INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.257 Beta Available...  (Read 5679 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.257 Beta Available...
« on: April 24, 2002, 02:59:57 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.257 beta is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

WARNING: This is beta software, do not download and install it if you are not sure of your abilities to deal with bugs.

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: Enabled Winamp DSP plugins again. (let us know if MJ won't start now)
2. Fixed: Find view would show tops of "hidden" controls in simple mode with large fonts enabled.
3. Fixed: Content view would show _ instead of & if skinning was enabled.
4. Fixed: Closing Outlook XP causes Download Manager to crash.
5. Changed: Playing Now splitter up and down arrows moved to the center of the bar.
6. Changed: Display bars will now hide regardless of mouse position in full screen mode.
7. NEW: List drawing much faster with MEGA-ME skinning enabled. (faster than without skins)
8. Fixed: Double-clicking on the display window when display was not active wouldn't toggle full-screen mode.
9. Changed: Can no longer resize the name column to "0" width.  Caused the speaker icon to disappear.
10. Fixed: Display bar "menu" image was off center.  So are we, but we fixed it anyhow.
11. Fixed: Frame window was leaking resources when skinned.
12. Fixed: Installer was resetting the default skin.
13. Fixed: Vis Studio was crashing during resizing.
14. Changed: DSP Studio changes active selection with checking and unchecking.
15. Fixed: MJ would crash during library/databases merge.
16. NEW: MEGA-ME skinning now supports more caption area customization.
17. Fixed: Long captions are handled better by MEGA-ME skinning.
18. NEW: Playback display shows helpful message when display is in windowed mode.
19. NEW: Updated Monkey's Audio encoder / decoder to 3.97b1. (included with download)so it should work now.
20. NEW: Updated MPC decoder to 1.20 (included with download)
21. Fixed: "Start playing current playlist" option would not work with "Start Recording" command in Media Scheduler
22. Fixed: Starting MJ in Mini-me mode with "Minimize MJ to system tray" option on  would not work correctly.

Trelane

• World Citizen
  • Destroy him, my robots.
RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.257 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2002, 03:16:26 pm »

When restoring mega-me (from being minimized) a painting error occurs (look to the right of the right most column in the image below).

cjdshaw

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2002, 03:36:33 pm »

Click on a Playlist, press Tab to switch to the right pane, then press Tab again. The focus won't leave the right pane.

When I do Update Library, the MJ window always goes behind all my other windows.

MP3 playback still pops and squeaks while you are analysing replay gain. This has happened in every version of MJ8 I have used.

I'm getting draw errors in the File Properties dialogue, particularly after analysing RG on multiple files, like this:

LCtheDJ

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2002, 03:53:19 pm »

Unskinned, Mega, Playing Now, after sorting, current text color is applied to same line position instead of current track.

nila

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2002, 03:54:46 pm »

Awww, I love you guys - U fixed the Monkey Problem already.

My 30 day trial is gonna run out soon and I'm gonna have to pay for it. It's gonna be the FIRST piece of software I've ever bought online and it's gonna be worth every penny, EVEN though it's BETA.
If I could get my ruddy Hauppauge remote to work with it I'll be even happier.
Pity I aint got another 30 days or so trial or somethin so I can make a bit more cash to pay for it with before I buy it.
(BACK OFF!! - I know it's only $30 which isn't much but I'm a VERY broke student)

Oh yeah - do you guys do student discounts?? Next Page I'll show you my student card!!

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2002, 03:57:48 pm »

We'll let you have it for $24.98.  Don't tell your friends.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2002, 04:04:49 pm »

Nila

>> We'll let you have it for $24.98
your lucky JimH don't do that for everyone
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2002, 04:05:52 pm »

CD Labeler is not skinned. Left side of pop-up is not painted correctly.

No skinning on Download Manager or Media Editor also. By design?

ZRocker

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2002, 04:08:21 pm »

MEGA-ME Skinning Bug:
1. Minimize or go to mini-me and restore/return to MEGA-ME and there's a drawing error where part of the previous background is 'captured' and shown in MEGA-ME (skin-enabled mode only)...see:

AsparaGus

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2002, 04:18:10 pm »

Gee, that red warning was like a challenge

I stumbled upon MJB about a week ago and anything that can free me of Real is worth a shot.
Unfortuately, .rm and .ram files cause the current standard version to freeze up after playing a single selection. I hope the beta works betta

nila

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2002, 04:31:13 pm »

Dude - you said it - ANYTHING THAT CAN FREE YOU FROM REAL --> get rid of your real files!!
REAL IS THE DEVIL!!

