INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center  (Read 279486 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2012, 08:56:31 am »

Weird, Im not getting an update in the appstore  ?

Maybe EU/NL is behind the US in receiving updates?

Visth

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2012, 11:28:33 pm »

AWE-SOME app.

Downloaded the 1/5 version 1.05. It just cuts out / crashes occasionally. BY FAR the best remote control for j river, even despite the occasional crashes.

Consider this post a vote for this app. Worth the money, and some.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2012, 06:15:45 am »

Thanks guys for the valuable feedback.

The rating is actually per track, or did i misunderstand?
However, there is currently a bug in the iPhone version that causes the current rating not to update, so that can make it look like all subsequent tracks have the same rating.
Will be fixed in next version.

I see some of you want to customize the buttons. I can add that later, at least in the iPad version.
The iPad version will receive a few tweaks, like play controls etc at the top, and moving the navigation to the left side.

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2012, 05:45:21 am »

Weird, Im not getting an update in the appstore  ?

Maybe EU/NL is behind the US in receiving updates?

The appstore shows v1.05 as being available, but my (non functional) version is not showing an update. Presumably I could get the fix by spending another £7!

Not terribly impressed - broken program that won't update to an apparently fixed version.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2012, 06:50:28 am »

The appstore shows v1.05 as being available, but my (non functional) version is not showing an update. Presumably I could get the fix by spending another £7!

Not terribly impressed - broken program that won't update to an apparently fixed version.
That sounds like an appstore problem.

)p(

« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2012, 08:32:53 am »

What version of iOS?
In pre 5.0 verslons when you delete the app and then download it again from the AppStore it says on the label of the install button the price. But when you actually download it you will get a popup that tells you that you already purchased it and if you want to download it again.

I would delete the app. Reboot the iPhone and then download it again from the AppStore.

pcstockton

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2012, 08:59:15 am »

I have never seen Apple double charge for an app.

1) Make sure YOU are the one logged in to iTunes
2) Delete the app and redownload
3) Ignore the price of the app, it isn't going to charge you.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2012, 12:16:24 pm »

Sigh....

Thanks for adding the feature to add the server by IP address.  Unfortunately, this also doesn't really work for me.  I have an actual, real, fully qualified domain name for my server.  It does not, however, have a static IP address (I use DynDNS), and even if it did, I'd need to use a different IP inside my network than I would outside my network (which sometimes happens even at home if I happen to be on the "public" WiFi network I run).  So, if I use a "fixed" IP address, I need to use 192.168.x.x from inside my home network, and my actual public IP (which is dynamic, so I'd have to look it up) when I'm on my public Wifi or outside my network.  Using my DynDNS name solves that because I have a router/gateway that doesn't stink and can be configured properly.

Unfortunately, the way you implemented this, you can't add a named address, only an actual IP address (the numeric keyboard control comes up, rather than the regular one).  My home server address is just like any address on the internet.  It has a fully-qualified domain name.  It works no matter where I am in the world, and no matter what network I'm on.  I need to be able to put mc.glynor.com:PORT in, not whatever IP address mc.glynor.com happens to have at any particular moment (that's not actually my address, but it is similar).

Similarly, I have three or four different MC servers at the office that I'd like to be able to control.  They are not externally accessible without VPN, but we have a DNS server and real, reachable machine names (machine.jax.org).  Many of these have dynamic DHCP addresses, but DNS is always right.  I'd like to add these too, but I can't (unless I figure out how to use the "key" system for those, which I haven't tried).

Sorry if I wasn't clear before... So many other Apps have similar functionality (like every VNC app out there) and I never even considered that you might implement it with numeric IP addresses only.

I reset the "key" thing in MC, and it generated a new one for me (which hadn't changed in a LONG time, probably since I initially tried the feature and it didn't work properly way back when it was first implemented).  I haven't tried it with the new reset key yet because I never remember to do it when I'm sitting at the server machine (where I have access to the new key itself).  But, even if I get it working, I really prefer not to rely on that system because it requires JRiver keep a server up and working.  If I'm relying on MC to run something public at the office (I am, it runs our video display wall and other signage systems), I don't want to be stuck in a situation where my controller fails to work because JRiver decides to do maintenance on their server right at the exact moment the governor is visiting the office with a huge entourage.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2012, 12:22:10 pm »

PS.  Otherwise, I'm very excited to try this app.  It will potentially solve a HUGE problem for me at the office.

