INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.528  (Read 3902 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.528
« on: July 31, 2008, 10:11:19 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120528.exe

12.0.528 (7/29/2008)

1. Fixed: Values with quotes in them could cause problems during pane multi-select.
2. Fixed: Trying to decode a JMX file without a JMX input plugin loaded could cause a dead-lock.
3. Fixed: Tagging a CUE file database entry could cause the source file to get renamed.
4. Changed: Upgraded iPod database writing to match iTunes 7.7.
5. Fixed: The last played date of "never played" was not supported properly on the iPod.
6. Changed: Revised number handling so that a numeric field that evaluates to zero will show the field's empty display value.
7. Changed: Retry limit for podcasts increased to 1000.
8. Fixed: Pasting in the image editor when a portion of the paste was outside the image could crash.
9. Fixed: "Play in Media Center" from Explorer could drop files if multiple files were selected with Media Center not running.
10. Fixed: Invalid JPEG files that contained multiple images encoded into one file without proper end markers could cause a crash.

12.0.527 (7/24/2008)

1. Fixed: Toolbar buttons wouldn't highlight as expected if the mouse left the window and returned to the same button.
2. NEW: When picking an external cover art name, video and document types use "[Media Type] - [Name]" instead of "[Artist] - [Album]".
3. Fixed: When hiding the tree in a library view, the view settings drop menu would not work.
4. Fixed: Some keys like up and down were not working properly in all lists.
5. Fixed: In place edit controls could run off the edge of the list in certain cases.

12.0.526 (7/22/2008)

1. Fixed: Green Eyes skin didn't render edit controls properly.
2. Optimized: Edit control for notes, comments, and other large fields could be sluggish.
3. Fixed: Space bar wouldn't toggle checkboxes as expected in some lists.
4. Changed: Update Czech translation (thanks JohnnyB).
5. Fixed: CD / DVD files would not be properly excluded from tagging, and so could show an error.
6. Fixed: Converting a CUE file with a semi-colon in the name field could create an invalid file.
7. Changed: iPhone 3G devices are ignored (for now). (if your iPhone 3G still shows up, please contribute here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36033.0 )

12.0.525 (7/16/2008)

1. Fixed: Loading JPEGs encoded with 411 sampling at a small size could look incorrect.
2. Fixed: Changing tags and a filename while a file was playing could cause one of the changes to not get applied.
3. Fixed: APE decoder could error in rare cases.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.528
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 10:19:40 am »

Crossposted because (of course) you released this seconds after I finished posting.  I'm seeing some weird behavior with the OSD and the "Position" display.  I can't easily reproduce it though, so who knows... I'll just explain what happened.

This morning I was on my way into work, listening to a podcast on my laptop in the car.  I had Playing Now set up with two different podcasts, since I was most of the way through one and it would end before I got all the way in.  So Playing Now was set up like this:

1. TWiT 153: blah, blah blah
2. Windows Weekly 69: blah blah blah
3. TWiT 152
4. TWiT 151
etc

Just as the episode of TWiT 153 was ending, I used the Playing Now OSD menu to skip ahead to the Windows Weekly file.  It just so happened that just as I did this, it started crossfading between the two files (so they were both playing).  I then brought up the "Position" OSD in order to skip ahead through the music intro of the Windows Weekly podcast (intros are annoying).  The OSD did something VERY weird though...

It showed this:

Position
01:54:06 / 49:13

I wasn't able to 30sec ahead skip at all.  Hitting both left and right on the keyboard did nothing, but the Windows Weekly podcast kept playing.  I let the OSD go away and brought it back up and it said the same thing.  It was like "stuck" half-way in between the two files.  I then flipped the OSD to the Playing Now and hit "back" (left), which restarted the Windows Weekly file, and then it all went back to normal.

I think it must have gotten confused somehow by the timing of my file switch.  Either way, it was very disorienting (luckily I was stopped at the time in my car).  I've not been able to reproduce it, which is why I think it must have to do with precise timing.

Either way... Weird.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 10:21:18 am »

3. Fixed: When hiding the tree in a library view, the view settings drop menu would not work.
4. Fixed: Some keys like up and down were not working properly in all lists.

