INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving Database...  (Read 1051 times)

lockeness

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Saving Database...
« on: July 29, 2006, 09:48:25 am »

I have a library with about 20,000 mp3's.  With the latest release (not beta, but the latest release the app prompts you to download), the program saves the database, very frequently and it takes forever.  It takes about 90 seconds for MC to do its saving (status bar says "Saving Database...") and it does so about every 2-3 minutes.  It's really quite annoying.  I have poured through the options in in the app and can't find a way to turn this off.

Any suggestions?

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Saving Database...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 03:12:32 am »

same here, but it started long time ago (3 months or so). I thought this depends on my weak PC. I've got only 8K Files, so the saving last about 15 sec. But in this time, an operation with the keyboard is not possible. Mostly it starts with a view change.
Uwe

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 11:05:04 am »

Check this thread.  It's likely related to having your library files (the database not the media) on a removable or network drive.  MC doesn't like that.

If you're trying to share the database between different PCs, there are other solutions that work much better (in the thread linked above).  If you just have all the media on a removable/slow/network drive that's fine, but just don't have MC's library files there (move them back to C).  You should be fine then.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 07:12:55 am »

Sorry for my late answer, my next MC was far away... ;)

I've checked it. My Database is local, and when "saving database" apears, MC doesn't use the network. So i think, the problem must be local...
There's another remarkable delay in MC: In theatre view when changing from the first (entrance)screen into "Audio" there's a delay from about 5 sec. Maybe the same issue as mentioned above?

Thanks, Uwe
Pages: [1]   Go Up