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2012, 06:09:25 pm »

Thanks guys for the valuable feedback.

The rating is actually per track, or did i misunderstand?

Yes,you are correct.

I am wondering would it be possible to show rating when browsing an album?

Rating helps me decide which song to add to the playing now list.
Thanks a lot. ;D

BTW, how could I enable JRemote to show "My customized grouping"  under customized view for Gizmo,webremote ?   Currently JRemote only show Audio,Image,Video, and Playlist.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2012, 09:45:40 pm »

Okay... I've tried further.  Still not working.

First, I thought I'd try setting it up using my server's local IP address.  You can't.  It doesn't work.  The keyboard the control gives you is the phone-dialer style numeric keyboard.

...Which has no period key.  Making it pretty darn hard to type in 192.168.anything.

I tried hitting the blank space on the bottom left of the keypad, but it does nothing.  So, I thought, maybe I just type it in with no dots and including all significant digits, so I typed in 192168000020, and tried it, but that failed.  It gave me an error saying it couldn't connect to the server.

So, that's broken.

Then, I tried to use my new access key.  I'd reset MC's Access Key on my server using Options -> Media Network -> Access Key -> Reset.  Got my new access key.  I tested the access key first using my HTPC and my laptop on the same network.  It works.  I know what the username and password is...

I tried it in JRemote and, again, I got the can connect to server, but can't authenticate type error.  Same as before, with a new, known working Access Key.  So, it isn't related to that.  I'm thinking that there is just something about my server configuration that makes it not work with JRemote.  Nothing is set up that special inside my home network.  Just your average 192.168.0.x LAN when you're on my secure WiFi, and it says it can connect so...

I'm thinking it might be this:  I have special characters in my password.  Double-check to be sure you are properly handling and transmitting special characters.

The only other thing I can think of is that I use a non-default port, but the Access Key provides the proper port when I use it on a PC with MC itself.  And, again, the error it gives says that it finds the server, it just fails to connect.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2012, 09:58:11 pm »

I just wanted to add quickly...

I hope I'm not coming across as a complainer.  I'm really not upset.  Certainly not about the $10.  I'm more than happy to contribute the money towards the development of a nice iOS app for MC, especially since you seem to be responding to the feedback in this thread.  I'm happy to help beta test this (and I'm bummed that I can't right now because I can't get it to connect).

We'll get there.

One other question... Right now, this is just a remote, right?  Once you get that down pretty good, would you consider expanding it to add WebPlay (Gizmo style) functionality?  That would be the dream, of course.

(And, by the way, if you do and it works well, that would be a good In-App Purchase candidate there.  I wouldn't mind throwing you another few bucks for that.)

pcstockton

« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2012, 12:40:11 am »

The keyboard the control gives you is the phone-dialer style numeric keyboard.

Glynor,

I am bummed too that it isnt working for you.  i have no issues on my end.

What do you mean by the above?

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

pcstockton

« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2012, 12:40:20 pm »

Lespaul,

Thanks for fixing the wonky order of the jump letters.  I was hoping this would also fix the issue I was seeing when I had MC ignoring "The" and "A" etc...  So I switched back to ignoring those articles (my preferred setting), and the problem reappeared.

When MC is ignoring "The", the jump letters have "T" just after the numerals and before "A".  Also all of the "The" artists are grouped at the beginning of "T".

Is there any chance this could be fixed? 

Thanks!
Patrick

rjm

« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2012, 12:57:44 pm »

Is there any chance this could be fixed? 
Yes, please.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2012, 01:55:47 pm »

What do you mean by the above?

Here's what I get when I try to add my server via its address:

Click to embiggen.

Pretty hard to type a period with that keyboard.  Like I said, I really don't want to put an IP address in at all, but a FQDN (server.foo.com:port style).  But even if I wanted to add an IP, I cannot with this control.

