INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.266 Beta Available...  (Read 5496 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.266 Beta Available...
« on: May 06, 2002, 01:32:56 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.266 beta is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8Upgrade.exe

WARNING: This is beta software, do not download and install it if you are not sure of your abilities to deal with bugs.

Please backup your library and your license.

History:
1. Changed: Visualization quality (scaling) moved to main right-click menu.
2. Fixed: (finally) "Next playlist" command from remote would skip over smartlists.
3. Fixed: More accurate response for remote controls (less button "bounce").
4. Fixed: Tab order in some settings dialogs.
5. Changed: Made play button mode for visible files have "all" and "selected" choice.
6. Changed: Deleting files from Playing Now much smarter. (no more aggressive update)
7. Fixed: MJ would check the filter state AFTER it checked if the file could be found.
8. Fixed: Media Library view schemes could become invalid when viewing by numeric fields that had spaces in them.
9. Fixed: MJ would always switch to "Playing Now" when returning from mini-me.
10. Fixed: Double-clicking on a tree item to start playback with shuffle enabled, would always play the first track first. (again)
11. Fixed: Deleting files from the mini-me playlist would not work.
12. Fixed: Media Jukebox could slowly leak GDI resources.
13. Fixed: Package Installer would not install some packages correctly.
14. Changed: MJ will do a more aggressive sound card flush on "stop".
15. Changed: Default file naming rule (for ripping and recording) changed to "TRACK# - NAME" from "ARTIST - ALBUM - TRACK# - NAME"
16. Fixed: Pathnames that exceed the windows maximum length will be truncated when ripping/recording.

ZRocker

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.266 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2002, 02:09:22 pm »

The full install of 8.0.266 is not posted (on the FTP site)...will it be?

Alonso Nefarious

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2002, 02:13:31 pm »

Volume slider: volume change and slider lags behind mouse.  When the volume is changed by click-drag on the slider, the volume and slider lag significantly behind the mouse, making it hard to find the right volume.  Wheel works w/o lag, but is too slow.

Also it would be nice if the volume slider got larger because it is short and therefore hard to use.  Think about it, most folks use the volume slider much more than the track position slider, yet the volume slider is smaller, and can't be adjusted, while the track position slider adjusts with window width.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.266

CPU: Intel Pentium III 548 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 261 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows NT  Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6 (Build 1381)

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 4.00
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

mphorton

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2002, 02:17:02 pm »

>>>>>>..Think about it, most folks use the volume slider much more than the track position slider

I wonder if that's true. Never touch the volume slider myself (it's set to 100% and I adjust the volume via the speakers), but I use the track position routinely.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2002, 02:26:29 pm »

Just a note -- Playing Now deletion corrupting the [Seq] will be fixed in the next build.

1. Fixed: New "smarter" Playing Now deletion wasn't so smart in release mode.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

vcolombo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2002, 04:24:51 pm »

The Skin Manager bug I mentioned in the 8.0.265 release thread is still there. This is an extremely irritating problem so hopefully it will be fixed in 8.0.267.

Thanks,

Vince

shelly

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2002, 04:34:51 pm »

1.  Every 3-4 cd's that I insert cause MJ to lock up while attempting to read the data, forcing a hard boot.  This has not occured in any prior build.

2.  I think this has been reported before, but the track position slider is not in sequence with the track being played.  The bar returns to the start position during the last 2-4 seconds of track play and the counter indicates
"-4", "-3", etc.

3.  I've asked this before but have not received a response - has the "artist info" function not yet been enabled? It only produces an empty page when clicked on.

Skiinyfatz

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2002, 04:46:28 pm »

I'm going to echo ZRockers question, why is not the full install of .266, on the FTP site, and will it be, (please)

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2002, 04:48:45 pm »

We're offering the latest beta only here, not on the download page.  That's the way we chose to do it.

The full version (9MB) is a build behind this one.  That will continue for the next couple of weeks until we release 8.0.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2002, 04:49:39 pm »

Shelly

this may have something to do with CDDB
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

TBone

CDDB
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2002, 04:59:29 pm »

I've been using 7.2.260 until a few days ago when I decided to try 8.x.  Lots of awesome improvements, but there is one problem I'm having.  When a prerecorded CD is read, the CDDB lookup launches and is sometimes successful with artist, album, date, and genre, but is not getting track titles.  Eventually, it times out and the following error is reported: The parameter is incorrect. (80070057).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

T

Skinnyfatz

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2002, 04:59:57 pm »

JimH, I can understand the logic behind that, but what's here, is the upgrade, not the regular full install. Any compromise for those of us that don't do the upgrade bit?

shelly

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2002, 05:02:28 pm »

KingSparta,

I thought that it could be CDDB or even my discs, but the strange thing is, that as soon as I reboot, the disc is read accurately. This is also the first time, that instead of being kicked out of MJ, MJ freezes and the title bar indicates "not responding."

