INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 14.0.166  (Read 85039 times)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Media Jukebox 14.0.166
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2011, 12:42:26 pm »

Hey. Anyone know how to change the speed at which CDs can be burned? Can't seem to find it in the latest version of MJ. Thanks.

Does this not exist?

I don't have MJ on a system w/a drive that burns (its in a virtual machine), so this is from MC16.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

BigEd

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2011, 07:01:19 pm »

All well & good, but the numbers don't mean anything to me. I was looking for the burn speeds as Fastest, Fast, Slow, Slowest, etc.

MrC

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2011, 07:20:02 pm »

All well & good, but the numbers don't mean anything to me. I was looking for the burn speeds as Fastest, Fast, Slow, Slowest, etc.

These 1x, 2x, etc. multipliers are standard and are based on original CD-ROM speeds.

1x means the original rate, or 150kbps/sec.  2x is double that.  24x is 24 times the original.

For more info, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-ROM#Transfer_rates

BigEd

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2011, 09:21:50 pm »

I don't mean to sound dumb, but I am out of the loop when it comes to electronics and the lingo that goes with it. By default, the burn setting in my MJ is set at "Max". Can I assume that this is the "Fastest" burn setting? Would that also tell me that going to 1x would be a slower burn speed? Sorry to harp on this, but when I was using Windows Media Player, I went to "Burn Settings" and could choose Fastest or Fast or Slow, etc. So, would 2x be a slower burn speed than 1x? Again, sorry for not understanding and thanks.

MrC

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2011, 10:22:15 pm »

Max will be the fastest that the drive can support.  For any modern drive, that should be 48x.  MC will automatically throttle down as necessary to ensure a good burn.  1x would be the slowest speed.  The drive itself maintains is hard-coded list of the speeds it supports, and MC will get a list of these speeds.

The verbiage in WMP (eg. Fastest, Fast, Slow, etc.) is just a friendlier mapping of a range of numbers to names, albeit with less precision.

Zunigo

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 04:14:57 pm »

Hi,

I just migrated to a new PC, from XP to W7, and ashamed to say, I still used a very old MediaJukebox (7.1.241), but very much to my satisfaction. A modest functional player, but I don't like my PC to be like a Christmas-tree. Now on my new PC I downloaded this most recent version of MJ, but I am afraid I going to uninstall it. There a two reasons for this:

1.I can't play my MP3's anymore by right-clicking from Explorer (or it's W7 equivalent) by 'add to MediaJukebox playlist' (the option doesn't occur anymore, only add to playlist Windows Media Player. I've tried all options anf menu's and searched this forum on 'add to playlist' and 'explorer' to restore it, but can't  find it)

2.Almost five years ago, I downloaded a file which contained deliberately a couple of times a minute of slience (Anna Wise - High Performance Mind - Beta Mastery). These minutes of slience were skipped and I blamed the ripper, and every once and a while I spent some hours to try to find a better ripped version. Only to find out today it was MediaJukebox who skipped it (the file was correct), because Windows Media Player and VLC play it correctly. Some other minor skips in this file Mediajukebox performed were also gone.

I'm very sorry, for I was really attached to this player.

Greetings,

Frits,
Holland

MrC

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 04:33:46 pm »

...but I am afraid I going to uninstall it. There a two reasons for this:

1.I can't play my MP3's anymore by right-clicking from Explorer (or it's W7 equivalent) by 'add to MediaJukebox playlist' (the option doesn't occur anymore, only add to playlist Windows Media Player. I've tried all options anf menu's and searched this forum on 'add to playlist' and 'explorer' to restore it, but can't  find it)
This works fine.  Be sure you've associated the audio file types with MJ.  This occurs during install (you're asked which file types to associate with MJ), or you can change them later.

2....These minutes of slience were skipped and I blamed the ripper, and every once and a while I spent some hours to try to find a better ripped version. Only to find out today it was MediaJukebox who skipped it...

