INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.189 -- Available Here  (Read 22072 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 17.0.189 -- Available Here
« on: November 01, 2012, 01:10:35 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170189.exe

17.0.189 (10/31/2012)

1. Fixed: If a time-shift (DST, BST, etc.) occurred in the middle of EPG data, it could cause programs to appear at the wrong time.
2. Fixed: Removed "Recently Watched" category from Netflix since it's not available from their API anymore.

17.0.188 (10/29/2012)

1. Fixed: A crash when a DLNA zone vanishes when trying to send it a file.
2. Changed: Changed Netflix API url from api.netflix.com to api-public.netflix.com.

17.0.187 (10/4/2012)

1. Fixed: When syncing library server files to a device on a client with conversion enabled, tags would not get updated.
2. Fixed: DLNA: updateID wasn't eventing properly. This could have prevented dynamic content updates on devices that relied upon eventing for this (instead of polling).
3. Fixed?: Ripped dvd's (.ifo) playback over DLNA was crashing MC in some cases.

17.0.186 (9/17/2012)

1. Fixed: Switching from a webpage-based Standard View view to Theater View could hang.
2. Fixed: YouTube playback was not working.
3. Fixed: Clicking the 'Edit Disc Information' button in the view header would not work in some cases.

17.0.185 (9/5/2012)

1. Fixed: Hulu playback from Theater View was not working properly.
2. Fixed: The 'Damaged Layers' visualization had the word 'TEST' in it.
3. Fixed: YouTube playback could fail on some systems.
4. Fixed: Doing a field search with the search box (type field name, select, see list of field values) was not working properly.
5. Changed: Removed 'Google Weather' option from Theater View weather (it's no longer supported by Google).
6. Fixed: Frame rate not importing correctly for PAL DVD videos.
7. Fixed: Television recordings (jtv) would not play on LS clients.
8. Fixed: Analog television devices failed to start in the last few builds.

17.0.184 (8/13/2012)

1. Changed: Updated LAV filters to 0.51.3.
2. Fixed: Mixed-mode CD's were not playable - the error "file could not be opened for read access(error2)" would appear.

17.0.183 (8/9/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for DSD DoP bitstreaming of 2x DSD (128FS).
2. Updated: Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
3. Fixed: Opening a FLAC file to read tags could unexpectedly cause a padding block to be added to the tag with some files.
4. Fixed: Drawing text with CJK characters would not wrap as expected in tooltips and other areas of the program.
5. Fixed: Playback of converted audio files could start slowly on Android 4.0 and newer.

17.0.182 (7/18/2012)

1. Fixed: Adding cover art to Flac files could cause a crash.

17.0.181 (7/17/2012)

1. Fixed: Using FormatDate(...) in the player bar could cause problems.
2. Fixed: When starting an image slideshow out of Theater View, the caption would not appear for the first image.
3. Fixed: WebGizmo playback was not working in some cases.
5. Fixed: Seeking could cause a sidecar subtitle to appear twice if the subtitle was set to show for the entire video.
6. Fixed: In some cases, the first subtitle in a video would not appear.
7. Fixed: Burning an audio CD from WMA format files was not working.
8. Fixed: Netflix search was not working.
9. Changed: Updated LAV filters to 0.51.2.  Several bug fixes and enhancements since .50.5.

17.0.180 (7/6/2011)

1. Fixed: DVD dimensions were not importing.
2. Fixed: An M4A with corrupt frames would be unnecessarily slow to work through the bad frames.

Testing build not released to the public.

17.0.178 (6/29/2011)

1. Changed: Increased the limit of text allowed to be placed on the clipboard in a copy from 2MB to 16MB.
2. Fixed: Video transcodes (DLNA, Gizmo, etc.) would fail to delete temporary output files.
3. Fixed: PAL DVD's played with wrong aspect ratio on Gizmo.
4. Changed: MCC 30002 (MCC_PLAY_TV) now requires a parameter to indicate the user-assigned channel-number.
5. Changed: Added bitdepth (bitsPerSample) to parameters parsed when connecting to a DLNA server.
6. New: DLNA: Aggregate DVD's (ifo) will follow conversion rules (previously they were never converted). This allows them to be played to Xbox360 (wmv) as well as incorporate subtitles to renderers that don't handle separate sub files (ie, WDTV, PS3).
7. Fixed: DLNA, some fixes to mimetypes presented to renderers. May allow more items to play with some renderers when conversion is off.

