INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center  (Read 279538 times)

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
Re: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2012, 02:49:55 pm »

Current iOS version is 5.0.1 - at 4.2.x you are a wee bit out of date.  ::)

-Paul

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2012, 10:01:25 pm »

I will certainly look at ways to stream using airplay etc. At the moment i`m not sure its possible. It may be possible to take the stream from webplay and resend it to an AirPlay device. As others have mentioned there will be issues with formats not supported by Apple. I`m looking forward to playing with this.

Playing on the device itself will be implemented for sure.

I'm so excited I could... I don't know, fall down or something.  Thank you so very much for doing this.  I really hope you do well with this app.  I'm just waiting for the next version and then I'm going to give you a nice review on iTunes.

Yes, I am all up and running with it now that we figured out the copy/paste workaround.

One thing I did want to ask... Are you planning to implement Zones support?  I really need this for many of my possible uses.  For one thing, it would allow me to more easily control my HTPC.  My server machine runs the Library Server.  When my HTPC connects to it (as it always does), the HTPC shows up as a Zone on the Server.  So, with Zones support, I could use one server address to control any machine that connects to my "main" home MC server.  As it is, I have to run the Library Server on my HTPC, even though it is also connected to a Library Server, to be able to control it (and I have two choices in my app, and have to know to switch between them).

Likewise... At the office a bunch of our TVs are DLNA devices on the network and show up as Zones on the MC server that runs our Display Wall in the Lobby.  With Zones support, I could walk around anywhere at the Lab with my iPhone or iPad, and play any video or audio file I have in that Library to any TV, connected to this one single server address, and "Play To" whatever TV I happen to be standing in front of, via a simple and easy-to-use interface.

That would be amazing.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

)p(

« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2012, 02:29:21 am »

With Zones support, I could walk around anywhere at the Lab with my iPhone or iPad, and play any video or audio file I have in that Library to any TV, connected to this one single server address, and "Play To" whatever TV I happen to be standing in front of, via a simple and easy-to-use interface.

That would be amazing.

I am not sure if this is what you want. But you can switch zones that show up on the connected server in now playing by clicking on that two squares icon next to the controls.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2012, 07:05:52 am »

Device discussion was split to a new thread.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2012, 04:09:21 pm »

I am not sure if this is what you want. But you can switch zones that show up on the connected server in now playing by clicking on that two squares icon next to the controls.

Aha!  That is exactly what I wanted.

I looked and looked and looked for the Zones support, but never found that.  Of course, I never bothered to even look under Playing Now at all, because I didn't care about managing the Playing Now list.

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2012, 09:21:53 pm »

Currently JRemote will play the whole album when user tap a track which in turn clear the now playing list.
I know I can activate the POP window by press and hold but would it be possible to make the default action for tap configurable in future release?
Thanks!
 ;D

pcstockton

« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2012, 04:33:50 pm »

I am having trouble with Video.  With obvious different tags and whatnot, my Video tab in JRemote is identical to my music.

Do I need to set up something on MC's end?

Thanks!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »

I purchased JRemote. It looks like a very nice application.

It would be nice to use JRemote as either a remote or to play music on the iPad. Is this possible or is JRemote limited to remote control device?

a.diabelli

• Recent member
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2012, 09:08:39 am »

I'm experimenting a problem using JRiver in this config:

• "Server 1" used as library server
  • "PC 2" connect directly to the hi-fi sytem using "Server 1" as library server

Both of them are in the last stable version (17.0.068)...

I connect JRemote to PC 2 and I'm able to navigate the whole library and use the app without any problem, except in playing now where the screen doesn't show the cover art (all the other infos are displayed correctly...)
Since I've introduced the new HW configuration and the JRiver SW upgrade at the same time I don't know if it's a problem of the JRiver upgrade or a JRemote bug... Any help?

Thanks,
Marco
(Sorry for my not so good english!)

pcstockton

« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2012, 09:22:49 pm »

LesPaul,

Everything working wonderfully on my end.  Great apps!  The best i have seen by far.

Over about 6 weeks I have used either the iPhone or iPad app for well over 200 hours of solid listening.  I use it with Theater view about half the time.  The other is headless.

