INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown Artist / Unknown Album still finding cover art  (Read 1232 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
Unknown Artist / Unknown Album still finding cover art
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:57:44 pm »

A while back we discussed preventing cover art lookup from finding anything when the track is "Unknown Artist" and/or "Unknown Album", but it's still happening. The cover art is different from a few weeks ago. I suggested either forcing a blank result when "Unknown" is in the search, or forcing a fixed blank or empty cover art .jpg.

This problem, in-turn, results from MC not finding a CD that is being ripped, and instead of providing a direct way to edit the information, the only option is to go ahead and rip the "unknown" or not rip, then migrate to another way to edit the CD's info, then go back to ripping.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: Unknown Artist / Unknown Album still finding cover art
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 01:28:54 pm »

Thanks for catching this - my test for unknown artist names wasn't working correctly.
I'm cleaning up the db right now.

j

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 01:50:53 pm »

... MC not finding a CD that is being ripped, and instead of providing a direct way to edit the information, the only option is to go ahead and rip the "unknown"
At that point, you can cancel the rip, right click on the CD drive under Drives and Devices, and edit the info.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 01:52:27 pm »

Give it a try now...

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up