INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.290 Release Candidate  (Read 4202 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.290 Release Candidate
« on: June 11, 2005, 07:43:46 pm »

We're ready to release Media Center 11.0.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:  Post bugs you are certain about here.  Anything else will be moved or deleted.  If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   Feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110290.exe

11.0.290 (6/11/05)

1. Changed: "Download Images" could reload the same image multiple times (causing flicker) when doing several files from the same album. (drawing only -- wasn't hitting network multiple times)
2. Changed: "Download Images" goes through artists / albums alphabetically instead of in a random order.
3. Fixed: "Download Images" would try to download cover art for non audio files.
4. Fixed: When starting MC with some command line arguments, it would not properly run. (applies to 289 only)
5. Fixed: Playlist exporting and printing could operate on the "Analyze Audio" list in some cases when Audio Analysis was running in the background.
6. Changed: Cover art tagging happens in the background. (the new system allows background cover art saving and proper thumbnail updating, so there's no need to block while saving art anymore)

11.0.289 (6/10/05)

1. Fixed: File conversion on the fly to Portable Devices.

11.0.288 (6/10/05)

1. Changed: Like in 285 and before, when saving cover art internally MC will show "Inside File" for the file's image instead of the external location.
2. Fixed: In some cases, downloading cover art would download a file for each track in an album.
3. Fixed: The "Reset" button in Options > Handheld was not properly closing the options dialog.
4. Fixed: Playlist Groups could show files from all database locations even if child smartlists only searched the main database.
5. Fixed: Transitioning from mixed audio+image to video back to the mix would not show images anymore.   
6. Fixed: When renaming a tree item the old item could be seen "under" the rename edit box.
7. Fixed: Auto-import no longer automatically imports CD & DVD files into the main library.
8. Changed: Media Center converts non-jpeg files to jpeg when saving as external cover art for Folder.jpg or Artist - Album.jpg.
9. Changed: Media Center uses a high jpeg quality when saving clipboard / scanner images as cover art.
10. Fixed: Navigating back did not properly load the view state of the panes.
11. Fixed: After resetting Handhelds, the options dialog will correctly close.
12. Fixed: Handhelds that are configured as 'remote drives' that are not present, should not appear in the device tree.
13. Fixed: PSP support

11.0.286 (6/8/05)

1. Fixed: When starting a mixed playlist (images and audio) from Theater View and then switching views, image playback could be replaced by another display type.
2. Fixed: MC 11 could use MC 10's mime handler. (causing mime handling bugs or crashes during installation)
3. Fixed: Some invalid MPC files would report a very long length -- causing playback and analyzer problems.
4. Fixed: Minor typo in Audible machine activation dialog.
5. Changed: Installer more strongly recommends uninstall of MC 10. (recommended for best performance and stability)
6. Changed: Added workaround to play streams on Streamium and other UPnP devices.
7. Changed: Drop of playlists on Portable Devices in the tree will open the MC AW.
8. Fixed: Importing MPL playlists that pointed to CUE files would not work properly.
9. NEW: Added more flexibility for how cover art -- art can now be stored next to the files on disk.
10. Fixed: Several pieces (associations, shell extensions, etc.) would not work as expected on W2K. (due to the 15 character process name limit)
11. Fixed: With 'store cover art inside files' unselected, MC would remove internal cover art on any tag change. (now only removes on 'Remove Cover Art' / 'Remove Tags' commands)
12. Fixed: When switching to Standard View from another View the TV image was not properly resized.
13. Changed: The Estimate Stream Length option is no longer needed.
14. Fixed: Some Action Window tooltips could appear while a right-click menu was showing.
15. Changed: Portable Device detection and handshake with MC. Devices that enumerate themselves multiple times are handled smoothly.
16. Fixed: With some skins loaded, MC could not properly close its options dialog.

New or Improved in MC 11

New database caching layer that makes many parts of MC significantly faster
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing
CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views allow you to look at two or more views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC now works with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
New Image Editor
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so session pictures are grouped automatically
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support with recording and time shifting
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support for playback through a home theater system
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
Re: Media Center 11.0.290 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 08:25:59 pm »

When transferring to a portable, MC is creating a folder named ROOT before following the folder scheme specified, which in turn is making it inaccessible by the player (at least inaccessible by my MuVo TX FM).
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 09:19:17 pm »

Thanks, Matt.

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 09:39:56 pm »

On a SATURDAY.....

You guys are really the BEST!!

Thanks!
-

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 01:06:50 am »

importing/uploading to handhelds makes MC extremely slow.

using split windows is not working properly with plugin views.  Because every plugin view is not maximized to the split window, to see the view correctly you have to close the other split view. and i think this is applied also on the start view.
Tamer

himini

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 05:52:46 am »

Both issues I mentioned in build 289 are resolved in 290-- and on a Saturday.  Really unbelievable.  I hope you guys know how much you are appreciated.  Media Center makes life better.
MC 11 registered
Win XP SP 1a
Samsung 352B combo drive
Sony DRU 510-A DVD burner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 10:57:29 am »

Several threads requiring discussion were split.

The handheld synch problem is here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=28252.0

foodog

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 06:21:48 pm »

Unable to delete files from smartlist.

It doesn't matter how many records are selected. Seems to only happen when options to send to recycle bin or delete from disk are chosen. CPU utilization near 100% and XP shows MC as "not responding".

Same problem occurs from playlist if using shift+delete to delete file from library.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 04:26:41 am »

The new functionality for storing album thumbnails next to the actual files is very nice - especially for people like me, that are also using XBMC (XBox Media Center) for playback - thanks for that functionality!

But, there's still some issues:
- How am i supposed to move my 1600+ images, that are currently located in a single directory, to the new location(s)? By hand?! Is it possible to create a "fix album art location"-function inside MC?

- When moving / renaming files, the corresponding "Folder.jpg" is not moved along, leaving both an empty directory with the "Folder.jpg"-file in it, and a broken link to the image file in the mp3's tags (as the link still points to "Folder.jpg", which is in the old folder).

- It's good that MC is now using "High" compression for JPG's added via Clipboard / Internet, but i would prefer an option to not have the files compressed by MC at all. Nearly all images i already have, or get via the internet, are already in JPG format, so there's not really a need to re-compress them.

In general, i noticed a definite speedup in the way MC behaves over the last few versions. I'm using MC on different machines, one of them is an old P2-350. With MC10 and older Betas of MC11, working inside the library was nearly impossible on that machine, since i had to wait between several seconds up to 2 or 3 minutes (!) after every click. But i think there's still some areas where MC's speed could be optimized. For example, i very often see the "loading panes"-status, when there are no changes to the pane's contents - my suspicion is that MC "just does it", no matter if reloading the panes is necessary or not. I strongly believe i'm not the only one using MC on an older computer (they are totally sufficient for media playback and CD / DVD burning, after all), so IMHO it would make sense to look into that. The recent speedups in MC11 are proof that there _is_ potential for optimization.

Thank you for this great program!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 07:01:32 am »

ADDiCT,

Please use this thread for discussing cover art issues: Cover art changes in build 286. I quoted the cover art part of your post there. I am going to post some comments there too.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 07:03:57 am »

6. Changed: Cover art tagging happens in the background. (the new system allows background cover art saving and proper thumbnail updating, so there's no need to block while saving art anymore)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  It works great like it used to, and I swear faster!
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up