INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 125302 times)

Waddy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2012, 05:27:42 am »

Love film support please for uk users please

+1 for me

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2012, 04:06:08 pm »

We keep asking for lovefilm support but jriver dont seem to be interested!

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2012, 06:10:08 am »

Hi I've just upgraded to MC18.

Here's some feature requests:
- improved lyrics support. I'd like to have scrolling lyrics just as what minilyrics does
- possibility to show automatically and browse album art and booklet (PDF, jpg, etc.) when an album is played in display view and theater view
- HDCD decoding
- conversion from dff to dsf and from DSD to DST compressed files
- Possibility to customize display in Theater view now playing (es. reamining time, bit depth, etc.) as in standard view plus alternatives for volume and progress bars (I don't like that moving point!)
- Improved online metadata support. IMHO YADB doesn't work well so I Think it'd be very useful to have alternative sources (freedb, discogs, etc.). I'd like also to have to serch cover art just as what album art downloader does.
- Play files from memory options: it'd be nice to have the option "decompress and send to memory before playing"

+1 for the "only audio" version

Thanks!

Bye

Andrea
Bye!

Andrea

jf9901

• Recent member
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2012, 08:02:20 am »

playlists can be automatically played in special zone.
A-B loop。
several bookmarks sign in one track
add a numpad panel which can control internet radio easily。

Avgatzeblouz

• Recent member
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2012, 09:50:30 am »

I'm a huge fan of J River, but I'm still using foobar for one thing : The waveform seekbar view. Great to chase a special moment in a piece of music, and to have an overall view, mono, stereo, multichannel, etc... This feature would be great !

Thanks !

joa_mb190

• Recent member
  • bubba
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2012, 10:41:00 am »

Hi!

MC is the best player, I'm only use it for AUDIO but looking foorward to use it on VIDEO

Heres is my requests..

1. in "tools/options" I want a choice to disable search in "Plaing Now" all searches should be in "tree" you choose on the left side.
2. If you are in "Smart List" you cannot double click to see list of file as you can in ex. "Audio/artist & Albums" is is possible to get this feature?
3. Is it poosible to play video from Raw format DVD RIP, "VIDEO_TS" folder, thats the reason i cant use MC to play video today.

// Jonas

gottwavo

• World Citizen
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2012, 11:24:44 am »

I would like to see two standard columns in the database for image width and image height of the cover art and be able to sort by both of them to find the smaller cover art images.
I am currently doing this manually.

Bob Sorel

• MC Beta Team
  • World Citizen
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2012, 11:42:05 am »

One request:

3D Blu-ray (frame packed) support.

zendoo

• Recent member
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2012, 12:33:48 pm »

PLEASE make a download subtitles feature (like download movie and tv info maybe?)!!! It's an international world! Get the info from the [name] tag, let us choose what languageS!!! to download and name the subtitles [filename].[subtitle language code].[extension]. And move the subtitles file even if the filename of the sub file is not exactly the same as the movie file but also includes the language code in the rename move and copy files function!

THANKS! :)

And a setting in the options to choose the order of movie info download: I would love to set Wikipedia first, if theres nothing there, download movie info from TMDB and only last Rotten Tomatoes...

And download the PLOT, not the DESCRIPTION from Wikipedia and download Country and Language from TMDB (as is done from Wikipedia)

another thanks - and could anyone reply if this is considered? - with one last THANKS!

mdav

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2012, 12:42:28 pm »

Spotify Integration.

Sheugel

• World Citizen
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2012, 01:35:25 pm »

Spotify Integration.
+1
Spotify integration is just one step away through Spotify for Jamcast:https://www.sdstechnologies.com/Forum/yaf_postst772_Spotify-plugin-with-JRiver.aspx
All it requires is a second way for JRiver to Interact with a DLNA server where the server exposes its folders and the client just shows them without importing things in its specific structure. Or maybe the way WMP does it where the Spotify playlists appear under...playlists.
Thanks

sg60

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2012, 02:27:28 pm »

As part of the Now Playing options I would like the ability to set the player to stop after the currently playing track finishes.

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2012, 03:09:51 pm »

How about an option to hide the "Tag", "Action" and "Display" pop-ups at the bottom left?

It would be nice to clean up the Standard View by hiding these.

Thanks for considering!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2012, 03:18:00 pm »

As part of the Now Playing options I would like the ability to set the player to stop after the currently playing track finishes.