Likewise, here is the error I get when I use my Access Key (access key itself blacked out to protect the guilty):

Click to embiggen.

EJR

• World Citizen
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2012, 03:12:20 pm »

glynor i just tried if i could paste into the ipadress field. it is possible to add non-numerical characters that way.Maybe you could try typing it elsewhere and copying in the ip field as work-around?

pcstockton

« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2012, 03:26:58 pm »

Glynor,

Aha...  I have not yet tried to connect via IP Address.  I have only used the Access Key method.

FYI, Just last night I was helping out a buddy get all connected up with JRemote (he recently gave his server a static IP).  It worked well right out of the gates.

Then I tried to reconfigure his PlugPlayer for remote use, to no avail.  I could not get it to connect.

Then when I went back over the JRemote it gave us the SAME EXACT error you are showing below.

We gave up after about 6 beers and a few shots.

Strange.
Patrick

pcstockton

« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2012, 03:28:39 pm »

FYI, his PC is Win7.  I am wondering if there is some problem with the static IP because everything worked prior to that.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2012, 04:07:40 pm »

FYI, his PC is Win7.  I am wondering if there is some problem with the static IP because everything worked prior to that.

Like I said, mine isn't working even using the same Access Key that works fine from a copy of MC running on the same WiFi network.

I think something is broken in the authentication system.  I bet it is special characters.

pcstockton

« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2012, 06:16:26 pm »

New issue:

I am now getting Artist list inside of my Genre View.  This wasn't happening a few days ago....
Strange.

-Patrick

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2012, 11:09:59 pm »

glynor i just tried if i could paste into the ipadress field. it is possible to add non-numerical characters that way.Maybe you could try typing it elsewhere and copying in the ip field as work-around?

Ha ha ha!

That worked.  I'm in.  For whatever reason, using the access key gives me that authentication error.  But I typed out my hostname in the notes app, copied it, switched to JRemote and pasted it in.  Entered my credentials and whatnot and it connected right up.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2012, 11:19:08 pm »

Wow.  This is really very nice.

I'm not seeing any weird sorting on this side, though I've only spent a few minutes.

Is there any way to "go fast" in Theater View (as if holding down the up/down arrow) with the Remote feature?  Without that, it's not that usable.

)p(

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2012, 11:58:12 pm »

Is there any way to "go fast" in Theater View (as if holding down the up/down arrow) with the Remote feature?  Without that, it's not that usable.

Not yet. I gave some suggestions above.

I have used it now for a while and I must say I am still very impressed how fast it is. Not only in browsing but also in reconnecting to the server. I have a little suggestion to make it look more seamless. If the app is woken up from a running session on the ipad you see the connection screen going in and out very fast. That is looks a little clumsy and not as pro as the rest of the gui experience.

pcstockton

« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2012, 06:34:36 pm »

I am still getting Artists inside of my Genre group.  This is new as of the last update (i think).

All other control points show Genres correctly.

Thanks!
Patrick

PS - Glynor.... are you all up and running?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2012, 04:45:39 am »

Glynor, sorry about the problems you experienced connecting. On the iPad you get the full keyboard, but of course on the iphone, you are restricted to numbers only. I will make sure this is corrected in the next version for others having the same problem.

pcstockton, are you sure this is not a configuration problem with jriver? Is it the same if you reconnect to the server?

"Go fast" feature on the trackpad will be implemented also in the next version by holding down one of the directions.

I`m guessing the next version will be ready by this week, not going quite as fast as i would like due to other projects.
Cover art browsing is mostly implemented, only a few details left. Performance seems to be pretty good on the iPad2.

The interface has also received a slight improvement, new buttons etc, to move it further away from the itunes remote look.

Again, thanks for the comments, you guys are my main source for bug reports and improvements.

pcstockton

« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2012, 08:59:46 am »

pcstockton, are you sure this is not a configuration problem with jriver? Is it the same if you reconnect to the server?

other control points show genres correctly, and it looks correct within MC.  I tested it on my work PC over the weekend and had the same issue.

This is new as it worked correctly previously.

