INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.148 Alpha Available  (Read 7773 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.148 Alpha Available
« on: December 09, 2004, 05:23:07 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110148.exe [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.148 (12/09/04)

1. Fixed: MC wouldn't draw thumbnails at a size larger than 256x256.
2. NEW: Added experimental system to use expressions as view scheme columns. (may not remain)

11.0.147 (12/09/04)

1. Fixed: Deleting queued files from a burn list could be overly slow in some cases.
2. Fixed: Green arrow type buttons in Options wouldn't always work.
3. Fixed: 'Optimize volume' startup option was not being honored.
4. Fixed: In some cases, the installer could change the skin with each load.

11.0.146 (12/08/04)

1. Fixed: Thumbnail views that contained files that MC couldn't thumbnail could cause a hang. (most common with videos)
2. Fixed: When MC showed a local webpage (on Start w/o Internet connection, etc.), it would do it in a separate window instead of inside the program.
3. Fixed: Certain Portable Devices stopped appearing in the tree. They should now be seen.
4. Fixed: WMDM progress appeared multiple times in task manager.
5. Fixed: Filenames that exceeded the shell's limit for filename length could cause crashes in MC.
6. Changed: MC no longer imports files with filenames that exceed the shell's limit. (since system functions won't always work on them)
7. Changed: Added "failed to import" reporting to import summary dialog. (also in Log file)
8. Fixed: When using MC in fullscreen vode on one monitor with standard view on another monitor, the mouse cursor would not always be visible in standard view.
9. NEW: Many HDTV playback enhancements -- YUV mixing, VMR9, choosing audio renderer, etc.
10. Fixed: With split views enabled and 'Start' as one of the visible pages, the search bar wouldn't work as expected.
11. Fixed: Statusbar, file properties window, and other pieces would not always update properly when switching the active view in Split View mode.
12. Fixed: Switching the active split view could cause extra updating in some cases, making the view lose its position.
13. Changed: Action Window playlist style pages no longer honor the global search.
14. Fixed: Typing in the search control while viewing a playlist style Action Window page could cause the search box to not function properly.
15. Fixed: Alt+[key] menu shortcuts were not working properly.
16. Fixed: My Computer right-click "Import..." was not working properly.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.0.148 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 05:30:45 pm »

Hi Matt. Have the Theatre View Playing Now issues been resolved yet? I'm referring to the following:-

1.  After "Selecting" multiple files and then saying "Add Selections" nothing is added to Playing now.

2.  Selecting "Play" on a song within an album adds the whole album.  "Add to playing now (end)" is checked in the options and works fine in standard view.

3.  There is no "Selection" mode in playing now. (For deleting, moving etc)

The last point is the most annoying.

Thanks in advance...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 05:35:52 pm »

hi guys and thanks for a wonderful product....i have had problems burning Audio CD's since version 11..

i receive "invalid address for write" when the burning session comes to track nr 3 and 10 %...

* no problem burning CD's with version 10
* no problem burning CD's with other burning software...

my CD burning info as follow

Burning /  Drive H: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3500AG   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

thanks for the attention
MT5FR

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 12:31:04 am »

Apparently tabbing, scrolling, and confirming with the enter button in the Action Pane is not working for me at all.

-EDIT-
It seems like keyboard shortcuts and buttons arent working all over the place. Only pattern I can find is that typing and using the arrows work, but other simple things like enter and tab and delete have no effect. But even then, its sporadic.

Over all speed has improved greatly. However, doing anything in the Tag Info Pane has become painfully slow.

Media Center Registered 11.0.148 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1684 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 188 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: HL-DT-STDVD+RW GCA-4040N  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive F: HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 12:58:11 am »

1.   The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

2.   Bitrate field for all MPEG video files is shown as 165722112

3.   Using Drives & Devices, moving a file from under one of the My Network Places shortcuts to another can result in deletion of the file instead, i.e. it doesn’t appear in the new location it was to be moved to, but presumably MC thinks it has been copied and deletes it from the old location. This same problem does NOT occur when moving files in the Microsoft Windows Network part of the My Network Places tree under Drives & Devices.

4.   When moving photos to another location within “Drives and Devices” the photos are moved, but often the view of the folder the files were moved from is not updated properly (e.g. some of the moved files are still shown, but with an X through the thumbnail showing that the underlying file is no longer present). This occurs when moving files between network shares (where I keep my photos). I have not done detailed testing to determine whether this problem crops up in other contexts.

5.   Executing MJEXTMAN.EXE unminimizes Media Center.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 02:37:11 am »

Same as build 146.