MC already does this, but only for the currently playing track. (it's in the top toolbar menu "Player" - "Stop after currently playing track")

I'd like to be able to chose a track further down the playlist and set MC to stop after that selected track,
. . . the game is rigged

emovac

• Recent member
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2012, 03:48:23 pm »

My request:  Ability to rip flac files from DTS music discs. :D

andori

• Recent member
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2012, 04:38:53 pm »

Airplay Support for audio and video.  I know it is requested elsewhere in the forums, but figured I would add it to this list.  Would like audio and video support to stream from MC on Win 7 to my Apple TV.

rick.ca

« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2012, 04:59:31 pm »

The waveform seekbar view. Great to chase a special moment in a piece of music, and to have an overall view, mono, stereo, multichannel, etc... This feature would be great !

+1

My illustration sucks, but done right it would blend nicely with the skin and look great. It would also be very useful and make better use of otherwise unused space. (I'd like to see a significant chunk of that space given to the search bar, but that's another issue.) Maybe some embellishment like a magnify on hover would appeal to the audiophiles...

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2012, 03:05:37 am »

Please Please can you consider adding the option to run the server as a service. I know it's been asked for many times over the years and that there are tweaks to frigg if but now that you have rewritten the code using your own system surly this would be quite simple and a logical evolution-al step.

I run MC on my WHS and I have to remember to log into it in order for the server to start. Running as a Windaes service would make far more sense.

Thanks,

John

HiFiTubes

« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2012, 03:29:23 am »

+ 2

+1

My illustration sucks, but done right it would blend nicely with the skin and look great. It would also be very useful and make better use of otherwise unused space. (I'd like to see a significant chunk of that space given to the search bar, but that's another issue.) Maybe some embellishment like a magnify on hover would appeal to the audiophiles...

HiFiTubes

« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2012, 03:30:40 am »

OPTION: to toggle Search to be sticky so it is preserved as you drill down into Tile results of the search.

audioriver

« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2012, 05:31:45 am »

A couple of GUI requests:

1. A top/bottom dock auto-hide-able bar with fully customizable playing info on its display. (visually similar to Paradigm: Essence, or Winamp's bar)
2. Finally, a customizable tray notifier (track changes, full playing info with mouse-over etc). Currently, the mouse-over info is cut if a certain text length is reached - seems it relies mostly on Windows.
Windows 10 Pro x64

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2012, 08:29:03 am »

+1

I agree, very good.

+ the option to enable / disable: PLAYERBAR with automatic scrolling.
It is interesting to track name: very long

Regards,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2012, 09:06:30 am »

+1

Excellent!
. . . the game is rigged

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2012, 07:17:03 pm »

How about an option to hide the "Tag", "Action" and "Display" pop-ups at the bottom left?

It would be nice to clean up the Standard View by hiding these.

Thanks for considering!
Patrick

You can minimize the "Action Window" by clicking the button to the right of it's Title Bar.  You can also hide the whole left pane by clicking the arrows in the border.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

pcstockton

« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2012, 09:40:02 pm »

Thanks for chiming in Chico.

Yes, I know I can minimize them with the minimize button.  And Yes I can hide the whole column.  The problem is, I like the column being visible.  I dislike the album art popping up in the corner.  I already have album art showing in every view.  When it pops up here it is just redundant.

I guess it is an integral part of the interface.  But it is not necessary.  Everything there can be done elsewhere.

I was just wondering if anyone else would like to be able to disable these little windows if they wanted.

Thanks again!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

rick.ca

« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2012, 12:51:42 am »

I dislike the album art popping up in the corner.

That's actually a display window set to use cover art as the 'visualization'. That's an important distinction because the display can only be in one place (in any form) at a time. Playing Now includes the display in a split (appearing above the playlist). So if you have PN open in another tab, it won't appear anywhere else. You might find it convenient to have PN available in another tab anyway. If not, it will do no harm and provide the result you want. If you don't want to see the display there either, just close the split. It will still 'be there' and not show up elsewhere.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2012, 07:39:53 am »

Ability to run MC18 in Win 8 Metro:
-live tile showing some sort of summary view such as Now Playing
-full screen mode similar to current Theatre View
    <snip>
Version for Windows 8RT tablets

<snip>

Playback from cloud storage
-playback media directly from SkyDrive, DropBox, Google Drive etc. to MC18
    <snip>
I'm playing with Win8 now, and I agree that a "Metro" tile and Theatre View theme would be awesome.

