INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.149 Alpha Available  (Read 10584 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.149 Alpha Available
« on: December 14, 2004, 05:07:05 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110149.exe [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.149 (12/14/04)

1. Fixed: In some cases, dropping files on a playlist wouldn't refresh the playlist properly so that the new files were visible.
2. Changed: Removed "Show Order" / "Remove Order" option from playlists -- all playlists are ordered now.
3. Fixed: Library Options did not save all correctly after fresh install.
4. Changed: When attempting tagging read-only files, MC will show an error dialog immediately, instead of after 10-minutes or on shutdown.
5. Changed: MC 11 supports all MC 10 skins, even for Library Browser view. (uses defaults for some new items from "[MC]\Data\Default Skin Items" folder)
6. Changed: MC supports "Tree > ExpandedButton" skin item for replacing the stock plus / minus boxes in the tree.
7. Changed: Tree > My Computer > Right-click > Import shows standard import dialog, with current directory shown in the folder list.
8. Fixed: Command-line /Import and /SilentImport could cause MC to crash if it wasn't running.
9. NEW: Command-line /Import and /SilentImport now accepts directories as well as filenames in the filename list. (pipe-delimited)
10. Changed: Importing from Explorer will now show an import summary and the files that were just imported.
11. Fixed: "Restore Library..." wouldn't default to the default library backup path.
12. Fixed: Thumbnail views could not fill in all thumbnails in some cases.
13. Fixed: Import's "Download Images" dialog could appear behind MC, making MC seem locked.

11.0.148 (12/09/04)

1. Fixed: MC wouldn't draw thumbnails at a size larger than 256x256.
2. NEW: Added experimental system to use expressions as view scheme columns. (may not remain)

11.0.147 (12/09/04)

1. Fixed: Deleting queued files from a burn list could be overly slow in some cases.
2. Fixed: Green arrow type buttons in Options wouldn't always work.
3. Fixed: 'Optimize volume' startup option was not being honored.
4. Fixed: In some cases, the installer could change the skin with each load.

11.0.146 (12/08/04)

1. Fixed: Thumbnail views that contained files that MC couldn't thumbnail could cause a hang. (most common with videos)
2. Fixed: When MC showed a local webpage (on Start w/o Internet connection, etc.), it would do it in a separate window instead of inside the program.
3. Fixed: Certain Portable Devices stopped appearing in the tree. They should now be seen.
4. Fixed: WMDM progress appeared multiple times in task manager.
5. Fixed: Filenames that exceeded the shell's limit for filename length could cause crashes in MC.
6. Changed: MC no longer imports files with filenames that exceed the shell's limit. (since system functions won't always work on them)
7. Changed: Added "failed to import" reporting to import summary dialog. (also in Log file)
8. Fixed: When using MC in fullscreen vode on one monitor with standard view on another monitor, the mouse cursor would not always be visible in standard view.
9. NEW: Many HDTV playback enhancements -- YUV mixing, VMR9, choosing audio renderer, etc.
10. Fixed: With split views enabled and 'Start' as one of the visible pages, the search bar wouldn't work as expected.
11. Fixed: Statusbar, file properties window, and other pieces would not always update properly when switching the active view in Split View mode.
12. Fixed: Switching the active split view could cause extra updating in some cases, making the view lose its position.
13. Changed: Action Window playlist style pages no longer honor the global search.
14. Fixed: Typing in the search control while viewing a playlist style Action Window page could cause the search box to not function properly.
15. Fixed: Alt+[key] menu shortcuts were not working properly.
16. Fixed: My Computer right-click "Import..." was not working properly.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
Re: Media Center 11.0.149 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 07:18:48 pm »

12. Fixed: Thumbnail views could not fill in all thumbnails in some cases.

The problem with thumbnails is still here:

as you can see, the mouse rollover show the right cover... and some thumbnails are "shuffled"...

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 07:26:19 pm »

11.0.149 (12/14/04)

13. Fixed: Import's "Download Images" dialog could appear behind MC, making MC seem locked.

If this is similar to what is going on with my problem importing new mp3 files, it is still there.  I've let Media Center import via TOOLS->import media, choosing only the folder which I have mp3s stored and after scan I couldn't do anything with Media Center.  I waited 30 minutes with Media Center running in the background, still the same result.  Media Center is "locked up".

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 08:33:04 pm »

If you have aplit views on, When you restart, it only remebers the last state for 1 pane,

I would like to be able to have Pane 1 start in Playing Now and the other pane to start in Library. As it stands, the second pane starts on Start.
-

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 09:33:41 pm »

Audio Analysis is super slow.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 10:55:40 pm »

The problem with thumbnails is still here:

as you can see, the mouse rollover show the right cover... and some thumbnails are "shuffled"...

