INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: My River - Media Center Remote (for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad)  (Read 172759 times)

gtener

• Recent member
Re: My River - Media Center Remote (for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad)
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2011, 09:54:26 am »

I'm just being greedy now Michael, but something I would like is to view the "bit rate" and "sample rate" in the Playing Now. Could be just another line with the title.

Put the App through its paces last night and loved it.  This is what J River has been lacking for a long time.
It's music to my ears.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2011, 03:38:00 pm »

I am interested in MyRiver and the essential feature I need is to be able to change and see the playing zone at the "playing" screen. Is it possible? As I only see a way to change it in the settings page and it would be unfriendly to always go to the settings screen to change/see the zones.

If this feature is not available yet, will it be available in the next version?
Yes if it is possible, and not too difficult ;) The proposed solution from )p( may be a good way to fix it.

With ipeng for iphone you can swipe right from playing now to select players and left for the playlist. Maybe that could be a way to implement zones more accessible also in my river.

Michael

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2011, 03:44:42 pm »

I'm just being greedy now Michael, but something I would like is to view the "bit rate" and "sample rate" in the Playing Now. Could be just another line with the title.

Put the App through its paces last night and loved it.  This is what J River has been lacking for a long time.
Good suggestion I will put it on the wish list :)

Thanks,
Michael

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2011, 07:26:36 pm »

Love to try this, noticed there is no trial. Gf has a Iphone 3GS. Will this work on her model phone?
Would this work on her mac mini as well?
Thanks

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2011, 08:03:16 pm »

Love to try this, noticed there is no trial. Gf has a Iphone 3GS. Will this work on her model phone?
Would this work on her mac mini as well?
Thanks
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.

As long as she is running iOS 4.0 or higher on her iPhone, there should be no problem.
Unfortunately My River does not work on a Mac mini.

Michael

HTPC4ME

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2011, 08:06:15 pm »

Checking it out now...

I guess what GF is going to suggest if she likes this app =-)

fischerai

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2011, 02:36:37 pm »

Great App - I really like it and maybe I can now remove my Sonos from the living room. The only thing I miss is my web radio. Is there a chance to have the web media on the App?

-Rainer

Found a way to get them. Thanks a lot for the nice apps!!

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2011, 08:13:59 pm »

Great App - I really like it and maybe I can now remove my Sonos from the living room. The only thing I miss is my web radio. Is there a chance to have the web media on the App?

-Rainer

Found a way to get them. Thanks a lot for the nice apps!!
Thanks

You can add the web radio station to a playlist and access it from My River.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Add_a_Web_Media_Station_to_a_Playlist

Michael

iwf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2011, 06:35:10 am »

Hi

I seem to have an issue with the iPad version, running 5.0, and JR 17  The playing now option wont display in landscape and switching to portrait doesnt seem to switch anything.

Great app though with stacks of promise

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2011, 08:36:07 am »

Hi

I seem to have an issue with the iPad version, running 5.0, and JR 17  The playing now option wont display in landscape and switching to portrait doesnt seem to switch anything.

Great app though with stacks of promise
Are you running My River for iPad (with split screen) or just My River (on your iPad)?
There has been some issues with landscape/portrait in playing now in the My River version, because it is locked in portrait.
I'm going to release a update very soon with a fix for that.

Thanks,
Michael

pcstockton

« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2011, 01:38:23 pm »

Michael,

I have had more time to play with both apps.  Once again great job.

I mentioned earlier the bug with the Filter auto-correct.  It is actually a little different than I described.

Yes the "hide keyboard" while "auto-correct" is suggesting, does initiate the bug.  But I noticed that ANY accepted auto-correct activity deletes the filter list.