I cant find any glitches or bugs of note with one exception:
- Video tab shows my music.  Not video.  Could we get video "media subtype" as the initial choices under video?  Like Genre?  I can control Video replay with JRemote if I start it from within MC.  

I must say this is not a big deal to me.  I can easily grab the mouse to start up a video.  And i am still not convinced MC is for me regarding video.  Some vids will only play glitch-free in VLC.  Cant easily play ISOs etc.

If I may mention the few features I find myself wishing for:
- Bio in some fashion (Wiki or LastFM)
- On iPad I would LOVE "Year" and "Genre" tags in addition to the existing bit-rate info.
- Could the iPhone's "iPod/Music controls" in the lock screen be adapted to JRemote?  Meaning, the volume and track control.  PlugPlayer can hijack these, i thought you might be able to as well.
- Play to iOS device when OFF the home network.  Please help me delete the PlugPlayer app.

Thanks again for the best control app out there.  I would happily pay for it all over again.

Cheers!
Patrick

HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2012, 09:51:22 pm »

... there is currently a bug in the iPhone version that causes the current rating not to update, so that can make it look like all subsequent tracks have the same rating.
Will be fixed in next version.

What is the ETA for the next version? I'm looking forward to being able to rate tracks from my iPhone. Thanks!

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2012, 02:58:22 am »

Hi guys,

the new version is currently for review at apple, should be out very shortly.
I have updated the images at jremote.net to reflect some of the recent changes.

The biggest new feature is gallery view on the iPad version.
The Last.FM integration was 99% done, but i ran into a small problem, so decided to drop it from this release, sorry.

Smaller additions include new graphics on now playing screen, ratings in track view, press and hold for continuous navigation in remote view.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2012, 03:53:00 am »

pstockton, thanks for the kind works.

Regarding video tab showing music, are you sure this is not a setup mistake under custom views?

- LastFm will be in the next version, should have been in this one.
- Will add year and genre tags, nice suggestion.
- Its possible to use volume and track controls, but its considered a hack and is not recommended to do.
People have had their app rejected because of this.
- Streaming to device will be one of the next features i add. Streaming through the mobile network will be part of that.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2012, 09:03:39 am »

...Streaming to device will be one of the next features i add. Streaming through the mobile network will be part of that.

This is the top feature I'm looking forward to. Thanks...

cgf

• Recent member
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2012, 10:55:47 am »

" Streaming to device will be one of the next features i add. Streaming through the mobile network will be part of that"

I also strongly vote for this feature.

behind

« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2012, 01:30:52 pm »

Hi,

Great app, I use it a lot.
Is it right that I cannot add an existing playlist (made with PC) to 'playing now'?

mantis07

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2012, 06:21:26 pm »

Les, anyway you can add a feature to show the TAG comment field text?  Maybe when an album title or song is tapped and held for an extended time? 

I love the program so far - it's the only one of many that I use every day.

Tony

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2012, 08:24:10 am »

Mantis:
I will try to add some extended tag information views to the next release. Everyone has different preferences for tags, so a good feature may be to show every available tag in a seperate view.

behind:
I`m not sure i get your question. You can add to "playing now" by pressing down on a track row for half a second or so.

BTW, looks like the new version is available the app store now.
Looking forward to some feedback on the thumbnail browsing and how it can be improved.

)p(

« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2012, 08:42:23 am »

Mantis:
I will try to add some extended tag information views to the next release. Everyone has different preferences for tags, so a good feature may be to show every available tag in a seperate view.

That could get ugly and very cluttered. Maybe you could do something similar that jriver does in options > theater view > customize file info panel.

pcstockton

« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2012, 09:17:34 am »

Yes, separate view please.  Although I would like "Year" up in the header (at least on iPad).

For the separate view perhaps you could only show those tags that actually have values entered. There are so many available it would be overwhelming.

Thanks for the update!!!  Downloading now.

Cheers! 

Patrick

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2012, 09:37:15 am »

Yes, it would be a seperate view that slides in, available from "track view" and "Now Playing" view.
I`m currently thinking of making this a "mode", so that when you are in metadata mode, selecting a track will not play the track, but rather update the info in the metadata view.

On the iPhone this view would fill the whole screen, so no special "mode" is needed.

Of course, only tags with information would be shown.

