INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center  (Read 279533 times)

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #200 on: March 02, 2012, 01:35:16 pm »

Thanks for the reply!

The reason is that I reorder the results in order to present it as a sectioned and indexed list.
Could add an option to present list as unordered, but you would loose the section headers and alphabet navigation on right side.

I would prefer the items always ordered as set in the view in MC. It would however be cool if a tap on the list button could toggle between the two sort orders.

- Its possible to display every sublevel even if it has only one item. That was actually how it was in the first version.
  I can add this back in as an option.

I have no issue at all with the skipped level(s). It is just that I miss the correct text (with custom info I have set in MC) in the top bar if a level is skipped.

Anyway, iPeng is a really good source for inspiration.

The iPeng for iPad now playing screens are really nice. The cover art is displayed really large with the possibility to get an overlay with player controls and song/album info. And you can just swipe to see the playlist and additional info (lyrics as it is now, but I guess it could be album review or artist bio instead).

Keep up the good work!

vagskal

« Reply #201 on: March 02, 2012, 11:51:06 pm »

c) In the list and small image list views the set sort order is not respected, i.e. a view set to sort albums by date imported is sorted by album name in those views, but sorted correctly in thumbnails view.

-The reason is that I reorder the results in order to present it as a sectioned and indexed list.
Could add an option to present list as unordered, but you would loose the section headers and alphabet navigation on right side.

About the section headers and a-z navigation bar:
a) If there are under A and T only items beginning with "a " and "the " respectively, then there should be no A and T section headers (and the items sorted under the next letter). If I have an album view grouped by 1, I.e. grouped by first letter, and drill into G I get 3 section headers, two small sections for A and T and one gigantic section for G that is impossible to navigate within using the right hand side navigation bar.
EDIT: Oh, and if there is an All item it gets sorted alone under A.
b) Could É be sorted under E?
c) When in an All item at file level, would it be possible in list views to have section headers representing the level above, I.e. choose All albums and have a section header for each album with its files beneath?

vagskal

« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2012, 02:57:53 am »

g) Album cover art that is not square is displayed/cropped in a strange way in the grid, i.e. for a large box set where the height is much larger than the width the upper and lower parts of the cover are just cropped. I think it is the same for artist images, but I am not sure since they are retrieved automatically.

- Images returned from JRiver may vary in size.
 I am currently not doing any resizing on the device, but may change this if performace is not affected.

I attach a couple of screenshots to illustrate. Look at the cover art for the bottom left album.

Dan1970

• Recent member
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2012, 03:33:32 pm »

c) When in an All item at file level, would it be possible in list views to have section headers representing the level above, I.e. choose All albums and have a section header for each album with its files beneath?

Yes, please implement this; at the moment it's hard to see where the next album starts in the list.

Thanks!

jgaffney

« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2012, 10:50:29 pm »

Another +1 for this app.

I e-mail the address from the jremote site so this may be a duplicate:

The issue is adding songs to a live playlist, or the "Playing now list".
When I tap a song, it wipes the existing playlist and plays what I tapped on.

If I go into the settings on the iphone, and turn OFF "NowPlaying on Select".
It still wipes the playlist but now adds the entire album, instead of the single song that was tapped.

I realize you can hold down on your selection to be prompted on a choice (Play now, Play next, Add to list etc...)

So the question is, can the default behavior be changed so a tap "Adds to" the Playing now vs wiping it out, or a tap brings up the options to chose?
The problem is most users have far to many accidental taps therefore constantly wiping out Playing Now list.

Thank you.

vagskal

« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2012, 11:34:31 pm »

In the header in file list views the track count is off by one, I.e. the number of tracks info in the header shows one song less than what is actually in the file list.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2012, 01:19:10 am »

After playing with it today more...  I have to say I agree with the sorting stuff discussed above.  The custom sorting makes all my content that starts with "The" and "A" (like The Daily Show or The Arcade Fire) show up in the wrong place in my lists.  MC handles articles correctly, and WebGizmo shows them sorted properly.

That's a worse failure than not having the jump lists on the side by a long shot.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mantis07

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2012, 09:46:07 am »

would it be possible to have a "save as favorite" button so songs could be added to a list and played back whenever?  This is a feature of the PSAudio Elyric app.

thanks
Tony

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2012, 05:54:00 pm »

Another +1 for this app.

I e-mail the address from the jremote site so this may be a duplicate:

The issue is adding songs to a live playlist, or the "Playing now list".
When I tap a song, it wipes the existing playlist and plays what I tapped on.