Go to Options->Audio and unselect "Do not play silence (leading and trailing)"

Zunigo

• Recent member
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 03:43:35 pm »

Thanks Mr.C for your quick repsonse. Problem 2 solved (could/should have figured this out myself) , but problem 1 still exists. I associated MP3 with MJ (via W7 as well as in MJ (which I reckon is the same)) but Explorer (W7) right-clicking on a MP3, although wants to play with MJ, only opts for adding to the playlist of Windows Media Player and not, as with my old player under XP, adding to the playlist of MJ.

MrC

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 05:02:01 pm »

Thanks Mr.C for your quick repsonse. Problem 2 solved (could/should have figured this out myself) , but problem 1 still exists. I associated MP3 with MJ (via W7 as well as in MJ (which I reckon is the same)) but Explorer (W7) right-clicking on a MP3, although wants to play with MJ, only opts for adding to the playlist of Windows Media Player and not, as with my old player under XP, adding to the playlist of MJ.

You're welcome.   I just confirmed again that it works correctly under XP, so at least you can feel comfortable that you're almost there.

Try uninstalling, reinstalling MJ.  Perhaps that will take care of associating the file types correctly.

If you have MC installed (and are not using it), uninstall it first, then uninstall/reinstall MJ.

Zunigo

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 08:02:06 pm »

Again, Mr. C thanks for quick responding.

I had no MC installed. But I uninstalled and reinstalled MJ again. Alas, no result. When, however, I made VLC player my default MP3 player, rightclicking in Explorer did offer me the option to add the MP3 to it's playlist. So I think the cause is in your player. I hope you have a solution because I prefer your soundquality to Bill's (after some hours of Windows Media Player) .

Gr.

Frits

MrC

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 08:11:03 pm »

No affiliation w/JRiver; I'm just a happy user like you.

I first read that you couldn't Play in MJ.  I see your asking about *adding* to the playlist.

Go to Options->General and under Shell Options check "Enable shell integration".  Quit MC and you'll see a Media Jukebox menu with sub-entries when you right-click on audio files.

Zunigo

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2011, 06:35:53 am »

Hi Mr.C,

I'm sorry, I see I didn't write it down unambiguously. The issue indeed is the ádding to the playlist.
The shell-integration, well, that one I had allready figured out (to show I tried my best), but after trying again, even restarting my PC; nope. Because it does work with VLC it must be a omission in MJ. I'm afraid a ten-year-relationship is going to end here, although I might check to see whether it is fixed.

Thanks anyway.

MrC

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2011, 10:36:03 am »

Hate to see you go (it almost sounds like you are looking for a reason to fly).

Adding to a playlist from Explorer does already work; I tried it just before I posted, and several times later in various ways.

If you're still here, let's get you up and running...

Zunigo

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2011, 08:22:54 am »

How do I post images? The button 'images' gives me but pasting doesn't give any result.

MrC

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2011, 10:29:03 am »

Images are shown here via uploading the image onto some external picture sharing site and then using the IMG tags to surround the image URL.  Pictures are shown inline then.  The IMG tags are in the toolbar above (2nd row, 2nd button), with tooltip "Insert Image".

This Media Jukebox section of the forum does not allow image uploads, which is allowed in other boards by users who have been members for some time.  These pictures show as attachments.

Zunigo

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2011, 12:22:20 pm »

Hi MrC,

It's not so much as wanting to fly, as well wanting to play  :-[

Well, look at the difference (it's in dutch, but I think it will be clear; translation: 'toevoegen' = to add, 'afspeellijst' = playlist)

(sorry 'bout the size, i wanted it to be readable)

VLC offers me what I want in - so to speak - one click of the button. I have spent already quite some time to get MJ to add MP3's to my playlist.

Would be great if you knew what makes the difference.

Gr.

Frits

MrC

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2011, 03:17:45 pm »

So you can see here that with

Options->General->Shell Options->Enable shell integration

enabled, a Media Jukebox sub-menu does appear:

It was a simple as installing the program with default options, going into Options and setting the shell integration option, and then right-clicking on audio files.