Thanks LesPaul!!!!

rjm

« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2012, 11:43:42 am »

Sorry to repeat on this issue but AirPlay support would be an amazing addition to JRemote.

I have a work around now using AirFoil however it is inconvenient because everytime I want to use an AirPlay enabled application I have to remote into my server and turn off MC's AirFoil connection.

I'm curious if AirPlay support requires changes by JRiver, or if JRemote could implement AirPlay without any assistance from JRiver?

pcstockton

« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2012, 12:09:00 pm »

Just curious.... what do you need Airplay for in this world?

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2012, 01:26:36 pm »

is airplay the ability for Iusers to play on there Idevice? like gizmo does?

We've already bought one of these jriver addons for apple and only used it once. GF doesn't care about remote controlling she cares about being able to listen to music, watch vids etc on her Idevices.

Thanks for clarification.

rjm

« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2012, 01:33:53 pm »

Just curious.... what do you need Airplay for in this world?

I have an Apple TV connected to my family room TV and an Apple Airport Express connected to my living room stereo. With my iPad I can send audio to either or both (in perfect sync), or video to my Apple TV, provided that the iPad app supports AirPlay.

AirFoil is a work around that hooks into MC on my server and sends MC's audio to either the Apple TV or Airport Express. The problem is that I cannot control the AirFoil connection with JRemote so it is inconvenient when switching to an AirPlay enabled app. I have to remote into my server using LogMeIn on my iPad to disconnect AirFoil.

After supporting AirPlay audio the next logical step for JRemote would be AirPlay video support. This would require real time video conversion to mp4. I currently use Air Video for this task and it works remarkably well. Using my iPad, I can navigate to and play on my Apple TV every video (in all formats) located on my server. The problem with this solution is that I do not get to use JRemote, nor the tags and navigation offered by MC for my video.

I do not understand the technology here. I am curious if JRiver development is required for JRemote to support AirPlay. If it is, I will stop asking for AirPlay support in JRemote because I am sure the JRiver team has other priorities.

rjm

« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2012, 01:40:39 pm »

is airplay the ability for Iusers to play on there Idevice? like gizmo does?

We've already bought one of these jriver addons for apple and only used it once. GF doesn't care about remote controlling she cares about being able to listen to music, watch vids etc on her Idevices.

Thanks for clarification.

AirPlay lets you redirect the audio and/or video output from an iPad app to an Apple TV (video or audio) and/or Airport Express (audio only).

Example. Last night I was sitting on my couch and using my iPad navigated to a movie on my server, started playing it, and then told AirPlay to send it to my Apple TV so I could watch it on my big screen TV. Half way through the movie my daughter went to bed and I needed to be quiet so I plugged my earphones into my iPad and turned off AirPlay so I could watch the balance of my movie on the iPad screen.

pcstockton

« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2012, 01:51:07 pm »

I have an Apple TV connected to my family room TV and an Apple Airport Express connected to my living room stereo. With my iPad I can send audio to either or both (in perfect sync), or video to my Apple TV, provided that the iPad app supports AirPlay.

For what it is worth, I think you can "jailbreak"/mod the Apple TV so it appears as a DLNA renderer to MC and other servers.

I do not understand the technology here. I am curious if JRiver development is required for JRemote to support AirPlay. If it is, I will stop asking for AirPlay support in JRemote because I am sure the JRiver team has other priorities.
I am guessing that yes, it will require airplay support in MC.  And I am also guessing that is not going to happen.  $$$$$$$$

-patrick

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2012, 02:26:35 pm »

awww ok Thanks RJM... neat feature.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2012, 03:24:07 pm »

To support AirPlay JRemote would have to be not only a remote for MC but also a player/renderer for a stream send from MC to the iOS device.

For video there are some hurdles. To support AirPlay video like the way the AirVideo app/server combination does, MC will have to support
on the fly transcoding to mp4. As this would also be usefull for other scenarios, it might not be that far away, but to implement a good video
player on iOS is another story.

And then there are still the picture collections...

But audio might be much easier. As only some audio formats can be played on iOS devices, it would make sense to transcode all audio to
uncompressed and stream that to JRemote. MC can do that already on the fly (volume leveling and maybe other DSP functions can be used) and
JRemote would only have to support one format for playing.