If I go into the settings on the iphone, and turn OFF "NowPlaying on Select".
It still wipes the playlist but now adds the entire album, instead of the single song that was tapped.

I realize you can hold down on your selection to be prompted on a choice (Play now, Play next, Add to list etc...)

So the question is, can the default behavior be changed so a tap "Adds to" the Playing now vs wiping it out, or a tap brings up the options to chose?
The problem is most users have far to many accidental taps therefore constantly wiping out Playing Now list.

Thank you.

I have been requesting this since the beginning. An accidental tap will wipe the Playing now list clean.
The default action has to be configurable in the Settings.

Yummycarp

• Recent member
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2012, 07:26:26 pm »

recently after a lot of updates of JRiver and JRemote it seems that i need to delete and re-enter my server data to be able to log in. no paswords or keys were changed.
not sure if its related to jriver or jremote updates.
Is this normal?

This happened to me as well after returning from a 1 week vacation. No updates were made.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2012, 11:59:07 pm »

When you are playing a video, the FF/RW buttons should act like the left/right arrows in MC (30 second skip ahead, etc) instead of as track forward/back.  I almost never have a reason to use Track Forward/Back while watching a TV Show or Movie or whatever, but for stuff with commercials, I can't live without the skip ahead/back function.  Getting back to the "Remote" function of JRemote and swiping doesn't cut it.

I think the best implementation would be to keep the UI as-is, though.  Five play controls is too much on the iPhone and makes the touch-targets too small in every app I've tried that has them (though on the iPad you have plenty of real-estate, of course).  Instead, I'd change it so that, when playing Video back, tapping the FF/RW buttons in Playing Now acts as the skip ahead/back command, while tap-and-holding for a second does Next/Prev Track.  On the other hand, while playing Audio back, I'd do the reverse (tapping does Next/Previous Track and tap-and-hold does FF/RW), because those actions would be more common for listening to Music.

That seems like the most functional and elegant solution to the problem.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2012, 12:03:10 am »

Also, I'd really, really, really like a quicker way to switch between Servers.  When I switch JRemote between my Server machine and my HTPC, if I happen to be buried deep down in a category, it takes a whole bunch of taps to "get back" to be able to select a different server (buried in settings).

I like how it auto-reconnects and remembers where you last-were.  Don't change that!  But some way to quickly switch to a different server from any page would be much appreciated (maybe a small always-persistent Settings button somewhere up top?)...

vagskal

« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2012, 12:09:47 am »

if I happen to be buried deep down in a category, it takes a whole bunch of taps to "get back" to be able to select a different server (buried in settings).

If you tap on one task bar button you are taken directly to the home screen where the settings button is.

vagskal

« Reply #213 on: March 08, 2012, 01:35:07 am »

I just installed the new iOS update and after that JRemote just crashes when I try to enter any category. This is on the 1 generation iPad.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2012, 02:28:41 am »

Hi guys, to my horror the latest iOS 5.1 update will indeed crash JRemote.

I have submitted the latest version for review at apple. Seemed like all it needed was a recompile
with the latest SDK. I still have no idea what the problem was.

I have emailed Apple to request the app be approved ASAP, hopefully thy will approve it within 24 hours.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2012, 02:38:40 am »

Since I had to release the latest update before i intended, I did not have time to implement all the features you have requested.
Because of this I will release a smaller update soon.

This next small update will include optional sorting, and fix other generic sorting issues.
Also, I will add default tap behavior to settings.

What did make it in this version:

Added:
- Metadata view showing all tags, Artist bio from Last FM and lyrics if available.
- Progressbar and stop button when preloading images

Changed:
- "Album Artist" tag used instead of "Artist" when available.
- Always show artist name in track views.
- Enhanced "dark" theme
- Stop button on iPad version

Fixed:
- Crashes in iOS 5.1
- A couple of issues that could cause a crash

Skeet

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2012, 03:19:05 am »

I too have the iOS5.1 crashing problem. Thanks for attempting to get the fix out so quickly.

vagskal

« Reply #217 on: March 08, 2012, 11:30:15 am »

Thanks for the quick reaction and the useful enhancements you have made and those you intend to make!

joelha

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2012, 08:58:37 am »

Hi,

Maybe this has been requested in the past, but I love the view in which the thumbnails of the artists and albums are in a column on the left of the screen and the artist or album listings are shown in text filling the rest of the screen.

If this great app could allow the user to default to this view, it would be better than constantly refreshing the screen to get it to display the music in the format I prefer.

