INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.145 -- Available Here  (Read 6552 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 16.0.145 -- Available Here
« on: August 03, 2011, 09:15:26 am »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates
or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160145.exe
or
Subscribe to one of the Update Channels.

New MC16 Features and Upgrade Instructions

16.0.145 (8/2/2011)

1. Changed: Removed the Subtitles > On / Off menu choice that would appear for videos with no subtitles (ffdshow didn't specify if subtitles existed, but the internal subtitle engine solves this).
2. Fixed: When image or video playback was started while in Display View (from a script, SDK, etc.) the display could unexpectedly jump out of Display View.
3. Changed: Moved 'Display Settings...' popup dialog options into the main program options (Options > Tree & View > Full Screen).
4. Fixed: Switching subtitles while playing could cause a crash in rare cases.
5. NEW: Added Options > Video > Subtitle size (changes size of text-based and image-based subtitles).
6. Changed: If connection between video decoder and renderer still fails after setting video decoder output format to RGB, Red October inserts Color Space Converter and tries connection again.
7. Changed: When madVR is configured to do video decoding, Red October HQ will try to connect to madVR without a video decoder first (video decoding in madVR disabled by default).
8. Changed: Updated to madVR 0.73.
9. NEW: Added Options > General > Show on screen instructions.
10. Faster: Theater View list scrolling using the arrow keys / remote is over 10 times faster.
11. NEW: Added DVD video burning.

16.0.144 (8/1/2011)

1. Fixed: The DVD menu button on the remote would not work while playing a DVD (only applies to the last few builds).
2. Fixed: Fast forwarding a DVD to the menu would leave the playback rate display stuck (only applies to the last few builds).
3. Changed: Improved performance of hardware accelerated drawing engine used by Theater View, image playback, etc. with devices that could stall when testing for device lost states.
4. Fixed: When starting an image slideshow, the caption (if enabled in Options > Images) would not appear for the first image.
5. Fixed: Blu-ray (PGS) subtitles that spanned multiple item blocks were not being decoded properly.
6. Changed: Added more logging to playlist saving to help troubleshoot a Rockbox upload problem.
7. Fixed: Resolutions not explicitly supported by the monitor would not work properly for auto-refresh rate changing.
8. Changed: Updated to newer ffdshow (7/31) which reverted a change which caused choppy performance on many video files.
9. Fixed: With the option 'Move center to front L/R' enabled, videos that used center-focused mixing could sound bad.

16.0.143 (7/29/2011)

1. Fixed: YouTube support was not working due to YouTube server changes.
2. Changed: Improved how the playback position display works so that it both appears smoother and uses fewer resources.
3. Changed: The merge of video and DVD playback code is finished.  Please report any problems.
4. Changed: Revised the right-click menu layout for video / DVD playback.
5. Changed: Updated to version .31 of LAV audio and splitter directshow filters. LAV audio now handles DTS-WAV files nicely.
6. Changed: For ffdshow auto-config, we're now setting flag titled 'multiThread' to 1 as well as 'numThreads' to number of processors.  May be needed since ffmpeg-mt was merged with libavcodec??
7. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
8. Changed: Video resolutions not explicitly supported by the display will still be listed in Options > Video > Display Settings.

16.0.142 (7/28/2011)

1. Changed: Revised threading used by video playback engine, with the goal of improving video startup time and solving madVR hangs / stalls.
2. NEW: Television recording option to specify the max number of episodes to keep for a particular subscription.
3. Internal: Merging of video and DVD playback engines (still a work in progress, DVD playback may be problematic for a few builds).

16.0.141 (7/27/2011)

1. Fixed: IR learning was not working properly.
2. Changed: Updated madVR to version v0.71 (fixes green tint in Red October HQ).
3. Fixed: Google Image click-detection was not working in some cases.
4. Changed: Tuning to instructions added in build 140 (only shown once per run, larger font size, better bubble sizing, etc.)
5. Changed: JRWorker will try to use EVR in thumbnail building if it is found on the computer.  Previously JRWorker only tries to use EVR on Vista or higher OS's.
6. NEW: The sidecar subtitle selection will persist between plays, just like it does for stream-based subtitle selection.
7. NEW: When showing a message box in Display View when the last used user-interface mode was Theater View, the message box will be a Theater View style message instead of a Standard View style message.
8. Faster: Artist thumbnail views load much faster (previously switching to an artist view would wait while the cover art folder was analyzed but now this happens in a low-priority background thread; especially helpful if cover art is on a drive that spins down).
9. Changed: Display modes with an integer refresh rate of 23 or lower would not appear in Media Center.
10. NEW: When multiple playlists are selected in the tree, they can be deleted with a right-click.

