INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.261 Release Candidate  (Read 10139 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.261 Release Candidate
« on: May 07, 2005, 08:49:57 am »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110261.exe

11.0.261 (5/7/05)

1. Fixed: MC could crash at the end of a WMA track. (introduced in 260)
2. Fixed: The install wizard could fail to run on some machines.
3. Fixed: MC could fail to copy JROptionsHelper.dll when setup finalized after a reboot.
4. Changed: Debug logging changes will not fully take effect until MC is restarted.

11.0.260 (5/6/05)

1. Fixed: Z skin did not have a handle on horizontal sliders. (again -- please let us know if it disappears again)
2. Changed: MC will show the "can't play any files" error after 1000 silent failures for large playlists. (otherwise it can be too slow when a drive gets accidently disconnected, and you're trying to play a 25,000 song playlist)
3. NEW: Updated MC 11 about box.
4. Optimized: Initial loading time for the file database is much faster. (can cut several seconds off the MC load time when using a large library)
5. Optimized: Core code shared between all components starts much faster and uses less memory -- the cumulative speed and memory savings between all pieces is quite substantial.
6. Optimized: Library views are built faster.
7. Fixed: Pressing backspace while at the end of an in-place edit would not always work as expected.
8. Fixed: Library pane scroll position would not be properly restored when returning to a view with the back shortcut.
9. Optimized: MC uses less CPU resources when not currently visible.
10. Fixed: Action Window would show after the connection of a portable device that was set to be ignored.
11. Fixed: Duplicate files will not cause iPod playlists to be removed.
12. Changed: Removed "MC" text from options dialog.

11.0.258 (5/5/05)

1. Fixed: Removed debugging message box that could appear when dropping on Playing Now.
2. Changed: Retrieval of cover art off by default during import. (under Import > Advanced)
3. Changed: Help file size reduced making the final build almost 3 MB smaller.
4. Changed: Renamed Customize Current View "At This Location And Sub-Locations" to "At This Location And Similar Locations" to more accurately reflect how it works.
5. Fixed: Dropping files from Windows Explorer onto some tree locations would incorrectly import the files.
6. Changed: Updated the screen shot of of the Aruba skin to be more accurate.
7. NEW: Performing "Select All" in a pane no longer selects the "All" entry.
8. Changed: Thumbnail building no longer happens by default on import.
9. Changed: Added "Build missing thumbnails..." option back to Options > Tree & View.
10. Changed: Missing thumbnails will get built in background threads for files in a list that aren't currently visible. (capped so large libraries won't work forever)
11. Fixed: Wide and short images could cause the view header to layout the title and information too far right.
12. Fixed: When using outdated icon packages with MC, the options dialog could use incorrect item spacings. (the art will still be incorrect until it is updated for the latest MC)
13. Changed: Pressing F5 would cause the list scroll position to be lost in some views. (My Computer, etc.)
14. Optimized: Dropping large numbers of files on a handheld device is now much faster.
15. Changed: Duplicate and unsupported files are removed from the handheld transfer queue before checking if the transfer is over capacity.
16. Changed: Improved handheld messaging when there are unsupported files that need to be removed from the transfer.
16. Optimized: The "Analyzing files..." portion of handheld transfers can run at 100 to 1000 times the speed it was previously running.
17. Fixed: Handheld playlist would not be sent when doing a manual file transfer.
18. Changed: Files / playlists can only be dropped on the root of a handheld in the tree.
19. NEW: Reworked file association system to be completely version independent. (so MC 11 won't fight with MC 10 or MC 12)
20. NEW: Moved mjextman.exe to the install path to avoid conflicts with other MC versions installed
21. Changed: Portable device analyze error will show the total number of files failing transfer analysis.
22. Fixed: Crash when deleting files from some handhelds.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 11.0.261 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 08:54:13 am »

Just a disclaimer that we recently made the final changes necessary to make Media Center fully multi-install friendly. (so it can live side-by-side with MC 12, etc.)

