INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipod photo album art  (Read 10631 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: ipod photo album art
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2005, 10:34:13 am »

2005-03-23 was the first, then I updated yesterday to the current.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2005, 11:00:05 am »

Chris,

Lets try to simplify this in an effort to solve it. Initialize your iPod. Transfer one file with coverart and verify that it is not appearing. If not, please email me the file at steve @ jriver.com.

Also, go to Help->Configure debug logging and enable 'Output to a log file' and then enable log events for 'Handhelds' and then restart MC. View the log and look for 'IpodType' and post your model number as reported by MC.

Thanks.

Steve

brickf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2005, 11:28:27 am »

FYI, I am using a 5G and the 10-12 updater and the .71 beta is working well for me, album art and Videos too. I'm going to start archiving the updaters, they become difficult to find once the new one is released.

LonWar

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2005, 12:37:09 pm »

Hey Steve, I have about 9,000 files on my ipod, Some with art and some with the default art, (MC Logo).

Is there a way or will there be a way to identify what files on my pod do not have art?

Thanks.
-

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2005, 05:29:14 am »

Steve,

I sent a file to you via email. Hope you received it and you can confirm the album art is in the file. Meanwhile, I uploaded 17 GB and no cover shows up!

What am I doing wrong?

SteveG

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2005, 02:26:32 pm »

Everyone,

Chris's problem is that he has an iPod that is not in the documentation that I am using to decide whether or not to send iPod artwork. The problem will go away now that I know his model number. In the future for anyone who is  not seeing artwork, please follow my last instruction to retrieve the iPod model number (as recognized by MC) and then post it. With this information, I can fix this kind of issue quickly.

Thanks.

Is there a way or will there be a way to identify what files on my pod do not have art?

Not at this time. We can enhance this in the future.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2005, 06:04:51 pm »

Everyone,

Chris's problem is that he has an iPod that is not in the documentation that I am using to decide whether or not to send iPod artwork. The problem will go away now that I know his model number. In the future for anyone who is  not seeing artwork, please follow my last instruction to retrieve the iPod model number (as recognized by MC) and then post it. With this information, I can fix this kind of issue quickly.

Thanks.

Not at this time. We can enhance this in the future.
Steve, if there are models out there that you are not picking up in your code why not introduce a 'Force art to iPod option' with a suitable warning to the user that they must be sure their iPod supports artwork before proceeding and what the consequences will be if they select it by mistake.  This will surely make life easier for you and empower knowledgable users to 'help the software along' where Apple is making life difficult for you.

You could perhaps make it even more intuitive by introducing a wizard that decides whether the iPod supports artwork and guides them accordingly but offers the user an override option with a suitable explanation as to when they might use it (i.e. 'I know my iPod supports artwork so just let me force it!')
JLee

SteveG

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2005, 09:29:18 am »

J,

You make a good suggestion. I think it makes sense to add your option if this a relatively common occurence, but as of now it seems to be an isolated instance. If I hear of another couple of instances of this, I think the scale will tip in favor of the overhead of your suggestion.

Thanks for thinking this through.

Steve

eitschp

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2005, 04:14:30 pm »

Which version of MC 11.1 is bugless, i had big problems with MC 11.1.57 alpha version and i had to reinstall the previous version!

SteveG

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2005, 04:24:49 pm »

11.1.74 is the best we have to offer.

Available here....

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30603.0
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up