INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upnp, smartlists & roku soundbridge  (Read 1365 times)

rozz3r

• Recent member
upnp, smartlists & roku soundbridge
« on: January 05, 2008, 02:20:41 pm »

I use the upnp server with my Roku SoundBridge, but one area that never seems to work is smartlists. Everytime I try to browse my smartlists, I get the following error message on the Roku: "Failed to load browse data. Invalid results received".

All other areas of the upnp server seem to be working flawlessly, and I have had smartlists working in the past, but they now seem permanently broken.

I'm currently on 12.0.388.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: upnp, smartlists & roku soundbridge
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 02:46:03 pm »

Did you try updating MC?  12.0.404 is current.

rozz3r

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 03:25:41 pm »

I should have seen that coming ;)

Just updated to 404, but the problem persists.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:38:20 pm »

I need more info. My system has "Playlists", which includes both playlists and smartlists, works just fine. I use smartlists all the time (including right now).

Can you give a more step-by-step description of what you are doing and how it goes wrong?

Thanks,

j

rozz3r

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 03:03:15 am »

Sure. My system has "Playlists" too, which contain both playlists and smartlists. Playlists work fine, smartlists don't.

When I try to access smartlists on the roku,  I get the "waiting for reply... (EXIT to cancel)" screen. Then nothing for a couple of minutes, followed by the "Failed to load browse data. Invalid results received" screen.

On the upnp server log, I get the following:

Code: [Select]
01/06/08 08:51:29 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 0()
01/06/08 08:51:34 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 4(Playlists)
01/06/08 08:51:36 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 69(Playlists\Smartlists)

On a very odd occasion, the smartlists will actually work (maybe one time in twenty), so I'm guessing it is a timeout issue, but when it does work the reply is almost instant. I don't have a huge amount of smartlists, just the defaults plus a few. My network isn't clogged, and the roku+media centre combo works flawlessly otherwise.

Another thing to note is that when is DOES occasionally work, I can ALWAYS then play the chosen smartlist without a problem. The issue is ONLY with browsing smartlists to begin with.

I hope that helps. Thanks.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 09:58:45 am »

Can you try to narrow it down to one smartlist? Create a new playlist group, copy your smartlists to there, and start eliminating them (eliminating half at a time is the quickest way).

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up