This is necessary for release, but may cause a few speed bumps.  Thanks for bearing with us.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:34:37 am »

Working hard on the weekend Matt?  You must be close to release...   ;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 10:01:23 am »

When starting MC takes a little bit while to start (In this build and the previous one)
Tamer

Pink Waters

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 10:11:03 am »

Issues still available:

• Mni-e skin transparet when inactive is not working properly (sometimes you have to click on MC and then click anywhere elso to get transparent.
  • Topbar shadow appears when changing skins.
  • Media library selections reset when getting back to it by back button.
  • No video controls (brightness, contrast, etc..).
Tamer

matshif

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 12:09:52 pm »

3. Fixed: MC could fail to copy JROptionsHelper.dll when setup finalized after a reboot.

This problem still exists in this build. At least for me. :-\

"It asks to restart windows then after the restart it says it "failed to install a necessary file". The file is: RJOptionsHelper.dll"

Media Center Registered 11.0.261 -- C:\Program\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3189 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 691 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8162B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD+RW ND-1100A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 12:16:32 pm »

BUG:

Since .258, MC11 dialog boxes lose focus, ie. when I have large tag changes, I get a dialog asking me whether I am sure I want to do this etc.  At the time of the dialog popping up, MC11 loses focus and I get Internet exporer or Windows explorer window (if I have these open) appearing in front of MC11.

Hope I expressed myself reasonably clear...

::)

djp

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 01:07:49 pm »

This one's been around for a while:

While ripping multiple CDs, if one CD finishes before the other(s), and you replace the CD with a new one, the new one starts to rip (correct behavior) but the other CDs reset and start ripping from track 1 again (very annoying behavior).

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 02:11:12 pm »

When i Customize Current View the fields artist and album beeing switched,
or adding a new field, it adds an allready existing field at random places.

Is there a way to save smartlists, or exported.

when using MC's "Artist info" button, the info sent to AMG is such as:
The+Beach+Boys instead of The Beach Boys
which causes AMG not to find the correct artist . . . please change/replace the pluses with spaces
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Folbo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 03:56:59 pm »

1. First time I ran MC11 after the install, it exited  before drawing any windows, reporting a C++ runtime error. It did run the next time though.

2. When Renaming smartlists using the title on the main display (above notes and next to the album image) the change is not reflected in the tree view, even when you switch to another list. They change is only apparent when you return to the smartlist by clicking on the tree view.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 08:06:41 pm »

Bugs
  • Following install of this and last build, Windows hangs after restart, forcing a warm boot.
  • Using Shift+Delete in Recently Imported playlist, when the files include one that still has the Play icon (even though it's no longer playing) causes MC to crash.
  • When moving files from multiple folders to another folder, only one folder gets deleted.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 10:49:17 pm »

261 Continues to forget what I have selected to see in my second view when I close the program. There's two ways to fix this as I see it.

1. Basic Fix: Just add two new settings for the Start Up Interface for View 2 and View 3. I could then specify Media Library (Standard View, Remember Meda Mode) for View 1, and Playing Now for View 2.

2. More Elegant Fix: Add the same extra "per View" settings as above, but include a "Last Used Location" option in the Location field.

Cheers,
Jeff

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 11:04:40 pm »

The Playing Now window forgets it's scroll postion when I toggle to a different zone and toggle back.

It does a good job remembering it's position if I stay within the same zone and hop around between media library, drives & Devices, and Playing now. But when I hop between zones it resets itself to the top.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 11:15:16 pm »

Unlike the Playing Now window which at least remembers it's scroll postion when hopping around between windows in the same zone, a Playlist will forget its scroll postion at the slightest provocation... Just leave it to peek at something else, like Now Playing, and come back, and the Playlist will be reset to showing the top of the list.

In general I have a strong preference to see the tail of all lists in all situations that I can think of. That's where all the action is. An even better solution than pure postion memory would be a preference for list scrolling with three values: Always show top, Always show bottm, Remember last position.

I would choose "Always show bottom", because that's where the currently playing song is near in the Playing Now window, and it's where I'll be frantically rearranging songs I've selected based on current conditions on the dance floor.

Cheers,
Jeff

timothyc

• Recent member
Problems with 11.0.261, UPNP server, Roku Soundbridge
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2005, 12:24:34 am »

Here are some problems with 261's uPNP server, which have also existed in earlier builds. I have 2 Roku Soundbridges (with latest firmware) hardwire connected to the network.

