INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jump to Tree Location Documentation  (Read 11406 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Jump to Tree Location Documentation
« on: April 14, 2006, 04:20:20 pm »

I thought I'd post that in my quest to build a new Girder4 GML file, I figured out some of the settings for the MCC_SHOW_TREE_ROOT MC Windows Message Command.

Code: [Select]
MC11.exe /MCC 22003,[int nTreeRootIndex]

[int nTreeRootIndex]:

1 = Playing Now
2 = Audio
3 = Playlists
4 = Drives and Devices
5 = My Computer
6 = TV Tuner
7 = Web Media
8 = Images
9 = Video
10 = Podcasts
11 = Services & Plugins

You can use these to cause MC to automatically "jump" to the place you want on the tree.  More coming in a sec...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Jump to Tree Location Documentation
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 04:24:36 pm »

You can also get MC to programmatically expand certain branches of the tree.  I only figured out Audio, Images, and Video (those are the only ones I require now).  You can enter these values into Girder4's Command Capture Action (using SendMessage as the method).  I would guess that it would also work in Girder3.x using the SendMessage plugin.

Open Video Tree:

wParam: 1
IParam: 6291469

Open Audio Tree:

IParam: 3538953

Open Images Tree:

IParam: 5111820

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 04:25:24 pm »

Just out of curiosity, have you looked at the GML I posted yesterday. It has all this stuff in it already, and from what I can see, it works fine in Girder 4.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 04:31:27 pm »

No I didn't.  I've been building my own, and have it pretty much exactly how I want it.

Does yours allow you to easily re-program the buttons to do other functions when other programs are in the foreground?  For example, mine has Conditionals on various actions/macros/groups that allows the "play" button to play/pause in MC, and refresh the page in Firefox (and still work correctly in BeyondTV and WinDVD).

That was what I always had trouble with in older versions of Girder.  It was possible, but it was very unintuitive and you had to do all that enabling/disabling of groups.  I only needed to use that enable/disable trick to get my "Firefly" button to act as a shift key (and to get my Mouse Mode mouse buttons to switch back and forth from "regular" to "mouse buttons").  All the rest are just conditionals attached to the Action.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 04:37:09 pm »

No, it doesn't do any of that. It's just strictly the MCC commands for MC.

I just based it off the one in the Extras folder that MC creates. Not sure who originally created it. I just updated it to use MC11.exe instead of mjextman.exe (actually added both), and updated the command list.

Just hate to see you spend a lot of time adding a lot of these commands when I put them all in yesterday.

Although actually I just checked mine and saw that I didn't have all of those tree commands. I'm adding them now.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 05:15:27 pm »

Hey, with the automations commands when you send them through Windows Messages (instead of calling MC11.exe which is very slow) do you know which parameters are which?

I know it's just stupid, but I can't get it to work.

To use SendMessage in Girder4 I need three parameters (obviously):

IParam

I don't know where to put the 10000 (for MCC_PLAY_PAUSE for example), where to put the sometimes needed "parameter", and where (if at all) to put 33768 (which seems to be in all the "old" ones that you're updating).  I could look up the old command line for SendMessage.exe I suppose, but no matter where I put them it doesn't seem to work...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 05:20:12 pm »

I was never able to figure out that Windows Messages stuff. If you do, let me know, because I'd love to speed up the response time a bit. :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 05:45:43 pm »

Cool.  I will.  For now I'm using Keyboard Shortcuts for most of the play controls that don't work with the regular Play Controls method.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 11:01:03 am »

I found some threads and other information that will (hopefully) help in this quest.  Unfortunately, my Wife is using the computer I'm using to test and setup Girder right now so I can't try it out.  I'm mainly just posting these so I can close Firefox to reboot this computer (and still save and re-find the URLs).

Girder SendMessage settings that supposedly work

SendMessage Command Line documentation

General Girder Discussion

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 10:24:26 am »

Ok, I got SendMessage working under 3.29b. At least for a few commands. I'm trying to find a way to do a quick search and replace to update the rest. I really don't want to re-do all of these by hand. :(

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 11:44:59 am »

Ok, I got it.

You can download it here. I haven't had much luck converting it to work in G4, but it works in G3.29b.

What I did is

wParam : 10000 (or whatever the command number is)
lParam : 0 (or whatever the parameter is)

Make sure the Target is set to MJFrame, and you have it set it to "Match Invisible Tasks". (It was the only way I could get it to work if MC was minimized to the tray)

In Girder 4 you have to make sure to use SendMessage instead of PostMessage.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 11:52:22 am »

Fantastic Work Doof!!!