I don't think either is too difficult (on the Intel platform at least), and would really tie MC in to the new OS nicely - which I think will be a selling point to new users (maybe not so much some people on here though ;) )

As far as Win8 RT goes... perhaps just a Theater View interface if it's all too hard? (again, aiming at consistent UI with Win8) I'm not sure how much re-coding would be required, or is it just a compilation with a few tweaks?

pcstockton

« Reply #177 on: August 13, 2012, 11:32:32 am »

That's actually a display window set to use cover art as the 'visualization'. That's an important distinction because the display can only be in one place (in any form) at a time. Playing Now includes the display in a split (appearing above the playlist). So if you have PN open in another tab, it won't appear anywhere else. You might find it convenient to have PN available in another tab anyway. If not, it will do no harm and provide the result you want. If you don't want to see the display there either, just close the split. It will still 'be there' and not show up elsewhere.

I guess how I play music if different from others.  I always play in an artist/album list view with Big Cover art.  So I actually have the album art in the focused view in the top pane, and in the "playlist" at the bottom pane.  Then it pops up in the Bottom Left for three album arts in the same view.  I was just hoping to rid myself of the redundancy.  I dont use "Playing Now" unless in Theater View.

http://imageshack.us/f/3/84748417.jpg/

No big deal, no one else seems to want to permanently hide these menus.  

Thanks for the consideration.

Cheers,
Patrick

jack wallstreet

« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2012, 01:02:43 pm »

Better control of the mini-view.  The settings, whether it stays on top, etc.  Being able to have it come up with the options preset as to what the mini-view displays and what it doesn't.  This seems limited and inconsistent. 
John

srwooten

• Recent member
« Reply #179 on: August 13, 2012, 02:30:13 pm »

Here's one I ask for with every new release I purchase.  Though I have a license for 16 (and now for 17/18) I'm still only using 15 (/sigh don't ask) so this may have already been done - but I've never read that it has.

I would like the ability to be able to "virtually combine" separate tracks into a single track.

Say I rip a CD and it has 10 tracks.  But tracks 3-5 are really a single song, but they broke it down into three tracks on the CD.  When I rip the CD I have three files.  I'd like to be able to keep the three files as-is, but tell MC to treat the tracks as a single track.  That way anytime I add one of the tracks to the playlist it automagically adds all three, and keeps them together even through different sort orders (random, etc).

I think this would be a great addition for those "few pesky CDs," and certainly for those of us who listen to classical music.  And, unlike Apple's solution, something like this would work for any file type.  I rip all my CDs to native WAV format...

I've been using MC since at least 2006, v11 - I still have my email confirmation and key codes.  I LOVE IT - There's NOTHING like it!
+1

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2012, 12:03:08 am »

A phase reversal switch for audio.

Slow motion video option.

ampex

• Recent member
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2012, 02:05:42 am »

Please give us standalone AUDIO version. No video, no podcast, no pictures, no any over.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2012, 06:35:19 am »

Please give us standalone AUDIO version. No video, no podcast, no pictures, no any over.
You can do that now.  Tools/Options/General/Features.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2012, 07:45:50 am »

A phase reversal switch for audio.

This is there already:
DSP Studio > Room Correction > Reverse the polarity
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2012, 07:47:25 am »

Then it pops up in the Bottom Left for three album arts in the same view.

Not if PN is open in another tab.

chriswatson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2012, 09:30:30 am »

Pandora! I'd like to be able to use Pandora and other music services thru MC. Keeps it tidy.

Skogkatt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2012, 10:25:13 am »

Hi, here is my wish list for new features:

1) Graphical User interface to input all the convolver related parameters, instead of a config file --> impulse file for each sample rate, channel delay, etc.
2) Line input to be selected through a button having, as an option, the possibility to mix the line input while reproducing a music file.
3) A simple clipping indicator to show whether the combination of music file with filters selected by the user, including convolver, drive MC output to clipping.
4) A basic convolver impulse based DRC: convolver impulses generated against a user designed target based on properly averaged and smoothed pink noise.
    This method requires to add averaging to the FFT analyzer as well as a target curve that can be modified by the end user: the difference curve (target - averaged pink noise),
    smoothed properly can be used to generate the convolver pulses.
    Although much less sophisticated than dedicated solutions (Acourate, Audiolense, etc.), this approach can provide surprisingly accurate frequency response (amplitude only, no phase),
    it can be implemented to be relatively easy to use and requires only a microphone (a linear one like i.e. ECM8000 or similar) and the audio card.