I really would like to see something like that... Dreams come true: A cheap + convenient + synced multiroom system via LAN on top of MC!
How many years will it last until that will be possible using DLNA? Seeing all the problems and incompatibilities of those DLNA renderes I guess
it will never happen... With AirPlay it's not really music of the future.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2012, 03:45:15 pm »

The problem is that I cannot control the AirFoil connection with JRemote so it is inconvenient when switching to an AirPlay enabled app. I have to remote into my server using LogMeIn on my iPad to disconnect AirFoil.

If AirFoil runs on a Mac, it is possible to control it remotely from an iOS device with an app (via AppleScript). Unfortunately the PC version of AirFoil does not have this functionality.

Yes, it would be nice if we just could jump for example from the YouTube app to JRemote and then to a game, all connected via AirPlay to the big screen via AppleTV. But the AirPlay connection made by AirFoil blocks the AppleTV as long as it is present. Now if JRemote would also be a mediaplayer, we could forget about AirFoil :-)

pcstockton

« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2012, 04:07:52 pm »

I always recommend using hardware and software for what they are dedicated to do in great fashion, i.e. dont look for swiss-army-knife type solutions. 

rjm

« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2012, 04:15:35 pm »

To support AirPlay JRemote would have to be not only a remote for MC but also a player/renderer for a stream send from MC to the iOS device.

I really would like to see something like that... Dreams come true: A cheap + convenient + synced multiroom system via LAN on top of MC!

Love your user name :). Thanks for explaining and I agree with your dream. I don't care if it is Apple technology. Just needs to work. I have not followed DLNA devices very closely, but I guess the fact that JRiver had some trouble with their ID product suggests all is not well. I do know that my Apple TV and Express have worked flawlessly since I took them out of their boxes.

For what it is worth, I think you can "jailbreak"/mod the Apple TV so it appears as a DLNA renderer to MC and other servers.

Thanks for the tip. The fact that there are 3 iPads and 2 iTouch's and 1 iPhone in my family means AirPlay enabled apps far out number DLNA apps. Looks like I will have to learn to live with the AirFoil work around for JRiver.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2012, 04:36:11 pm »

I always recommend using hardware and software for what they are dedicated to do in great fashion, i.e. dont look for swiss-army-knife type solutions.  

Well, if the DLNA stuff (particularly hardware) would offer more than the lowest common denominator, AirPlay would not be that popular...
You can already use every DLNA controller on the iPad as a "bridge" to AirPlay hardware. But these can not take full advantage of the MC features,
only what is offered by the DLNA protocol. Think of ratings as a simple feature not available with DLNA. So why not ask for both? Why stay with the
technical limits of DLNA and the format limits of Apple if a combination of both can have the potential to deliver the best of both worlds?

And there are not only AppleTV and Airport Express. A growing number of AV receivers and other devices already also support AirPlay.
An app like JRemote could take that all a step further...

EDIT:  Of course JRemote should not be a "full featured mediaplayer app", there are already lots of them. But I wish it will some day be a MC remote
that can also start streams on MC and play them on the iOS device. So you can watch and listen on the iOS device and/or redirect via AirPlay.

pcstockton

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2012, 05:21:44 pm »

other control points show genres correctly, and it looks correct within MC.  I tested it on my work PC over the weekend and had the same issue.

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that.  I went into Library View settings and added "Genre" to the subcategories inside Genre.  All is well.

Thanks!

)p(

« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2012, 12:37:33 am »

EDIT:  Of course JRemote should not be a "full featured mediaplayer app", there are already lots of them. But I wish it will some day be a MC remote
that can also start streams on MC and play them on the iOS device. So you can watch and listen on the iOS device and/or redirect via AirPlay.

I think this is very much feasible. Jrmc already does conversion and in another thread it was mentioned that they are already looking into doing it like airvideo does. And jremote can access in the same way Gizmo does. And any audio/video on ios can in principle support airplay. So the basics are already there...but it will take some time to bring it all together in a neat package.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2012, 02:53:58 am »

I will certainly look at ways to stream using airplay etc. At the moment i`m not sure its possible. It may be possible to take the stream from webplay and resend it to an AirPlay device. As others have mentioned there will be issues with formats not supported by Apple. I`m looking forward to playing with this.