17.0.177 (6/27/2012)

1. Fixed: Parametric Equalizer was not working properly in build 176.
2. Fixed: Loading a UTF-8 file that used a BOM did not work nicely.
3. Changed: CD ripping would show an unnecessary hour in the Action Window (ie. 0:42:30 instead of 42:30).

17.0.176 (6/26/2012)

1. Fixed: In Options > Encoding, using 'Encoder settings...' could cause the encoder selection to be reset.
2. NEW: Secure ripping is faster when using certain drives that may read slowly to reduce noise.
3. Changed: Tuned secure ripping cache defeating mechanism to defeat up to 2MB of drive cache even if the drive cache could not be detected properly.
4. Fixed: Video conversion for DLNA could fail on certain aspect ratio videos when going to WMV.
5. Fixed: Transitioning from an 8-bit file to an 8-bit µ-law encoded file could cause audio to play incorrectly.
6. Fixed: If playback of a file errored, then the last file in the playlist was played, that file could show an incorrect warning when it finished.
7. NEW: Added native support for AU and SND files.
8. Fixed: If playback of a playlist encountered an input file with an audio format that was not supported, it could lead to a crash in certain cases.
9. Fixed: Hauppauge HVR-1600 was mistakenly included in the list of tuners that can not run analog and digital tuners simultaneously.
10. Fixed: Video conversion to MPEG-2 was not working in the last few builds.
11. Changed: Improved the picture quality of converted MPEG-4 video (used by DLNA, handheld upload, etc.).

17.0.175 (6/25/2012)

1. Fixed: Quotes in the name of a track could cause WebGizmo playback to fail.
2. NEW: Thumbnails look better and perform faster when drawing at large sizes.
3. Fixed: Theater View could crash in rare cases due to a thread safety issue.
4. NEW: Add support for reading more info for database fields when connecting to a DLNA server.
5. Fixed: A seek or flush could cause the first subtitle to appear multiple times until the subtitle expired.

17.0.174 (6/21/2012)

1. Fixed: DLNA: One more instance of playlistContainer needed removing. Was still preventing some Onkyo renderers (and perhaps others) from working.
2. Fixed: TV recordings took too long to start in the last two builds.
3. Fixed: Scrolling player display text had a question mark embedded, rather than a graphic dot character.
4. Fixed: Move/Rename operation would fail on video files which shared cover art in the same folder as the video files.
5. Fixed: Some DVD movies when played over DLNA or on Gizmo would skip over sections.
6. Fixed: wmv conversion. New libavformat and libavcodec (version 54). Works with Xbox 360 and subtitles.

17.0.173 (6/14/2012)

1. Changed: Mono handling using 'No upmixing or downmixing' uses pseudo-stereo for music and the center speaker for videos (other than music videos).
2. Changed: Changed how JRiver URL Reader filter handle buffering by taking advantage of buffering info available in LAV splitter filter.  Should help YouTube
3. Fixed: Handheld sync with MTP devices was not working correctly because of a bug in creating the MC database on the device.
4. Changed: Camera acquisition from some device types (e.g. MTP) was dealing with images & videos anywhere on the device. Now it takes a user settable image source path defaulting to \DCIM\.