1. Automatic recognition is spotty... sometimes it works, but sometimes a lot of error gibberish appears on the uPNP log.  Manually specifying the player does seem to work pretty consistently now, but there are a lot of NOTIFY messages.

2. Transcoding from anything to WAV results in the Roku stating that the file fomat isn't playable (a "x" appears by the song name on the Soundbridge display.) The Soundbridge does play WAV files transmitted by other uPNP servers.  Transcoding to MP3 seems to work; but WAV does not.

3. Whenever I stop and then restart the MC uPNP server, the Soundbridge can no longer connect unless I reboot it.  Even reselecting the MediaCenter server on the Soundbridge menu, or selecting another uPNP server and then coming back to the MediaCenter server, does not work.  The Soundbridge sees the server, but pops an error message that it failed to connect.  This behavior does not occur on WMC, Rhapsody, or Nero MediaHome, suggesting it's rooted in your code.

Hope this helps.

Folbo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2005, 02:52:23 am »

Playlists...

Customize the view for a group....save for all child lists ... views are applied

BTW when can we expect to see named view saves rather than just this view and below only ?

Folbo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2005, 02:53:36 am »

:-[ oops!

meant to say that the views are not carried on down to the children

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 03:36:12 am »

1. Basic Fix: Just add two new settings for the Start Up Interface for View 2 and View 3. I could then specify Media Library (Standard View, Remember Meda Mode) for View 1, and Playing Now for View 2.

I would like that very much!!
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

interbeat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 04:07:09 am »

Theatre View does not sort file lists the same as the corresponding view scheme.

For example, my audio view scheme files are sorted by track name, but Theatre View ignores that and sorts file lists by track number number no matter what. Very annoying!

Ed.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 07:35:54 am »

I second the point about the UPnP server - something similar happens with the MP101 as well.

I'd been doing some testing the other day, and stopping and restarting the UPnP server meant that I had to go through the whole process again of finding the server; there must be some kind of identifier that changes each time, as other UPnP servers don't cause this behaviour...

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2005, 12:03:51 pm »

I just realized that in mini-me mode the playback information (time & progress bar) is not updated while MC is playing files. Only when pausing or on track changes the display gets updated.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 12:24:47 pm »

Theatre View does not sort file lists the same as the corresponding view scheme.

To work around this in the past, I added my sorting to the actual View Scheme "search".  Then Theater View obeys it.

Now, I actually thought they changed this and that Theater View now obeyed the other Sort Settings.

One thing you may want to check before you put all your sorting into the View Schemes is that you don't have Options --> Tree & View --> Sorting --> Sort by Track # for Single Albums enabled.  This will cause MC to ignore your Sort settings when you are viewing a single "album" (sorting instead by Track# as it is in your case).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2005, 12:37:40 pm »

Some remaining bugs from the 11.0.255 thread:

1. Encoding & conversion dialogs on Windows 2000 professional PC.

2. Library Server conversions. (+ If WMA lossless is selected the client display shows 128 kbps.)

3. Position slider problem when playing CUE tracks. (+ also, the time display is not advancing)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2005, 12:48:08 pm »

This program is not reasonably translatable.  Too many stringers are Hardcoded I give up it.  Theatre View, Download manager, label editor etc....
 >:(

Is there a chance the this still changes?  ?
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2005, 12:51:13 pm »

Restoring a library backup crashes MC immediately (it just exists). The restored library seems to be OK when MC is restarted.

Media Center Registered 11.0.261 -- C:\Soft\MC\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1395 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 786 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: PHILIPS  CDRWDVD2010        Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:20  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 12:51:59 pm »

Hi,

In build 261 external programs lauched from Theater View (Custom Item/Program) do not get focus once lauched, although they are running in the background.

In build 255 the behaviour was Ok: external program is visible and gets focus once launched from Thater View. Focus gets back to MC upon external program exit.

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 12:53:16 pm »

These and also the latter before it hang themselves on with initialize of portable ones devices.

When copying peer drag and drop of albums or titles, is provided no album dir on the goal!
All files are copied into the main dir.