My Ipod was recognized as a new device OK but the existing tracks/playlists weren't as MC11 thinks that synching will result in -32.1GB of use (far too much obviously) and wants me to delete all the existing tracks before it will synch.

If I try just to synch 1 playlist within the limits that MC11 thinks the Ipod has I get a small error symbol with a red "X" in it and an "OK" button.

John

pascalm

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 05:23:34 am »

Hi,
when importing files new message appears saying Library contains 17377 Files.
When view in all media mode library only contains 16044 files.
I have deleted all files from the library and imported 60 files. And got the message, 60 imported > Library now contains 17377 files.

I've tried importing 60 files in a blank library and the message said, library now contains 79 files.
I don't understand a thing there !
Regards

cmonache

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 09:03:20 am »

Hello,

I am working with 11.0.148. I noticed that you have the new function to
retrieve album art from the internet. I have about 17,000 wav files on my machine. I am using the File Properities from the File Name to get the Album, Artist name information.

When I run import media it appears to be find the album art but it never seems to be displaying this art anywhere after it has been imported. How do you use this feature?

THanks,

Chris

IanG

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 09:05:11 am »

I reported this at 11.0.140:-

I tried demonstrating this build on a friend's IBM Thinkpad - the synchronize handheld window was like a letterbox and the only way to navigate it was with a mouse wheel.  

It's still there - if the MC window is maximised it's OK, but anything less on a laptop causes problems.  The letterboxing happens with the selection list of playlists.

Ian G.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 09:15:11 am »

Apparently tabbing, scrolling, and confirming with the enter button in the Action Pane is not working for me at all.

-EDIT-
It seems like keyboard shortcuts and buttons arent working all over the place. Only pattern I can find is that typing and using the arrows work, but other simple things like enter and tab and delete have no effect. But even then, its sporadic.

Over all speed has improved greatly. However, doing anything in the Tag Info Pane has become painfully slow.

Intel Unknown 1684 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 188 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: HL-DT-STDVD+RW GCA-4040N  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive F: HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

We can't reproduce.  Maybe remove any "Custom Art" / "Custom Resources" folders from under [MC]\Data, and try a reinstall.

Any more details or anyone else seeing this?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pascalm

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 09:42:00 am »

Tab, Enter, Del are working fine, but arrows return nothing

AMD Athlon 2067 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 916 MB, Free - 568 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive F: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R1002  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: TOSHIBA  DVD-ROM SD-R1002   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

UnknownID

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 09:49:35 am »

1. It seems that under Options when I change the encoding rate for CD Ripping it changes the File Conversion Option to be the same. I would think that they should be able to be different. I am using MP3 256 CBR for Encoding and MP3 128 for File Conversions.

2. Just a thought: It would be nice to have the selected track in a playslist display the corresponding cover art in the above view of the album. Right now I think it is a random loop that only changes when you mouseOver the artwork.

3. For me, the download manager crashes whenever I either complete a download or stop it in the middle. I get the error: Instruction 0x0041dbda referenced memory at 0x00000004. The memory could not be "read". Same instruction number every time.

4. I have 2 tracks in Playing Now. The first one is an mp3 the second is an pls stream that renames the file with respect to whatever music is being broadcast. After the mp3 finished playing and mc moves on to the next track, the prevous mp3 gets renamed as well as the pls file.

5. "Always on top" has stopped functioning for me in Mini mode. I noticed it in build 146.

You guys are doing a great job. MC 11 is the best in the series. Thanks for all your hard work!
;D ;D ;D

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 01:18:41 pm »

In "Mega-Me" with MC at a partial screen view, MC does not give up ficus when clicking on a window partially covered by MC (neither clicking on the window or the taskbar works)
. . . the game is rigged

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 02:48:08 pm »

1. It seems that under Options when I change the encoding rate for CD Ripping it changes the File Conversion Option to be the same. I would think that they should be able to be different. I am using MP3 256 CBR for Encoding and MP3 128 for File Conversions.

There are also some other odditities in encoding options. MC accepts (keeps selected) only custom quality for Ogg Vorbis and MPEGplus (By the way, should this be renamed to Musepack? Musepack seems to be the currently used name.)

Also the Library Server conversion options are still messed up. Actually, the conversion option seems to be totally broken.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 05:04:24 pm »

"Confirm Folder Delete" message box came up UNDER MC and all other windows which were open, leaving it to appear that MC was failing to respond to teh delete folder command.
. . . the game is rigged

Fixer

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 05:27:28 pm »

Hi, have you been able to reproduce the cd burning problem when Replay Gain is turned on and it burns at +100db?