Close MC then delete the "Thumbnails" folder from your MC library folder.  You'll need to use Explorer.  Then restart MC.

Let us know if the problem returns.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rickeyjt

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 11:08:40 pm »

Playlist trnsfers to handheld iRiver H140 still not working.  The files transfer fine but the .m3u does nolt get created on the device.  I can export the playlist to a .m3u file but the H140 does not like the drive letter and colon at the beginning of each line.  Z: is my music drive.  Editing the .m3u file and removing Z: allows the H140 to use it.

In the options I have the volume label for the H140 set correctly.  I have tried entering ROOT, \ or \\ for location of the .m3u files but nothing still shows up when transferring.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 11:12:32 pm »

this was there in .148, but I didn't really understand what was happening. still there in .149

If I am looking at the Media Library and I have two albums by the same artist/group which start with the same name (for instance "Aria" and "Aria 2"), then when I click on the album name for the 2nd album listed, then BOTH the first and second album are shown in the song list.

breadfan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 11:48:32 pm »

thanks for the file drag to playing now fix :)

Lui2

• Recent member
  • Typical MC User
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 12:56:30 am »

Ok, here are some little problems I noticed in 148 but does still exit in 149:

1) Not Updating the "Playing Now Folder View
When I change the shown columns for the "Playing Now" folder, the changes will not be reflected until I select another folder to show in the current view and return back to the "Playing Now" folder.

2) Customizing the "Tumbnail Spacing" does not work properly. Changes to the first value field will be ignored, and changes to the second value field will be set to the first after recalling the customizing current view dialog.

3) Right mouse button menu
When I click on a track in the current view with the right mouse button, the rmb-menu for this item will open. But when the image window on the left is also open, the rmb menu will directly close again depending on how long I hold the mouse button before I release him again. The unexpected closing of the menu happens, when I release the rmb before the image window will be refreshed.

4) Tumbnail problems
I deleted all tumbnails before installing 149.
- The problem that not all tumbnails will be shown for the first time is still there. Mostly after switching to detail view and back to tumbnail view, the picture is shown, but sometimes the picture is also not showing after switching the views.
- The Problem that the wrong picture will be shown resists also. As an example in a selection of 196 tracks where 194 tracks have a picture saved in the tags, 4 of them show the wrong picture in the tumnail view. The wrong picture is always a picture of another track that is also included in the current selection. And switching the views does never change anyting in this cases.

Also two little suggestions that I would like and you have surely thought about:
a) It would be very nice to have the possibily to change the tumbnail options for a view seperatly for the list styles "Tumbnails" and "Album Tumbnails". Normaly I don't want to show exacly the same fields and also would like to recognize the current selected view style by the different selected size of the tumbnails for albums and single tracks.
b) Add the "List Style: Tiles"  to the available Toolbar buttons and give him a shortcut.

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 01:50:58 am »

Close MC then delete the "Thumbnails" folder from your MC library folder.  You'll need to use Explorer.  Then restart MC.

I deleted the "Thumbnails" folder, (in fact, I moved it in another place than the MC library folder, to keep a backup).

When I start MC, a message say load failed, but I can see that thumbnails are created in background, with the same problem.

When I close the message window, another one say Failed to load file associations file, and MC shut down.

Did I made something wrong?
Perhaps should I uninstall 149, delete the folder, and re-install?
I will try later...

LonWar

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 07:27:05 am »

I didn't get a load error, But when I play a track I get the Black box in Track Info Templates....

-

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 12:27:55 pm »

If jpg files are deleted keeping the folder structure, there isn't any "load failed message", but the problem is still here: there are missing covers, and swaped ones.

Same thing with "Tools/Options.../Tree & View/Thumbnails/Buils missing thumnails..."

As 11.0.129 works very well, I use this version to import files...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 05:02:36 pm »

Lui2

• Recent member
  • Typical MC User
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004, 05:03:54 pm »

Here are some more problems in 11.0.149

1) Editing the "Places" field in the detail view doesn't work correct
Since .149 the "Places" field and all my selfdefined fields with "Datatype: List" can't be edited directly in the detail view. Instead of the drop down selection appears a window where the possible values can be tagged, but the tagged values will not be set to the field. For the self defined fields appears the title "Places" instead of their own name.
But changing the fields in the "tag info window" works as normal (In .148 does this problem not exist).

