INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.111 -- Available Here  (Read 10211 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.111 -- Available Here
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:31:28 am »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160111.exe

16.0.111 (6/14/2011)

1. Fixed: If you turned off JRSS without first unchecking "Move center to front L/R," it would still move the center to the front L/R even though the check box is greyed out.
2. Changed: Selecting chapters from the on screen display (OSD) happens when pushing left and right instead of requiring an enter key.
3. Faster: Loading or switching views in Theater View is faster.
4. Fixed: Views imported into Theater View from Standard View where 'Populate tree' was off were not working nicely in Theater View.
5. Fixed: The FPS field was marked as a user field.
6. Fixed: Stopping playback after five or more minutes when using madVR could lead to a crash.
7. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.65.
8. Fixed: Stretching Media Center across three monitors could cause the titlebar to stop drawing properly.
9. SDK: MCWS/v1/Alive includes the program name (i.e. 'JRiver Media Center') in the response.
10. Changed: When a single instance of MC is the DLNA server AND renderer, use the local database entry instead of the server provided URL. Greatly simplifies DLNA remote control of MC.
11. Fixed: Broken links on "Media Network" and "Drives and Devices" web pages.
12. Changed: Quicktime file types mov and qt default to DirectShow.
13. Changed: Added documentation for the optional mode parameter of the Clean(...) expression function.
14. Changed: LAV Audio is used as the default audio decoder for Red October Standard and Red October HQ (previously only used in HQ mode).
15. Fixed: Resuming from sleep or doing Ctrl+Alt+Delete could leave Theater View showing a 'Failed to create' error (only applies to last few builds).
16. NEW: Added 2.1 output mode to DSP Studio > Output Format (opens soundcard with 6 channels, and unused channels are silent).

16.0.110 (6/10/2011)

1. Fixed: Versioning issue with build 109.

16.0.109 (6/10/2011)

1. Fixed: A component necessary for television playback was corrupt in build 108.
2. Fixed: MIDI files could be categorized as video with build 108.

16.0.108 (6/10/2011)

1. Fixed: Using volume up / down on a remote while the volume was disabled (bitstreaming, Netflix, etc.) and the volume was set to 'Internal' would result in the volume being set to 0%.
2. NEW: Added 'Volume Protection' volume option ( more information here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64574 ).
3. Changed: Tuned JRSS 7.1 upmixing algorithm (better energy neutrality, and front mains are not used to generate the rears).
4. Changed: Using 'Clone side channels to rear speakers' in Output Format will copy surrounds to the rear speakers in 5.1 to 7.1 mixing.
5. Fixed: When connecting to a Library Server that required a password, the program could require clicking 'Retry' to finish the connection even if the entered password was correct.
6. NEW: Parametric Equalizer's channel mixer allows applying a volume modification when moving, copying, or adding channels.
7. Fixed: Video parameters were not retrieved from files during import or Update the Library (from tags).
8. Changed: Updated to latest LAV Splitter and Audio decoders.  Splitter is now internally configured (no more registry hacks).
9. NEW: Reworked how bitstreaming is configured in Options > Video, and added support for picking individual formats to bitstream.
10. Changed: Enhanced Video Renderer will be used for playback of Microsoft wtv or dvr-ms files.
11. Fixed: Video thumbnailing did not work.
12. Changed: Improved error messages for video playback. Should see fewer cases of the generic error: 0x80004005.
13. Fixed: The OSD could fail to report the resolution of a television broadcast when watching time-shifted television.
14. Fixed: Black screen when switching television channel in Standard Television view.
15. Fixed: Red October was not working nicely with MIDI files.
16. Fixed: "Waiting..." message was stuck in the status window after television channel change.

16.0.107 (6/8/2011)

1. Fixed: Some PGS subtitles were always showing regardless of user selection.
2. Changed: Moved television subscription suspension options to the last page of the wizard.
3. Fixed: In some cases, picking a different stream or subtitle option from the right-click menu while watching a video would fail.
4. Changed: Red October HQ mode now uses the LAV audio decoder rather than ffdshow.
5. Faster: Seeking video with the left / right buttons (remote or keyboard) is much smoother.
6. Changed: Improved lip-sync when using ASIO, especially with large hardware buffer sizes.
7. Changed: Red October HQ uses EVR instead of madVR (probably a temporary change).
8. Changed: Theater View and Display View better handle resolution switches while they're running.