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2012, 08:28:38 pm »

I`m currently thinking of making this a "mode", so that when you are in metadata mode, selecting a track will not play the track, but rather update the info in the metadata view.

The update is great. Cover browsing is smooth. I like it!
For the metadata mode, I have a suggestion for iPad version.
Under the album or track view in imagelist mode, when user press a certain icon or area for a defined period of time.
The corresponding album or track will expand to show the metadata.

Press and expand

Under Playing now UI, when user swipe above the cover art. The track metadata will slide in and replace the cover art.

Swipe above cover art

If one window is not enough, maybe swipe right could bring up the artist bio from lastFM including the artist picture, swipe left would bring up the track metadata details instead.

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2012, 08:44:15 pm »

Looking forward to some feedback on the thumbnail browsing and how it can be improved.

One small request. When accidentally touch a track,, current playlist will be cleared and the corresponding album will be added.
Could the default function be configurable when user touch a track?
I would configure the touch to "Add this track to the playlist" function.

Thanks a lot for this great software. It made me use JRiver Center a lot more. ;D

pcstockton

« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2012, 12:12:43 am »

VERY nice.  great update. its getting all sexy.

pcstockton

« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2012, 11:16:33 am »

Regarding the tag discussions above, I would like to implore that JRemote be kept as simple and streamlined as possible.  "Tagging Modes" sounds confusing.  The auto expand in album list via "press and hold" is to similar to press for playback options.

I would suggest that the tag "pane" should be accessible via a button similar to, or adjacent to, the "Zones" button.  Also I think it should only be in "Playing Now" screen, but that is just me.

OR, the tags could be available on the forthcoming Bio page.  It would be nice to combine tags and bio into one area/screen/button.

Thanks again for the great update.  The buttons look great, the jump letters are slick and the new list views are money.

Well done!
Patrick

pcstockton

« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2012, 11:29:47 am »

One small request. When accidentally touch a track,, current playlist will be cleared and the corresponding album will be added.
Could the default function be configurable when user touch a track?
I would configure the touch to "Add this track to the playlist" function.

I am on the fence about this.  I do like the current arrangement, and I dont think I want the "Playback Options" to pop up every time I select a track.  MyRiver does this if memory serves. 

Perhaps you could implement a "Tap to Play" option in settings as with PlugPlayer.  When "On" it would work as it does currently, and as Remote does.  When "Off" a single tap would bring up the "Playback Options" as it does now with the slight press and hold.

If a "Tap To Play" setting is not possible, I would strongly vote to keep the current arrangement.

My 2 cents,
Patrick

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2012, 11:53:42 am »

I am on the fence about this.  I do like the current arrangement, and I dont think I want the "Playback Options" to pop up every time I select a track.  

I also don't want "Playback Options" popup every time.
The default function for Tap will be configurable under "Settings".
You still need to press and hold for "Playback options" window to POP.

Therefore, if you leave the tap to function as "Clear Playing Now playlist, Add the current album to the empty playlist, and start from the tapped track", nothing is changed for you.

Sorry for not explaining this clearly.

vashar

« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2012, 03:15:56 pm »

Hello LesPaul and everyone!

I've purchased the app and first impression is great except two issues:
I can't get  track time in any view (all tracks displayed as 0:00) although I can see time while playing a track!
Seems that custom views (configure DNLA server) are not accessible by the app.
Currently using MC 17 with the latest update. Am I missing something? Is it an app bug or I have a wrong configuration?

Finally if you don't mind I would like to make a suggestion. Reordering tracks in the current playlist would be great along with a clear playlist option (I'm aware that already works in other views). How about bit rate track info also?

Keep on the good work  :)

Cheers

vashar

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
JRemote playlists?
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2012, 08:48:15 pm »

How is JRemote handling adding tracks to playlists?

Is there a way to take a track and add it to a specific playlist?

Right now when I try it it seems to dump things into newly created "Recent Playing Now's" list.  How is this helpful?

I'd really like my wife to be able to use JRemote on an iPad to manage her own playlists.  Pick and choose which tracks get added or deleted, and create/delete playlists on the fly.

My setup is MC17.0.85 using an iPad 2 running 5.01 and whatever jremote comes off the appstore.  I have two zones configured in MC17, one for each audio source connected to a Russound CAV66 setup.

pcstockton

Re: JRemote playlists?
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2012, 04:52:20 pm »

How is JRemote handling adding tracks to playlists?