Pink Waters

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2005, 01:05:00 pm »

I just realized that in mini-me mode the playback information (time & progress bar) is not updated while MC is playing files. Only when pausing or on track changes the display gets updated.
Yes.. I have this issue too
Tamer

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 01:35:48 pm »

Restoring a library backup crashes MC immediately (it just exists). The restored library seems to be OK when MC is restarted.

This happens on my XP PC too.

Media Center Registered 11.0.261 -- C:\Soft\MC\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2858 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 660 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1613 (xpsp2.041130-1838) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive F: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4480B  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4480B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:0  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Pink Waters

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 02:43:52 pm »

i noticed a strange media library behavior after restoring MC from taskbar... the text of the genre/artist/album size was too small and when i hovered the mouse button on each one they came back to the original size
Tamer

Pink Waters

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 03:22:25 pm »

you have to change tabs in media library in order to update tags info (media library does not update tag info untill changing tab)
Tamer

Laffer

• Junior Woodchuck
MC: 11.0.261 Setup Crashes
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 04:34:21 pm »

After double clicking the exe, progress bar gets to 100% then nothing,  just crashes out, no error message - but obviously MC11 does not set up!

Sys info taken from MC10, if theres any other info you need just ask.

Laffer.

Media Center Registered 10.0.173 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3244 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 597 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1400 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: ATAPI   DVD RW 8XMax      Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1402  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive X:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Z:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-108    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

bonnersera

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2005, 05:24:50 pm »

problems with ipod!

hi,
i'm not sure, if i use the right place for posting my problem:

i just installed MC 11 and have now problems with connecting my ipod! please give me info about the right plug-in and the download place, what should i do? i just paid my upgrade...

thx

bonnersera

ScottCocoaBeach

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2005, 06:08:48 pm »

I am getting crashes when playing from Tivo.  It's giving a C++ error and terminating the application.

I have convert when neccessary and MP3 as my options.  I thought I used to be able to stream my wma's but now I have to convert.  I hadn't tried with Tivo in a while.

This is on the 261 build.

Thanks,

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2005, 06:44:31 pm »

Hi Scott, I need more info - how often does it crash? Does it always crash in the same place?

About the wma files - I'll check this tomorrow, but you can try the different types (abr, vbr, or lossless) yourself: I'm pretty sure lossless won't work, don't remember about the other two.

j

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2005, 09:10:36 pm »

I use Library Server a lot and I've been experiencing mysterious pauses for quite a few builds now. The pauses are between tracks and can last a few minutes (I've never actually timed them). I don't know if it is a long delay in buffering the new track, but if I just wait it out the song does eventually play. I kind of think it is not a buffering problem, though, because if I click Stop and the Play againg it immediately starts buffering and plays soon after that. In either case, once the song actually starts it usually plays through without further issues.

Is there any log produced from the client side when playing via Library Server or any other way to try to debug this?

[Edit]
I looked into this a bit more...by monitoring the network usage via TaskManager I can see that during these pauses MC is downloading/buffering the song. I still don't know why it takes so long to start playing, though, as I'm sure it is buffering far mare than the 2 seconds that I have my settings at. One other interesting thing is that network usage during buffering seems to be very steady, almost as if it is buffering at a limited speed instead of as fast as the network can go. Even more strange is that the network usage increased after the song started playing.

So, for one particular example, the song is ripped at WMA lossless format, in this case that means its about 800kbps. It buffered at about 500kbps for about 2 or 3 minutes and then started playing. While playing it was at about 800kbps network usage (which makes sense since it should be streaming at this point). About 2.5 minutes before the end of the song the network usage went to 0 and it played out the rest of the song. This tells me that MC buffered roughly 2.5 minutes (which also explains the long pause, since buffering that much does take some time).

Is there some other buffering settigs aside from Playback -> Output mode settings -> Buffering?

Also, it appears I'm only having this issue for songs that are in the lossless format. I know this format is migh higher bandwidth than a typical encoding format, but the lower bitrate songs (~128kbps) start playing immediatel and the lossless (~800 - 1000kbps) take 2 or 3 minutes to buffer. That's a huge difference.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2005, 10:13:21 pm »

Toolbar functionality for "List Style: Album Thumbnails" does the wrong thing when disalbed (because not supported for specific views):

1. You can still click on this toolbar icon when it's disabled because of the currently selected org tree node (like a Playlist).  The icon is greyed-out (disabled).