17.0.172 (6/12/2012)

1. Changed: More internal threading changes in television playback engine.
2. Changed: Build 171 would unintentionally show frames on images in Theater View.
3. Fixed: List truncation tool tips would look incorrect with build 171.
4. Changed: Carnac wouldn't understand Sage TV recordings when the counter number in the filename used 8 digits.
5. Changed: Playing Now Overview uses columns instead of stacked rows to show each zone.
6. Fixed: Playing Now Overview would not update nicely when zones were added or removed while it was showing.
7. Changed: Handheld conversion setting 'Simultaneous conversions' now applies to simultaneous downloads as well.
8. Fixed: Handheld sync from a library server was not obeying the "Enable DSP" flag so that volume leveling was always being performed.
9. Changed: While connected to a library server, "Enable DSP" is replaced with "Apply volume leveling" option in handheld conversion options.
10. Changed: When JRSS does center focused mixing (used for videos other than music videos), mono videos will output on the center speaker instead of as pseudo stereo.

17.0.171 (6/11/2012)

1. Fixed: Hulu playback was not working properly.
2. Fixed: Library-type search views were not working properly in Theater View (like the default Video > Guide > Search).
3. Changed: Clicking 'Save' in the image editor will apply and close any pending tool.
4. NEW: All thumbnail borders are drawn with skin items (that can be customized per skin).
5. Changed: Added 'Skip' cell drawing mode to skinning engine so a cell with no data (like the inside of a thumbnail frame) has no overhead (see Default Skin Items > main.xml > Border section for exmaples).
6. Changed: If thumbnail frames for images are disabled in Options, a drop shadow effect will be used in its place instead of the default thumbnail treatment.

17.0.170 (6/8/2012)

1. Changed: When using the mixing mode 'Clone side channels to rear speakers', if there's a rear center it will be used for the clone (at half-power to each rear) instead of the surrounds.
2. Fixed: Parts of the program that used a wait message could take longer to finish than expected.
3. Changed: Thumbnail borders are rendered at draw time instead of loaded into the thumbnail at load time (allows for more consistent sizing and more flexible styles).
4. Changed: Tuned the thumbnail bordering to use a smaller, more subtle shadowing.
5. Fixed: 6.1 to 7.1 upmixing was not working properly for the rear speakers in some cases.
6. Changed: Added more logging of handheld calls to debug a rare crash that can occur when loading a handheld.
7. Fixed: Using a fadeout on stop would not work properly when Volume Protection was enabled.
8. Changed: Fadeout on stop applies the volume using the internal audio engine instead of the volume slider, so it works nicely with any output device.
9. NEW: Added fadeout on pause feature (configurable in Options > Audio).
10. Fixed: Improved remote button handling during Netflix movie playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

amz

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 17.0.189 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 06:34:03 am »

Hi,

just to let u know that there are some issues related to the german translation, e.g. customize display (top) for play mode (main & alternative).
The translated german tag(s) won't work as they are displayed unsubstituted/plain. Reverting to the english tag works fine.

Regs,
Achim

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 05:58:50 am »

Large Value Fields Like Description is excluded when doing a search, even though is ticked as default search field.
MT5FR

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 09:27:49 am »

I am seeing some odd behavior with this build. After using .186 for a long time - I updated to this build.

But this morning - when I did a manual Auto-Import - MC suddenly decided to "report" that 4958 files had "external changes" (on my server). So - with sweat starting to form - I let the import finish and examined the log that was displayed. Seems that this build is suddenly "disconnecting" itself from the actual file Modified date property (Via Windows) and reading some phantom value into it's Date Modified field. Example below....

Here's an album view of files on my server (in Windows Explorer) - note that all Modified dates are equal

Yet - when I forced a "manual" auto import this morning...MC believes something has changed with tracks 7-13\

And it has done this with 4000+ others tracks as well. Many (if not all) that I have never touched/edited in months. I checked out this album and the files seem to be okay.

Could it be the time change? I find it curious that the files that MC thinks were changed are exactly one hour "back" (we just fell back one hour here in Alberta overnight)....

However - when I look at other files in the list of 4958 - not all fit this pattern.....

The only other thing of note that has happened in the last two weeks was that I moved ALL of my 48000 plus files into an A-Z structure (on the server) back on Oct 24. But - I have run many many manual Auto Imports since then...both with build 186 and at least 10 or 15 times with build 189 since I installed it on Friday.

Ideas?