THANK YOU!
dc

MusicHawk

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 10:35:28 am »

In quick testing, the behavior of tag lists seems to be back to normal, and my slight grip on sanity is improving. Thank you!
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 10:40:03 am »

I have my movie/DVD files tagged with nested keywords to represent multiple genres: ex. "Keywords\Genre\Action", "Keywords\Genre\Comedy".  When I browse keywords in TheaterView the file is shown multiple times - it seems once for each nested keyword.  For example, when browsing keywords for my movies I drill down into Genre and then if I drill down into "Action" I will see the same movie listed twice if it has 2 nested "genres", 3 times if it has 3, etc.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 10:43:38 am »

I've posted a lenghty error description in the old build's thread, too. There seems to be no related item in the changelog, so i assume the problem is in this build, too.

There seems to be a rather serious bug in the lyrics editor/tag function. See here for details.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 10:57:07 am »

I've posted a lenghty error description in the old build's thread, too. There seems to be no related item in the changelog, so i assume the problem is in this build, too.
Please test the most recent build before (re-)reporting a problem.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 12:14:56 pm »

I did. The problem is still there, which is not at all surprising.

My post describing the problem was at 07:15am. The new build was posted at 10:57am. JRiver's coding department may be fast, but i don't think they're _that_ fast.

MusicHawk

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 03:33:34 pm »

Mouse wheel anomaly when editing lists, changed from prior release...

The Up/Down arrow keys now work to move through the list, as does the scroll bar. But the mouse wheel used to also scroll the list. Now, when editing a field in a view, the mouse wheel doesn't scroll the list that has focus, instead it scrolls the entire view, which blows the focus right out of the list. Disconcerting...

The mouse wheel works as before when editing a list in the Tag windows, so the problem is only when doing this in a view.

Also, still lamented is the loss of dynamic searching/matching while typing into a lists edit field. It's possible to jump through the list by typing a letter or two, but it used to be (a few versions ago and for many versions before that) possible to start typing in the edit field and MC would start to match it with values already in the list -- quite a time saver and good for avoiding typos.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 10:08:56 am »

While watching images with music playing I noticed 2 bugs:

- the last fm plugin submits several times the same song in this configuration. I think it comes from the switch of zones when you watch images. As i look different images by entering and exiting display view, this zone switch happens several times.
- In thumbnails view I often select 2 or more images (with ctrl key) to compare them. After my selection made, if I hit the enter key, the images are not displayed (the black action bar of display view appears for a second and then nothing happens). I have to right click and select play for this to work.

Guillaume

MusicHawk

Filename change bug still exists in .528
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 06:33:11 pm »

I'm using 12.0.528 and just encountered that "silent rename" bug that we'd hoped was banished.

I ripped a CD. YADB found it and provided the track info. But one track's name was wrong, so I edited the Name to correct it -- and triggered the bug which broke the database-file connection.

YADB Name: "Jtq Theme"
Correct Name: "J.T.Q. Theme"

As I finished fixing the Name, by deleting "Jtq" and then typing in "J.T.Q." MC instantly reported it couldn't find the file. This is the "silent rename" bug, which changes the database's Filename without actually renaming the file -- so it gets "lost".

In MC, the Filename is now: M:\Temp\CDrips\The James Taylor Quartet - The Soul of Jazz (Vol 5)\The James Taylor Quartet - The Soul of Jazz (Vol 5) - 14 - J.T.Q. Theme.mp3

But the actual Filename is still: M:\Temp\CDrips\The James Taylor Quartet - The Soul of Jazz (Vol 5)\The James Taylor Quartet - The Soul of Jazz (Vol 5) - 14 - Jtq Theme.mp3

To be clear: I did not touch the Filename field, I edited the Name field. MC on its own changed the Filename field.

CLUE TO THE BUG: It doesn't apply my Rename/Move expression, which would have completely changed the path and filename to be very different. It doesn't even apply the filename portion of the Expression. The bug seems to just change a few characters in the Filename field, the same characters that got changed in the Name field, but that breaks the database-file connection. Are they sharing the same text-editng buffer? I'm working in the Recently Ripped view.

ANOTHER CLUE: I also edited the Album name slightly for all the tracks in the rip, and the artist name of another track, but even though these are also part of the existing Filenames, that change didn't trigger the bug.

The bug seems tied only to editing the Name field. I ripped several CDs today, and edited the Name field of several, and this is the only time (that I know of) that the bug got triggered. I did not play the track before editing the Name.