Press and hold (at any level), then select "add" or "playnext" or whatever you want.

I dont think there is playlist editing yet.

-Patrick

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2012, 06:44:02 pm »

I don't want to have a track play next, and right now add does something strange with multiple new "Recent Playing Now's" lists.  That's just bizarre.  I want to be able to put a track into a specific playlist.  I'd love to have just the add part as a start, to an existing list.  Being able to edit, delete, rename, etc are lower priorities.  Eventually, yes, it would be nice to have full playlist editing.

davros

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »

Hi, just wanted to add my voice to the rising chorus...Thankyou!

I  bought this app. a few weeks ago and it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I would seriously recommend you approach the JRiver crew and suggest they partner with you on this and make it THE official JRiver iPad offering replacing Gizmo (which is a joke in comparison).

My one hope is that it one day also appears on the android.

EJR

• World Citizen
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2012, 01:39:40 am »

is there a way to stop instead of pause?
 I'm using a zone for cd and for video but currently using the same audio device since it has exclusive access the audio/video needs to be fully stopped to work in the other zone

also not sure why. I recently could not use the app until I deleted the server entry and re-entered the data. not sure if this is related to all the recent jriver updates or something else

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2012, 05:42:39 am »

really nice app. big thx !
Only one wish... is it possible to move "loading images" to the settings (cause it blocks user input while loading) and store a global default list style?
btw. it seems, that preloading is not working (preload done several times, but when scrolling in Artist view I always see the load request).

Environment:
JR 17
JRemote 1.0.5
iOS 5.0.1 (iPod touch)

Thanks again,
Markus

Jdmagoo

« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2012, 12:59:55 pm »

Is there any future plans to incorporate the tv guide and ability to change channels from the guide and schedule recordings etc.

I think this along with AirPlay would be awesome to an already great app

Keep up the good work

pcstockton

« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2012, 02:31:39 pm »

Is there any future plans to incorporate the tv guide and ability to change channels from the guide and schedule recordings etc.

I think this along with AirPlay would be awesome to an already great app

Why is Airplay needed on a Remote for J River?  Can J River play to Airplay enable devices currently?  If it can, I am guessing your Airplay devices would show up as a Zone and is therefore already supported.

Regarding the TV questions.  I would rather not see this developed for the app.  It seems like it is complicated enough to bust out the mouse and keyboard for this activity.  The same would go for smartlist creation or MC Settings.

For future features there are only a few I would really like to see and would find indispensable and worthwhile.

In order of importance:
- Stream to the device OFF network (i REALLY want to ditch the unstable PlugPlayer)
- Stream to the device ON network (i assume this would come prior to the above but is less important to me)
- Artist Bio from LastFM or Wiki
- Lyrics (who know from where or how???)

Otherwise I would love this app to stay as simple and clean as possible.  Every time something like this gets more and more complicated, it introduces more and more problems.

Just my 2 cents,
Patrick

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2012, 06:11:46 pm »

I agree with pcstockton. JRemote needs to stay as simple as possible.
I am not looking for a full fledged universal remote IMHO.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2012, 08:56:46 pm »

Somehow media center and simple seems odd when mentioned in the same sentence.  It already very, very complicated.  Adding airplay output wouldn't really change that.  So that's not really a viable argument.

Id like to have an integrated way to use a airplay device as a zone for audio playback.  Video output to an apple TV or mac running mtn lion might be interestig but i could live without it.

cgf

• Recent member
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2012, 09:52:51 pm »

I use daily JRemote and my votes are the following:

- Stream media to my device along with the use of AirPlay
- Ability to create playlists
- Search into entire library (within music, movie or photo media)
- Integration with LastFM and IMDB

The application is extremely good and it's very close to be an excellent all-purpose media player

Keep up the good work!

vagskal

« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2012, 12:09:09 pm »

Thanks for making this app! Nice!

