INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.90  (Read 5643 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.90
« on: October 11, 2006, 05:28:07 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120090.exe

History

12.0.90 (10/11/06)

1. Changed: When picking auto-import with no folders configured, a message will be shown.
2. Changed: Removed "run now" from auto-import options. (since it's in the main menu / toolbar)
3. Changed: Direct3D views (Theater View / 3D visualizations) target the video card where the window first appears. (old video cards may render slowly when switching monitors after this)
4. Fixed: TV recording by Scheduler would fail if the user is currently using TV engine.
5. NEW: If Media Scheduler starts a TV recording task while the user is using TV engine in any zone, MC will ask user to confirm interrupting current activity and starting recording scheduled program.
6. Changed: Installer, uninstaller, package installer, and Media Center ask to be a trusted program when running on Vista.
7. Changed: Removed beta timeout.
8. Fixed: Mouse tracking / highlighting of list controls could get stuck on in some cases.
9. Fixed: List control mouse tracking would still operate even if a window was over the top of the list.
10. Changed: In Theater View root configuration, the full row is selectable for an item instead of only the text.
11. Changed: Removed a level of nesting in Options > Playback > Audio.
12. Changed: "Image File" field is now available (and used) for videos as well as audio.
13. NEW: More updated art.
14. NEW: When opening a Media Center library that's already in use by another computer, a read-only version will be opened. (each user computer will have its own thumbnail cache, like with Library Server)
15. NEW: Improved "Party Mode" so that the library lives in its own sandbox -- making it impossible for changes to leak back to the main database.

12.0.89 (10/10/06)

1. NEW: TV user can configure how much video to retain during time-shifting. The default has been increased from 1.5 hour to 5 hours.
2. NEW: Added two options to cache RAW file output as Jpegs.  (This takes the cached file size down from (in the case of a Canon 20D) 25MB's to under 1MB.)
3. NEW: RAW files now provide their ISO, FL, Shutter, Aperature and Camera.
4. NEW: Added grid-lines to Tag window.
5. NEW: Read-only fields show as grey in the Tag window.
6. NEW: MP3 Streams with song titles in the metadata stream: Clicking the >> & << buttons will advance to next or previous title in stream.
7. New: RAW File cache can now be cleared from options.  Code added to invalidate cache files.
8. Fixed: Double-clicking in the tree to play images would not properly give the full-screen display the focus.
9. Fixed: Theater View and 3D visualization textures could look garbled on some systems.
10. Fixed: Media Center would close even though Media Server mode was on.
11. NEW: Added ability to add "Check Watch Folders Now" to the toolbars.
12. NEW: Put "Check Watch Folders Now" in the Tools menu.
13. Changed: Reworked Options > Library > Watch Folders layout.
14. NEW: Interface plugins can set a registry DWORD "Skin" and set it to 0 to disable skinning for the plugin and any child windows. (for parentless popups, use pMJ->SkinWindow(m_hWnd, FALSE))
15. Changed: Renamed add folder to library to use "Import" and "Auto-Import" naming.
16. Changed: Removed tree gridlines that appeared with some skins.
17. Changed: Changed how toolbar buttons look when they're disabled. (use only text color instead of grayscaling)

12.0.87 (10/5/06)

1. Changed: Got rid of the mode skipping while stopped when pressing F11.
2. Changed: Tag Action Window doesn't show "Track #" on the first line any longer.
3. Changed: Tag window no longer uses new line during editing a field.
4. Fixed: Using the Tag window with panes visible could be overly slow.
5. NEW: Tag window uses new (more powerful) visible field selection mechanism.
6. Fixed: Tag window would use inconsistent colors for the text in the header area.
7. Changed: Image in Tag window now has an instructional tooltip.
8. Changed: Reduced the font size of the labels in the Tag window.
9. Fixed: The play link on a grouping tile wouldn't work properly.
10. Changed: For digital TV, changes in video mixing mode can take place immediately even if TV is in time-shifting mode (unless the user choose to delay it until next time TV a channel is played).
11. NEW: User can specify whether to use, and for how long, an automatic cut-off time limit for TV recording (in case you forget to stop recording manually).
Scheduled recording is not affected by this. Previously there has been a 3 hour time limit. The new default is 12 hours.
12. Fixed: 3D Pong did not render properly.
13. Fixed: 3D Pong had too much drag on the ball, causing dead balls, after extended play.
14. Changed: 3D Theater View and 3D Visualizations use a more accurate clock system for moving the world and handling physics.
15. Changed: Theater View "into" animation fades out as it zooms.
16. Fixed: In Theater View, into animations would not play when using the right-arrow in details mode to enter an item.
17. NEW: Added some more art updates.
18. Fixed: Should be the right DCRaw.exe file this time.
19. New: Raw decode quality settings available in playback->Image options.
20. New: Raw decode cache settings available in playback->image options.  Cache directory setting there.
21. Fixed: Importing iTunes 7 playlists (saved as a txt file) not working.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 12.0.90
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 05:50:03 pm »

It's now unofficially supported to share the same library between multiple computers.  You'll have to do the leg work to make sure all the files point to valid paths. (by using network shares or mapped drives)

This feature is an experiment, so if things get complicated, it may be removed and saved for a future version.