(Not gonna go into why cause there are way tooooo many reasons)

As for the price - come on, POOR student - at least gimme a cent off - $24.97 Next Page

Easyrider

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2002, 04:47:48 pm »

Hi
Wow so quick on the build!
Copied this from build 256, still doing the same in this build.

Repaint problems when resizing columns in any view--they leave black vertical lines behind often. Clicking on column headers causes a fresh repaint and straightens it out.

Having the same problem as severian, happens in all MEGA-SKINS.
If you drag to the right it leaves vertical black lines, if you drag to the left it repaints okay most of the time. Also, if you have Track Info Tooltips on and drag over the screen it acts like an eraser takeing away the vertical lines.

This has been going on with my system for the last 6 or 8 builds. Thought maybe it was my video card. Matrox Mytique 220.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.256

CPU: Intel Pentium II 233 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 113 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

JimH

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2002, 05:10:40 pm »

Easyrider,
This _might_ be a video driver problem.  Try an update.

I couldn't reproduce it today on Win2000 with the Z skin.  Same on XP Home.
Jim Hillegass

sekim

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2002, 05:18:37 pm »

Same as Easyrider. Tooltips act as a refresh to remove the lines.

Should have mentioned - Green Eyes skin in use. Have not tried others.

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2002, 05:21:13 pm »

DFX is back!
Woo!

LoOkS gOoD.

jfmus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2002, 05:59:13 pm »

13. Fixed: "Analyzing devices" message would come up way to often

I didn't get a chance to try 8.0.256, but the above was said to be fixed. This is not something I see in Win98, but have set up a dual boot machine and am giving WinXP a try. Only in XP when you right click on the vis screen in mega-me the "Analyzing devices" comes up and hangs the machine, until it finishs doing whatever it is doing. This takes 30 to 45 seconds.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2002, 06:04:08 pm »

Still looping the last three seconds of the last song on "Playing Now". Is this fixable or is it just a slightly inconvenient thing to live with?
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2002, 06:22:33 pm »

Unfortuately, .rm and .ram files cause the current standard version to freeze up after playing a single selection.

This is a bug in the Real Jukebox COM control (which MJ uses for Real Media files).  Hopefully Real will address the issue.  Otherwise, installing an older Real Player should fix the problem.

I didn't get a chance to try 8.0.256, but the above was said to be fixed. This is not something I see in Win98, but have set up a dual boot machine and am giving WinXP a try. Only in XP when you right click on the vis screen in mega-me the "Analyzing devices" comes up and hangs the machine, until it finishs doing whatever it is doing. This takes 30 to 45 seconds.

This is MJ analyzing what disk is in your CD drive.  We'll try to make it smarter about when it cares.

Still looping the last three seconds of the last song on "Playing Now". Is this fixable or is it just a slightly inconvenient thing to live with?

Are you using DirectX or WaveOut?  Does switching help?  How about an updated sound card driver?  Let us know...

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2002, 06:25:35 pm »

>> CD Labeler is not skinned.
>> No skinning on Download Manager or Media Editor also. By design?

In MJ 8.0 skinning will be only available in Media Jukebox.
We will skin other apps in the package in next version.

Nikolay

dragyn

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2002, 07:00:47 pm »

Media Server still has "Music01" is some of it's dialog boxes.

Media Server doesn't display the entire library. Can we get a fix please?

Playing Now "Remove" is disabled when connected to a server.

Send To->Media Editor, Rating, Playlist;Locate File->On Disk... should be disabled when connected.

If local files (non-library files) are in Playing Now and you play them, you are "disconnected" from the server. If this happens, double clicking a song in Media Library results in a LONG waiting period as MJ tries to play every single song in the list. The server/file exists, but MJ doesn't think so.

->Actually what is happening is MJ does this: m01p://serverNext Pageort/m01p://serverNext Pageort/directory\drive:\directory\file.type for all the files.
-->This was an error in MJ when changing libraries while connected. The master library has m01p://serverNext Pageort for all the files. Good thing I have a backup.

Creating Playlists when connected to a server is just a waste of time when MJ resets the playlist on disconnect/reconnect.

Songs with ¢ do not play. I suppose other ones don't aswell.

Next Page

tdillard

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2002, 07:12:47 pm »

Hot darn,
       Y'all fixed the DFX problem. The only other problem I have is that when grid lines are checked in the options, the lines are there, but sometimes there are lines going through the song titles when they shouldn't be. That's a minor thing though, and I can live without the grid lines. Tried to put up a screenshot, but couldn't get "Snag-it" to cooperate.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2002, 07:25:15 pm »

Bugs

Analyzing Devices : This comes up way too often. I liked it much better when it only showed up when I actually opened the Devices branch (although even then I have to wonder what the point of it is - isn't it obvious that when I open the devices branch that MJ is going to analyze them?).