Thanks for making it easier for me to switch back to Windows and MC (was using Mac before).

Joel

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2012, 01:02:09 pm »

Thanks for the quick reaction and the useful enhancements you have made and those you intend to make!

+1

)p(

« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2012, 05:15:36 am »

The new update is great. Love how the metadata feature is implemented on the last level of browsing. Very useful to me while selecting movies. Thanks, great work!

vagskal

« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2012, 08:11:43 am »

Thanks for the quick fix and the enhancements!

Some quick observations:

1. I miss the info in the top bar on file list level. I have the category customized with text I would like to be able to see together with the file list.

2. I would like to be able to see also custom fields (not calculated fields) in the metadata section. If at all possible a way of looking at large value custom fields (I have my album review tag in mind) would be very useful. Why is the stock [Comment] field not displayed?

3. When the album name is displayed in the file list I think you should add the year info as well, [Album] ([Year]).

4. Would it be possible to display multiple artists like this Artist1, Artist2 & Artist3 instead of  Artist1; Artist2; Artist3?

5. Would it be possible to display also track # in the file list when small thumbnails view is selected?

6. In the header for the file list I think you should use [Date] instead of [Year], i.e. 2010-08-12 if available instead of just 2010.

7. No artist bio is found for multiple artists on one track. Would it be possible to always retrieve artist bio for the primary artist (the first artist in a list of artists)? Or at least put & between the artists when searching lastFM?

8. I think the metadata window should just go away if the user changes to thumbnail display of the file list.

9. The large cover art in the now playing screen should be the cover art for the playing track not the cover art for the album, i.e. the cover art that is shown when viewing metadata for the track. Why is the year/date info not displayed in the header above the playlist? Would it be possible to have the option to display thumbnails in the playlist?

Thanks for a great app!

pcstockton

« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2012, 02:36:53 pm »

Great update LesPaul.  Simply awesome.

Thanks for getting that out so quickly.  Your support is unparalleled.

One little request....  Just for me, others may like it as it stands.  Could the default, when you into the metadata/bio screen, be the Bio?  Maybe have that an option in settings?

Thanks again.

-patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

multiblitz

• Recent member
« Reply #223 on: March 11, 2012, 11:22:40 am »

I bought jremote as well and like the look very much. I have just one issue:

The volume slider goes always back to zero / the very left.

So, you cant see how much volume is set, you can move the slider and set the volume, that works, but once the new volume is set and you dont touch it anymore, it goes back to the left. Fortunately the volume from the speaker stays aa set, but when you want to chabge volume you have to guess to where you need to slide to.

This is the case with my ipad (4.3.x) as well as with my iphone with 5.1. I am using a Juli@ card with Asio, so I need to use the internal volume setting of MC, no other Mixer would work.

other remote software do not have that issue.

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2012, 03:31:28 am »

Hi,

When do expect to add WebPlay(streaming to device) feature to the app?

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2012, 12:27:25 pm »

Here's my wish list before I can purchase/use this:

The ability to see and change ratings from the playing now screen. Also need to see the ratings next to song titles while browsing within albums.

Looking forward!

The ability to see and change the ratings from the playing now screen is working great! Any chance for adding the ability see ratings while browsing? I'm gussing maybe it's there on the iPad version but I'm hoping to see this on the iPhone version. Maybe something like what's in the "before and after" shot below? I wouldn't expect to change any ratings from this screen (it'd be cool though), but seeing ratings from this screen sure would make picking what to play on the fly much easier.
Either way, thanks for this great app.

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2012, 12:42:04 pm »

This next small update will include optional sorting, and fix other generic sorting issues.
Also, I will add default tap behavior to settings.

Thank you so much! You are the best ;D

I really love the way you integrated metadata and bio view into the UI.
Good job!

pcstockton

« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2012, 12:42:20 pm »

No offense wombat, but there is already limited space there.  I wouldn't like it to get any smaller and more cluttered.

Just my 2 cents.

Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #228 on: March 12, 2012, 01:03:26 pm »

No offense wombat, but there is already limited space there.  I wouldn't like it to get any smaller and more cluttered.

Just my 2 cents.

Patrick

Actually, if you look at the example above, nothing is smaller. Yes there is more information shown, and the functionality is increased. Maybe make it an option to show ratings here so that people that don't use them don't have to see them.

)p(

« Reply #229 on: March 12, 2012, 01:17:17 pm »

Actually, if you look at the example above, nothing is smaller. Yes there is more information shown, and the functionality is increased. Maybe make it an option to show ratings here so that people that don't use them don't have to see them.