More information here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36306.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RobOK

• long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 05:59:17 pm »

I like the new art, keep it up!!!

The smartlist icon (as compared to the playlist icon) is hard to really see what symbol it is, I think its an "!".  Consider making the orange darker to give it more contrast, maybe the podcast orange color.  Or take the red color from the Services and Plugin icon.

I still think you should change the SmartList icon.

I am looking forward to some of the RAW changes, although I have stopped shooting RAW (Nikon NEF) and gone back to JPEG.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 06:27:56 pm »

Changing the default line in main.xml from the default to:
<TOOLBARS> <Colors InactiveBlend="FFFFFF" />
no longer has any effect on the color of the toolbar buttons.  I dislike toolbar buttons that color only with mouse hovering, as I can't differentiate the icons when viewed on a high res display and have to display text next to the buttons and therefore have to decrease the number of toolbar buttons.  I know nothing about skinning, so would appreciate any suggestions to get the colors back.  Oh, I'm using the Thunderstorm skin.

This has been a longstanding gripe for me that I've expressed several times over the last few versions but have worked around it by routinely editing main.xml with each new build. I'm hoping that at the very least I can continue to do that.  Of course, it would be wonderful if the change came from JRiver!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 06:38:30 pm »

The Un-wanted Skin Color Is Still Going To A VB6 Plug-in
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 06:41:15 pm »

BUG Report:

When creating "List" type tags, the choices defined in the field's properties (i.e. the "Values") do NOT show up as possible choices (until at least ONE file has been tagged by "manually" typing in one of the possible entries.)  In previous versions of MC, if you defined Values when you created the field, these values would show up as a list when you edited this tag.

To see what I'm talking about, create a new library field.  Call it "Test Field," and change the "Data Type" to "List (semicolon delimited)."  In the "Values" type "XXX;YYY;ZZZ" and make the Edit Type" "Standard."  Hit okay.

Now go to the TW and in the "Also Show" list put a check next to "Test Field" so that this field will show up in the TW.  Highlight a track and click on the "Test Field" tag in the TW.  Notice how you are given NO checkboxes from which to select "XXX, YYY, or ZZZ."  If you did not already know what the possible choices were, you would have no idea how to use this field.

If you select "Add New Tag" from the bottom of the "Test Field" Tag Window and manually type in "XXX," you will NOW have an "XXX" checkbox on any of the files you select.  You will still NOT see, however, the "YYY" or "ZZZ" choices that you set up this field to have.

With "List" type fields, you should always have ALL the checkboxes available regardless of whether or not they have been used in the library yet.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this issue, which is definitely causing problems for me since I DO use "List" type custom fields, and I need them to always offer me all the options I set them up with as checkboxes (which is how they USED to work in MC12.)  Note that MC11 does not have this problem.  When you create the SAME field in MC11, you are immediately offered all three choices for all the files (i.e. XXX, YYY, and ZZZ show up as choices in the dropdown menu.)

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 06:48:53 pm »

General Comment:

I preferred the red color for tag checkmarks.  The blue ones don't "pop out" enough, making it take just a little bit more effort to do tagging work.  To me, the red marks were just more "ergonomic" for this purpose since they were so easy to spot, and when you weren't in Tagging mode, they were reduced in intensity enough that they weren't distracting at all.

Larry

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 09:24:26 pm »

I don't know if it is just me, but with .90 something is broken with Library Server. The client connects and downloads the library just fine, but after that it shows nothing in the library (no audio, video, playlists, podcasts, nothing).

I'm going to try downgrading to see if that helps.

Edit:
I downgraded the server only and that fixed it. That is, the server is running .89 and the client is at .90.

sithlord0338

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 10:20:42 pm »

After installing the new build I am having a weird issue with library backups. When I backup my MC library a message comes up saying "library backup failed". Even though the backup is actually saved to my hard disk. I tried a reboot of my PC to no avail.

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 10:23:33 pm »

Lyrics Action Window

When scrolling through the list of files (up/down), the focus is lost when showing.

Media Center Registered 12.0.90 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 1808 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1405 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: TOSHIBA  CD/DVDW SD-R5372   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

jgreen

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 10:33:44 pm »

i can confirm sithlord's issue re/library backups.  Inspecting the backup for file size, it seems to be valid, yet I got a "backup failed" message also.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 10:34:37 pm »

i can confirm sithlord's issue re/library backups.  Inspecting the backup for file size, it seems to be valid, yet I got a "backup failed" message also.

I see the same behavior here.

Larry

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 03:40:27 am »

Hello,

After 12.0.90 I still have distorted fonts.

It didn't change the fact that I can not make backups when in AUDIO, IMAGES or VIDEO. And I have too the message that backup failed and the backup is made but has less KB then the backup before. 4682KB vs 4835KB.

Clicking on another DVD movie when one is playing halts the program.