That works perfectly.  Now my GML will be perfect (but will take some time to fix).  Thanks a lot!

BTW, don't bother updating yours to work with Girder4 if you're not using it.  I am and I'll post mine as soon as it's done (which will be today).  Then we can compare notes if you want.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 11:59:37 am »

Wow... SendMessage is NICE. I was able to cut out about 3 seconds of Waits that I needed when using MC11.exe to get one of my Girder macros to work.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 12:52:53 pm »

You can also get MC to programmatically expand certain branches of the tree.  I only figured out Audio, Images, and Video (those are the only ones I require now).  You can enter these values into Girder4's Command Capture Action (using SendMessage as the method).  I would guess that it would also work in Girder3.x using the SendMessage plugin.

Open Video Tree:

IParam: 6291469

Open Audio Tree:

IParam: 3538953

Open Images Tree:

IParam: 5111820

I thought I'd mention that I've been having a lot of trouble getting this to work reliably.  It does work most of the time, but it seems to get confused if you use it a few times in quick succession.  I've since abandoned this method.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 12:59:19 pm »

I've been doing that in two steps.

1. Media Mode - Audio
2. Use the Right Arrow key (targetting the MJFrame)

Haven't had any problems doing it that way.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 09:15:49 am »

Yeah.  I actually tried that too, but it's just as problematic.  I was assigning that Action (just as you described) to the "Music" button on my remote, and then assigning a similar action to my "Video" and "Photos" buttons.  The problem is if you hit Audio (which selects Audio and opens the tree) and then Video, and then Audio again (to go back), it jumps you down to the next "tier" of the Audio tree (in my case an [Album (grouped)] view scheme that I only rarely use).

The SendMessage method actually worked more reliably than that.  It would only get confused if I toggled back and forth quite a few times (10-15 in quick succession).  Once it did "break" though, it would actually start expanding the wrong tree item (seemingly at random) so it was quite unacceptable once it started happening.  I couldn't find any way to "set it right" other than to close and re-start Girder.

I decided it's easier just to manually hit -> to expand the tree myself when I want to open it, and left my Action with "Switch to Audio" alone (along with the conditional launch MC or bring it to foreground).  It is working well though.

I also thought I'd mention that I had a lot of trouble getting SendMessage to work reliably with Theater View (I was assigning those same buttons to do the similar function in TheaterView if it was open).  It works most of the time, but sometimes would get "stuck".  I suspect it happens if TheaterView somehow is no longer "on top" or something (or has to do with the Target I was selecting, but I tried a bunch of combinations).  Either way, I've decided it's just easier to use MC11.exe (and Keyboard spoofing) to control Theater View at this point.

I'd be all done with the GML right now but I decided to break my HTPC (not really on purpose) yesterday instead.  I plan to work on it more tonight, and I should have something post-worthy by this evening.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 09:28:28 am »

I'm using SendMessage for everything except for the keyboard navigation stuff. Mainly because I can't find a keycode for the arrow keys. It seems to work fine. I'm only using the Audio Mode plus Right Arrow key for my system here at work, where I'm not running Theater View.

I have found one weird little problem with SendMessage, though. Trying to use SendMessage to kick off the Import dialog and then hit the enter key doesn't work right. It fires up the Import dialog, but then Girder stops processing commands until I manually close the Import dialog. I have a feeling it has something to do with the loword/hiword parameters for it (I have no idea what that even means). I don't get the same problem when using MC11.exe, though, even though I'm passing the same 0 parameter. So for that one command, I'm still using MC11.exe

glynor

• MC Beta Team

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 08:20:26 pm »

FWIW:  Using the Sendmessage with the Import tool works fine for me with Girder4 (allows Enter to start the search).  That was actually one of the last commands I switched over from MC11.exe to Sendmessage.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 05:46:20 pm »

I thought I'd post that in my quest to build a new Girder4 GML file, I figured out some of the settings for the MCC_SHOW_TREE_ROOT MC Windows Message Command.

MC11.exe /MCC 22003,[int nTreeRootIndex]

[int nTreeRootIndex]:

1 = Playing Now
2 = Audio
3 = Playlists
4 = Drives and Devices
5 = My Computer
6 = TV Tuner
7 = Web Media
8 = Images
9 = Video
10 = Podcasts
11 = Services & Plugins

Actually I am looking for a way to get focus to the track grid to the right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up