JimH

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2002, 05:06:36 pm »

Skinnyfatz,
If you want the latest build, it will be an upgrade only.  If it's stable, we may put the full build on the downloads page a day or two or three later.
Jim Hillegass

LCtheDJ

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2002, 05:09:43 pm »

Mega skins in maximized mode appear to be shaved off at top and bottom.

Toolbar buttons keep resizing smaller so that text on them is shorted: "Import Me..." instead of "Import Media"; "Media Libr...".

I get 2-3 seconds lag on redraw from Playing Now to Playlist.  One time I got a music drop-out at the same time! (with performance slider set at mid point)

JimH

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2002, 05:21:08 pm »

LCtheDJ,
Which skin?  Is it the same on others?  How about without skins?
Jim Hillegass

LCtheDJ

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2002, 05:39:13 pm »

Green Eys, Tekno, Z, and Skins Disabled, all appear to lose about 2-3 pixels all the way around when maximized.

I still get a click just before the music when starting playback from Stopped.  It does this when mouse click is on the play button or Next or Previous.

That brings me back to an old peeve of mine.  The player should not play until I hit the play button.  If the player is stopped and I hit the Next or Previous button, I should get only Next or Previous; not Next & Play or Previous & Play.  It makes it real tough to silently queue up a track when it behaves that way.  If I was only enjoying the music by myself it wouldn't be such a big deal to me; but when I'm playing for a hundred people, I don't want them hearing my player jump the gun.

CPU: AMD Athlon 905 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 356 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.4718
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

nVidia GeForce3 Ti 200 with driver 6.13.10.2832, display at 1024 x 768.

vcolombo

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2002, 05:39:59 pm »

Just noticed some things...

1) When viewing a CD, if you press F5 to do a refresh it takes you to Playing Now. This also happens if you choose Rip CD then cancel it.

2) Renaming a CD by right clicking on the CD icon and choosing Rename from the menu doesn't change the album name in the track listing (for the individual tracks).

3) Renaming a CD by right clicking on the CD icon and choosing Rename, then editing the name causes an additional drive letter to be tacked on. For example, in my drive right now is "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs (Disc 1) (GNext Page (GNext Page (GNext Page" after renaming it twice. That's supposed to be the drive listing, not a smiley but I can't seem to get rid of the smiley.

4) Just a cosmetic thing, but in the tool bar it says "Rip CD", if you right click on a track it says "Rip (Copy)...", and if you right click on the actual CD icon in the tree it says "CD Copy". This should be consistent.

Vince

CPU: AMD Athlon 1595 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 542 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.

shelly

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2002, 06:03:15 pm »

Regarding item #1 in my above post:  The problem with MJ freezing while gathering track info, only occurs when the cd is inserted in my PlexWriter 16/10/40A. I'm not experiencing the same problem with my Pioneer DVD drive.

nyc-ink

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2002, 06:11:37 pm »

Hi Guys hope you are all well.  Just downloaded the beta, I like the interface, I'll let you know about other aspects as I try them out.
Brian

vcolombo

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2002, 06:14:08 pm »

I also had MJ crash after ripping a few CDs. Just closed itself out when I tried to rip the 4th CD.

While I'm at it, MJ also crashes on me when I try to analyze replay gain on a group of files. I've tried it with 10 files and I've tried it with over 2000 selected and it happens either way. Once I was able to make it through a group of about 160 tracks without it crashing.

Vince

Skinnyfatz

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2002, 06:21:47 pm »

Brian,
     Nice to see ya back. Been a while.Listening to: 'Hell Freezes Over ' by 'The Eagles' on Media Jukebox

MattRensing

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2002, 07:33:41 pm »

Not likely what you want to hear at this point and, most likely, entirely undiagnosable and unfixable.  But, just for the sake of completeness...