A few notes after having used the app on an iPad for only a short period of time.

a) The app seems to freeze up with long album lists while loading images. Sometimes it even crashes in this situation.

b) It should be possible to cancel a preload images process to be able to navigate.

c) In the list and small image list views the set sort order is not respected, i.e. a view set to sort albums by date imported is sorted by album name in those views, but sorted correctly in thumbnails view.

d) In the "header" when showing the tracks for only one album the MC field [Album artist (auto)] should always be used (even if the file list is filtered by a "track" artist). For an album with an [album artist] manually set, i.e. [Album artist (auto)] = that album artist, "Various" is shown if there is a guest artist on one track. - The [Date], or [Year], field should also be shown in the header. Could the bitrate also be shown?

e) In file lists the [Artist] should also be shown for each track, at least if it differs from [album artist (auto)]. In the case of a list of artists the items should be separated nicely (item1, item2, item3 & item4).

f) It there is just one item on a level, that level is skipped and the subsequent level is shown directly. Fine. But the top bar still shows the info for the (first) skipped level, not the level you are actually on. I think the top bar should always show info the accurate level. Otherwise I miss the info I have added for that level in an expression (such as album rating and year info for albums).

g) Album cover art that is not square is displayed/cropped in a strange way in the grid, i.e. for a large box set where the height is much larger than the width the upper and lower parts of the cover are just cropped. I think it is the same for artist images, but I am not sure since they are retrieved automatically.

It would be nice if the images in the grid could scale if you "pinch" or do the opposite of that.

Have you seen iPeng, an app to control Logitech Squeezeboxes (you can run it without Squeezeboxes, the playback devices; you just need the free Logitech Media Server)? It has a very nice interface and is now integrated with a browser to look up bios, album reviews and lyrics within the app. The author is really friendly and helpful.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2012, 04:36:08 pm »

So, can I get an answer about how JRemote handles adding a track to a playlist?  How does it decide what playlist to use as the destination?  Right now it appears to just make up a new one each time (in Recent Now Playings part of the tree).  Can it do something like just add the track to the currently active list?  Or is there no UI available that exposes this location for you?

Z0001

« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2012, 01:11:39 am »

Does anyone have any comment on how video performs when controlled by JRemote? For example does pause/play initiated by JRemote cause any sync issues in the audio and video? Nor does accessing right click controls cause any video lag?

Would be great to see the option of running this app in an iPad based universal remote platform.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2012, 05:45:28 am »

Hi Guys, thanks for the comments.

Bill, there is currently no way to add to an existing playlist. You can only change the "Playing now" list.
At this time I am not sure this is even possible.

I will go over your questions and recommendations later today, just a few comments:

Airplay will most likely be possible if i can get the JRiver streams to run inside iOS and not just in a webbrowser.
I have not had the time to investigate this yet, but this will be the only priority for me after the next release.

The next release, that should be available quite soon, will be a more polished version than the last. Fixed a few bugs and made quite a few adjustments.
One issue that i did not notice until recently, and nobody else have commented on, is that much of the cover art in gallery mode appear blurred. This is fixed in the next version.

It will also feature a pretty cool metadata view that slides in when activated and displays all tags for the selected file, as well as artist biography from Last.FM.
If lyrics are available in the metdata, it will be displayed in its own tab inside the metadata view.

Regarding lyrics, I have tried really hard to find a decent online service provider for automatic download of lyrics.
The problem is that lyrics are copyrighted, so there is a lot of money involved. The best service i found wanted $20K if i wanted to use them.
Other lyric service are often illegal, in that they don`t pay fees to the song writes.

The best option as of now is to add lyrics manually to the track metatags.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2012, 02:21:16 pm »

Lespaul, I just wanted to reiterate the thanks from everyone else above.  JRemote is so very, very sweet.  Extremely well done.

I can't wait for it to be able to stream music (and maybe video one day) to my phone/iPad.  Who needs iTunes Match, right?

One last little thing that bugs me... I can't get to my Images schemes in JRemote, since it uses the bottom buttons to access Audio/Video and doesn't show the "root" of the MCWS views.  Are you planning to change this?  I'd really like to see those bottom buttons be configurable, and for the default view when you first open it to be the MCWS root, including all possible views.  In addition to Audio, Images, and Video, I have a custom-defined "All Media" tree hierarchy defined from the root, and a small set of "Data" views (mostly for eBooks).

I can't get to any of those with JRemote as it is now.

pcstockton

« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2012, 03:11:31 pm »

JRemote is so very, very sweet.  Extremely well done.