Here are my feature wishes and logistical suggestions
- Jump Letters down the right side in all relevant views.
- Remove "Home Screen" and move everything to buttons at the top or bottom of the screen.  This is most important for "Playing Now" on the iPhone version.  It is tough navigating to Playing Now.
- Option for "No thumbnails" when in list mode
- Option for "No thumbnails" when in Playlist
- Shuffle option for both Current Playlist (Shuffle current playlist) and for "Play" (Play as Shuffled)
- Biography screen (from Wiki or LastFM) as with eLyric app.  Very nice feature.
- More "Double Tap" Play options (similar to options in MC)
- Schedule an appointment with the Play Doctor
- Edit Current Playlist
- Maybe some more info on the Playing Now screen, e.g. Year, Genre etc...  Perhaps user configurable tag fields like in Theater View's "Playing Now>Info"
- Maybe when going from a filter into an artist view, when you use the "Back Button" it returns you to the filter?  Now it sends you back to the beginning of the unfiltered list. 

Thanks again Michael.  Great work

Cheers,
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

csimon

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2011, 01:48:58 pm »

Just my comments on your suggestions!

- Jump Letters down the right side in all relevant views.

I think this can be quite difficult to achieve, as MyRiver has no way of knowing whether the particular view is sorted alphabetically.  Because of MC's excellent customisation facilities, you can do sensible things like sorting albums by year.  Or sorting artists or albums by a specific Sort tag while the original tags remain untouched.

PlugPlayer shows jump letters but this is one of my gripes with it in that it makes the index possible by forcing an alphabetical re-ordering of the items, ignoring the order in which they are returned from the server, which completely mangles my carefully-crafted sorting!

More "Double Tap" Play options (similar to options in MC)

But make the common ones (Play now, Append to Queue etc) appear at the top of the list separated by a line or soemthing from the rest, so that the ease of use of the things you are most likely to do doesn't get compromised.

pcstockton

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2011, 02:04:52 pm »

csimon,

I hear you on the jump letters in your particular situation, especially once you drill down past the artist level.  You might like to sort albums by year etc...

But aren't all "Artist" views alphabetized?  This is the only view I would really like the jump letters.  I like to be able to "scroll" around my artist list looking for things that strike my fancy.  That said, my John Zorn album view (over 150) could use jump letters.

And I agree on the double tap options re: priority.  Maybe not add ALL of the options from MC.  I would like to see at least:
- Play Now
- Add (to Queue)
- Add (as Next)
- Play as Shuffled
- Play with Play Doctor

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

csimon

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2011, 02:26:24 pm »

But aren't all "Artist" views alphabetized? 

Hmm, I guess they are.  Even in my situation, where I sort by a Sort Artist, that tag has to be supplied as the displayed artist anyway as even MC doesn't allow sorting by an arbitrary tag, so what is displayed in the list is indeed alphabetical. I can't think off-hand of any situation where Artist views would not be alphabetical. It's only if MC had an option to remove A and The etc for sorting purposes or if it could work out what the surname was, that could cause the displayed name to be different from the sorting order.

But any other view is difficult to say. Any other level, including photos and videos, could be sorted by date or by track number.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2011, 04:17:19 pm »

I think this can be quite difficult to achieve, as MyRiver has no way of knowing whether the particular view is sorted alphabetically.  Because of MC's excellent customisation facilities, you can do sensible things like sorting albums by year.  Or sorting artists or albums by a specific Sort tag while the original tags remain untouched.
Exactly.... in MC you can sort your view as you like, and not necessarily alphabetically.
So if you want to achieve the Jump Letter thing you have to bypass MC's sorting.
In addition the coding is not easy :-[

You can create a alphabetically grouped view in MC see here

And I agree on the double tap options re: priority.  Maybe not add ALL of the options from MC.  I would like to see at least:
- Play Now
- Add (to Queue)
- Add (as Next)
- Play as Shuffled
- Play with Play Doctor
Next version will have the shuffle option, and a shuffle playing now.... there is no API for Play Doctor :'(

- Remove "Home Screen" and move everything to buttons at the top or bottom of the screen.  This is most important for "Playing Now" on the iPhone version.  It is tough navigating to Playing Now.
In the next (iPhone) version you can navigate to Playing Now with a double tap on the title-bar from all views.