MJ occasionally locks up my system during playback; completely locks, such that use of the power switch is required.  The exact timing of it appears to be a fairly random distribution.  On average, I get this 1-2 hours into use, though certainly not every time.  A little experimentation has shown that it is not MJ itself (I can leave MJ playing all day if I'm not actively using my computer, and it never suffers any problems).  I've noted two programs that I have been using when it does lock up:  Internet Explorer and Gamespy Arcade.  I'd completely write off the Gamespy problem as an issue with their notoriously difficult software, but IE seems a bit suspect.  Also, I don't experience problems such as these when not using MJ.  Again, I fully recognize that a release is impending and don't expect that this can be addressed, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

As a second, possibly more fixable issue...
The gradient settings for the Super Scope visualization do not appear to function correctly.  First noticed this with the Rainbow Cycle setting; it seems to fade to black periodically, but not periodic with the actual cycling of the colors.  If you consider three major colors in the cycle (Green, Red, Blue), it will appear every fourth color (i.e. I see Green, Red, Blue, Green, Fade to black, Blue, Green, Red, Blue, Fade to Black, Red, Blue, Green, Red, Fade to Black, etc.).  Playing more with it, I noticed other problems with the gradient setting.  Setting it just to 0xFF0000 (pure red, in theory), results in a pure blue image (no fading to black).  Setting the blob oscilloscope to this same value results in pure red.  Green works correctly (0x00FF00), and of course theoretical blue shows up as red (0x0000FF).

Thanks for all the hard work,
Matt

apollumi

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2002, 07:50:53 pm »

closing the player and then opening it again and pressing play starts back at the begining of the current playlist. in previous releases it would resume with the last file it had been playing and at the same position in the playlist.

vcolombo

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2002, 09:26:42 pm »

Ok, I'm ripping some CDs in high quality VBR and they're all showing up as 128. I tried playing them in WinAmp to see if it was just an error in the playlist/library but WinAmp also shows them as 128. So, something's apparently wrong and I just ripped like 15 of my CDs. Next Page Oh well, that's what I get for using a beta to actually do stuff.

Oh, and I had to download WinAmp to try playing the files, I don't normally use it. Next Page

Vince

apollumi

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2002, 09:57:34 pm »

when i run a fullscreen game and use a remote to start mj playing and then exit the game and open the mj window it shows everything like it was stopped. when i then click play on the player it suddenly starts play over again with the song that is currently shown.

WolfA

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2002, 10:16:24 pm »

Still in 8.0.266beta
Bug in 8.0.265beta - CD names not shown correctly

Still the process of reading the content of MP3 CDs is not real good. If
a CD, that shows up in the explorer as 'Complete_CDs_01', is read, the
section File Location shows (0x5601E92A) and the section CD and DVD media a
CD named 'unassigned'. If I add mores CDs, it still shows a single
'unassigned' folder instead of the real name of the CD. Out of 5 CDs
'Complete_CDs_01' through 'Complete_CDs_05' only the last showed with
correct name under CD and DVD media.

To show the content of a specific CD is therefore not straight forward!

Can this be changed?

My system: NT 4.0 with all SPs, 500 Mhz PIII, 198MB RAM

Regards, Wolfgang

JohnT

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2002, 05:40:09 am »

Shelly-
Regarding item #1 in my above post: The problem with MJ freezing while gathering track info, only occurs when the cd is inserted in my PlexWriter 16/10/40A. I'm not experiencing the same problem with my Pioneer DVD drive.

If you rip a CD (that hasn't been ripped before) on the Pioneer drive, then try to rip the same one on the PlexWriter, does it work ok? Do you have the freezing problem on the PlexWriter whether "enable CDDB" is checked or not?

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

paulj

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2002, 07:05:56 am »

I have the same problem as JohnT.
After a clean reboot, when trying to rip a CD. The machine crashes with a general blue screen error while analyzing devices. There is no indication on the error screen to the cause.

If I first read the CD using Audiograbber by connecting to cddb. Then immediately exit audiograbber and load up MJ, the rip works fine. It's as if MJ can't initialize the ASPI correctly. It needs another program to to it first. This started happening with 8.0.265.

