INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center  (Read 279542 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #950 on: March 09, 2013, 12:04:54 am »

Recent audio imports are not in track order. These do have the track numbers in the MC tags and are in track order in MC. They were ripped with dBpoweramp and all have the correct track number in the file tags.

There is no apparent logic to the order that JRemote is displaying them, not alphabetical, or file size, as far as I can tell.

Any ideas?

Thanks

csimon

« Reply #951 on: March 09, 2013, 06:08:17 am »

The order in which JRemote displays tracks is determined by the Gizmo/WebGizmo views in MC. Can you have a look at the configuration to see what order is being specified.

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #952 on: March 10, 2013, 07:48:48 pm »

I would have a feature suggestion:

I use many playlists to have music for different events and moods. When listening to music I often wonder, if I have already added this song to one or more playslists I see fit.
So, it would be perfect, if the playlists the song is in, are listed in the tags view. JRiver actually gives this information in the tags list but not JRemote.

Of course, it would be perfect to add/remove a song from playlists, and I really hope that this feature will be added to the API soon. I have the feeling many people are waiting for this.

But for now the information would also help greatly. Any chance for implementation?

joelha

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #953 on: March 11, 2013, 03:50:50 pm »

Is there any reason why JRemote would not work properly on the same music server when that server is switching zones between two output devices (in this case DAC's)?

I realize this is not a JRemote forum, but I'm hoping someone might have some experience with JRemote and switching zones who could comment.

I tried doing the above myself and ran into problems. I will see, if necessary, if I can get an answer from the JRemote folks as well.

Thanks,

Joel

csimon

« Reply #954 on: March 12, 2013, 04:49:51 am »

I don't think there's any reason wy it would not work, apart from bugs, zone swtichign works for me. In what way are you geting problems, and do you get the same problems when doing the same thing in JRiver itself?

Z0001

« Reply #955 on: March 12, 2013, 06:50:44 am »

The order in which JRemote displays tracks is determined by the Gizmo/WebGizmo views in MC. Can you have a look at the configuration to see what order is being specified.

There is nothing specific about track order listing in my "Advanced" section under the Media Network options.

I have specified under Audio for alphabetical Album Artist followed by alphabetical Album. Nothing further. This is how I do it in Theatre View and it works fine - I can see a list of tracks in numerical track order after I pass the Album level.

When I include Track# I get an extra layer in JRemote where the selection goes from Album to Track# to track, ie an extra level to drill down, without showing the entire listing of tracks in that album.

Any ideas?

csimon

« Reply #956 on: March 12, 2013, 07:09:57 am »

I have specified under Audio for alphabetical Album Artist followed by alphabetical Album. Nothing further. This is how I do it in Theatre View and it works fine - I can see a list of tracks in numerical track order after I pass the Album level.

Theatre View does sometimes make its own assumptions and guesses and "modifies" the views that have been specified in order to present to you what it thinks you want, whereas other places may take the views literally.

Try adding a sort rule in Rules For File Display, to sort by Track # ascending.  This should explicitly sort the files by track # instead of creating another category/level.

joelha

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #957 on: March 12, 2013, 08:28:04 am »

I don't think there's any reason wy it would not work, apart from bugs, zone swtichign works for me. In what way are you geting problems, and do you get the same problems when doing the same thing in JRiver itself?

Thanks for your response, csimon.

I switch between redbook cd files and DSD files.

When playing redbook cd files, all appears just fine as the files play.

But when I play DSD files, nothing moves on the screen. While the files play in MC, the time counter in JRemote doesn't move off of 0:00, there's no indication of which track is playing, the pause, and the next track buttons don't work, etc.

Any idea why this would be happening?

Thanks,

Joel

csimon

« Reply #958 on: March 12, 2013, 08:31:21 am »

Does this work in JRiver itself?  Why are you asking about problems with zone switching? You are not switching zones.

joelha

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #959 on: March 12, 2013, 08:43:18 am »

Does this work in JRiver itself?  Why are you asking about problems with zone switching? You are not switching zones.

I didn't try out every feature in JRiver, but when I remote in to the server, the time counter is moving and I can play and pause the music.

Joel

csimon

« Reply #960 on: March 12, 2013, 08:47:10 am »

So to summarise what the problem is:

CD files play OK on both DACs in both MC and JRemote
DSD files play in MC on both DACS in both MC and JRemote but the controls do not work in JRemote

Is that correct?

joelha

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #961 on: March 12, 2013, 08:59:53 am »

So to summarise what the problem is:

CD files play OK on both DACs in both MC and JRemote
DSD files play in MC on both DACS in both MC and JRemote but the controls do not work in JRemote

Is that correct?

Almost. CD files play in both devices. DSD files play in only one device, which is why I have two devices. JRemote controls the files just fine when playing CD files on the one device. But JRemote doesn't work properly when I'm playing DSD files on the second device. I should add that before I had the zones in place, I could control either device just fine via JRemote.

It's just that the zones make the operation of both devices much easier.

Does that help?

Thanks a lot.

Joel

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #962 on: March 12, 2013, 09:17:12 am »

It is possible that JRemote will work with MC 18.0.146 for Mac now.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79101.0

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #963 on: March 12, 2013, 10:11:09 am »

Hi guys, I have moved JRemote to a new thread.

This thread has grown too big. Thank you for all the comments, bug reports and feature requests:)

You can find the new thread here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79104.0
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up