- Edit Current Playlist
There will be a Clear playing now, apart from that, there is no easy way of editing the current playlist :'(

- Maybe some more info on the Playing Now screen, e.g. Year, Genre etc...  Perhaps user configurable tag fields like in Theater View's "Playing Now>Info"
In next version there will be a show tag option, which will list all tags for the current track, and make it possible to do a search on a particular tag.

Thanks,
Michael

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2011, 06:06:28 pm »

It is already doing so in the current version, the selected zone is saved on the device.

Not working on my Wife's iPhone 4 (version that was current on 10/23).  Always resets to 'Here' instead of staying at the previously chosen 'WDLXTV' between uses.

Just updated to 1.1, will see if it works now.

Is the cover art distortion a MC issue or a My River issue?  All cover art is being squashed down to a square instead of staying in the original aspect ratio.  Looks really stupid when using for movies.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2011, 03:09:00 am »

Not working on my Wife's iPhone 4 (version that was current on 10/23).  Always resets to 'Here' instead of staying at the previously chosen 'WDLXTV' between uses.

Just updated to 1.1, will see if it works now.
Thought I had solved it ? I will double check and fix it (if it doesn't work).

Is the cover art distortion a MC issue or a My River issue?  All cover art is being squashed down to a square instead of staying in the original aspect ratio.  Looks really stupid when using for movies.
My mistake :-[ i will fix this for next release.

Michael

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2011, 04:21:48 am »

Hi,

I haven't bought the App yet, so maybe a stupid question :-[:

Is it possible to Suspend and Wake the server through My River?

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2011, 04:42:08 am »

Hi,

I haven't bought the App yet, so maybe a stupid question :-[:

Is it possible to Suspend and Wake the server through My River?

No it is not possible :-\

pcstockton

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2011, 11:00:04 am »

Michael,

Thanks a ton for the responses.  Why so many tears!!!??  Your app is f-ing MONEY!!!!!!!!

I totally hear you on the jump letters in most locations.  But if I may beg for jump letters in artist view, please hear my plea.

The biggest list most of us handle is our Artist list.  Sure, many may have some pretty big playlists and album lists that they may like to sort in creative ways.  But the artist list is always alphabetized as far as I can tell.  It would be handy as scrolling the big list or grid of artists is pretty slow and jerky.  In fact this is only one of two things that can potentially crash the app on my iPad.

If the jump letters aren't possible in Artist view, would it be possible to have a slider?  Or even jump buttons that simply move you a specific distance down the list, rather than tying them to actual letters?  Anything to help navigate a few thousand artist thumbnails would be fantastic.

I played a bunch last night with both iPhone and iPad apps.  Everything working really, really well.

The only buggie type things I am running into:
- A large fast swipe in the artist (thumb view) can crash the app.
- Sometimes if playback is initiated within MC itself, if the app is already running it wont see MC.

Thanks again Michael.  Hip Hip Hooray!

)p(

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2011, 11:26:11 am »

I totally hear you on the jump letters in most locations.  But if I may beg for jump letters in artist view, please hear my plea.

The biggest list most of us handle is our Artist list.  Sure, many may have some pretty big playlists and album lists that they may like to sort in creative ways.  But the artist list is always alphabetized as far as I can tell.  It would be handy as scrolling the big list or grid of artists is pretty slow and jerky.  In fact this is only one of two things that can potentially crash the app on my iPad.

Ios list controls can handle large lists with either the a-z bar but also a dotted bar if the list is not alphabetical sorted to jump fast within the list.

pcstockton

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2011, 12:35:45 pm »

what is iOS list?  Or is that a suggestion for Michael.

thx,
Patrick

csimon

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »

I think this just refers to the user interface elements that are available to the programmer.  In other words Control Mechanisms that iOS makes available to allow interaction with Lists, like scroll bars, jump letters etc.

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2011, 01:56:31 pm »

Thanks a ton for the responses.  Why so many tears!!!??  Your app is f-ing MONEY!!!!!!!!
Thanks,  ;D ;D ;D

My River is developed in Flash Builder, and it is missing some UI components, compared to Xcode (on Mac).
In Xcode it is easy to make a jump letter indexed list because it is more or less built in. In Flash builder you have to make it from scratch >:(

Anyway I have not given up on the Jump Letter list yet, but it will not be in the next release ;)

Michael

pcstockton

« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2011, 04:00:34 pm »

hugs and kisses Michael.  I really do appreciate both your efforts and your willingness to give us the ability to make suggestions.