If not, is there anything I can do to provide more information?

breadfan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 05:31:43 pm »

when adding tracks from napster into the playing now section it takes several minutes to actually add any track. while the add track dialogue disappears almost instantly, the track does not appear for a long time. this is the first version this has happened in as it used to import them very quickly (like 2 seconds)

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 09:56:18 pm »

Matt:

I wasnt able to fix the keyboard problem by any other means other than rolling back to .146.

Sorry I'm not much help there. I never seem to have the common issues. Things either work for me, or I have really weird problems when it comes to computers. The local IT guy back home would always have a field day fixing my computer because it was always something he had never seen before.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 10:21:45 pm »

I have tried to Import mp3s in a folder through right clicking on the folder, choosing Media Center->import and my computer crashes!  I get blue screen STOP window and must power off.  It happened two times in a row.  I don't want to try again.  I don't like this blue screen.....

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2004, 06:29:10 am »

BUG: When ripping and encoding a CD, the Actrion Window continues to display "Encoding 1 track" on the last track even after that encoding has finished, ie. probbaly just missing an update on the text string once the last track is finished.

No major thing but I did notice this behaviour on version 128 from which I updated the other day

B

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2004, 07:59:53 am »

I am seeing the ripping status getting stuck at all points, ripping, normalizing and encoding.
I have 2 devices. I am set for max 2 concurrent ripping processes, max 2 encoding processes and max 4 combined processes.
Things keep going until I hit one of the max processes numbers.
I have tried playing with the numbers but at this point the only thing I see is the more processes I allow the greater the chance that things get stuck.

System is as follows

AMD Athlon 1533 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 482 MB

Ripping /   Drive E: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-115   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-106D  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-106D   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes

LonWar

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2004, 08:30:30 am »

Not sure if I missed anything....

If I have split panes, and the option for Remember Last Mode and Start Up location and all that jazz, it only remembers it for 1 Pane...

Is there anyway to have all the panes remeber a startup location?

Thanks,
-

michel

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2004, 09:28:17 am »

using 'send to external program'

[FILENAME] parameter is expanded to the path\filename of the selected track

but [ALBUM] parameter is not expanded, it returns "[ALBUM]"

michel

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2004, 10:02:52 am »

send to external command

It opens as many threads as tracks selected so it is impossible to use it with a large number of selected files. It would be better to call the external program iteratively.

I try to use it to check all my ogg files with a little script which call ogginfo.exe. But I would prefer to do a mass check, not only a few albums each time.

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2004, 07:14:30 am »

Problem with Synching to Handheld

In this latest version there seems to be a problem with the synchronization to the handheld.
In my case I have the Creative Jukebox 3 with 60GB. MC tells me that synching my playlists would exceed the space. The problem seems that is adds all the songs to the existing songs. I had to delete all my songs since it tries to reload everthing. I also set the setting to delete all songs that are not in a playlist and obviously it's not deleting those songs on its own ... something is wrong.

this is new this week and was still good two weeks ago.
I'm using the actual JB3 plugin 9.0.54. MC Center version 11.0.148.

Thanks
Dom
Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2004, 10:21:30 am »

Once again, MC is not playing nicely with the windows Taskbar when it is set to Auto-Hide and MC is in Full Screen
. . . the game is rigged

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2004, 11:23:12 am »

Media Center usually locks up after I import new files.  I need to close via Windows Task Manager.  When I reopen Media Center the files are there--all looks fine.

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2004, 02:05:46 pm »

After selecting the MP3 encoder in Options it is not found so it auto-installs; but, then pressing the Configure button brings up an options panel that seems to be VBR options only?  Or maybe I'm not understanding the options that are there.  I was thinking I should see the option for Very High quality like before in MC10 where I could select 320 then just pulldown the options and select Very High .

The Illest Villain

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2004, 02:28:48 pm »

Hi,

I am having a few problems with my ipod and MC 11.0.148. Every time i try to delete something from my ipod, MC crashes. However, i am able to add files to my ipod.

AMD Unknown 2000 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB

ModVer: 11.0.148.0    Offset: 0027ccdc
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GSA-4040B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive F: MATSHITA UJDD420            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive G: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2004, 03:12:41 pm »

MC is not showing any videos in my Media Library View, yet the appear in Library Browser.
. . . the game is rigged

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2004, 09:25:52 am »

send to external command

It opens as many threads as tracks selected so it is impossible to use it with a large number of selected files. It would be better to call the external program iteratively.

While I agree that with large numbers of files this would be preferred, for small numbers of large files couldn't you end up waiting a signifcant amount of time (eg. sending 10 large TIFFs to Photoshop)?  Possibly the program logic could use the threads for fewer files, iteratively for large numbers?  It seems like a lot, but you already have the threads logic written ....
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2004, 09:46:48 am »

MC is not showing any videos in my Media Library View, yet the appear in Library Browser.