2) Locate commands do not work
Locate Artist/Album/Genre/Rating/Advanced... does no more work. Calling them from the recent command entry in the menu instead will work. Only the "Locate on disk (external)" will work from normal menu entry, but by crazy logic this will not work when calling from recent menu command entry (In .148 does this problem not exist).

3) Statistic Window mode not changed
When the statistic window is already opened but minimized, and I select via "Action Window/File properties/statistics" another statistic mode than the one that was last used, the statistic window reopens with the previous statistic mode and does not change to the one I choosed (already in .148)

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
DSP Effects Not Applied When Burning Audio CD
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 08:40:58 pm »

If I choose to apply DSP effects during the burn of an audio CD, the CD burned does not have the effects applied.

I choose Burn CD
Choose Options
Choose Burn Settings
Choose 'Apply cross-fade and DSP effects to the CD"
Click Settings
Click DSP Studio...
Select DirectX Host
Added and activated Isotope Ozone 3

One of the things you can do with Ozone is a loudness maximizer. It makes sure that all songs have the same level. This works perfectly during normal playback, but the audio CDs are all varying levels when burned.

Crossfade does get applied though.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
Automatically Import Setting Not Honored
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2004, 09:28:15 pm »

I have the automatic import option unchecked.
If I drag and drop to any playlist (Playing Now works as expected) the files are imported into the library.

zagor

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2004, 02:08:37 am »

with the last 3 or 4 builds MC made an annoying error report when I want to use the CD player, the report says that ' Error ! Drive D: is not recognized as a burner in your system.'
Yes it is true it is just a plain CD player. But does it matter if I use it just ripping?
Here is my system info :
Media Center Registered 11.0.149 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2656 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 252 MB, Free - 37 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1584 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3900.6975 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STCD-ROM GCR-8482B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

dcwebman

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2004, 09:10:22 am »

Always on Top in mini-view is still not working.
Jeff

jbholtz

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2004, 09:52:00 am »

When ripping or accessing CD I am getting the 'Error ! Drive D: is not recognized as a burner in your system' message.  Same as "zagor". 
System Info:

Media Center 11.0.149 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 699 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 136 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1552 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1556 (xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: LITEON  CD-ROM LTN526D    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2004, 10:19:52 am »

I Noticed When I Add The Image Field To A Current View When In Playing Now, It Does Not Showup Until I Exit Playing Now And Re-Enter.

There May Be Other Fields.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

outofspace7

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Im using Opera 10 browser! www.opera.com
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2004, 12:13:11 pm »

I got crash while importing mp3

For error details please download txt crash report:http://www.snegdansk.pl/error.txt

outofspace

The Illest Villain

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2004, 04:16:58 pm »

When deleting songs from Ipod, MC 11.0.149 crashes.

I have the latest driver for ipod and i tried reinitializing the ipod.

-the illest villain

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2004, 04:40:04 pm »

Any thoughts on when I'm going to be able to synch my Ipod with MC 11 again?

John.

Lui2

• Recent member
  • Typical MC User
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2004, 05:38:37 pm »

Import into Library
Inserting a DVD in the drive, selecting the drive and choose "Import into Library" for the video track doesn't work anymore. The Window with the message how many files were imported does no more appear, and the DVD will not be added to the library. (in .148 this was working).

Music CD tracks will be added, but the window with the import message is also missing for them.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2004, 04:33:00 am »

When editing a multivalue field in the tree it gives now a nice dropdown box with checkboxes, very nice, but:

- Checking something and then pressing enter, doesn't fill in the field, only manual typing works

- When the multivalue field is the last column, the dropdown box is not completely visible so scrolling down is not possible

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2004, 09:14:56 am »

Since my upgrade to 149 the library server does not seem to work.
The client connects downloads the library information successfully but then refuses to play any music.
If I select a track it loads (I see cover art and track information at the top) but it doesn't start to play.
I am seeing no errors on the server. I was using an old client and upgraded it to 149 as well but it still does not work.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2004, 09:23:38 am »

When viewing video or TV in windowed mode, "Auto-Hide  Bars" only works while mouse is hovering over the window (and left motionless) . .  when the mouse is Not hovering, Bars do NOT hide at all.

For me "Auto-Hide Bars" is not even working when playing audio files
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

jbholtz

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2004, 10:16:07 am »

Thought I'd put this information here:
   Prior I reported that I was receiving 'Error ! Drive D: is not recognized as a burner in your system'.  I found out that if I plug in my Iomega CD-RW then the message does not appear, even when I click on the Drive that does NOT support Burning.  Innnn..teresting

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2004, 12:34:05 pm »

* Move / Copy Disk File... not working from right click remembered command

The move/copy disk file... command only works from the Library Tools right click menu, not from the remembered commands menu.

