INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding content to an existing library  (Read 949 times)

outsider

• Recent member
Adding content to an existing library
« on: May 04, 2005, 09:09:18 pm »

This might sound pretty straight forward, but haven't been able to figure it out.
I currently have a library of about 3.5k songs which are stored in a "Media" folder.
I routinely add more and more music to my 'media' folder, and would like MC 10 to update it's library with the content of my disk contents.
I know I can File>Library>Import Media, but that becomes time consuming, when there's a dozen new albums scattered through multiple sub-folders. ( I have everything organized by artist, then album in the disk archive)
Update library doesn't seem to do this unfortunately.

Am I missing something? Is this a feature right under my nose?

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adding content to an existing library
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 02:43:19 am »

The Import Media function will automatically traverse all subdirectories of the directories you tell it to import from.  In fact, there's not even a way to turn this "feature" off, though I wish there were.  :-\

If your subdirectories are not being picked up, then it might be a bug, and you should report it in the bug thread.  (Of course, this is assuming you are selecting the correct file types to import and setting the options correctly.  ;))

outsider

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 06:43:04 am »

Well, what happens when I "Import Library" is that I get double all the songs. It ...
Ahhh.... the proverbial light bulb just went off, as I was typing the first sentence.
Initially I had used the network shared drive letter X: (which points directly to the media folder), but last night when I was plying with it, I was trying to access the media folder directly (D:/Media/music/Adrian's mp3s)
So of course MC was importing the same music twice. I was asking it to import it from a different location.

I will confirm this when I get home tonight, but I think I found my problem.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 07:08:27 am »

You're correct about why you were getting duplicates.

If you have MC's shell integration turned on, you can also import from Explorer by right clicking on a folder.

You could put everything new in one folder, import all, tag the files, then use the Library Tools option to rename files from properties.  Try a few before you do a lot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up