16.0.140 (7/26/2011)

1. NEW: Added on screen instructions that appear when entering Theater View and Display View.
2. Fixed: Re-entering Theater View could crash in some cases.
3. Fixed: Red October playback could fail if a user installed an older Media Center build, then a new one, then an old one again. The filter pack could get out of sync.
4. Fixed: When simply dumping video graph info to a log file, Media Center could set a lock and attempt downloading a filter pack update.
5. Changed: When viewing a list of television recordings in Theater View from the same series, 'Watch' plays a single episode and 'Watch All' is offered to play all episodes (starting at the selected episode).

16.0.139 (7/25/2011)

1. Changed: Updated madVR to version v0.70.

16.0.138 (7/25/2011)

1. Fixed: Updated handler for Google Images so that setting cover art, downloading images, etc. works with the latest Google Images page format.
2. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks to Jean-Guy Paquette).
3. NEW: Updated madVR to version v0.69 (which brings back the improved VideoClock performance when using madVR).
4. NEW: Updated the ffdshow used by Red October to the latest version.
5. Changed: Video width and height are filled in during import time, with expectation that more accurate values may be found later at thumbnailing time.  Previously we only fill in the values at thumbnailing time.
6. Changed: Added LAV Video Decoder to the Red October + Additional Filters white list.
7. Fixed: Playing files that could not be found would show an error and then could leave the player in an in-between state.
8. Changed: Merged and improved the playback error messaging for Access Control filtering, NTFS permissions issues, optical discs that aren't found, etc.
9. Changed: If FFDShow video decoder fails to connect to video renderer, a second attempt is made with FFDShow's output formats narrowed to RGB.
10. Changed: When building DirectShow graph for ms-dvr/wtv files, video renderer will be changed to default renderer only if the default is EVR, and the change will not be made when the graph is built for thumbnailing.
11. Fixed: Blu-ray (PGS) subtitles could have their red and blue color components switched.

16.0.137 (7/22/2011)

1. Fixed: Using VideoClock + EVR could cause playback to stall.
2. Changed: Export Playlist > Text File (delimited) uses UTF-8 instead of UTF-16.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
Re: Media Center 16.0.145 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 06:02:07 pm »

11. NEW: Added DVD video burning.

Interesting, I've been wanting this for some time, I'm going to try it out right now, thanks.

also, perhaps this is old news, but this is the first I've noticed it doesn't say pending;

"Protected by U.S. patents #7076468 and #7062468."

congratulations!!  Feels like it took a while, I'm sure it wasn't easy.  Good work!
pretend this is something funny

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:51:50 pm »

"Protected by U.S. patents #7076468 and #7062468."

Those are for DRM technologies. I can imagine how they might be applicable to to branded players and services, but I'm not sure how they're relevant to the version of MC we're using. :-\

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 02:15:49 am »

Cannot seem to play youtube in Theater View.

Can in Std View, but get Error Code: -302 using Chromium and error advising software I need to play files is not installed. Worked fine before upgrade...

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 06:03:18 am »

Hi After updating to this version 16.0.145, J River now doesn't play or find blu ray discs, dvd works fine, anydvd works fine, windows can see the disc in explorer, but j river hangs when tries to open it. the disc wont even spin up when i push play. not happened before.

seems to be ok now.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 08:01:04 am »

Those are for DRM technologies. I can imagine how they might be applicable to to branded players and services, but I'm not sure how they're relevant to the version of MC we're using. :-\

Ah.  Seems weird they'd display patents from someone else on their splash screen.

