INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Streaming to Gizmo App Still doesn't work  (Read 1380 times)

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
Video Streaming to Gizmo App Still doesn't work
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:02:13 pm »

I've downloaded the latest MC16 beta (16.0.54 Beta) where video streaming to the Android Gizmo app was listed as fixed in build 16.0.50.  When ever I click play from the Gizmo app to play back either an mp4 or an mpeg2 video file it says "Preparing ..." but never starts playing and just goes back to the Gizmo menu like it hiccuped and forgot to play. 

I can look at the Media Network logs under Services on MC and I can see that it's showing that my Android Phone is connecting, it recognizes i'm running Android 2.1 and it shows I'm request a video video file but that's all it shows.  It doesn't show anything that I can discern that it's successfully starting streaming my video file. 

I still have the same questions as before, what's happening on the back-end when it says preparing?  My files are mp4 already and are already sized at the exact resolution that my phone is at. there should be no conversion necessary for these files I'm testing video streaming with.  What's the ideal resolution for video files to stream? What's the ideal format?  What formats will it convert?  What's the ideal bit-rate for video and audio for my video files? 

I'm still happy to help trouble-shoot this streaming to the Gizmo app if anyone wants to take me up on it.
PC is Quad-core Q6600 2.4GHz, 6GB RAM, ATI Radeon 5570 graphics,
Cell Phone - Moto Cliq (1st ver), Android 2.1, latest Gizmo App, connected via Wi-Fi.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video Streaming to Gizmo App Still doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:56:25 am »

Try deleting the directory called 'mmx264' located in the "Plugins" directory under the Media Center installation directory.  Then start Media Center and enable logging and do a video conversion.
Please send a log to 'johnt at jriver dot com'.
Thanks much for helping out.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

dildaly

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 01:12:41 pm »

I followed the instructions given to famu97 and still found the video wouldn't play, though upon returning to the playing now screen, the thumbnail of the video was showing.

Grape Ape

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 05:40:39 pm »

I too can not get any video to stream. I am using the 16.0.55 beta and an XP SP3 machine, and latest android app.

The one thing I noticed is that when streaming audio, I can see it writing a file in the activity log. The file grows to a 4.8 MB, the file size of the original mp3, and the time shows 2:31.569 When I try to stream video, the activity log shows it writing, but the file size says 0, the time says 0:00. It says its preparing the file, but nothing plays.

I have emailed the log file as requested.

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:48:55 pm »

Try deleting the directory called 'mmx264' located in the "Plugins" directory under the Media Center installation directory.  Then start Media Center and enable logging and do a video conversion.
Please send a log to 'johnt at jriver dot com'.
Thanks much for helping out.

Okay I can't find it but how do I enable logging and what directory is the log file stored in?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 06:55:42 pm »

Logging is under the Help menu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up