INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combine smartlist expressions?  (Read 1902 times)

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Combine smartlist expressions?
« on: July 17, 2006, 01:50:06 am »

Is it possible to combine smartlist expressions somehow?

Prefferably in a single smarlist like:
( (Select some 50 tracks) + (Select some 50 other even cooler tracks) ) remove duplicates

Alternatively by combining existing smartlist with the seperate expressions.

Thanks in advance! :)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Combine smartlist expressions?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 02:02:18 am »

I think you can do what you are interested in.  Here is the criteria I use for syncing my portable device.  Look at the OR part.  You can say select items from playlist A or playlist B and it should get both at once.  Parenthesis are helpful and I recommend enclosing the OR statement in them to keep it cleaner.

([Rating]=>=3 or [Number Plays]=>5) -[Genre]=[Children],[Christmas],[Classical],[Comedy],[Halloween],[Meditation],[Nature],[Poetry] ~nodup=[Artist],[Name] ~sort=[Rating]-d,[Number Plays]-d

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 03:17:34 am »

I would like to create a expression wich selects 500 songs at random, but with higher density of higher rating.

I thought maybe to use something like this:
(select 100 with rating >1) +
(select 200 with rating >2) +
(select 200 with rating >3)
and then randomize the whole rigamole.

This way i should get a nice playlist with more hits of higher rated songs (and eliminating 1 starred). Is the maybe a better way to do this?

Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 03:24:36 am »

Forgot to discuss the or operator, before posting...

If i in this case use or, i will only allow it to also select from less rated tracks. The problem is that i want to select diffrently from the same tag, as you probaly see :) I didn't clearify this in my first post.

But appretiate your willingness to help  :)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 03:43:12 am »

you will be wanting to use the ~mix modifier

something along the lines of:

[media type]=audio ~mix=500,100,r=2,200,r=3-4,200,r=5

~mix is random by nature. You could also pop a last played rule in there if you wanted to filter out recently played tracks...

[media type]=audio -[last played]=<=7d ~mix=500,100,r=2,200,r=3-4,200,r=5

would cut out tracks played during the past seven days.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 03:48:32 am »

Ahh. Superneat!

Thank you :D

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 03:58:59 am »

it is indeed.
One of the neatest (and most complex) examples of ~mix usage I've seen posted here is this example from seviien.

You will need to tweak it a little (a text editor is strongly advised) to suit your individual needs, but if you stick to the basic foundations, you'll wind up with a great smartlist.

The other thing to be a bit wary of with the ~mix modifier are dupes.
It tries really hard to satisfy the 'number of tracks' requirements, so, if there are not 100 2-star tracks available, it has a tendancy to pad the list with dupes untill the 100 tracks has been satisfied. You can beat that by adding ~nodup=[artist],[name] to the end of the string, but obviously, that will reduce the list from 500 tracks.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 06:09:51 am »

I made some alterations, and the "equation" works sweetly. Ended up with a 600 char line, and still it takes just about 2 secs to query.

Whetever a playlist is 500 or 470 doesn't bother me much, as long as I can easily start music i enjoy listening to ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up