Try rebooting after setting that option (although it was not necessary here, now was quitting MJ).

Zunigo

• Recent member
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2011, 05:28:21 pm »

Hi MrC,

I already did enable shell integration (as you mentioned before), but tried it again and even rebooted my PC, but alas, I don't get the submenu. Maybe it's the language version of my W7 (mention that VLC adapts the language in the menu-options, but MJ doesn't), but being a Home Premium version I can't change the language. So I even installed a different file-handler (FreeCommander) , but this turned out not to work either (nor Dutch nor English). I'm afraid I will have to get used to select my files from within MJ to maintain my beloved sound quality. Thanks a lot for your patience and efforts.

Frits

MrC

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2011, 05:50:40 pm »

Could be a language thing.  And yet I see that the language file for Dutch exists, and has the following entries:

Code: [Select]
################################################################################################
#  Source Code > ShellExt
################################################################################################

Play selected files in
Speel geselekteerde bestanden in

Add to Playing Now
Voeg toe aan Huidige Speellijst

Append
Bijvoegen

Append selected files to Playing Now
Voeg geselekteerde bestanden toe aan Huidige Speellijst

Replace & Play
Vervangen & Spelen

Replace and Play selected files
Vervang en Speel geselekteerde bestanden

Import selected files into
Importeer geselekteerde bestanden in

Edit selected files with Media Editor
Bewerk geselekteerde bestanden met Media Editor

Please note, that I *did not* have the right-click context menu for MJ when other versions of MC were installed.  Perhaps the same thing is true when VLC is installed.   I see VLC is in your context menus.  If you wanted to test this out, uninstall VLC and MJ, then reinstall MJ.

Otherwise, perhaps one of the developers can comment.

Zunigo

• Recent member
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2011, 12:26:50 pm »

Hi MrC,

Tried your suggestion. Uninstalled VLC, Uninstalled MJ (Revo Uninstallere didn't like this) , reinstalled MJ, but still the same problem.
For me it's stops here. There's a limit to the amount of effort I am willing to go through to get a player to work. Thanks again for your patience and your efforts.

Frits.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2011, 12:34:00 pm »

Hi MrC,

... Revo Uninstallere didn't like this ...
What's that?

MrC

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2011, 03:14:39 pm »

Ok, well that's unfortunate.

But as JimH is suggesting, if you decided Revo knows better, how to install/uninstall programs, than the developers of those programs themselves, you're in for trouble.  Up until this point, we've been under the impression that you've followed recommended procedure.  All bets are off once you start mucking about.

Zunigo

• Recent member
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2011, 05:18:00 pm »

I think this is an unnecessary harsh response, and not very customer friendly.

First VS Revo uninstaller is broadly high rewarded and recommanded by several respected forums and computer magazines. Many programs leave a mess on your computer after uninstalling, which is a well known problem and a cause of slowing down computers. Moreover, during uninstalling it makes use of the uninstaller of the original manufacturer. So I think using Revo can't be blamed too easily. However, if you can convince me that my use of Revo is the cause of my problems with your Media Jukebox, I will of course humbly bow my head.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2011, 05:21:17 pm »

MrC isn't a representative of JRiver.  He's a user like yourself, and he was trying to help.

But I am, and I agree with him.  If you're using something special for uninstalling, it is definitely possible that the problem is related to it.

MrC

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2011, 05:25:58 pm »

Apologies, I meant no disrespect nor meant to be harsh.

I'm just a user like you, not one of the developers.

I'm not sure what else can be suggested to determine why your system is having trouble with a feature that appears to work.  I did the installations on a clean XP SP3 virtual machine, without additional software, so there's clearly something different between our systems.

Zunigo

• Recent member
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2011, 05:29:12 pm »

Thanks for your kind comments.