Me too!  +1,000,000,000

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2012, 03:58:54 am »

Vagskal, thanks for the comments, I will comment on each of your points:

a) The app seems to freeze up with long album lists while loading images. Sometimes it even crashes in this situation.

-I will look at this issue before the next release, may be a memory issue. The app may run out of memory while downloading.
It has been reported by others too.

b) It should be possible to cancel a preload images process to be able to navigate.

-I know. Will add this, as well as a progress bar.

c) In the list and small image list views the set sort order is not respected, i.e. a view set to sort albums by date imported is sorted by album name in those views, but sorted correctly in thumbnails view.

-The reason is that I reorder the results in order to present it as a sectioned and indexed list.
Could add an option to present list as unordered, but you would loose the section headers and alphabet navigation on right side.

d) In the "header" when showing the tracks for only one album the MC field [Album artist (auto)] should always be used (even if the file list is filtered by a "track" artist). For an album with an [album artist] manually set, i.e. [Album artist (auto)] = that album artist, "Various" is shown if there is a guest artist on one track. - The [Date], or [Year], field should also be shown in the header. Could the bitrate also be shown?

- Fixed in next release

e) In file lists the [Artist] should also be shown for each track, at least if it differs from [album artist (auto)]. In the case of a list of artists the items should be separated nicely (item1, item2, item3 & item4).

- Fixed in next release, always showing artist even on single albums

f) It there is just one item on a level, that level is skipped and the subsequent level is shown directly. Fine. But the top bar still shows the info for the (first) skipped level, not the level you are actually on. I think the top bar should always show info the accurate level. Otherwise I miss the info I have added for that level in an expression (such as album rating and year info for albums).

- Its possible to display every sublevel even if it has only one item. That was actually how it was in the first version.
  I can add this back in as an option.

g) Album cover art that is not square is displayed/cropped in a strange way in the grid, i.e. for a large box set where the height is much larger than the width the upper and lower parts of the cover are just cropped. I think it is the same for artist images, but I am not sure since they are retrieved automatically.

- Images returned from JRiver may vary in size.
 I am currently not doing any resizing on the device, but may change this if performace is not affected.

It would be nice if the images in the grid could scale if you "pinch" or do the opposite of that.

- Thats a pretty cool idea actually:)

Have you seen iPeng, an app to control Logitech Squeezeboxes (you can run it without Squeezeboxes, the playback devices; you just need the free Logitech Media Server)? It has a very nice interface and is now integrated with a browser to look up bios, album reviews and lyrics within the app. The author is really friendly and helpful.

- I used iPeng quite a lot when i had a SB touch, it`s a really great remote.
I personally prefer a cleaner interface. iPeng use a lot of screen space for play controls and navigation, quite similar to the iTunes ipad remote.
When i first started developing JRemote for the ipad, I wanted to use a similar layout, but I`m not so sure anymore.
I quite like to use the whole screen for the actual browsing.

Anyway, iPeng is a really good source for inspiration.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2012, 04:04:17 am »

Glynor, I want to delay showing the "Image"  button until I have implemented a nice image gallery viewer.
I will implement a way to add custom navigation buttons, but not for the next release I`m afraid.

)p(

« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2012, 07:23:19 am »

Glynor, I want to delay showing the "Image"  button until I have implemented a nice image gallery viewer.
I will implement a way to add custom navigation buttons, but not for the next release I`m afraid.

That would be great!
One request/suggestion. My "photo" albums are mixed image and video files. I would appreciate it if the gallery viewer would support both.

EJR

• World Citizen
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2012, 09:01:47 am »

recently after a lot of updates of JRiver and JRemote it seems that i need to delete and re-enter my server data to be able to log in. no paswords or keys were changed.
not sure if its related to jriver or jremote updates.
Is this normal?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2012, 12:52:47 pm »

Glynor, I want to delay showing the "Image"  button until I have implemented a nice image gallery viewer.

No rush.

I don't use those views anywhere near as much, but it would be occasionally handy.  I actually had a situation where I needed it the day before I posted that, and it inspired me to post.

Otherwise... I can't say it enough.  Really nice job.  I really like the simple, elegant design you've gone with.  Best $10 I've spent in a long time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Up