Excitedly yours,
Patrick

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2011, 09:59:45 am »

Thanks Michael.  It is not a deal breaker of course.  But I figured you might want to correct it if you knew about it.  The jump letters of course would basically make the filter redundant for me.  But I can see people using both.

3 Cheers to you!
Patrick

I would like the jump letters on the left hand side to speed up navigation through 500+ artists etc....

Great app all the same. Keep up the development please.

Ross

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2011, 02:10:37 pm »

I would like the jump letters on the left hand side to speed up navigation through 500+ artists etc....

Great app all the same. Keep up the development please.

Ross
I will do my best to get the jump letters implemented.

Until then you could try to setup grouping in MC it makes navigation in My River easier.

Thanks,
Michael

pcstockton

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2011, 09:00:31 am »

May I please make yet another suggestion??

Font size could be much smaller in the playlist at least.  I think the iPad sizes are pretty good.

-Patrick

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2011, 03:31:08 am »

Hello,

I have one more question: Will the next build have the option to link zones?

Thanks

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2011, 10:39:49 am »

Hello,

I have one more question: Will the next build have the option to link zones?

Thanks
I don't think it is possible to link zones in MC's API :-\

In next release you can change zone from Playing Now (left tap on cover).

Michael

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2011, 11:44:23 am »

May I please make yet another suggestion??

Font size could be much smaller in the playlist at least.  I think the iPad sizes are pretty good.

-Patrick
Sure, you can make another suggestion ;)
If I compare My River font size (on iPhone) with My River for iPad font size, it is actually the other way around ?

iPhone left iPad right.

Michael

pcstockton

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2011, 11:48:23 am »

Michael,

Thanks buddy.

I think smaller on the iPhone is good!  With the retina display and less screen real estate, small is good.

Cheers,
Patrick

PeeBee

• Recent member
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2011, 04:20:06 am »

Hello Michael,

Thanks for the update of MyRiver, keep up the good work !!
Shuffled play works fine, only complaints I have is that the software is somewhat slow on my iPad compared to other remote programs.
Is it something I need to change in the settings to speed it up?

Kind regards, Piet

es347

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2011, 08:53:38 am »

This app sounds like the real deal but how does one get the download??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2011, 09:08:02 am »

First post on page one.

pcstockton

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2011, 09:39:14 am »

Thanks Michael!  I haven't played with it yet.  Long night and longer day upcoming.

Will need a nice long sesh tonight.  I look forward to shuffling it up!

Cheers,
Patrick

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2011, 12:20:29 pm »

Shuffled play works fine, only complaints I have is that the software is somewhat slow on my iPad compared to other remote programs.
Is it something I need to change in the settings to speed it up?
Can you explain what actions in My River you think is slow?
If you feel that it is slow when you browse through large collections you should consider to setup grouping in MC it makes navigation in My River faster.

Michael

PeeBee

• Recent member
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2011, 03:37:50 pm »

Thanks, that's possible indeed, will try grouping

pcstockton

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2011, 09:41:42 am »

The App Store like any other iOS app.  Search "My River"

pcstockton

« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2011, 09:50:14 am »

Can you explain what actions in My River you think is slow?

Michael

The only thing that is a little too slow is scrolling through my artist list (2000+).  I am sure that your alphabetical list might help.  I will give it a shot but I do not want to use it long term.  (Still want jump letters in Artist)  I dont like the idea of having to go back to pick another letter when browsing around.

New build is working wonderfully. The new shuffle options are money.
Double tap title bar for "Playing Now" is a little strange but works well.
Tag info page is a nice feature.

I still vote for persistent "artist", "playing now" and maybe "playlists" or "zones" at the top of the screen alongside the "home" button.