MJ version 8.0.266
XP Pro
Pioneer 7200i CDR

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2002, 07:18:53 am »

It seems like there is no difference between LEFT and RIGHT Spectrum analyzer in visualisations
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2002, 07:20:23 am »

Crashed on switching mega skin to "Z". This was the third skin switch in a row, but of course there had been an MJ restart on each one. Then, after that, there was a crash on EVERY skin switch.
Severian

empii

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2002, 07:23:44 am »

It seems that MJ 8.266 as well as previous betas were not able to download anything if MJ is running on machine that must use proxy server (with authentication) to access Internet. The feature was working fine in MJ 7.2 since IE engine was used to download stuff. Here is a scenario:

1. I click on plug-in link on plugins page.
2. I got MJ 8 small window (WindowTitle: Downloading; Package: Web Remote; Status: Connecting...; Progress [blank])
3. On top of window from step 2 the following window pops up(WindowTitle: MJReader; [Exclamation icon] Failed to connect to a server; [OK button])

I'm running WinXP and IE6 on a machine behind the firewall. In MJ 7 you were using IE engine to download stuff. Then I was prompted for proxy login/password. Since I upgraded to MJ 8 - it is not working.

Best regards,
Maris

P.S. I believe MJ is a great product and I definetly will buy it when it's going to be released.

JGourd

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2002, 08:40:35 am »

Still refuses to read CD-TEXT on Firewire attached IDE drives. ASPI still doesn't work at all on Firewire attached drives.

ZRocker

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2002, 09:26:25 am »

JGourd,

MJ does not (has never) supported reading CD Text on *any* CD-Rom drive...to the best of my knowledge MJ can only burn CD Text on some CD-RW drives (but not read CD Text).

Update:
Looks like MJ does support CD Text in a limited fashion.

JohnT

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2002, 09:52:57 am »

Actually, MJ has had the ability for some time to read cd-text as long as aspi is installed on the system. The sequence of cd info lookup is:

1. check the MJ database to see if the CD is already there
2. if not, check the cdplayer.ini file in the windows directory
3. if not in cdplayer.ini, check if there's cd-text information that can be extracted from the CD
4. if it can't get cd-text, do a CDDB lookup if the user has enabled it
5. otherwise punt (track01, track02, etc.)

I'm hoping to support cd-text reading without aspi soon, but the NT scsi pass through interface has been stubborn. Hopefully it will be working a couple builds from now.

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2002, 09:54:14 am »

On the DSP Environment "Bathroom" Is Missing
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JGourd

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2002, 10:36:59 am »

OK, so since my drive cannot be accessed by ASPI, then the CD-TEXT isn't going to work until a future build.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2002, 11:14:09 am »

vcolombo

>2) Renaming a CD by right clicking on the CD icon and choosing Rename from the menu doesn't change the album name in the track listing (for the individual tracks).

The volume name and album name are separate.  That way, both CD's from The Wall can have "The Wall" as the album, but the discs can be named "The Wall (disc 1)" and "The Wall (disc 2)" so MJ can ask for the right disc.  Does that mess make any sense?

> Ok, I'm ripping some CDs in high quality VBR and they're all showing up as 128

Bitrate and quality are different.  Could that explain it?  Are you using the "MP3 Encoder" (LAME) included with MJ?

Shelly

>1. Every 3-4 cd's that I insert cause MJ to lock up while attempting to read the data, forcing a hard boot. This has not occured in any prior build.

If you give it 5 minutes, will it come around?  Do you have "Search in subfolders" enabled in Device settings?

LCtheDJ

>Mega skins in maximized mode appear to be shaved off at top and bottom.

That's how Windows works when you maximize. (it shaves the borders)  Maybe we'll play with "tricking" it so the borders don't get shaved...

>Next / previous

Yeah, we could go either way on that one, but since it works now, it'll sit for version 8.  Maybe it can be optional in version 9.

WolfA

All the CD's I try get the right volume name.  It could be a drive or OS thing.  It's a little lame, but you can always use F2 to fix the name.

Take care.

-Matt

vcolombo

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2002, 11:43:25 am »

>2) Renaming a CD by right clicking on the CD icon and choosing Rename from the menu doesn't change the album name in the track listing (for the individual tracks).

The volume name and album name are separate. That way, both CD's from The Wall can have "The Wall" as the album, but the discs can be named "The Wall (disc 1)" and "The Wall (disc 2)" so MJ can ask for the right disc. Does that mess make any sense?

Um, I guess. I've never really used MJ as a CD player. I just rip all my stuff so I'll never make use of that feature. Personally I'd rather have changing the disc name change the track listing so I only have to change it once if CDDB comes up with an incorrect name. Selecting all the tracks and going into properties isn't a big deal, though.

