INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting track info skin as default  (Read 4763 times)

trevgrif

• Recent member
Setting track info skin as default
« on: December 03, 2007, 02:19:29 am »

How do I set a track info skin as the now playing default? It seems you can only set it for each MC (12) session.

trevgrif

• Recent member
Re: Setting track info skin as default
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 01:09:41 am »

I would really like to know how I set track info templates as defaults. Everytime I use MC I have to select the Ocean template for my now playing screen. Can one save this display setting?

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 07:26:27 am »

I haven't had to do anything special and it remembers my track info every time. Just right-click on the Playing Now display and select the track info you want to use.
Jeff

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 08:51:04 am »

I know how to het the Ocean track info scheme to display - as you say by right clicking the now playing display and selecting the track info scheme. What I am trying to find out is whether there is a way of the Ocean scheme coming up automatically without having to select it everytime you play something new. Llike when you start MC Jukebox 12, the blue steel skin starts up automatically. The Ocean or whatever scheme you choose should be linked to this start up process. My default playing now screen is blank with the cover art in the centre.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 10:39:09 am »

I'm not sure what's going on, it should "stick" after you set it. Did you try any other settings? Does it happen with all of them?

j

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 12:37:00 pm »

Hi John

It does it with all the track info schemes - ocean, simple, etc. When you stop the now playing song and return to the main audio screen and then select a new song, the scheme is already gone - just blank screen and cover art in the middle. I tried saving my view layout under view>view settings>view layout>save current layout without any change.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:45:21 pm »

Which version of MC are you running?

j

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 02:26:47 pm »

Jukebox 12. I am also running the trial version of MC12 on another computer and it does the same thing.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 02:32:15 pm »

Please post your system info for Media Center. I need the full version.

Also the same for Media Jukebox.

j

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 02:36:34 pm »

MC12: Intel 3 gig, 1 gig ram, windows XP Professional
Jukebox: Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 (2.4 gig), 3 gig ram, Windows XP Home

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 02:43:12 pm »

Start MC, go to Help->System Info, copy and paste the info from there to here. Thanks -- j

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 02:56:26 pm »

Sorry. Excuse my ignorance!

Media Jukebox 12.0.10 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 2396 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1635 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:

Other computer:
mc12:

Media Center 12.0.329 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2990 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 753 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-252B    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:372  MaxSpeed:372  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 02:59:54 pm »

Update both programs.

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 03:07:38 pm »

I updated Jukebox 12. All the update does is update the default webpages. The result though is the same. Is there not a procedure to make the trackinfo scheme permanent or does Jukebox 'remember' the last scheme used, like the megaskin Blue Steel?

DarkPenguin

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 03:15:54 pm »

Did you update via Help->Check for updates or did you grab the latest from here ...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=44394.0

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 03:42:31 pm »

I firstly updated through Help, but have now downloaded the latest through your link. I noted the plug-in manager, but under track info it expects .dll files. When I download a new track info plug-in, there is no .dll file to load / select.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 03:47:12 pm »

All you need to do is update Media Center and Media Jukebox.

j

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 03:57:59 pm »

Thanks. I can see the problem will be solved now, but why are the plug-ins on the website in a different format, or alternatively, why can't I find / install the track info plug-ins I've downloaded.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 04:13:03 pm »

Ocean (and several others) come with MC or MJ by default. You get them when you install the program.

The website has third party plug-ins, not default plug-ins.

j

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 04:26:34 pm »

Do you mean that the downloads on the website only work with previous versions of Jukebox, not the latest one?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 04:44:59 pm »

No: they are "third party". They are written by other people to work with Media Center or Media Jukebox. Not by JRiver.

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 05:00:04 pm »

If I understand correctly, since Jukebox uses what seems to be a new display interface, I need to wait for new plug-ins to be developed and posted on the website. I do not understand though why the downloads actually load successfully (at least according to the dialog box) but there is no sign of them. Thanks for your patience!

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 01:24:09 am »

I found something rather interesting. After downloading and installing the updated Jukebox 12, all albums ripped in mp3 format display the ocean track info scheme. All albums ripped in Apple Lossless display the default track info scheme. With the mp3 files, you get a different pop up when you right click in the now playing pane - you can change the track info scheme or change to visualizations, etc. When a Apple Lossless file is playing, the pop up is different and does not allow changes to the now playing pane. Why should this be?

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 02:00:41 am »

I also found that .wma files work the same way as the mp3 files. Does this not have something to do with the encoders? MJ uses an External Encoder plugin (is it Nero command line AAC-MP4 encoder without tagging support?). All other encoders that are built into MJ provide the proper track info display, except for m4a (apple lossless). Is there a way to sort this out by downloading an appropriate encoder?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 05:56:11 am »

The selected track info template should reappear when one of the internally decoded audio file types is played. It works for me - even after restarting MC12 or MJ12.

Apple Losless (ALAC) is not one of these file types. MC12 and MJ12 need to use an external decoder for playing it and also the used display mode is different.

You may want to try the DirectShow playback method for ALAC. Here is some info about it:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=42780.msg291628#msg291628

BTW, encoders are used only for encoding (i.e for creating new files). The component that reads and decodes (i.e. decompresses) files is called "decoder".

I have not tried any plug-ins with MJ12 yet, but possibly some plug-ins that are designed for MC don't recognize MJ12 even though they could work with MJ12 as well. Can you name the plug-ins that didn't work?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

trevgrif

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 06:22:15 am »

I tried the following track info plug ins: Best, nnth track info, Push's Blue Steel. The problem seems to be that JR plug in manager is expecting a .dll file, and none of the downloadable plug ins on the J River web site are .dll files. All that happens is that they install themselves into the Media Jukebox 12>Visualizations>track info folder in program files. They are accessible when playing a file where the decoder is internal, but not for Apple lossless. It appears to me that one needs a special track info .dll file developed for use with these files. As mentioned before, when you right click in the now playing pane when a mp3 file is playing, you can select and change the track info scheme which also sticks. One gets a different pop-up when playing apple files.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 07:02:41 am »

One gets a different pop-up when playing apple files.

That's what I meant by "different display mode". When Apple's QuickTime component is used for decoding and playback MJ12 (or MC12) doesn't have access to the output after QT is instructed to play the file. MC can only display the video output of the QT component, which can show QT videos or embedded cover art if the QT decoder happens to support the used format.

The DirectShow method makes possible to use the standard display mode and some other useful features like DSP Studio.

More info is here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/MP4_and_M4A_File_Support
and here: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up