to close.. I tried another install and get the same message . I'am at work and was using smart playlist and was good for about 3hrs before this started to happen

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2004, 11:03:13 am »

Thanks for the tip, Matt.  That strikes my first bug report from earlier.

IanG

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2004, 12:14:48 pm »

I've edited out some of the discussion so we can concentrate on the bugs.  I've also removed a couple that I don't believe are bugs.

Jim, I'm sorry, but I don't agree that MC's inability to handle .ram files isn't a bug.  MC recognises .ram as a media extension in the Disks and Devices view and tries to play it - if it then has a problem it either hangs or crashes.  MC's behaviour is also inconsistent as the Media Library view doesn't recognise .ram as a media type.  

Ian G.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2004, 12:18:39 pm »

Ian,
Please start a thread on this.  Give an example of a file that can be downloaded and ask others to try it.

Thanks.

IanG

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2004, 12:21:25 pm »

Jim, that was quick - I was just about to apologise for not providing enough information :-)

Ian G.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2004, 12:52:41 pm »

There's still a problem with updating fields if you explore via drives and devices.  Open a folder and customise the view to include the comment field.  Add a comment and exit MC.  Reopen MC and no comment!

Ian G.

The comment will only be preserved if the file can support tagging or if you import it into the library.

MC doesn't keep information about non-imported files around between sessions.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2004, 12:53:43 pm »

I'm having MC open up with my playlists selected and auto expanded.  Files are showing up in the display window that are not in any of my playlists.  This is a problem whenever i select the root playlist item on the tree.  In fact, when MC is in "audio mode" video and picture files will show up when selecting the root playlist item.

MC shows all imported files at the root of playlists.  This is by design.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2004, 12:55:56 pm »

Rename from File Properties does not seem to work seemlessly.

I had two external (i.e., not imported yet) tracks in my Playing Now list.

First, I imported them, and then I started playing them.  They were in a temp directory, so I wanted to move them (now that they were imported) to my standard music repository.

Anyway, long story short, trying to move the currently playing track seemed not to do anything--I was looking at the directories in Windows Explorer--but okay, fine, that would be a sharing violation, so I forgive MC for this (( ;) )), but even after the tracked played out and I was well into the other track, still nothing happened.  I had to manually click on the Stop icon for the (presumably) queued task to execute.

But wait!  It gets better. :)  Now I am sitting there currently not playing anything, and I try to move the other track (via Rename from Properties), and again nothing happens.  So on a whim, I clicked on the Stop button again (even though there was nothing currently playing), and only after that did the file get renamed and moved.

Omni

Change views or selected files to apply changes immediately.  If a file is playing, changes won't be applied until it is no longer playing.

More details here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=20186

blackimp

• Recent member
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2004, 03:13:14 pm »

Possible regression:  Can no longer right-click in the browser window.  I think this was an issue a few betas ago and was fixed

Same here.

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1865 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 775 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G: LITE-ON LTR-52327S        Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-52327S         Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

ZRocker

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2004, 03:39:17 pm »

Try double-right-clicking...that seems to work!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up