16.0.106 (6/7/2011)

1. Fixed: Smartlists with both OR conditions and implied AND conditions would not work nicely with the smartlist editor. Example: ((a b) or (c d))
2. Changed: Switched 'Red October' to 'Red October Standard' so that naming is more clear between Standard and HQ.
3. Changed: When playback is started remotely (with Gizmo, etc.), popups requesting the installation of an external playback engine like QuickTime will be suppressed.
4. Changed: When viewing a playlist using a library view, the order of the playlist will be preserved when possible in Theater View views.
5. Changed: DLNA control. If GetVolume fails the volume control will be disabled instead of removing the renderer from the list of zones. This is to accomodate DLNA renderers that can't control volume when plugged into external AV equipment.
6. Fixed: Files named with an .ogg extension are now handled just like .ogv files if they contain video. Previously they would not play.
7. Changed: Updated to latest LAV splitter which better handles poorly muxed TS files.
8. Changed: Red October will always use Microsoft DTV-DVD audio decoder for Microsoft file types WTV and DVR-MS.
9. Changed: Added support for TTA audio files (plays using Directshow filters).

16.0.105 (6/6/2011)

1. Changed: Subtitles named "(auto)" that match the audio language will be enabled by default (instead of selecting no subtitles).
2. Changed: Added the Microsoft MPEG audio and video decoders to the Red October white list.
3. Fixed: If a video failed to import (because it was corrupt, etc.), it could cause other files of that type to not import until the program was restarted.
4. Changed: When a video fails to fully parse, it's less likely to end up being imported as 'Data' instead of 'Video'.
5. Fixed: Doing fast seeks on time-shifted television could cause the seeks to queue up instead of pooling, so that video would continue seeking too long after stopping pressing buttons on the remote.
6. Changed: Mouse wheel over video seeks instead of zooms (use Ctrl+Wheel to zoom).
7. Changed: LAV source/splitter is now configured in Red October mode.

16.0.104 (6/6/2011)

1. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.62.
2. Fixed: MC crashed when right-clicking on a playing video and selecting ffdshow configuration. It's back to disabled in Red October mode.
3. Fixed: madVR would fail to create a 3d device when starting time-shifted television from Theater View.
4. Fixed: In Theater View, Netflix genre views were incorrectly using details list style instead of thumbnails.
5. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks to Junghwnan).

16.0.103 (6/3/2011)

1. Changed: Improved how VideoClock works with signal breakups on over-the-air broadcasts.
2. Fixed: DSP Studio > Room Correction was using the incorrect channel order for the rear and surrounds with 8-channel output.
3. NEW: Parametric Equalizer can be used to add a configurable delay to any channels.
4. Changed (again): Red October will not use the Microsoft MPEG decoder with madVR because then no deinterlacing is performed for 1080i, etc. signals.
5. Fixed: The 'My TV'. 'My Music', etc. buttons on an MCE remote were not working (note that renaming or moving the stock Theater View layout can break these buttons).
6. NEW: When using the JRiver audio engine for video playback, a fade-in is used after a seek (audibly more pleasant, and makes skipping commercials in television mostly silent).
7. NEW:madVR video renderer is now part of the standard filter pack and is automatically installed when needed. It is used in Red October HQ mode.

16.0.102 (6/2/2011)

1. Fixed: Subtitles would not work correctly with Red October when manually selecting 'ffdshow raw video filter'.
2. Changed: Added support for the DirectVobSub post-processor filter with Red October.
3. Fixed: Theater View backdrops from TheTVDB.com would not work properly for series with multiple database records where only one record was complete (like the Danish show Anstalten).
4. Fixed: When using the LAV source / splitter, subtitles could incorrectly be on by default instead of honoring the settings in Options > Video.
5. Changed: Added Red October support for .tivo file playback using the Tivo source filter.
6. Changed: Renamed the JRiver bitrate monitor filters to "JRiver Audio Monitor" and "JRiver Video Monitor".
7. Changed: Theater View watch marks only appear for Netflix videos.
8. Fixed: When using VideoClock, lip sync could take longer than necessary to achieve after a seek when doing PAL slowdown (especially if a large buffer size was used in the audio output plugin).
9. NEW: Added the ability to move, copy, add, and swap channels to DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer (use 'Mix channels' filter).
10. Changed: Red October settings are applied to time-shifting on digital television.
11. Changed: Parametric equalizer hides unneeded controls for a particular filter type instead of showing all controls and disabling some.

audunth

Re: Media Center 16.0.111 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:47:24 pm »

2. Changed: Selecting chapters from the on screen display (OSD) happens when pushing left and right instead of requiring an enter key.