Send To : Send To doesn't cascade nested playlist groups the same way that Quick Play does.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Resizing MEGA-ME is really choppy and there are flashes of the transparent color in transparent areas.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Check For Updates isn't skinned.

MEGA-ME Skinning : The File Properties progress box that comes up when you load up a bunch of files into File Properties isn't skinned.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Explorer Tree Views (Like when you browse for a location) look ugly because the folder icons aren't skinning correctly.

MEGA-ME Skinning :  Occasionally, I'll see flashes of that bight purple/pink color that's used for transparencies. The easiest to spot is when you resize MEGA-ME while using the Tekno skin, but it's also present in the "Conversion Finished" message box.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Not sure if this is a skin issue or an MJ issue, but the Maximize/Restore button never changes to reflect if MJ is maximized or not.

Track Info : The Edit Properties link no longer functions. Has this been changed or removed?

Remote Control : Next\Previous Playlists skip Smartlists.

Download Manager : I have DM set to autostart with Windows (minimized) and everytime I boot, I get this (Yes, even in 8.0.257):

Smartlists : MJ displays playlist ID numbers in Smartlists rules. It should clean that up to display the name of the playlist and leave the ID number in the background. The ID number should still be accessible though, because of my first request listed below.

Requests

Can the Remote Control portion of MJ be changed to accept a playlist ID number and have MJ play the corresponding playlist when it receives the right command?

Can the "Enlarge Menus" option be a seperate setting for Full Screen, MEGA-ME, Windowed, and mini-me? Or at least Full Screen from the other three?

Can the "Auto-Hide Bars" option be a seperate setting for Full Screen, MEGA-ME, and Windowed? This time I want it seperate for all three - the behavior I want in MEGA-ME (Auto-Hide OFF) is not the same as what

I want for Full Screen and Windowed mode (Auto-Hide ON). Or I guess if MEGA-ME was just separate from the other two that would work for me too, but I imagine others would feel differently so maybe a separate option for every mode?

On the CD Burning box, can the Number of Copies text box get one of those up/down incrementer/decrementer things?

It would be really cool if every time MJ displayed a hyperlink that it would be clickable. I'm not looking for an automatic thing, I've just seen this behavior in the Plugin Manager and on the Import Media status box, and I thought it would be cool to have a live link for www.replaygain.org since you've listed that link in the Replay Gain Analyzer. Also a live link to the DSP plugin page in DSP Studio and a live link to the Vis plugin page in Vis Studio would be nice as well.

System Info

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.257

CPU: AMD Athlon 949 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 170 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

Mr.X

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2002, 07:59:11 pm »

Here's a simple request I've never seen anyone ask for...

How about a customizable tool-tip so that when MJ8 is minimized, a mouseover tells you what song you're listening to. Or Artist-Album-Track Name, make it user-defined.

I would LOVE that!!

Mr.X

Raymond

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2002, 08:45:34 pm »

>> Media Server doesn't display the entire library. Can we get a fix please?

Dragyn,
     Some files cannot be streamed like the movie and asf files, those files will not be shown.

Ray

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2002, 09:58:47 pm »

Mr. X

a mouseover on the system tray icon should give you that very information.
try it.

starflyer

Pietro

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2002, 10:52:44 pm »

Just a small thing:
Help - About shows "User name unknown" in Registered To field.
-
PS. Thanks for giving us DFX back - and thanks for a very good build
- Pietro

dragyn

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2002, 02:11:18 am »

Ray,

Ok. How about a fix for at least APL? That's the king of all formats (for me anyway).
Next Page

Rusty

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2002, 03:27:50 am »

Greetings - It is still chewing up memory like nothing.  Doesn't matter what I'm doing, playing songs (which start to skip after a while), ripping a CD, it ends up slowing my 40 speed CD player to almost a stand still etc.  This never happens with Roxio Easy CD Creator etc. As you may know I have always had big memory problems with MJ & I've doubled my memory capacity to no avail.  I have RamBooster operating & that helps a bit but not in the CD player/ripping department.

CPU: Intel Pentium III 504 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 26 MB
Resource Info: System - 20 %, GDI - 52 %, User - 20 %

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995

RAVMAN

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2002, 04:12:18 am »

Rusty, Are your CD ROMs running in DMA mode. If they are PIO this could use up CPU cycles. Look in device manager to see if DMA is checked.

m|PLS|nmn

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2002, 04:52:18 am »

Still doesn't start properly for me with:
Windows shortcut set start minimized
MJ set minimize to system tray and
MJ start-up mode Mega-me

Display is ok if I cycle once through mini-me.