Also, wondering if persistent control buttons at the bottom would be a good idea.  This would allow for track changes, pause etc, while browsing.

Lastly, would it be possible to add a "Bio" page or something from LastFM?

Cheers!
Patrick

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2011, 06:12:52 pm »

The only thing that is a little too slow is scrolling through my artist list (2000+).  I am sure that your alphabetical list might help.  I will give it a shot but I do not want to use it long term.  (Still want jump letters in Artist)  I dont like the idea of having to go back to pick another letter when browsing around.
I'll do my best to find a solution for the jump letter thing..........

New build is working wonderfully. The new shuffle options are money.
Double tap title bar for "Playing Now" is a little strange but works well.
Tag info page is a nice feature.

Lastly, would it be possible to add a "Bio" page or something from LastFM?
Good suggestion. I'll look into it.

Michael

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2011, 08:46:23 pm »

Bought, and now testing.  *fingers crossed*

Is it possible to add a way to RATE songs/videos/photos?   

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2011, 02:40:22 pm »

Sure... if it is possible to fit in somewhere.

Michael

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2011, 10:56:42 am »

Has anyone tested My River with MC17? Does it work?

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2011, 01:20:10 pm »

Sure... if it is possible to fit in somewhere.

Michael

+1 on the please add Rating capability. It won't take up much space at all. Take a look at iPeng.

As far as scrolling through lists, I have to agree that it's slow. Wouldn't adding the ability of "do not show cover art thumbnails on lists" speed this up considerably?

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2011, 12:16:39 pm »

+1 on the please add Rating capability. It won't take up much space at all. Take a look at iPeng.
Next release will have rating capability ;)

As far as scrolling through lists, I have to agree that it's slow. Wouldn't adding the ability of "do not show cover art thumbnails on lists" speed this up considerably?
I will try to optimize the scrolling as much as possible.

Michael

HTPC4ME

« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2011, 12:18:02 pm »

GF is getting on me. Will a future release have the ability to play on iphone as well?
She's itching for it :)
Loves what she has so far. Thanks for supporting iphone users

AdrianC

• Recent member
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2011, 12:44:21 pm »

Hello everybody,

I am new to JRiver and this forum, in fact, I just purchased it this evening together with the "My River" DNLA iPhone Controller. My audio system is gravitating around a self-built WHS Server streaming into a PS Audio PerfectWave DAC. In the past I evaluated occasionally the DNLA capabilities of JRiver, using so just a small part of its functionality, but with the discovery of the "My River" Controller I took the decision to go with this solution.

However, I am just getting into difficulties, because, despite of the fact that I have the MC running in streaming mode and the app installed, the app doesn't recognize the player or the server. iIhave no clue how to set it up (host, port, Zone) and especially what is the 'link' here to the MC configuration.

Therefore my question:
Is there a link to a knowledge base on how to konfigure "My river" ?

Many thanks in advance!
Adrian

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2011, 02:11:03 pm »

Hello everybody,

I am new to JRiver and this forum, in fact, I just purchased it this evening together with the "My River" DNLA iPhone Controller. My audio system is gravitating around a self-built WHS Server streaming into a PS Audio PerfectWave DAC. In the past I evaluated occasionally the DNLA capabilities of JRiver, using so just a small part of its functionality, but with the discovery of the "My River" Controller I took the decision to go with this solution.

However, I am just getting into difficulties, because, despite of the fact that I have the MC running in streaming mode and the app installed, the app doesn't recognize the player or the server. iIhave no clue how to set it up (host, port, Zone) and especially what is the 'link' here to the MC configuration.

Therefore my question:
Is there a link to a knowledge base on how to konfigure "My river" ?

Many thanks in advance!
Adrian
The host address is your PC's IP address (where MC is running). How To get IP Address
Please also check the getting started guide

Michael

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2011, 02:19:16 pm »

GF is getting on me. Will a future release have the ability to play on iphone as well?
She's itching for it :)
Loves what she has so far. Thanks for supporting iphone users
I'm afraid that's not easy, but it could be a nice feature - let's see what the future brings ;)

Michael
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up