In your examples but especially with classical music in a lot of cases there are long artist and album names which really dont need additional clutter.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2012, 01:35:10 pm »

Yes there is more information shown, and the functionality is increased.

On a small, touchscreen device especially, form = function.  They are not separate things.

More is not better.  I have to agree with pcstockton and )p(.  The main thing I like about JRemote is that it is not excessively cluttered.  Simple, clean, elegant design FTW.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2012, 05:28:13 am »

Thanks for the comments guys. It`s really helpful for me.

Joelha:
I love the view in which the thumbnails of the artists and albums are in a column on the left of the screen and the artist or album listings are shown in text filling the rest of the screen.
I assume you are talking about the way the iTunes remote is showing multiple albums. I intend to make a solution like this for the track view.

vagskal:
I miss the info in the top bar on file list level. I have the category customized with text I would like to be able to see together with the file list.
Will be back in the next version

I would like to be able to see also custom fields (not calculated fields) in the metadata section. If at all possible a way of looking at large value custom fields (I have my album review tag in mind) would be very useful. Why is the stock [Comment] field not displayed?
All fields will be displayed in the next update. It`s already possible to see large text fields, the column will strech in height to adjust itself to the content.

When the album name is displayed in the file list I think you should add the year info as well, [Album] ([Year]).
Yeah, why not, I`ll add it.

Would it be possible to display also track # in the file list when small thumbnails view is selected?
Yes, I`ll see if that will look ok.

In the header for the file list I think you should use [Date] instead of [Year], i.e. 2010-08-12 if available instead of just 2010
I think only year is returned from jriver, but I`ll check again.

No artist bio is found for multiple artists on one track. Would it be possible to always retrieve artist bio for the primary artist (the first artist in a list of artists)? Or at least put & between the artists when searching lastFM?
I think so, if the artists are delimited by a standard character, will check.

I think the metadata window should just go away if the user changes to thumbnail display of the file list
I  agree. One of the things I did not have time to do before releasing the update.

The large cover art in the now playing screen should be the cover art for the playing track not the cover art for the album, i.e. the cover art that is shown when viewing metadata for the track. Why is the year/date info not displayed in the header above the playlist? Would it be possible to have the option to display thumbnails in the playlist?
Indeed, at the moment i only switch image if the new album name is different from the last. Will fix.

pcstockton:
Could the default, when you into the metadata/bio screen, be the Bio? Maybe have that an option in settings?
I`m not sure yet, but I guess when I get more content in there it could be useful.

multiblitz:
The volume slider goes always back to zero / the very left.
This is indeed a bug in the latest release. I never use the volume myself, so assumed it worked. Will be fiex for the next release.

nickba
When do expect to add WebPlay(streaming to device) feature to the app?
Soon:), Will start on it after the next small release. I want the rest of the remote to be solid before implementing.

wombat66
On the iPad version you can see the rating, but not change it. Hovever you can change the rating from the metadata view.
On the iPhone, there is very little space, so as others have mentioned it would not really be appropriate.
However, i`see ll if i can find a way to show it in a discrete manner. In any case you would not be able to change the rating.

vagskal

« Reply #232 on: March 14, 2012, 02:23:28 am »

Thanks! You are very responsive!

Would it be possible to display also track # in the file list when small thumbnails view is selected?
Yes, I`ll see if that will look ok.

This is mostly for mock albums like the Rolling Stones Magazine top 500 songs, where I have collected the songs I have and added singles cover art to each file. The ability to see the position (track #) as well as the singles cover art would be useful.

Here are a couple of more observations:

a) I think you should always use [Album artist (auto)] in the header of the file list. As it is now the track artist(s) for the first track is shown in the header for VA albums, which is a bit misleading.

b) If a smartlist, or other file list, is empty show some text in the file list header to that effect ("No files to show"). As it is now only "'" is shown, which is rather cryptic.

multiblitz

• Recent member
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2012, 07:44:12 am »

Great to hear, that you take care of the bug in the next release...is there a forecast when the next release if to be expected ? The volue setting is very import for those, who diectely use jriver as the preamp...

Another idea: Could you at some point of time store the library meta data like title information and cover art on the ipad ? Like a buffer which is filling itself over time...so that the reaction times become blazing fast ?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2012, 08:05:40 am »

multiblitz:

The new version will be out in a a couple of weeks time.
This was supposed to be a small maintenance release, but will be a bit bigger.