> Ok, I'm ripping some CDs in high quality VBR and they're all showing up as 128

Bitrate and quality are different. Could that explain it? Are you using the "MP3 Encoder" (LAME) included with MJ?

Yes, I realize that quality and bit rate are different, but when ripping in VBR the bitrate should fluctuate, not show a constant 128, correct? I know with MusicMatch if a track is VBR it says VBR in the bitrate display. WinAmp shows the fluctuating bitrate. MJ, I thought, used to show an average bitrate. Now it's just showing 128. And yes, I'm using the encoder included with MJ.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Vince

vcolombo

• Recent member
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2002, 11:49:37 am »

Just a question for you...

How difficult would it be to add an option in the CD device settings to spin up your drive before ripping?

Vince

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2002, 11:57:32 am »

Um, I guess. I've never really used MJ as a CD player. I just rip all my stuff so I'll never make use of that feature. Personally I'd rather have changing the disc name change the track listing so I only have to change it once if CDDB comes up with an incorrect name. Selecting all the tracks and going into properties isn't a big deal, though.

Two quick notes:

- you can make your Media Library view schemes use "Album" instead of "Volume Name."  It's very flexible.
- check out in-place editing... it's pretty slick for this sort of thing

About the mp3's, I'm not sure.  Have you tried mutliple tracks? (MJ shows the VBR display, not the average)

Take care.

-Matt

vcolombo

• Recent member
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2002, 12:07:37 pm »

About the mp3's, I'm not sure. Have you tried mutliple tracks? (MJ shows the VBR display, not the average)

Sorry, I thought it showed the average. Did it used to show the average in the library? Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

Anyway, yes, I ripped about 18 CDs before I noticed that it apparently wasn't working in VBR. Here are my settings...

Encoding Type & Quality

Encoder: MP3 Encoder VBR
Quality: High

Under Advanced...

Quality: Hight Quality

Yet it's still ripping at 128 CBR.

Oh, and the Quality in the main encoder screen and the Quality under Advanced might confuse some people. I understand that one is processing level (Advanced Quality) and the other is (I believe) sort of an average bitrate setting, but having two Quality options is odd.

Vince

shelly

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2002, 12:12:50 pm »

JohnT and Matt,

Regarding MJ freezing when CD is inserted in PlexWriter:

1.  If you rip a CD (that hasn't been ripped before) on the Pioneer drive, then try to rip the same one on the
PlexWriter, does it work ok? (JohnT)

Yes it does.

2.  Do you have the freezing problem on the PlexWriter whether "enable CDDB" is checked or not?(JohnT)

No, the PlexWriter doesn't freeze with CDDB turned off.

3.  If you give it 5 minutes, will it come around? (Matt)

No, it won't come around, even after waiting 5 min or so. I'm also not able to terminate MJ by using task manager.  What I find strange is that as soon as I reboot, CDDB returns the track info on the same CD that caused the freezing.  

4.  Do you have "Search in subfolders" enabled in Device settings? (Matt)

Yes

Shelly

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2002, 12:15:16 pm »

Bug:  Fonts do not change in Sample window when paging through font options in latest MJ.
Bug:  My HP 8200e burner keeps crashing when I click on it under devices.  I get a blue screen of death and a memory dump.  This one really has me concerned...

CPU: Intel Pentium III 607 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 68 MB

wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.

Easyrider

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2002, 12:42:11 pm »

When playing a CD, if you right click on tray icon and click on Playing Now, all it shows is track numbers not the names of the songs(Track01.cda).
I have never noticed this before. Is this a bug? The CD is orginal not a burned cd. Playing now shows the names of the songs.

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2002, 01:04:14 pm »

Another BUG:  On Analog CD playback, MJ always stops after each track.  I have to manually start each song.

CPU: Intel Pentium III 580 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 102 MB

wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2002, 01:16:24 pm »

Ok...looks like my cd drive crash only happens when its a CD not in the database already.  Must be a CDDB thing...any suggestions?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2002, 01:29:22 pm »

Easyrider

The Track01.cda thing is by design.  We use the filename (without the path) in Quick Play and Playing Now. (otherwise it's too messy for tracks without artist or name info -- maybe it'll be configurable in version 9)

Take care.

-Matt

rjay

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2002, 01:46:24 pm »

Not exactly a bug, but if you export playlist and that filename already exists it DOESN'T tell you, but simply overwrites the old one.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2002, 01:55:57 pm »

When ripping CD's and put the speed to x4 in the options, it still rips at x13
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up