To be complete:

MJ was the first application I installed on a brandnew Windows 7 (64) computer.
OK, apparently I didn't check the shell integration box.
VLC and Revo Uninstaller were installed áfter I didn't get the right-click menu as shows up at MrC's
Today I uninstalled VLC (via the Windows Control Panel this time) and reinstalled MJ again. I chose the custom procedure but changed nothing, left all the checks and defaults intact (cover art, quick launch etc. I usually uncheck), set the shell intregration on. Alas, still no right-click menu. I even installed MJ14 on my old XP-machine and it didn't work there either.
Welll, I'll pop by in the future and try again.

chrisjj

Bugette: Media Libraries "Libraries" list doesn't show focus
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2011, 06:41:16 am »

1 Click Files, Library, Library Manager...
2 Looks for focus indicator

Expected: found.
Observed: not:

Down arrow confirms focus is on list, by showing the selection indicator.

Pressing TAB to leave and enter the control confirms no focus indicator is shown on the list.

EDIT: Also that dialog shows some failures of arrow keys to move focus:

1) On Delete, down arrow fails to reach Load - does nothing
2) On Load, up arrow fails to reach Delete - does nothing
3) On Exit, down arrow fails to reach Libraries - it goes to some hidden control

chrisjj

Bug: Last Exit View fails
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2011, 07:17:27 am »

See report at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65515.msg439592#msg439592 .

This is on Win XP SP2. And FWIW multiple libraries.

jibbler

• Recent member
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2011, 11:46:04 pm »

I haven't had much luck with my post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65639.0 so I'll ask in here.

Why is there limited information in the ID3 tag in MJ14.0.166 specifically it's missing the Composer field (others would also be useful)?? Is this available in MC16???

MrC

« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2011, 12:30:14 am »

I haven't had much luck with my post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65639.0 so I'll ask in here.

Why is there limited information in the ID3 tag in MJ14.0.166 specifically it's missing the Composer field (others would also be useful)?? Is this available in MC16???

I gave my own thoughts over there.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2011, 09:05:33 am »

JDM post split.

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2012, 03:35:57 pm »

Just downloaded latest version of Jukebox from site onto laptop running Windows7.  It opened once and I was trying to access music files that were already on an external harddrive that had been set up with another computer (which runs WindowsXP).   I thought I had directed Jukebox to the correct drive to access the existing music but it would not show anything when I went to "Albums", etc...screen areas stayed blank.

I would guess that I can use pre-existing external drive to feed Jukebox from 2 computers.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Frank Thompson

Want to Purchase Jukebox Program
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2012, 12:12:01 pm »

Can someone help me? I want to buy the full program for jukebox, but I have a Discover card.  Only card I have. Is there a solution? Will you take this card? frank.thompson51 at yahoo   Thanks so much

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2012, 12:27:33 pm »

We don't accept Discover, but Paypal might.  You could possibly set up an account there.

chrisjj

chrisjj

Failure of MTP device display on Windows 7
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2013, 08:08:51 am »

1 Plug in an MTP device such as Creative ZEN
2 In media tree, click ZEN

Expected: sync panel filled like this (from MJ14 on on Win XP): http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8463/mediajukeboxdap9.png

Observed: sync panel buttons missing, device picture misplaced, tab lettering corrupt:

This bug does not appear on an MSC device e.g. USB drive stick.
This bug does not appear on WinXP SP3.

Workaround for loss of Sync Now and Options buttons: in media tree, right-click device.
Workaround for loss of Recheck Sync buttons: perhaps use a user-defined key/menu entry mapped to the Recheck Sync command (untested).

If anyone has got MJ to work with an MTP in Win7 as it does on XP, please do say.

chrisjj

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2015, 12:56:37 pm »

I've been using MJ 14.0.166 on my 2 laptops and love it. Yesterday my older laptop I'm using it on had a strange problem I can't fix. MC will no longer even open. As soon as I click on it I get the message it has encountered a problem and has to close, and I submit the error report. When I try to reopen it, the same error message comes up again. I uninstalled it, re-installed it, opened it and as soon as I do it gives me the same error message. I can't even get MC to appear. The instant I click to open it, it gives me the error message. I would like to be able to go into it and adjust settings to see if that helps, but it's impossible. I can't make it past the error message. The laptop this is happening on appears to have no other issues, so I'm stumped. It always says it wasn't shut down properly, but as soon as I re-open it, boom, it says it has encountered a problem and needs to close. So it's like a broken record. My other newer laptop is running it perfectly. Bizarre.