When in VIDEO I see all my movie thumbnails and when clicking on one of them all movies go into the playing now list.
I would prefer it to just play that movie (folder) like the way a CD is handled.

(I need the option "Replace playing now (all) for a folder with images.)

I would still like to know if it's (will be) possible to play DVD's from my server through another computer via Library Server.

I'm a bit confused about the new way of sharing the library. When clicking "search for media servers" it does load something but then nothing happens and nothing is shown. Is this because of the new way of handling the library on the server?

I have several computers in the house but I'm experimenting with two, say A and B.
On A I have the main MC12 with my library, 3 300GB HD with music and some 400GB with movies and 1 HD with IMAGES. On B I installed MC 12 and I have some 400GB with movies.

Strangely when opening my library on B I get all my music thumbs greyed out and when clicking a thumbnail I get a message saying "Media Center was unable to play any of the files. With the movies I get a stranger thing: When clicking on "video" I see all the movies but the ones on computer A are greyed out and disappear after a few seconds, then I only see the movies that are on computer B.
With IMAGES I don't get all files but I'm missing two folders and I recall changing the foldername in Windows Explorer and letting OTTO fix them later.

Since this operation didn't work I tried to import some files in it's own library. So from computer B I imported all movies from a HD from computer A and imported my "Ambient" music from another HD on computer A. This did work fine.

As a matter of fact I could double click a DVD file and then double click another and so on and it went fine.

But when closing MC12 on computer B my library was gone too... When restarting it's empty again.

Also a strange thing happened when I was double clicking movie/DVD thumbs a movie was playing on computer A! However I couldn't reproduce that.

I know it's much but I cannot figure out what's wrong.

Could it be that I named some discs on A and B the same? Like HD (J) is called Video on both computers. Or does it look at the root too?

Regards,

Theo

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 03:45:04 am »

After 12.0.90 I still have distorted fonts.

Hi Theo, if you havn't already done so, you might like to post your findings in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36169.0

I'm also still experiencing the same Theater View font distortion issues.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 04:03:49 am »

UPDATE

I uninstalled MC12 and then installed again. Now I could double click a movie/DVD file and double click another and so on.
But now I got several windows open called "Media Center DVD Player". (7 in my case) Also clicking on stop doesn't make a window disappear.
 When clicking on it in the windows task bar I get a black small square at the top left hand side.

Regards,

Theo

dcwebman

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 07:25:09 am »

Adding a new User Library field still has the Category drop down. This was used in MC 11 in the tag window. Is this still needed in MC 12?
Jeff

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 09:50:23 am »

Sometimes the MC-Tray Icon disappears… and I'm wondering what is playing the music on my PC ;)

When moving the mouse round the filelist (Playing now, Library etc.) MC hangs a bit and sometimes, cannot reproduce it for sure, it starts to skip playback.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 10:17:07 am »

Clicking on the "Play" link on a video causes all the videos in the list to go to playing now. Even though I have it set to play selected files only.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 10:18:52 am »

Any chance we could get MC12 to sort it's tile groupings to be consistent with the way that it sorts Panes and Theater View groupings?

Currently, both Panes and Theater View sort groupings like this:

Others
0-9
A-Z
Unassigned

but Tiles View sorts them like this:

0-9
A-O
Others
P-U
Unassigned
V-X

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 11:09:06 am »

another (I know you don't want to hear it)  Tagging problem

then click on name.........

It would be NICE to see the whole name.

While your at it.. PLEASE add the drop down of all SELECTED NAMES.

Thanks.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 12:33:14 pm »

I think that the addition of a new element to the contextual menu is essential!
It indeed "Edit Playlist" when one right-click on a playlist which one creates it (one the left pane).
 ::)
Please consider that. Thank you.  :)

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 01:00:56 pm »

One of things that happened when I install MC12, is that my options and settings didn't come over.  And most of all, it didn't copy my playlists and they were deleted.

Shouldn't the new release copy all options and settings over before deleting MC11 so they don't have to be entered

Skylar

thibaud

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 04:11:46 pm »

I just installed 12.0.90...
just wanted to congrat and thank you for the huge performance improvement regarding thumbnail view display and scrolling.
(cfr my previous post)
it's perfect now, keep up the good work.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 04:30:54 pm »

thumbnails
Place the cursor on the bottom toolbar. If there is thumbnail text just out of view, ie, behind the toolbar, the thumbnail fades out to reveal its play tag stuff.
--------
tooltips - extended desktop
This one's annoying as it makes tooltips useless near the right edge of the screen.
The TV is the secondary display device, and in the display setup, it's configured to the right of the monitor. MC's tooltips do not detect the right edge of the monitors' display area and instead, display out of view in the extended desktop area.

Those two could be because of overscan.  Part of the monitor's image is hidden?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 04:37:06 pm »

Screenshots wouldn't be affected by overscan, so that's unlikely unless he actually took a photo of his monitor to get those images.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 04:52:01 pm »

Screenshots wouldn't be affected by overscan, so that's unlikely unless he actually took a photo of his monitor to get those images.
OK.  We're even now.  I won't make any more lawyer comments.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 04:56:48 pm »

;D
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up