2. When you click on this disabled toolbar icon, you get the "List Styles: Details" action.

The fix is really to not support clicking on a disabled toolbar icon.

pqcgebxm

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2005, 10:56:06 pm »

When connected to Media Server, I'm being asked to authenticate several times. Always when I first log in, and then usually when the first image (album thumbnail) is downloaded, and then on and off after that.

This was true even with MC 10. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Why must I authenticate multiple times?

Pink Waters

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2005, 05:55:27 am »

MC seems to have a problem with more than 1 storage area handleds (Internal memory+MMC...etc):

• When I connect my handled MC opens up 2 handled action windows both with the same handled name, and the minimized one cannot be restored (wheather the the second storage area (MMC) is empty or with a MMC card inserted).
  • The issue above makes it clear that we cant deal with those types of handled through the action window.
  • Removing/inserting the Second storage area (MMC) does not remove/add its icon from/in the tree view under devices.

I think these issues is important to consider so MC would be capable of dealing with most handleds on the market, and i hope i did provide a clear information.

Hint: Windows explorer recognizes the internal storage with the first drive letter available, then the secondary storage with the next drive letter. So you can update the handled information in the tree and action window to Internal Storage/Removable Storage by the drive letter order.. hope that helps.
Tamer

SteveG

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2005, 07:46:16 am »

bonnersera,

If you can, right click on 'iPod' in the tree and select 'Initialize'. This will remove all information from your iPod, but then you should be OK.

bytestar,

Sorry, I do not follow the problem. What device do you have? This will help me figure out the problem you are describing.

Pink Waters,

What device do you have? How does the device report itself in the tree (exactly please)?

Thanks,

Steve

Pink Waters

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2005, 07:55:39 am »

Pink Waters,

What device do you have? How does the device report itself in the tree (exactly please)?

Its MSI Mega Player 516 (With Bluetooth)
and it appears on MC as:  MS-5516
Tamer

Pink Waters

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2005, 08:34:28 am »

frame Windows (options window, ..etc) topbar skin has a shadow in all skins
Tamer

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2005, 08:36:09 am »

I'm seeing this as well. Tested with all supplied mini-me skins and my preferred, "Blade"

JohnT

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2005, 11:59:31 am »

This one's been around for a while:

While ripping multiple CDs, if one CD finishes before the other(s), and you replace the CD with a new one, the new one starts to rip (correct behavior) but the other CDs reset and start ripping from track 1 again (very annoying behavior).
Should be fixed in the next build. Please test and let us know.
Thanks!

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

SteveG

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2005, 12:17:12 pm »

Pink Waters,

You did not manually configure MC to detect this device, correct?

Does it show up twice in the tree or once? If twice what are both devices listed as?

Thanks,

Steve

Pink Waters

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2005, 12:23:02 pm »

Pink Waters,

You did not manually configure MC to detect this device, correct?

Does it show up twice in the tree or once? If twice what are both devices listed as?

Thanks,

Steve
MC detected it automatically, and the handled showed up twice with the same handled name i provided
Tamer

SteveG

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2005, 12:44:37 pm »

Pink Waters,

Was there a drive letter associated with either entry? I assume not. How does it show up in WMP?

Steve

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2005, 12:51:29 pm »

261 Continues to forget what I have selected to see in my second view when I close the program. There's two ways to fix this as I see it.

2. More Elegant Fix: Add the same extra "per View" settings as above, but include a "Last Used Location" option in the Location field.

Cheers,
Jeff

These features can not be added to 11.0.  Possibly in a future version.

Pink Waters

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2005, 12:55:23 pm »

Pink Waters,

Was there a drive letter associated with either entry? I assume not. How does it show up in WMP?

Steve
yes but only in the tree not action window!
Tamer

Pink Waters

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2005, 01:12:50 pm »

How does it show up in WMP?

WMP see it as 2 storage drives with their drive letter (as showed up in windows explorer)
Tamer

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up