INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center Purchase  (Read 1715 times)

cr250r1

• Recent member
Media Center Purchase
« on: December 24, 2011, 04:05:44 pm »

Hello All

Not to sure if I should have purchased MC.  I had Media Monkey installed before and it was so much simpler.  I mainly use it for music.  I have several computers and all of my flac files are on one computer.  I enabled DLNA server on computer with flac files.  I then copied a copy of the invitation to clipboard and pasted it to notepad.  This is what notepad said

If you have a copy of Media Center 16 on your PC, you can play media from my library by selecting 'File > Library > Connect to Library...' and then entering the following access key:

Seriously I have 16 installed and I followed the directions.  There is is no File > Library > Connect to Library where I can put the key in.
Also when I try to update my library why is there not a button that says update library.  Push one button located in a place that is easily seen and it updates ur library.

I really want to like MC because it does a lot.  But the simple things are not so simple.

Sorry but just for using mostly music i would stay away from MC.  It should just be easier and work as stated when u drop 50 dollars  'File > Library > Connect to Library...'.  :(

Can I have my money back.

cr250r1

• Recent member
Re: Media Center Purchase
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:10:57 pm »

Oh well I did purchase it so can someone tell me exactly how to add the key to a client computer?

Thanks

cr250r1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:43:09 pm »

Another thing.  I spent a lot of time ripping my music to flac.  I had to change the name of the folders that I keep my music in due to backup reasons.  For example the original files were named Music A to L.  This folder got to big so I had to change it to A to I which made the folder smaller and would fit on a 500gb hard drive.  Well this changed the next folder to J to Q from M to Q.  I back these folders up occasionally on individual hard drives.  I do this because I have lost media and had to re-rip due to hard drive failures so I always keep a backup.

Well I went into the options Library and Folders and deleted the folder names that changed and added the new ones.  Closed and restarted MC went into audio and files.  Under location it still shows the old folders and all the music associated with it.  I have to manually delete the folder.  The first one went fine the second one froze MC and I had to do a end task.

Seriously why when changes are made MC will not delete the folder that is no longer in Library and Folders.  Its starting to worry me that at sometime it is going to mess up my flac files.  If you use this program make sure that ur media is backed up.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 04:56:27 pm »

Use File/Library/Library Manager/Add to Library to enter your Access Key on a second computer if you want to connect to a library on the first computer.  Otherwise, please describe what you want.

cr250r1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 06:09:58 pm »

Jim 

Thanks for the reply.  It did work all though it is updating tags and says its not responding.  I will give it a little time.  Oh well just checked the program is not responding and needs to close.

i do not know I spent a lot of time reading wiki support and searching before posting here for ways to do things.  None of it is up to date.  Seriously I feel like it was a waste of 50 dollars.  I recommend programs to friends and can not recommend this program. Wyred4Sound recommended this program when I bought the dac2.

At least could you tell me how to update the library and have it remove files that are no longer in that location.  This is my last question.  I will gladly delete it off of my computers if you will refund me half the money.

Very disappointed in this program.

cr250r1

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 06:14:47 pm »

Did it again it worked this time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up