INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: >>> Media JukeBox & Alarm clock? And other features...  (Read 1868 times)

InGearX

>>> Media JukeBox & Alarm clock? And other features...
« on: September 09, 2002, 08:41:23 pm »

I was wondering if Media JukeBox has alarm clock? (or a more advanced scheduler?)

P.S. How is the progress with drag and drop files feature? (say from playlist to my Win Explorer or MSN Messenger/AIM and all other programs that support drag and drop)
And increasing and decreasing seed of playback feature?

Thank you...
(I have v8.0.293)

InGearX

RE:>>> Media JukeBox & Alarm clock? And other features...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2002, 04:36:16 pm »

aby one?

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 08:29:57 pm »

There is a plugin "sleep timer". It's not exactly an alarm clock, but it might cover some of the things you want.

How would you like an alarm clock? Only a reminder type? I think this should not be covered by MJ (it's a _media_ jukebox, not some sort of PIM).

Scronch

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2002, 01:23:07 am »

InGearX -

I have a bunch of batch files that start up MJ at a specified time of day, and then at various times change the playlist that's playing, plus one that shuts things down gracefully at a specific time.  I could post them if you want.  I don't use Media Scheduler because of some problems I ran into, but the Windows Task Scheduler works great for kicking off the batch files at the right time.  The only snag I've hit are some timing issues with the asynchronous behavior of the commands, but that doesn't affect the tasks I've described above.  Alarm clock behavior is much simpler than what I've described.

If you are playing through PC speakers, then you're all set.  If you play through an amp, then you'd have to leave the amp on all night (unless there's some digital amp power control capability I don't know about).

Scronch

InGearX

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2002, 08:25:00 am »

I hear you, it's OK thanks...

nila

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2002, 08:29:19 am »

i'd love a little alarm clock plugin for mj.
I leave my computer on 24/7 and it's in my bedroom and I'd love to have playlists of my choice start up at a specific volume at a certain time. It'd be great :)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2002, 08:48:02 am »

Scronch,
It would be nice to see the batch files.  Please post them.  

Thanks.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Scronch

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2002, 11:42:02 pm »

OK, I'll do so in a new post.  Sorry for the delay, yet another funeral in Minneapolis.  This was whirlwind--no time to stop anywhere, including JRiver.  I'm very tired of driving.  I don't know how truck drivers do it (gawd, it's boring...).

Scronch
Pages: [1]   Go Up