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2015, 05:27:10 pm »

I uninstalled it again and got a message saying "unable to load default skin, unable to continue" and then that it was successfully uninstalled. After re-installing it, I tried to open it yet again, but then got the same error, MJ must close message. After uninstalling it yet again, the same default skin warning came up again. So it looks like MJ has an issue with the default skin noire setting and can't open. suggestions?

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2015, 03:14:38 pm »

Thanks Big Jim.  Just had to find the old Library and restore it in the new version.  I don't recall having to do this on other updates.

This didn't work for me. I finally upgraded the much loved Version 12  to 14 and everything disappeared.  The first time it searched for media files and imported every file type on my system, had to delete them all and stop the import to select just audio and playlists, of which I got none. Tried to restore from Version 12 backup and got nothing except the same music files, no playlists.  Also, can't quite figure it out, but below the panes view seems to be different... it used to be a list of whatever songs was on the album I wanted to review, but now it's all the albums in that category of Genre or of that same artist.  Much more difficult to work with. I just want a list of songs under the artist or album category from the panes above.  I've struggled with it for quite a while but keep screwing up everything else. Don't see any way to change it.

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2015, 05:02:30 pm »

Perhaps I could clarify?  In the Panes view, it has a column for Genre, Artist and Album.  In the space below it is a big wasted space to me as the name of the album spans across the entire space dividing all the song titles.  Is there any way to get just a list of all the songs say in that Genre in alphabetical or otherwise without the Album Name dividing them?  I've tried all the Library Views that I can find and can't seem to come up with that.  I'm sure it's the way I used to view them in Version 12.
Thanks for any help
Tim

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2015, 05:21:01 pm »

Where did the visualizations options go?  The only thing I can find in Display view is a blurry album cover.
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2015, 05:22:47 pm »

You're using software that's pretty old.  Have you considered switching to JRiver Media Center?

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2015, 11:00:56 pm »

I could find no button to create a new post or new topic, only reply.  I hope this is the right place to post this, but I can't seem to get any response with my other questions. Is there somewhere else we can go to get help with Jukebox?  Any other independent discussion forums?

I need to find out how to get Jukebox to stop importing photos every time I open the jukebox.  I have all options to block or not include my photo folders, but I'm not sure why you'd want to import photos into a jukebox anyway.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2015, 06:34:01 am »

Use "New Topic" in the upper right corner of the index page.

eric0213

« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2015, 03:12:46 pm »

I DJ every weekend and have liked using Media Jukebox all the time because I am soo use to it,

Well the computer I use to DJ every weekend has Windows 10 installed on it and when I go to play certain songs that are M4A format, The Media Jukebox player won't play it and mentions something about installing a newer version of Quick Time, Can someone please help me fix this issue because I have alot of songs that are M4A format.

Thanks and greatly appreciated.

yanailahav

« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2015, 07:43:00 am »

hello

can i use directshow audio  filters (ffdshow or lav audio filter )  with this player?

Aster

• Recent member
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2015, 02:43:58 pm »

Please, fix the displaying of an album art.
Album Arts in MJukebox are blurred in library view and it doesn't change when you update them. Media Center displays them in crystal clear quality.
Here is a comparison:

(you can see it quite well on letters)

And please make editable the column with Number Plays.
Than Media Jukebox will be a perfect player. Thank you in advanced.

jrbosick

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2016, 01:59:20 pm »

Using Jukebox 14 on PC with Windows 10 64 bit. Trying to convert wav to mp3 and the resulting file is terribly distorted.  New problem for me, have used to convert wma to mp3 and it's fine.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

edjohnny

• Recent member
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2017, 09:46:38 am »

how do I stop non-music files from showing in recently imported playlist?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up