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 07:01:35 pm »

ave

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 08:09:51 pm »

Hello. I am new to this forum...
I own a licensed MC17 and I love it. I wanted to try MC18 so I installed the trial version, but it makes clicking sounds on every audio file it plays... :(

So I tried to get back to MC17, but problems began. To make a long story short, I had to uninstall both MC17 and MC18... and when I try to reinstall MC17 I have to request a registration code for it, but I receive a registration code for MC18... I am stuck, because I can't get my old trusted MC17 to work.

Please help me... it's urgent.

Best regards,

Alvaro

JimH

• Administrator

ave

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 08:24:42 am »

Thank you Jim. I still need to reactivate my MC17, but I can't get the Registration Code for it using the Restore Page.... How can I get it??
Thanks again.

Alvaro

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 08:53:03 am »

Thank you Jim. I still need to reactivate my MC17, but I can't get the Registration Code for it using the Restore Page.... How can I get it??
Thanks again.

Alvaro
You have an MC18 license.  It will work with MC17 or MC18.

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 05:58:27 pm »

question, got  17/18 deleted 17 & 18 keeps crashing thinking pull tuner go back to 17 at that time no problems

just a thought

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 07:59:53 pm »

question, got  17/18 deleted 17 & 18 keeps crashing thinking pull tuner go back to 17 at that time no problems.
It may turn out to be something like this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79569.msg541047#msg541047

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 08:37:44 am »

Will check this out .I don't have a regular internet conn at home (Verizon hotspot) so I will shut off internet & see if still crashes .Best guess as of now is it will

Now mc 18 was downloaded from a Comcast conn. (where I do my major downloads from) not at home

could that be affecting a download?

omri

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 06:23:39 am »

i am new to this forum, and i dont know if its the right place to ask but:
i have a problem with video playback, all file formats are playing at double speed at my mc17.
couldnt find someone with the same problem on the interact, already tried to remove all codecs, tried to play with mc video settings and to reinstall mc. none of the above solved the problem.
video play ok on kmplayer and vlc.

where can i get help ?

thanks,
omri.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 06:47:52 am »

I'll split your post to a new thread.  Next time, use "New topic" in the upper right corner of the index page if you can't find a topic (thread) that is on the subject.

Try setting video to "Red October Standard".  If that doesn't work, provide more details about what types of files you're trying to play.

headphonebar

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 04:45:43 pm »

I have a specialty headphones store and use your software on two computers for demos.
It is crashing regularly and it is very clumsy switching through different drivers, in order to use different dacs.

If there is a person who works for JRiver and is interested in advising us if JRiver should be able to seamlessly switch between usb devices and how to set up your program, I'd love to hear from you.

Its at the point now that I cannot use the software effectively.
thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 04:55:48 pm »

Sorry about that.  A crash could be anything.  The wiki has a topic called "Stability" that might help you find the problem.

You could set up multiple sound devices as different zones and switch that way.  See "Zones" on the wiki.

MapleTenor

• Recent member
Theatre View Online Mediashow / error
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 03:51:37 pm »

Hi Jim / Matt,

When playing music in Theatre View, formerly most of the images as provided by Google showed up. 

However, though nothing has changed to my Mc17 setup, the Theatre View screen remains on the CD cover.
Under Tools/Options/Theatre View etc., the tick mark for online media screenshow is well set.

When using tools/links manually when playing a track, MC17 does find images relating to the track currently playing, noteably the ones which I frequently saw when using a particular track of e.g. Mikhail Stahievitch or Mikhail Pletnev.

Could you help me out with this ?

Many thanks in advance,

MapleTenor

nishadhasan

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 10:38:26 pm »

many many thanks for this. I want to use this.  ;D

twofisted metal

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 03:04:12 pm »

I used the link you had at the top of the page to download mc17. I had purchased it sometime ago I have my registration code but it keeps giving me an error message telling me my code is invalid would I like to upgrade?. What am I doing wrong?I even had a email sent to me with my code in it so I made sure it was the same as the one I had on file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up