Tis okay here.  Check your media mode (I imagine you know that, but its worth checking).  I definately have videos showing both places.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2004, 11:09:53 am »

My disc writer has limited write speeds in MC11. I only get 4x CD burning as the highest option setting. It has 4X DVD burning but should do 16X CD.

Media Center Registered 11.0.148 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2970 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 607 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1514 (xpsp2.040109-1800) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-120S  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-1300A    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2004, 01:25:44 pm »

Couple of problems with .148:

1.  Some songs played horribly. I mean, they had lots of stops & starts (was MC tagging in the background? maybe, but it shouldn't cause this, should it?), then it was just messed up -- scratchy in a digital sort of way. Scared me, thinking the file was corrupt. But then I closed MC, switched to iTunes and it played perfectly. Seems like some sort of memory/resource issue.

2.  Tried to Sync my new Creative Muvo N200 (512mb). MC got about 1/3 of the way through (converting & uploading), slow as death. Next thing I notice, MC's gone. So, I fire it up again and now it won't sync (even though I have "delete files not selected" checked) because it says there's not enough room. I make adjustments in my Smartlist, but the size in the sync box doesn't change (even close sync and reopen it, but still says the same number -- I reduced the smartlist by 100mb!). Switch to drag and drop, this works -- tells me I have more than the MuVo will hold, but it goes ahead anyway.

Somethings not quite ready for primetime.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2004, 01:56:22 pm »

In disc writer function, selecting "append list order to filename" does nothing first time. Untick then re-tick this box and all that is appended to each filename is the number "1".

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2004, 02:10:44 pm »

Couple of problems with .148:

1.  Some songs played horribly. I mean, they had lots of stops & starts (was MC tagging in the background? maybe, but it shouldn't cause this, should it?), then it was just messed up -- scratchy in a digital sort of way. Scared me, thinking the file was corrupt. But then I closed MC, switched to iTunes and it played perfectly. Seems like some sort of memory/resource issue.
Did you try a re-boot?  If that doesn't work, please start a new thread.

Lui2

• Recent member
  • Typical MC User
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2004, 04:07:02 pm »

Hello,

thanks for your excellent product, I like it and I can spend hours with organizing my media files... :-)

Problems with displaying tumbnails for cover arts:

I switched recently to MC 11.  In the List Style:Tumbnails, some of the cover arts will not be shown as tumbnails. Which ones are not shown seems random. Sometimes after toggeling between Details and Tumbnails style, some of the missing tumbnail pictures appear. But some never. A second related problem is, that for some of the tracks the tumbnails show the wrong cover art, a picture from another file in the selection. The file includes the correct art inside the tag and also only one picture.

The File Properties/Image window on the left, will always show the correct picture if I select a track . All the cover art pictures are stored inside the tags of the files. It doesn't matter if the files are oggs or mp3s.

Media Center Registered 11.0.148 -- D:\Programme\J River\Media Center 11\

AMD Athlon 1311 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 246 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive H: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4320B  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive H: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4320B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes

Fixer

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2004, 07:54:34 pm »

Media Center usually locks up after I import new files.  I need to close via Windows Task Manager.  When I reopen Media Center the files are there--all looks fine.

I've seen this too.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2004, 08:39:46 am »

Tumbnails, some of the cover arts will not be shown as tumbnails. Which ones are not shown seems random. Sometimes after toggeling between Details and Tumbnails style, some of the missing tumbnail pictures appear. But some never. A second related problem is, that for some of the tracks the tumbnails show the wrong cover art, a picture from another file in the selection. The file includes the correct art inside the tag and also only one picture.

I have seen this also.
Some of the "missing" thumbnails appear only as a black box (no image/no MC icon).
. . . the game is rigged

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2004, 11:23:42 am »

I have seen this also.
Some of the "missing" thumbnails appear only as a black box (no image/no MC icon).

I also have the same problem since the  11.0.133 version of MC.
11.0.129 worked very well with thumbnails.
I've already mentionned the bug.

When I import files, they already have covert art inside tags, but inside MC, not all the files have the right cover.

I think the process has a problem with threads. In 11.0.129, the thumbnails were created sequencially, but since 11.0.133, they are created in a random order (?). I hope the bug will be fix soon, because I re-installed 11.0.129, as I am importing a lot of files these days.

...another thing... MC is THE BEST!!

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2004, 12:48:55 pm »

Quixote

• World Citizen
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2004, 01:29:46 pm »

Add me to the import lockup list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up