Does this mean pressing left or right arrow during a movie without chapters no longer skip the amount of seconds back or forward that's set in the video options? Do I have to use up/down arrow first to get the progress bar or what?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 02:56:45 pm »

Does this mean pressing left or right arrow during a movie without chapters no longer skip the amount of seconds back or forward that's set in the video options? Do I have to use up/down arrow first to get the progress bar or what?

No changes were made to how left / right seeking behave.

The change only applies to when you push up or down to show the on screen display and the item "Chapters" is showing.  Previously you'd have to push enter to select a chapter, but now it just rolls through chapters immediately as you push left and right.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sauzee

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:08:00 am »

I'm loving all this work you guys are doing on video playback/red october. Video playback is a much better experience for me than it used to be pre Red October. Thanks!

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 11:13:03 am »

Gone are the audio sync problems of .110. Thanks!

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 01:36:31 pm »

In display mode, when using G-Force, the playback control drop down flickers. This happens regardless of skin used.

Media Center 16.0.111.0 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 16\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 1595 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2087 MB, Free - 960 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: Optiarc  DVD RW AD-7530A    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices: E:\,F:\

Interface Plugins:
  TiVo Server
  Sleep Timer (Active)
. . . the game is rigged

rlebrette

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 05:55:31 am »

Just to write that .111 fixed the problem I've raised (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64603.msg432846#msg432846) don't know if anything has been fixed in the code.

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 04:01:24 am »

Zones are gone under playing now in the tree view.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 07:32:37 am »

DTSHD is not being resampled to 24/48 after decoding to PCM so I can properly output it to my sound card.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 10:02:18 pm »

DTSHD is not being resampled to 24/48 after decoding to PCM so I can properly output it to my sound card.

If you are using MC's Audio Renderer (Tools --> Options --> Video --> Playback device = Same as device used in audio playback) / DSP (Tools --> Options --> Audio --> DSP & Output Format --> Check Output format) you can set the bit rate and depth that you need post decoding.
JRiver CEO Elect

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 03:43:15 am »

This version hangs up when doing various operations like importing audio or analyzing audio (havn't seen nothing special in the log unfort.). E.g. importing 2000 files then it simply stops after the 183th file and hangs. Reproducable. Media server (DLNA etc. are disabled).
Version 81 works with no problems. Same Problem with 81 ...
thx

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 05:01:11 am »

Now my TV completely disappeard from the Playing Now list?

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 06:34:42 am »

Unable to play .DTS audio files (6-channel) after last update. No Windows/MC settings were changed.
It was fine yesterday, then MC asked to restart for update. Today I've tried to play it - MC started to download "missing components", and then only noise in speakers.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 06:36:24 am »

Tombert, try looking in the logs under the Help menu.  It may not be stuck, just very slow for some reason.  One filetype may not be read correctly, for example.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 08:26:32 am »

If you are using MC's Audio Renderer (Tools --> Options --> Video --> Playback device = Same as device used in audio playback) / DSP (Tools --> Options --> Audio --> DSP & Output Format --> Check Output format) you can set the bit rate and depth that you need post decoding.

I'm using those settings. MC gives me a Directshow error that the audio output is not compatible with my sound card at 24/96, even though I have output set to 24/48.

audunth

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 11:30:20 am »

As commented in separate threads.

- Subtitles don't work in Windows Merit mode. Can't get VSfilter to load, tried both normal and autoloading versions (with autoload enabled in Haali).
- No stream selection in right click menu/arrow OSD in Windows Merit mode. Don't know if this is because VSfilter doesn't load, but it also applies to audio/video streams.
- EVO files (HD-DVD ripped to disk, file structure) don't play in Red October mode, directshow error. Standard and HQ. Plays in Windows Merit mode with Haali/ffdshow/EVR but with occasional stuttering.

All these bugs were also present in .110.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 02:53:29 pm »

Zones are gone under playing now in the tree view.

This will be fixed in a coming build.

For now, turn the 'Media Network' feature back on in Options > General.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up