BTW: like many others I have already purchased the upgrade to MC18 and am anxiously waiting to be able to download and try the new version of this already exceptionally good program.

Many thanks.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2012, 12:15:21 pm »

This is there already:
DSP Studio > Room Correction > Reverse the polarity

Thanks, I thought it might be somewhere, but... It might be more useful if it was on the main screen or somewhere more easily accessible; with a shortcut key for instance. It works nicely on particular albums (I have it in another program).

ampex

• Recent member
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2012, 09:42:31 pm »

You can do that now.  Tools/Options/General/Features.

I know, but many checkpoint to do in different submenu.
Will be good to done your choice in install process is starting.

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2012, 12:35:51 am »

I'm a huge fan of J River, but I'm still using foobar for one thing : The waveform seekbar view. Great to chase a special moment in a piece of music, and to have an overall view, mono, stereo, multichannel, etc... This feature would be great !

Thanks !

+1

Based on what I've counted, it looks like I'm the +4 on this one. I absolutely love this idea. I too did a mock up a while back but I have to admit that Rick's makes better use of space allowing for larger waveforms. My mock up (below) was just using a "summed mono" representation ala Soundcloud.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2012, 08:53:21 am »

Add ability to use MilkDrop (and other WinAmp plugins)

early versions of MJ used to have this ability, seems to have been lost en route to MC
. . . the game is rigged

Nathos

« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2012, 09:59:39 am »

1. Doubling Frame Interpolation videos. Making 30fps movies playing as 60fps.
2. An option like "Detail Boost" and "Light Boost" from Splash Pro. Ex:
3. Lyrics support like Minilyrics.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2012, 10:48:56 am »

Add ability to use MilkDrop (and other WinAmp plugins)

+1

Doesn't seem like this would be very hard to do either....
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

DrWhom

• Recent member
« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2012, 12:14:02 pm »

I would like Gizmo to be a little more configurable -
Most especially I would like to be able to assign different streaming bitrates based on external/internal IPs.  i.e. all internal IPs get high bitrate, all external get a low bitrate.  If this was configurable down to the device, that would be a bonus. 

If the Android Gizmo had some of the JRiver DSP/eq ability, that would be great too. 

Also, +1 for making the Media Server a Windows Service. 

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2012, 08:00:58 pm »

...(and other WinAmp plugins)

Don't Stop with WinAmp!
There were other smokin' plugins (and Vis's) out there!

tony22

• Recent member
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2012, 08:57:31 pm »

Internet radio - something like the squeezebox. This will retire my SB at last.

+1

gottwavo

• World Citizen
« Reply #196 on: August 16, 2012, 01:20:55 am »

In Theater View for Audio:
When in "Playing Now" add an option to play:
- this complete album
- more from this artist

SpedInFargo

• Recent member
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2012, 09:39:28 am »

I would like the ability to be able to "virtually combine" separate tracks into a single track.

Say I rip a CD and it has 10 tracks.  But tracks 3-5 are really a single song, but they broke it down into three tracks on the CD.  When I rip the CD I have three files.  I'd like to be able to keep the three files as-is, but tell MC to treat the tracks as a single track.  That way anytime I add one of the tracks to the playlist it automagically adds all three, and keeps them together even through different sort orders (random, etc).

I think this would be a great addition for those "few pesky CDs," and certainly for those of us who listen to classical music.  And, unlike Apple's solution, something like this would work for any file type.  I rip all my CDs to native WAV format...

Ah yes, the old "Happiest Days of our Lives" + "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2" problem...  I as well would like this feature...

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2012, 10:07:18 am »

Is there any way a single song file can be associated with multiple albums?  I have so many dupicates because I don't want to have incomplete albums.  Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride is on at least 10 albums (inculing movie soundtracks).

markus_kr

• Recent member
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2012, 11:53:50 am »

Besides convolution support for filter bank switching for different sample rates it would be great:

-> convolution support for filter bank for different filters (for example "audio" , "Video") AND VOLUMEADJUST between this filters.
     (volumeadjust is necessary to compare different filters with exact the same  volume level).

-> Important to set *.cfg files on the banks (my system is 4 way active with digital XO, so a cfg-file is needed to load)

markus

@Lion:Not sure if already requested...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up