In case it matters, my Rename/Move expressions are:

Base Path:
if( isequal([Rank],3,5),music,musicminor)\FixCase([Genre]\Mid([Artists],0,1),4)

Filename;
FixCase(Mid([Artists],0,20) - [Name],4)

After I finish fixing tags and reviewing the tracks, I explicity run Rename/Move which applies these expressions.

To recover from the bug's damage, as reported before, I can't fix it by typing in the Filename field, but I can fix it by pasting in the entire real file path.

UPDATE: It happened again. YADB had Name and Artist values swapped, so I copied Artist to the end of the Name value, then cut+pasted the first part of the Name value into Artist. BAM -- lost the file because MC changed the Filename field a bit but not the actual file. Fixable the usual way -- copy the full path+filename into the Filename field.

MusicHawk

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 09:35:55 pm »

Another MC-goes-dormant experience to report....

I ripped a CD. I walked away as it was ripping, and didn't return to MC for 3 hours. MC seemed to be frozen solid -- no response to any click, key, nothing...

After about 5 minutes of trying, MC suddenly started to respond. This is similar to how MC often (but not always) "plays dead" after being left open all night.

In other apps with seemingly-similar situations, one cause was a looping process that had a slow memory leak.

What could be causing this in MC?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 09:40:19 pm »

Another MC-goes-dormant experience to report....

I ripped a CD. I walked away as it was ripping, and didn't return to MC for 3 hours. MC seemed to be frozen solid -- no response to any click, key, nothing...

After about 5 minutes of trying, MC suddenly started to respond. This is similar to how MC often (but not always) "plays dead" after being left open all night.

In other apps with seemingly-similar situations, one cause was a looping process that had a slow memory leak.

What could be causing this in MC?

I think this one is something else.  Virus checker is always a good guess.  Drive gone to sleep, etc.  Please start a thread on it.  See if you can reproduce on any other PC.

stubbsy

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 09:41:26 pm »

4. Changed: Upgraded iPod database writing to match iTunes 7.7.

I took this to mean it should now work with iPhone 3G, but maybe that's wrong.  I've just updated to iTunes 7.7.1 and then installed MC 528.  When I launch MC and expand Drives & Devices I get the dialog "iTunes Data incompatability found" " Another program transferring files to youir iPod is writing data in a newer format (Unknown) than the one currently supported by Media Center (Unknown)..."

I then closed the dialog and quit MC immediately.  I then launched iTunes again which told me my iPhone was corrupt and needed to be restored - I'm getting well practiced at that (;-)  So either MC is still broken or it was fixed and iTunes 7.7.1 may have broken it again grrrr

Bottom line is 528 corrupts iPhone 3g's the moment you expand the drives and devices section in the same way earlier versions did.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 12:05:59 pm »

1.  The "Move / Copy Fields..." dialog doesn't honor the custom name of renamed fields.
Take a look here for more detailed Info.

2.  Trying to copy mp3s from a CD to another location using "Rename, Copy, and Move Files" doesn't work but gives the message
"Not all of the selected tracks can be renamed."
So if I have a mp3-CD I first have to copy all mp3 to a writetable Drive and then move (or copy) all files using some rules in "Rename, Copy, and Move Files".

3.  One minor thing: Changing the volume without using MCs slider (eg. by using a remote control or the vista volume control) doesn't update the slider position in MC until MC gets minimized&restored or until the mouse moves near the top part of MCs window.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 12:51:51 pm »

I took this to mean it should now work with iPhone 3G, but maybe that's wrong.  I've just updated to iTunes 7.7.1 and then installed MC 528.  When I launch MC and expand Drives & Devices I get the dialog "iTunes Data incompatability found" " Another program transferring files to youir iPod is writing data in a newer format (Unknown) than the one currently supported by Media Center (Unknown)..."

I then closed the dialog and quit MC immediately.  I then launched iTunes again which told me my iPhone was corrupt and needed to be restored - I'm getting well practiced at that (;-)  So either MC is still broken or it was fixed and iTunes 7.7.1 may have broken it again grrrr

Bottom line is 528 corrupts iPhone 3g's the moment you expand the drives and devices section in the same way earlier versions did.

Please note this history entry:
7. Changed: iPhone 3G devices are ignored (for now). (if your iPhone 3G still shows up, please contribute here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36033.0 )

Your help in the thread mentioned in the history would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up