INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to sort files in theater view  (Read 1347 times)

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
How to sort files in theater view
« on: September 08, 2005, 01:37:21 am »

I feel somewhat blind but I can't figure the simple thing:

I have a bunch of video files that I want sorted by name in theater view, however MC sorts them by timestamp, apparently. As a result list is messed up.

In normal (not theater) mode I figured that I need to change sort options in "Customize Current View", however I can find "Customize Current View" in theater mode.

Any help?

Thanks
Alex

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How to sort files in theater view
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 11:17:40 am »

Is this forum intended for support questions or is there another please where I can get an answer as LICENSED CUSTOMER?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:32:24 am »

Theater View uses whatever view scheme you have set up in the main view.  Try editing your view scheme or making a new one.

floppydisc

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 11:43:06 am »

I think that is not correct. I customized my current view for Videos to sort by Album --> Name --> Date. But in theatre view it still sorts by Album --> Artist --> ....
So how can I modify that?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 11:52:00 am »

Play around more with it.  I'm using MC11.  Try the "Change View" button in TheaterView to see more.

It's also possible to modify the placement of the particular view in the Standard View by dragging and dropping and by editing the parent view scheme.

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 09:02:18 pm »

I am using MC11.309

In "Standard View" I can customize view using "View/Customize Current View..." menu. This way I can achieve proper sorting in "Standard View"

If I switch to Theater view, and navigate to "Video" by disk location I see the list which is not sorted by name. If I click "Change View" it shows me thumbnails. I don't know if they are sorted since the part that contains part number is being cut off. Clicking "Change View" again takes me back to unsorted list.

View schemas are only referred through Edit menu item "Add View Scheme...". Since it contains "..." I assume it would show me another dialog but it shows nothing (just no effect).

While typing that I discovered that "Add View Scheme..." actually brings up the dialog if I select "Media Library" or "Video" It has no effect when I have actual folder selected. It's probably a bug since menu item should probably be disabled.

Anyway I added new view scheme based on file location. Played with it for a while and still could not get it sorted by name.

Jim, could you please provide more details on how to achieve desired effect of sorting....
Thanks
Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up