INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backup and Restore  (Read 1117 times)

DeafBeef

Backup and Restore
« on: May 27, 2010, 02:54:12 pm »

Hello, just purchased the MC and updated MC14 to 15.0.49. I think I found a bug.
Not sure where to post a bug report so here it is:

I forgot to associate .CUE files with the MC during the installation and
now I can't enable it via Tools -> Options -> File Types.

Every time I launch the MC after exiting it, the CUE association gets unchecked in the UI.
I need to import some FLAC+CUE files and I think I need this association to work.
Please let me know if there is any work around.

One more thing: I was hoping that MC15 would pick up MC14 settings, but it failed to do so.
A bit annoying from the end user point of view. Check box in the install dialog like
"Import settings from MC14" would be helpful. Not a deal breaker obviously.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Backup and Restore
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 03:25:10 pm »

Hello, just purchased the MC and updated MC14 to 15.0.49. I think I found a bug.
Not sure where to post a bug report so here it is:

I forgot to associate .CUE files with the MC during the installation and
now I can't enable it via Tools -> Options -> File Types.

Every time I launch the MC after exiting it, the CUE association gets unchecked in the UI.
I need to import some FLAC+CUE files and I think I need this association to work.
Please let me know if there is any work around.

One more thing: I was hoping that MC15 would pick up MC14 settings, but it failed to do so.
Check box in the install dialog like "Import settings from MC14" would be helpful.
The settings can be imported when you restore a backup from MC14.  See File/Library/Backup and Restore.

If you want to import cue files, that's set in the Auto Import options under Tools.

Welcome.  I may move your post to a separate thread.  This is a good place to post bugs, but not for discussion.

DeafBeef

Backup and Restore
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 06:05:48 pm »

> The settings can be imported when you restore a backup from MC14. 
> See File/Library/Backup and Restore.

Thank you for Backup/Restore tip. I had an impression that it is for library only.

> If you want to import cue files, that's set in the Auto Import options under Tools.

Yes, found it! Thank you. I guess "File Types" have no correlation with the import.
Confusing.

> Welcome.  I may move your post to a separate thread.  This is a good place to post bugs,
> but not for discussion.

Sorry, no discussions anymore ;-) But not saving Options on App exit is a bug. Right?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Backup and Restore
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 06:27:45 pm »

Backups are made automatically by MC, and you could restore an MC14 library (with or without settings) in MC15 if you wanted to.

You're right about the confusion on file types.  We'll see if we can add messaging.

Please feel free to discuss as much as you like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up