New featurer include:
- Much improved search functionality
- Search similar tags by selecting a tag in metadata view
- Much faster image display. All covers are now downloaded and displayed while scrolling, no need to stop scrolling and wait for the refresh.
- Toggle custom sorting on/off.

Storing metadata locally may be a good idea, but it would need to be deleted and refreshed on every new connection.
This is because the data returned from JRiver, specifically the id`s of files and items may change over time.

multiblitz

• Recent member
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2012, 02:18:46 pm »

That's great...looking forward...

I think that in the real world, the asynchronous, local buffering would be not such a big problem, I think most of us are not changing their music library each day or each minute. A simple buttom to re-start synchronization if needed (when the library has been changed) would be sufficient. A real fast reaction time is making the difference like night and day.

I guess a Napster-Streaming Option is too unrealistic, right ? This would send my Sonos-System in retirement (which I currently use to "google" music and play it back immediately (flatrate)).

hdplex

• Recent member
« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2012, 12:34:53 am »

- Search similar tags by selecting a tag in metadata view

Wow, this is extremely useful function!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2012, 07:35:16 am »

I split discussion about charging for a new feature to a new thread here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70924.0

MasterC

• Recent member
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2012, 03:10:01 pm »

I just installed the latest version of JRemote on my new Ipad.  Everything seems to run great, except for a few issues I keep having.

When I browse to my video collection, I am having issues viewing any of my movie files. If I try to browse by using "All files(by date imported)" or "All files(by name)" JRemote will boot me right out of the app.  If I try to browse using types>movie, JRemote will boot me out of the app. However, if I browse types>TV show, it will show all my TV show files perfectly fine.  What is even more odd is that if I browse by "years", it will pull up all my movie files just fine!

All of the other views seem to work fine, including all the audio related views.  However, this seems to be a major bug since I can't browse my movie collection using anything but the "years" view.  I've tried some custom views I've set in J River for browsing my movies and they don't work either.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can offer me on this.....

multiblitz

• Recent member
« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2012, 05:50:57 pm »

I forgot:When you fix the bug on the volume slider, could you please integrate a display of the volume setting like -6.3db as in mc ? That would ne xtremly helpful when comparing certain sound settings in different zones...to know that you chose the same volume...

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2012, 07:06:55 pm »

In your examples but especially with classical music in a lot of cases there are long artist and album names which really dont need additional clutter.

One man's clutter is another man's essential tool!  :)

I rely on those track ratings. The first thing I do upon entering a new album into my library is to rate the tracks (and I'm now using JRemote for this). Later in the week I will have people over and audition music for them. I usually start with a prepared playlist but on the fly I'll pull up new albums and play the top one or two tracks. I do this by browsing in album view and looking for those rating stars. At this point, when browsing in album view, those stars are more important than the artist's name!

Before I even purchased JRemote, I stated the following on page one of this thread:

Here's my wish list before I can purchase/use this:

The ability to see and change ratings from the playing now screen. Also need to see the ratings next to song titles while browsing within albums.

Looking forward!

The immediate response from LesPaul was:

Thanks wombat, definitely on my to-do list.

Great!

Of course I purchased JRemote as soon as it was clear that ratings were enabled. Unfortunately the key element of seeing the ratings in album view is only in the iPad version. If I could fit an iPad in my pocket, I'd buy one today!

So yes, LesPaul, when you stated:

wombat66
On the iPad version you can see the rating, but not change it. Hovever you can change the rating from the metadata view.
On the iPhone, there is very little space, so as others have mentioned it would not really be appropriate.
However, i`see ll if i can find a way to show it in a discrete manner. In any case you would not be able to change the rating.

Yes! I'll take you up on any manner of showing the ratings in album view in the iPhone version! Like I said earlier, maybe make it an option that can be toggled in the settings, or like you suggested, something discrete. Either way works great for me. I'd even be happy with the option for this being an in-app purchase!

As Glyner said, "On a small, touchscreen device especially, form = function." But for me, function trumps form... always. If the function I need isn't there, I won't use it. In fact this is why I'm here using JRiver Media Center in the first place and not iTunes.

In the meantime, I'm still "porting" everything over to a Squeezebox library so I can use iPeng combined with TrackStat just so I can see the ratings on my iphone. There are a lot of hoops I jump through to get those ratings visible, but for me, they're not clutter, they're indispensible, so jump I must. But hopefully not for long, because the JRemote / MC / Whitebear/ Squeezebox route would be far easier.

rjm

« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2012, 12:38:31 pm »

Love the latest release. Thanks!

