INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.90 -- Available Here  (Read 16808 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 18.0.90 -- Available Here
« on: December 06, 2012, 09:02:51 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Please read this first.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180090.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.90 (12/5/2012)

1. NEW: Multiple movie discs (Blu-ray, DVD) can be ripped at once.
2. Fixed: Customizing some burn settings like the between tracks mode would not work properly.
3. Changed: Parametric Equalizer only exposes channels above the standard 8 if DSP Studio > Output Format > Channels is configured to use more (also allows accessing up to 32 channels with Parametric Equalizer when using that many channels).
4. Fixed: When making a change in a Parametric Equalizer filter and then immediately switching to a different filter or DSP, the changes could be lost.
5. Changed: With the low and high shelf filters in Parametric Equalizer, the bandwidth setting alters the slope (previously it was ignored).

18.0.89 (12/5/2012)

1. Fixed: A few command line issues.

18.0.88 (12/4/2012)

1. NEW: ZoneSwitch feature that can route playback to zones based on rules (Menu > Player > Zones > ZoneSwitch...).
2. Fixed: Shell extensions were not working due to command line changes in build 85.
3. Fixed: The Auto-Import dialog could crash in some cases.
4. Changed: When using the automatic EPG download option, genre will be filled.
5. Fixed: Facebook upload was not working properly.

18.0.87 (12/3/2012)

1. NEW: The main / default title to play for a Blu-ray will be read from the AnyDVD disc.inf file if it exists.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language file.  Thanks kelijun.
3. Changed: When a 3d Theater View list changes to a full resolution image, the transition is smoother and more efficient.
4. Fixed: Aspect ratio management for thumbnails in Series and Season views for Theater View was not working properly.
5. Changed: Improved how Theater View 3d lists interact with touch.

18.0.86 (12/3/2012)

1. Fixed: If Theater View failed to create a device (possibly because of madVR exclusive), it could crash instead of retrying or showing an informative message.
2. Fixed: A few command line things were not working properly with build 85.

18.0.85 (11/30/2012)

1. SDK: Added command line option /ShowTreePath.  For example: MC18.exe /ShowTreePath Audio\Recent
2. Changed: Revised command line system used by the main program and the launcher (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
3. Fixed: ID3v2 tags that used UTF-16 for the description field of the image frame (APIC) would not load properly.
4. Changed: Removed mini-skins from the view menu (may return later; more here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75971.0).
5. NEW: Revised how movie thumbnails are handled with regards to blanks and aspect ratio (changes are experimental, feedback welcome).

18.0.84 (11/30/2012)

1. Changed: The popup message box is replaced with OSD message when starting a television channel in low disk space condition.  The popup could not be seen because it hid behind the main window.
2. Changed: When disk space is lower than 20 GB, television in time-shifting mode will show a warning message periodically.  When disk space is lower than 2 GB time-shifting will be canceled and can not be restarted.
3. Fixed: When switching audio tracks, the program could hang (only applies to build 78-82).

Experimental testing build not released to the public.

18.0.82 (11/29/2012)

1. NEW: Live playback (ASIO line-in and WASAPI loopback) are available with File > Open Live...
2. [NEW: Created a new latency management algorithm for live playback that better copes with DSPs that work in large blocks like convolution.
3. Changed: The Tag Action Window shows a truncation tooltip on mouse-over for any field name that isn't displayed completely.
4. Fixed: Deleting a zone while it was playing would cause a crash.
5. Fixed: In some cases the Last.fm cache of similar artists would not work properly, causing Play Doctor to be slower than necessary.
6. Fixed: Zone linking and unlinking in conjunction with Play Doctor could lead to problems in some cases.
7. Changed: When a Blu-ray or DVD disc is temporarily unavailable, we no longer pop-up a message box.  Instead, the list view for the disc shows appropriate text about the situation.
8. Fixed: Pane tagging could crash when picking the new value entry for a non-field type category.
9. Faster: The Theater View caption / template system is around 200x faster picking templates for files (should make file and guide views noticeably faster).
10. Fixed: After doing a Ctrl+A, a list could reset the selection to only the first item if the focus shifted.
11. Changed: Keyboard navigation in the main tree skips items that redirect to other items like the root of 'Audio', etc.
12. Changed: Revised the default video views in Standard View (only applies to a new user or if you reset views with View > Add View > Reset All Library Views To Default).

18.0.81 (11/28/2012)

1. Fixed: Some video files did not play on Library Server clients.
2. Fixed: MC could not do seeking, FF, REW, jump, etc. on video files that did play on LS clients.
3. Fixed: Shift+Up/Down wasn't working properly in the panes or tree.
4. Changed: Keyboard navigation in a tree no longer triggers auto-expand (use left/right to toggle expansion).
5. Changed: Left/right navigation in the panes works more logically with nested pane values (left/right does expansion on a parent item and switches panes on any other item).
6. Fixed: If starting Play Doctor playback encountered an error, it could crash.
7. Fixed: The Auto-Import dialog could crash with a pure virtual function call (hopefully fixed but unable to reproduce, so please report any problems).
8. Fixed: The 'Close' button on the top right of the bottom list in a library view had incorrect vertical text alignment.
9. Fixed: Vertical text alignment of the main player text could be off a little.
10. Fixed: Closing the program in Media Server mode could leave a view on the screen in some cases when using a glass-based skin.
11. Fixed: In edit controls with spell-checking, the red underline could draw in the wrong spot.
12. NEW: Added WASAPI - Event Style option 'Mute on start (eliminates hardware clicks when starting some hardware)'.  May help DoP / PCM transitions on certain hardware (feedback appreciated).
13. Changed: Background television tasks (such as recording and EPG updating) are ignored if the TV feature is not enabled.