* Update Order not working in Recently Imported Playlist

Track sequence is not being remembered when tracks are moved to Recently Imported, nor does the Update Order command work when track sequence is corrected.

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2004, 04:02:54 pm »

Similar problem.  Probably the same bug.

The second and subsequent times you select Library Tools > Convert Format does not work, if selecting from the remembered commands  menu obtained by right-clicking the detail window.  Re-selecting Library Tools > Convert Format by navigating the menu, does work.

Chris

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2004, 09:53:24 pm »

Is Analyze Audio working??  I checked a few tracks for BPM and most sound like they can't be right.  They aren't right. 

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2004, 08:18:47 am »

What happened to taggin mode?

When I try to edit a field with F2 I no longer get any combo boxes to select the existing values. I have to enter the full text by hand now.

When did that change and why? Or is it simply a bug?

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2004, 12:17:52 pm »

Importing Files to Library

Whenever the process reaches <<< Searching for Files and Updating Library >>> it can't be canceled except by killing MC.

This could get very nasty, if you talking about many files

Udo
Udo

SteveG

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2004, 01:35:05 pm »

rickeyjt,

I just did the following test with 11.0.149 and a player other than H140 and it worked. Please do this test and let me know the results.

1) Create a small playlist in MC.
2) Synchronize this one playlist with the device.

At the end of this test, the m3u was created on the device with correct paths that did not include drive letters. 

In the options I have the volume label for the H140 set correctly.

Do not set anything in 'Options'. For iRiver H140 you do  not need to unless I have been misinformed about how the iRiver makes itself available to MC. Please confirm the exact item that appears in the tree for the H140. It should be 'IHP140'.

SteveG

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2004, 01:37:49 pm »

Illest Villain,

Try reinitializing iPod from the right-click menu and then be sure not to let iTunes access your iPod.

John,

What problems are currently present for you?

Fixer

Re: DSP Effects Not Applied When Burning Audio CD
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2004, 01:45:19 pm »

If I choose to apply DSP effects during the burn of an audio CD, the CD burned does not have the effects applied.

I choose Burn CD
Choose Options
Choose Burn Settings
Choose 'Apply cross-fade and DSP effects to the CD"
Click Settings
Click DSP Studio...
Select DirectX Host
Added and activated Isotope Ozone 3

One of the things you can do with Ozone is a loudness maximizer. It makes sure that all songs have the same level. This works perfectly during normal playback, but the audio CDs are all varying levels when burned.

Crossfade does get applied though.

Try Replay Gain, when I do this , I get either a blank cd or one with the levels so  high it's unlistenable.  And it shows the gain at +100db, and even +100db.

Fixer

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2004, 01:47:38 pm »

It's very consistent, deleting files from the library results in MC core dumps.

When I delete files, it dumps after telling me it has to shutdown.  When I restart, the files I deleted still show, but it's that red file icon, saying there is something wrong.  If I try to remove them again, same thing.  MC shuts down.

The only way to get rid of them is ot "import" and it removes bad links.

Stupid User

• Recent member
  • Woodchuck hater
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2004, 01:58:42 pm »

I rebuilt my toolbars (top and bottom) from scratch with 11.0.149.  I set it to "Show text labels".

Now, MC randomly decides, at each startup, whether to set it back to "No text labels".  This can happen with one or both toolbars.  (That is, sometimes one or both toolbars are set to "No text labels".)  Not each time MC starts up, but very often.
Signature removed by moderator.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2004, 11:45:52 pm »

The fields listed in Find and Replace don't reflect changes to field names.  E.g., My "Name" field is called "Title" but it still says "Name" in Find and Replace.

After you click on a triangle on a splitter, it moves to the far left or top.  Then you can't grab it anymore, although the cursor changes to the double arrow when you hover over the splitter.  You have to click the triangle to get it back.  The splitter should still be grabbable.

After Customizing Current View in Playing Now, the visible columns are not updated.  You have to switch to a different view and then back to see the changes. (e.g., make a new column visible)

It was mentioned before, but I'll repeat it because it's still there...  When entering or editing text, CTRL+Right or Left arrow does not jump to the next word.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2004, 06:49:17 am »

Steve,

Ever since the build (146 I think it was) that re-recognised all the plug ins and portable devices,I haven't been able to synch at all.

In that build my Ipod was recognized as a new device OK but the existing tracks/playlists weren't as MC11 thinks that synching will result in -32.1GB of use (far too much obviously) and wants me to delete all the existing tracks before it will synch ie MC hasn't recognised the existing tracks and seems to want to duplicate them on the Ipod.

