INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synchronize Zones questions  (Read 1905 times)

jkemers

• Recent member
Synchronize Zones questions
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:30:20 pm »

Hi,

I have media PC with optical and anologue exits, and have created two zones. I can chose what I play in which zone, and can synchronize them through normal Zone Manager menu. But when I restart the MC they are not synchronized again.

1. As I use my media PC in Theather mode only, I would like to get them sychornized the permamently. Is that possible? 2. In theather view I can select zones, but I don't see how to synchornize them. Can I somehow configure Theather view, to allow the Synchronize option nicely with MCE remote control or Theather view menu?

Janis

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Synchronize Zones questions
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:49:14 am »

Zone synchronization is a one-off action.  It doesn't keep zones locked together.

Locking zones together permanently is something we'd like to do, but there are several complications like using hardware with slightly different clocks, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jkemers

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:40:25 pm »

Thank's for clarification on locking!

Is it possible in the Theather view instead of always going all the long route in playing now menu to select the zones, in some way to assign the selection of one or another zone to a simple remote control command?
I could then program it, and by pressing one key on remote control get the right zone selected.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:51:50 pm »

Media Center 13 has some remote handling in Options > Remote Control.

You can also set zones on the command line if you're using a third-party remote program.

Media Center 14 has a major upgrade to remote control handling so you might take a look at it if you're doing remote work.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jkemers

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 05:30:00 pm »

Thanks!
1. I Have now MC13. Options in Remote Control looks great - I see here even comand for Zone 1 and Zone 2. But as MC13 doesn't support MCE remote, I can't use it.
2. I tested MC14. Great - it supports MCE romote! But It's very betta still. In Theather view letter from song lists in album play menu jump over other letters. Also learning of commands doesn't work yet, and sometimes crush the MC14. It's early to put it on the TV in living room. It's too unstable for my wife - if you understand what I mean... ;-)
3. I could use MC13 in combination of Intelliremote until MC14 is more stable. However, what commands should I send to MC13 from Intelliremote to switch one or another Zone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 05:37:49 pm »

Thanks!
2. I tested MC14. Great - it supports MCE romote! But It's very betta still. In Theather view letter from song lists in album play menu jump over other letters. Also learning of commands doesn't work yet, and sometimes crush the MC14.
Learning for remotes does work in MC14.  Make sure you have the latest build.  Draft instructions for this are on the MC14 board here.

If you have questions, please post them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up