Playing on the device itself will be implemented for sure.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2012, 03:35:21 am »

hdplex, It will be easy to display ratings on a track list, I think that would be a great feature for those using ratings. I will add it for the next version.
I have also added a setting to turn rating display on or off, so it wont be visible if you don't need them.

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2012, 09:53:16 am »

hdplex, It will be easy to display ratings on a track list, I think that would be a great feature for those using ratings. I will add it for the next version.
I have also added a setting to turn rating display on or off, so it wont be visible if you don't need them.

Thanks!

pcstockton

« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2012, 11:05:41 am »

Playing on the device itself will be implemented for sure.

SWEET!  Would this include playback off of the local network?  If I could ditch PlugPlayer I would be a happy man.

pcstockton

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2012, 11:07:00 am »

Excellent idea.  I dont use Ratings.

You are the besticles!
Patrick

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2012, 12:04:43 pm »

Been using this a couple weeks now, and I truly suspect it has somethign to do with the better sales MC is seeing. Along with some other happenings out in the audiophile world. ;)

I have some comments/suggestions:

(1) When I select an album to play, I occasionally decide I don't want to hear a track or two. Would it be possible to enhance the now playing "playlist" view to allow deletions from the now playing list? Push and hold, delete?  Something like that?

(2) Please add an indication of what version is loaded and running. Perhaps on the settings screen? Does not really matter where, so long as it can be found. :)

(3) The tap screen works pretty well, though the instructions on it are somewhat cryptic to old farts like me. How, for example, do I control FF or RW on this screen? I got swipe to change selections, tap to pause or resume. :)

(4) I use an old 3GS as a remote control, and it is somewhat slow to engage sometimes. Would it be possible to have a setting in the app that keeps it alive and ready for instant usage, even at the expense of battery like? Perhaps dimming the screen and just being quiet, but still alive and ready to response to a tap? :)

Really really good job.
-Paul

lbstyling

• Recent member
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2012, 01:44:13 pm »

Great app.

only issues so far are;

1- it gets stuck on 'loading' when I try to access audio>files.- ive never managed to get in.

2- after leaving the phone for a couple of minutes, it locks and takes several attempts to re-connect to server once unlocked, a little frustrating when your trying to turn it down or pause it because the doorbell rings!

Otherwise, its a real gem of a program!

pcstockton

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2012, 01:51:45 pm »

(1) When I select an album to play, I occasionally decide I don't want to hear a track or two. Would it be possible to enhance the now playing "playlist" view to allow deletions from the now playing list? Push and hold, delete?  Something like that?
An iOS style "swipe to delete" would be great here.

(3) The tap screen works pretty well, though the instructions on it are somewhat cryptic to old farts like me. How, for example, do I control FF or RW on this screen? I got swipe to change selections, tap to pause or resume. :)
Simply slide the "Progress Indicator" dot to where you like.  Single click the Playing Now screen to access.

(4) I use an old 3GS as a remote control, and it is somewhat slow to engage sometimes. Would it be possible to have a setting in the app that keeps it alive and ready for instant usage, even at the expense of battery like? Perhaps dimming the screen and just being quiet, but still alive and ready to response to a tap? :)
I have only used on iPhone4 and iPad1.  But with every other app I have tried on my old 3G, things are slow.
If you dont leave the app it should always be ready for you.  And if you leave it I think it should still run in the background on the 3GS.

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2012, 02:25:50 pm »

I've just got round to deleting the non-functional app and re-downloading it. When I try to move it from the Mac to the ipod it says "The app "JRemote" was not installed on the iPod because it requires a newer version of iPod software."

Well, that explains why it didn't automatically update, but it doesn't reflect well on either Apple and the app store or the software writer.

My Ios is up to date, v4.2.1 - the latest available version for my ipod. Unfortunately the app store JRemote page now says that it needs v4.3 or higher. That has changed since my first (non functional) download.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up