INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there separate "activation" counts for V13 and v14  (Read 889 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Are there separate "activation" counts for V13 and v14
« on: October 05, 2009, 10:39:08 am »

Morning!

Done a bunch of tesing - and I am getting close to pulling the trigger on v14...but I had a question on activations. I know we get 10 per year - but if I have installed v13 a few times this year - thereby reducing my activation count - is there a separate "new" 10 activations for a new v14 upgrade purchase.

Reason I ask - is that I have been installing/reinstalling getting ready for Windows 7 and to be honest - I have no idea how many activations I have left for v13 right now.

Also - when exactly does the activation count roll over to a fresh 10? At the purchase anniversary date? Jan 1? When?

Finally - does one's activations stay "active" for an older version? Can't see why I would revert back to v13 - but if I buy v14 and install it...and use it for 6 months and then suddenly decide I need to go back to v13 - can I? Or do those activations run out eventually?

Appreciate an update.

Cheers!

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Are there separate "activation" counts for V13 and v14
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 11:26:49 am »

... I had a question on activations. I know we get 10 per year - but if I have installed v13 a few times this year - thereby reducing my activation count - is there a separate "new" 10 activations for a new v14 upgrade purchase.
Yes.  You get 10 restores per year per license.  MC13 and MC14 are two different licenses.
Reason I ask is that I have been installing/reinstalling getting ready for Windows 7
You can extend the life of each restore by using the full 30 day trial period before restoring.  Then use the Install Key you receive when you restore for the next 14 days.
Also - when exactly does the activation count roll over to a fresh 10? At the purchase anniversary date? Jan 1? When?
A year after it was used.  If you use one on March 17, you get another one on March 17 the following year.
Finally - does one's activations stay "active" for an older version? Can't see why I would revert back to v13 - but if I buy v14 and install it...and use it for 6 months and then suddenly decide I need to go back to v13 - can I? Or do those activations run out eventually?
They are independant of each other.  The new license doesn't cancel the old one.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up