If I try just to synch 1 playlist within the limits that MC11 thinks the Ipod has I get a small error symbol with a red "X" in it and an "OK" button.

Hope this makes sense! Good luck! TIA. John.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2004, 08:30:47 am »

I know someone else reported this bug, but I can't remember where. I'm using .149.

Recorded some radio stuff off the Internet (using Replay Radio). Done this many, many times before.

Later, in MC 11, I imported these files and attached images, cleaned up the tags and renamed files to match properties.

Now, a day later, I go into MC and those files "can't be found". I go look in the directory and see that many of the files have been renamed with weird old DOS 8.3 names with ~.

I have 50 other files name just the same as these (different dates in the name is the only difference). What is happening now? this never happened before.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2004, 09:08:55 am »

I know someone else reported this bug, but I can't remember where. I'm using .149.

Recorded some radio stuff off the Internet (using Replay Radio). Done this many, many times before.

Later, in MC 11, I imported these files and attached images, cleaned up the tags and renamed files to match properties.

Now, a day later, I go into MC and those files "can't be found". I go look in the directory and see that many of the files have been renamed with weird old DOS 8.3 names with ~.

I have 50 other files name just the same as these (different dates in the name is the only difference). What is happening now? this never happened before.

What OS are you running? Win98, ME, 2K, XP? And if XP, are you using NTFS?

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2004, 01:01:16 pm »

MC crashes during delete

MC keeps crashing during deletion of files. It was working fine 'til I told it to delete a file not on disk. From now on, it keeps crashing when I try to delete those files from library.

I flagged several files for delete. All files where deleted from disk but still in the library.

Udo
Udo

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2004, 01:11:02 pm »

Additional Buttons

during move / copy it would be very helpfull to have tow additional buttons in the "Confirm to Replace" window: 1st: "Yes to all", 2nd: "No to all".

This would actually replace the socketwrench on the "n" or "y" key during operations with large numbers of files.

Udo
Udo

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2004, 04:48:46 pm »

I'm using winXP and the files system is NTFS. But that's always been true and I've never had this problem with MC 11 before now.

Hildy

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2004, 09:46:57 pm »

In that build my Ipod was recognized as a new device OK but the existing tracks/playlists weren't as MC11 thinks that synching will result in -32.1GB of use (far too much obviously) and wants me to delete all the existing tracks before it will synch ie MC hasn't recognised the existing tracks and seems to want to duplicate them on the Ipod.

I think I'm seeing this same problem which could mean that it is repeatable...

I'm using 11.0.148, which I'll now change, but I've been using MC with my iPod and since I changed to MC11 I can't sync properly.  My 30GB iPod is almost full with 5741 songs on 27.6GB.  When I initialize the machine I can transfer all of my files, but when I listen for a couple of days, and rate some songs then try to sync MC says that I don't have enough room on my iPod, (I think it lists -27GB or so).  This is without changing/adding/or removing files from my computer.

I'll try 149, and maybe back off some of the songs so I'm not as close to the limit, but if this is a problem that you've heard of, or if you have an idea for a work around please let me know.

Thanks, MC is sweet.

LouVanCrinkle

• Recent member
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2004, 02:20:31 am »

Since my upgrade to 149 the library server does not seem to work.
The client connects downloads the library information successfully but then refuses to play any music.
If I select a track it loads (I see cover art and track information at the top) but it doesn't start to play.
I am seeing no errors on the server. I was using an old client and upgraded it to 149 as well but it still does not work.
Since my upgrade to 149 I can't properly connect to the server.  I get:
Quote from: MC 11.0.149 alpha
Failed to install package.
More info Failed to unzip file c:\doc&set\myuser\local settings\temp\temp96.tmp
URL http://myserver:80/GetLibrary

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2004, 08:03:24 am »

Hi,

When I initialized a blank InCD (Nero Ahead) DVD disc, and when MC reads the blank InCD disc, it crashes.  This is repeatable.  When I remove the blank InCD disc, the problem disappear.

MC crashes when it tries to read the InCD blank disc.  Not sure if this problems also occurs to all InCD format discs?  When I tried to write a small file and then starts MC.  The problem reoccurs.

JNKH

pank2002

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2004, 08:53:27 am »

Another iPod Bug:
I can't seem to get anything in the iPod's database. I.e. when I sync the iPod with MC, songs will be added to the player's harddrive, however they won't show up on the iPod itself. In MC it says unsupported file-format or something similar when I look at the content of the iPod.

I've tried initializing the iPod as well as reformatting it with the iPod software but I still won't work.

Hope you fix it soon.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up