CPU: Intel Pentium III 652 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 195 MB, Free - 111 MB

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.

Rusty

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2002, 05:04:49 am »

In reply to Ravman - No the DMA boxes are not checked under "Device Manager" for either my CD ROM player or the Burner, so that's not the problem.  Thanks for the tip though & for your advice, but I still haven't solved the memory problem.  I also tried to download the latest set of ASPI info from Adaptec but it looks as though I have to re-boot before it all take effect - I'll wait & see.

Regards - Rusty.

scub

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2002, 05:31:39 am »

Are you using DirectX or WaveOut? Does switching help? How about an updated sound card driver? Let us know.

Matt
I have the same problem I use DirectX becasue I output sound to an external stereo and wave out doesn't send anything to by digital out connector on soundcard.  If I use WaveOut it doesn't loop but I can't use my external stereo.

Raymond

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2002, 06:06:03 am »

>> How about a fix for at least APL? That's the king of all formats (for me anyway).
Dragn,
     Sorry.. it it not possible now for the current version, you can stream APE Next Page

Ray

Mr.X

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2002, 06:10:37 am »

Starflyer:

Thanks! Never tried the "minimize to system tray" option before.

Cool!

-Mr.X

Alonso Nefarious

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2002, 06:48:28 am »

Small problem that is **Very Annoying**

If a column is clicked to give a new sort in the right pane, MJ reverts to default sort in right pane after every action, when it should keep the new one.

Shawn Rebelo

• World Citizen
  • Web, Multimedia Developer, Graphic Designer, ProgrammerFood, Music, Art
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2002, 07:42:40 am »

Doof

"MEGA-ME Skinning : Occasionally, I'll see flashes of that bight purple/pink color that's used for transparencies. The easiest to spot is when you resize MEGA-ME while using the Tekno skin, but it's also present in the "Conversion Finished" message box."

I only get this with the nDstrl skin and not on the rest. Is this with all the skins? I do however get the pink, say when changing skins with Tekno. I take that back, I do get a little bit of it on the lower left where the blue is of Tekno when resizing.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Not sure if this is a skin issue or an MJ issue, but the Maximize/Restore button never changes to reflect if MJ is maximized or not.

Not sure what you mean here. When I maximize MJ I get my restore img and when I restore I reverts back to the maximize img.

Shawn Rebelo
JRiver, Inc
Sr. Web Master

phatrabt

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2002, 08:34:02 am »

Two things that I've noticed:

1.  When R-Clicking on a track after MJ loads it will highlight and display a box but not bring up the r-click dialog.  It looks like the "Analyzing Devices" box, but moves so fast I can barely see it.  If I r-click again, the dialog appears normally.  This only happens after loading MJ.  

2.  When I search for cover art using the "Loose" option for the internet, it won't return any matches.  If I do the search again with Standard, it will return a match.  Anyone else have this problem?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2002, 09:09:11 am »

Shawn Rebelo> I'm using the Z skin and the maximize/restore button never changes. After playing around with the Tekno skin, I've determined that it's just that the Z skin doesn't have seperate images for maximize/restore.

But speaking of the Tekno skin. Is there a new version of this somewhere? I'm experiencing some weird drawing errors on the title bar when MJ is resized beyond a certain size. My desktop resolution is set to 1400 x 1050 if that helps. It doesn't have to be maximized for this to happen. But it does seem to be only Tekno (not sure about that other red-Tekno skin - I don't have it).

Shawn Rebelo

• World Citizen
  • Web, Multimedia Developer, Graphic Designer, ProgrammerFood, Music, Art
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2002, 09:20:32 am »

Now thats a good one. That maybe an MJ issue.

I also have to agree with you as far as the Z skin. It does not change. I believe this skin was made prior to adding the restore, or putting restore back.

Anytime there is a new build, the skins inside the build overwrite (or atleast should) the older ones that you currently have.
Shawn Rebelo
JRiver, Inc
Sr. Web Master

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2002, 09:49:58 am »

The divider between the player window and the tree window moves back to its original position one step at a time after every close or minimize.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

dwex

• World Citizen
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2002, 10:36:16 am »

Here's a simple request I've never seen anyone ask for...
How about a customizable tool-tip so that when MJ8 is minimized, a mouseover tells you what song you're listening to. Or Artist-Album-Track Name, make it user-defined.