Have not read all the comments in this thread so sorry if this is a repeat.

I have configured a video view to show categories in the order: Artist, Album.

If an artist has multiple albums when I select an album the view header displays Album. I think it should display "Artist, Album" just like audio views do.

If an artist has only 1 album, when I select the Artist the view header displays Artist. I think it should display "Artist, Album" just like audio views do.

vagskal

« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2012, 02:56:18 am »

Changed:
- "Album Artist" tag used instead of "Artist" when available.
- Always show artist name in track views.

Artist name is not shown when the file list is displayed as thumbnails.

Z0001

« Reply #243 on: March 26, 2012, 01:49:30 am »

Does anyone know if JRemote can be launched from within other apps? I'd like to be able to launch it from the iRule remote control app.

Zootsuit

• World Citizen
  • too cool for school
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2012, 08:49:31 am »

I just installed this on my new iPad (non-iPad 3) and created a zone for the laptop connected to my audio system. It works seamlessly. This is one spectacular app, and I haven't begun to explore its versatility.

Several possible bugs to report, and one or two preliminary comments.

When I attempt to use the search function by name of artist or by genre (I use that field in my library), the program crashes and I'm booted out. Never fails.

Also, tapping on the album icon brings up a blank page that doesn't fill. Attempting a search by album name crashes the program.

I've used the comment field on MC for reviews, personnel and other data that often doesn't show up in Last.fm's bio data, so adding that would be very useful for me. Streaming to the iPad would be the bee's knees.  ::)

At $10, JRemote outperforms apps and programs costing multiples of that and your support is outstanding.

pcstockton

« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2012, 09:09:07 am »

LesPaul,
I am also now on new iPad 2012.

When I "preload images" in thumbnail, it crashes right before it finishes.  It is fine in "small art/list mode".

Question.  What is this preload supposed to do anyway?  It doesn't change behavior at all.

One tiny request if you dont mind.

Can each "level" remember what style of list you used last?  I could swear it worked like that previously.  I like Artist in "List with art" style, and Albums in "thumb grid"

Otherwise it continues to be an app I use for hours a day.  Best ever.  It really makes J River a complete solution.

Cheers!
Patrick

sunfire7

« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2012, 03:52:54 pm »

Finally bought it after read the positive comments, this is a great app and worked perfectly,thank you LesPaul!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

Z0001

« Reply #247 on: March 30, 2012, 08:10:49 pm »

Does anyone know if JRemote can be launched from within other apps? I'd like to be able to launch it from the iRule remote control app.

Anyone know if this works? LesPaul?

ounal

• Recent member
« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2012, 07:14:18 am »

Hello;

I am using JRiver and JRemote and love them both. Actually I am quite unfamiliar to the software but getting used to it quickly. However I have some problems related to the JRemote and I would like to have your opinions about them. They are as follows:

1) Suppose you have 6 tracks in an album with 2 different composers, say Mozart and Chopin. Lets assume that the first three tracks are composed by Mozart and the rest by Chopin. If you make a search for Mozart with "composers" category you get only three tracks. If you want to listen the whole album, you can use "expand to full" feature, which is very useful, creating a new "search list" in the "category view". Thus far, everything seems ok. Howewer, I could not expand to full album view when using JRemote. I've tried many different configurations in the category view of the media network in the JRiver but I always get the tracks not the albums.

2) When you make a search with JRemote using the search section, you only get the associated tracks. For example if you try to search Stacey Kent and if you have, say, 10 albums  of her, you get dozens of tracks in the search list but not the albums.  This is quite annoying to tell the truth.

3) I always collect the associated high quality pdf booklets of the albums that I download from internet and I import them into the JRiver. Is there any way to see these booklets via JRemote? If not, is it possible to implement such feature for the next releases of the software? I am sure especially meticulous classical music listeners will benefit from it, as reading the pdf files while listening to a new album is a pure joy.

Otherwise, at least for now, your software is excellent. If you could suggest anything about the above problems I would highly appreciate.

Thank you very much.

pcstockton

« Reply #249 on: April 04, 2012, 09:41:10 am »

2) When you make a search with JRemote using the search section, you only get the associated tracks. For example if you try to search Stacey Kent and if you have, say, 10 albums  of her, you get dozens of tracks in the search list but not the albums. 

Agreed on the tracks only search.  It would be cool if there was "Artists" that satisfied the search at the top of the list.

I dont think I want or need "Albums" because you can simply drill down from "Artist".  It would be great if they were at the top of the list.

Thanks!
Patrick
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 20   Go Up