I thought I remembered Jim talking about some pending patents for J River Media Center several years ago (7+??), and thought the patent pending notices on the splash screen years ago were in reference to that.  If the (now) patents are instead just DRM related, meh, never mind my comment above.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:21:28 am »

They're JRiver patents.

A little history tidbit is that JRiver, which turns 30 this summer, first entered digital media with the hope of doing music e-commerce.  But it quickly became apparent, in no small part due to the unreasonableness of the record labels at the time, that the player side was a lot more interesting.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 02:00:15 pm »

I'm getting intermittent program crashes on just about every video type: wmv, avi, and mkv so far. Using RO Standard and never had this problem until the new build. The log is on the way.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 02:21:36 pm »

I'm getting intermittent program crashes on just about every video type: wmv, avi, and mkv so far. Using RO Standard and never had this problem until the new build. The log is on the way.

It's crashing when loading the streams out of the file.  I've never seen this before.

Could you try erasing the plugins folder, and try again:
C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins

Also, are any of the files it crashes on small enough to share?  Please email me one if so.

Thanks.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 03:41:03 pm »

They're JRiver patents.

that makes more sense, thanks for clarifying.

have they been actual patents for a while, and I just noticed, or is it actually recent?  Just curious.

either way, my congratulations stands, you (and Jim and everyone else at J River) must be very proud and happy about them. :)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 01:20:05 am »

Can in Std View, but get Error Code: -302 using Chromium and error advising software I need to play files is not installed. Worked fine before upgrade...

Am able to replicate this on second PC. Probably has more to do with youtube than you guys, I'm sure...

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 01:36:05 am »

There also seem to still be a few gremlins in Theater View...

I have reset my Theater View schem to Default in Tools > Options > Theater View > Reset!

If I go into Theater View (after restarting MC) and go to the TV > Programs section, all good. But then if I press the "Guide" button on my remote (which is mapped to the MCE Remote "Guide" button, the screen itself changes to the guide, but the roller stays on Programs.

If I then press "Listen to Digital Music" which is mapped to "My Music", again the screen changes to show my music, but the roller remains on Programs. 

Cheers,

J.

robydago

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 05:13:37 am »

same problem here. tried both chrome and ie engines, but to no avail.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 07:18:29 pm »

Netflix / Hulu volume control bug with remote control -

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65705.0

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 07:20:18 pm »

Another one - there seems to be times when I'm watching Flash content from standard view that I'll press the stop button but audio playback will continue - even after I close MC completely.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 03:33:14 am »

Am able to replicate this on second PC. Probably has more to do with youtube than you guys, I'm sure...
+1

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 03:57:37 pm »

In spite of disabling Theater View Screen Saver, pausing a film in Theater view causes my HTPC to close down after a few minutes.  In addition it would be nice if there was a screen saver that either just blanked the screen or displayed moving patterns etc after a couple of minutes to save the plasma display from burning issues.

I am running in HQ mode and simply sending a remote 'pause command'. The film pauses  and will resume so long as I do not pause for more than a few minutes otherwise I need to wake up the PC from sleep mode.

Is this pilot error or a real world issue?
The Future is Remote!

rick.ca

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »

Is this pilot error or a real world issue?

Real world, I believe. If you're just getting a beer, pause it. If you're also popping popcorn, stop the movie. It seems Theatre View does not go to sleep, whereas Display View does. (I may be wrong, but it seems to me that's what I deduced when faced with the same issue.) A stopped movie will restart where you stopped it if bookmarking is enabled.

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 12:23:53 pm »

Real world, I believe. If you're just getting a beer, pause it. If you're also popping popcorn, stop the movie. It seems Theatre View does not go to sleep, whereas Display View does. (I may be wrong, but it seems to me that's what I deduced when faced with the same issue.) A stopped movie will restart where you stopped it if bookmarking is enabled.

Many thanks for the 'heads up' lets hope this is work in progress and the final solution will be more user friendly :)
The Future is Remote!

Mancrius

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 09:30:41 pm »

I just bought the version 15... should I pay for a upgrade to version 16??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 09:33:20 pm »

Your purchase was with MC15, in January, but you received an MC16 license.  Just download MC16 and install.
Pages: [1]   Go Up