INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FIXED: Convolver Plug in hangs ... suggestions?  (Read 4356 times)

brucemck2

• Junior Woodchuck
FIXED: Convolver Plug in hangs ... suggestions?
« on: September 08, 2007, 01:46:46 pm »

Going into the Registry files and deleting Convolver entries, then reinstalling Convolver, seemed to fix this issue. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I managed to get the Convolver plug in working in the DX host plug in for JR12 in an XP SP2 environment.

Intent was to implement sophisticated room correction that others have implemented in Foobar and other players (SlimDevices).

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=convolver

I had the whole chain working well.

At some point I entered in an unworkable value into Convolver and the system "hung".  There is a tab in Convolver that's called "Tuning Rigor" that I set to "Patient" and it hung and hasn't worked since.

I had to terminate J River via the Task Manager.

If I fully uninstall Convolver using the XP uninstall system all is well again.

But here's the odd thing I'm looking for help with:

If I reinstall Convolver but don't add it to my plug ins list, or even have the plug ins check marked (so that no plug ins are active) J River still hangs: It hangs when I attempt to get to the Tools / Options / DSP and Output Format page .... it won't load that page and I have to terminate J River from the Task Manager.

There must be some "lingering flag" or something that makes J River think the Convolver plug in is active ... otherwise how would it even know it was there after a complete uninstall and reinstall?

brucemck2

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Convolver Plug in hangs ... suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 06:35:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure this is a J River and not a Convolver issue: I've managed to get Convolver to work fine in Windows Media Player, and, in WinAmp.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Convolver Plug in hangs ... suggestions?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 07:01:50 pm »

I don't see where on there website it works with Media Center.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

brucemck2

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: FIXED: Convolver Plug in hangs ... suggestions?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 09:57:08 pm »

"*two DirectX/DirectShow filter versions — ConvolverWrapper or the equivalent ConvolverFilter — for Adobe Audition and real time applications such as Zoom Player Pro, TheaterTek 2.2, Windows Media Player Classic, JRiver Media Center (when used with the DirectX host plug-in), or Console. See the setup walkthrough for ZoomPlayer after reading this page for further details. In many cases the DMO (Convolver DSP plug-in will also work)."

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=592615

I'm going to use JuiceHifi's AudioLens to create correction filters for room correction parametric EQ, run within MC12 DirectX host plug in.  You can also do digital crossovers, etc., with that same package.

NiToNi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 06:31:26 pm »

Brucemck2,

I am also going to use AudioLense with MC12.

Do you have the same issue as mentioned in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=42086.0

Also, which registry entries did you delete (or how did you find them and knew which ones to delete)?

francisr6

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 07:56:57 am »

I cut and paste the previous post that was :

I managed to get the Convolver plug in working in the DX host plug in for JR12 in an XP SP2 environment.

Intent was to implement sophisticated room correction that others have implemented in Foobar and other players (SlimDevices).

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=convolver

I had the whole chain working well.

At some point I entered in an unworkable value into Convolver and the system "hung".  There is a tab in Convolver that's called "Tuning Rigor" that I set to "Patient" and it hung and hasn't worked since.

I had to terminate J River via the Task Manager.

If I fully uninstall Convolver using the XP uninstall system all is well again.

But here's the odd thing I'm looking for help with:

If I reinstall Convolver but don't add it to my plug ins list, or even have the plug ins check marked (so that no plug ins are active) J River still hangs: It hangs when I attempt to get to the Tools / Options / DSP and Output Format page .... it won't load that page and I have to terminate J River from the Task Manager.

The only diferences i have are : windows vista and MC13 instead XPand MC 12.

Unfortunately i do not see the solution even if this is marked as fixed !!! I can uninstall convolver and reinstall withou changes, MC13 crashes when i go to Tools / Options / DSP

Does somebody kno how to solve this issue ? Thanks.

francisr6

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 08:31:45 am »

After 10 minutes of fighting it is solved, may be this can be usefull to somebody.
i went in in regedit to see/edit registry.
HKEY-CURRENT_USER/Software/Convolver/DirectShow Filter

Then i deleted the FilterFileName entry (Not sure this has to be deleted)
Ten i set PlanningRigour entry to 1 (that is Tunning Rigour set to measure)

This solves the crash but does still not allow the use of all features of convolver with MC13.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 08:35:44 am »

Thanks for posting what you found.
Pages: [1]   Go Up