I would LOVE that!!

Mr.X

Mr. X
a mouseover on the system tray icon should give you that very information.
try it.

starflyer

Actually, this feature is a royal pain in the butt on WinXP....

WinXP has the "I'm smarter than you are, and I'm gonna hide tray icons for you if they're idle" feature. Which you can override on a case-by-case basis. However, the thing that it uses to match up your override is, in fact, the tooltip. Since the tooltip changes all the time, there's no way to put an override in for WinXP that says "Leave he darn tray icon visible, all the time."

BTW, I think if you code things so that the tray icon image changes every minute or two, it will defeat the idle check. I know of some apps that routinely overwrite the tray icon image with itself just to bypass this...

--dwex

Birdie

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2002, 10:38:29 am »

Maybe this has been reported already in another thread, but then I've missed it. Or it should be normal ?
-When I open DSP Studio (DFX back,thanks !) and when I move my mouse cursor too soon to it, DSP get minimized.
-The same happens when I use the volume slider in the player window, DSP window is also minimized.
-Peak Level window in DSP Studio is continuously flickering.

Jewcifer

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2002, 12:01:45 pm »

When changing Mega-me skins, after MJ8 restarts, multiple instances of "mediajukebox.exe" exist in Task-Manager, and large chunks of system resources are locked in with them...

Birdie

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2002, 12:09:12 pm »

Wish (Not specifically for this build):

Is it possible to get a alphabettical list of the radiostations when clicking on Search for Any Genre ?

gvag

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2002, 02:35:26 pm »

Re: Typed Navigation.  Is there a programmed limit to the number of keystrokes accepted?
List -
John Coltrane
John Coltrane & Miles Davis
John Coltrane & Friends
John Coltrane & Paul Quinichette
John Handy
Typing - "john" selects "John Coltrane & Friends" so does "john " and "john h".  Nit picky I know but it seems to me you're at the smoothing out the edges stage of development (Bravo!).

Speaking of edges this build has numerous repaint problems that have been posted here's another.  Using MediaEx for Track Info I get an intermittant problem with banding when going from General to Notes.

Full Screen mode with scroll bars and auto hide enabled.  Can't use the horizontal scroll bar, as soon as the mouse moves the bottom bar pops up and covers the scroll bar.  Could this be fixed so that the mouse has to actually hit the edge before the bars display.  Ditto for normal display mode.

Settings/Options/General/Disable Media Scheduler still doesn't work.  Please fix.  It brings back memories of Real Audio and other intrusive programs that I used to have on my system

Think that's about it, looking really good, oops... scratch that, looking truly good.

CPU: Intel Pentium III 998 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 170 MB

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995

gvag

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2002, 04:08:31 pm »

Re: DFX
I have to assume that this is an MJ/DFX problem.  As I posted earlier DFX was back and MJ was working fine.  I left the computer on did some necessaries (mowed the lawn) brought the comp off standby and started MJ.  Got the DFX register window (I'm waiting for my new serial after upgrade) MJ loaded I located an album hit [ENTER] and MJ locked up.  This is my third reboot with no joy.  MJ is hanging to the point of affecting other programs (my shell extender's shut down module is hanging and I have to power reset).

Apart from installing 257 and DFX I've made no changes to my system.  The strange is that this problem only showed up after coming out of Standby mode and on Reboot.  Registry problem?

Thanks

JimH

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2002, 04:15:05 pm »

gvag,
Try uninstalling dfx.  Just as a test.
Jim Hillegass

sekim

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2002, 04:29:02 pm »

Rip pop-up window still has two minimize buttons.

sekim

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2002, 04:44:52 pm »

Can anyone tell me why a faulty MPEG plus encoder is still available on the plug-in page? It has been mentioned numerous times that it does not work. Trying this plug-in caused MJ to lock up. C-A-D to close.

urlybird

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2002, 04:51:07 pm »

DFX Problems
Somehow my liscensed version of DFX has been replaced with a newer unliscensed version ?
I uninstalled the new plugin and added the old one back in, but it's not working
- no messages - nothing ? Can I not use the older version ?

Skin Manager - Mini Me
I was having problems with the Mega-Me skin "Green Eyes". I couldn't tell when option
boxes had checkmarks or not (eyes are getting older). I went to Skin Manager to disable
and had trouble because the text for the two boxes to disable skins (one for Mini-Me,
one for Mega-Me)are both labelled as disable for Mega-Me.

Mute
Somehow a managed to put MJ into mute mode by accident. It took me forever to find out
what I did because there is no indicator saying MJ is in Mute mode (there used to be).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up