INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB 'send' odd behavior  (Read 1527 times)

damian_pentney

YADB 'send' odd behavior
« on: July 28, 2008, 04:34:28 pm »

I have consistently had about 50% success rate in looking up track info from YADB. This weekend, after ripping a disc (Samantha Mumba - Gotta Tell You) and having YADB lookup the track info, YADB returned info for 3 out of the 15 tracks on the album. So after manually importing the tags for the other 12 tracks, I tried to upload (send) the data back to YADB. To my surprise it only uploaded 2 of the 12.

I understand that there could be differences from things like Album versions (i.e. Japan vs. Europe vs. US versions which are often different), but if that was the case, I would have thought that it would have uploaded the info for all of the tracks, not just 2? I thought this was odd.

Could this somehow be related to my low hit rate when I try to 'download' or 'get' track info?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: YADB 'send' odd behavior
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 04:44:02 pm »

When you ripped the disc, did YADB successfully look up the disc info? This should have done the track info for you.

Track Info is constantly getting better, but is not as complete as disc info. A 50% track info rate is quite good.

j

damian_pentney

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 05:20:13 pm »

Disc info....no, it was unsuccessful. Can I share this too to help populate the database?

The bit that confused me was why YADB wouldn’t take all of the track info that I offered to it [which it apparently did not already have].

I'm all in favor of trying to get this to work..... sharing my manual tags should = less hassle for others, and hopefully vice versa.

This wasn't a criticism by the way.....just want to maximize productivity! It would be nice to be able to see a little more on the lookup process…i.e. the track lookup found 3 tracks….was this matching tracks from a different album (such as a compilation)…the dialog boxes are quite vague on the results.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 09:31:19 pm »

The disc info would definitely help in almost all cases.

Track info relies on the disc having been already entered, if it hasn't (or has been entered incorrectly), then the track submission will fail.

I'm not sure why the disc info didn't work: Samantha Mamba has an album named "Gotta Tell You" in the database. Is it a store-bought copy? Home burned? How many tracks?

j

damian_pentney

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 09:46:39 pm »

Store bought original, but import - 15 tracks vs the US version which had 14 I think.

I'm farely new to all this, so excuse my ignorance, by CD info, do you mean Album name ? and if not,  how do I add CD info ?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 11:11:30 am »

There's a bunch of entries that should match. Could you post the track lengths here?

Disc info is album name, artist, and track title plus optional artist for each track on the disc.
To edit it, stick the disc in the drive, and there's a button to click.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up