18.0.80 (11/27/2012)

1. Fixed: Drag-n-drop into Media Center from an external program was not working.
2. Fixed: The COM automation SDK was not working properly.
3. Fixed: Image playback was not working.
4. Fixed: Mousing over a thumbnail stack in a list did not animate through the images in the stack.
5. Changed: Return of several dialogs, including the incomplete shutdown, favorites organizer, etc.
6. Fixed: The Performer Store was not working with the Chromium browser engine.
7. Fixed: Fixed a couple formatting issues in the Performer Store.

18.0.79 (11/26/2012)

1. Fixed: When LS client plays a jtv file that is still actively been updated on the server, the duration was not updated if the "Play local file if one that matches Library Server file is found" option is on.
2. Changed: "Play local file if one that matches Library Server file is found" does not apply to jtv files.
3. Fixed: When a button transitioned states, it would animate a larger area of the UI than necessary (causing worse performance, and sometimes dueling animation).
4. Changed: Switched COM automation underpinnings away from MFC (should be internal change, but please report any new issues with plugins).
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language file.  Thanks kelijun.
6. Changed: Removed remaining MFC from main program (some features will be unavailable for a while).

18.0.78 (11/19/2012)

1. Fixed: Possible crash when switching tracks.
2. Fixed: Remove Tags did not work for mp4 files.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese Language file.  Thanks kelijun.
4. Fixed: On Windows 8, a fixed drive could (still) appear as a WMDM handheld device in some cases.
5. Fixed: When using the Chromium web browser engine, clicking a link that received special handling like a download from YouTube could result in an error page being shown.
6. Fixed: The mouse wheel was not working in Theater View with the last few builds.
7. Changed: The Podcast episode tag customization system uses the regular expression engine and expression editing control instead of using a special Podcast-only language.
8. Fixed: Maximizing options could cause clicking in the list to stop working.
9. Changed: Merged the audio CD burning effects options into the main CD burning options page (previously it was a separate popup).

18.0.77 (11/16/2012)

1. Fixed: Podcast webpage views were not working nicely with glass-based skins.
2. Fixed: The tooltip on the volume slider would not update while mouse-wheeling to show the new volume.
3. Fixed: If a panes view used the default sorting, right-click and double-click on a pane value could use files in a random order (instead of respecting the default sorting).
4. Fixed: ALAC mp4 files created in MC did not work in iPods because iPods do not support the newer MPEG-4 standard.
5. Fixed: Typed navigation in the panes could behave incorrectly if a pane item got selected that was particularly slow to evaluate.
6. Fixed: Using Party Mode with no password was not working properly.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.90 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 09:04:59 am »

Please read this first before downloading.

rlebrette

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:23:03 am »

That's Christmas before Christmas! What a wonderful new build!

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 12:07:29 pm »

Shell integration went bye-bye.  And the mini skins....should have read the disclaimer.  Oops.
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 12:12:50 pm »

Shell integration went bye-bye.  And the mini skins....should have read the disclaimer.  Oops.

For shell extensions, just reboot.

Explanation here (under 'Shell Extensions in Explorer Don't Work After an Install'):
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Installation_Problems
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rlebrette

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 02:08:50 pm »

I've just discovered the "generate language translation" feature, is it something new? Where's the generated file? Is the file generated from the english one or from the internal messages? That's really cool, I'm going to update the french translation.

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 02:40:11 pm »

This new build is great but I can't use any more this display plug-in I really found of:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63628.0

It doesn't work any more with MC 18.0.90.

I've another question. Is it possible to automatically switch to a specific zone (e.g. video) when I insert a Blu-Ray disc or a DVD in my  BD drive or is it impossible for the moment?

filupmarley

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 08:22:14 pm »

The Zone switching is fantastic!

Sauzee

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 08:31:07 pm »

srt subs not available for display when playing from client (movie files stored on MC server machine). reported previously, but not fixed by changes in .81 build.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 08:50:48 pm »

srt subs not available for display when playing from client (movie files stored on MC server machine). reported previously, but not fixed by changes in .81 build.
We're on build 90 now.  Is that what you're using?

Sauzee

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 09:10:14 pm »

We're on build 90 now.  Is that what you're using?

Yes I'm using 90. i just mentioned 81 because that's the build that fixed a lot of the bugs with video playback over mc client/server. the only bug still remaining at current build 90 is no srt sub playback from client machine.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 09:20:25 pm »

Okay, well... I should have tested it before now, but I was busy and didn't have time to mess around with it.

But now my application isn't working (and probably scripts too).

When I do:

Code: [Select]
obj = (MediaCenter.MCAutomation)Marshal.GetActiveObject("MediaJukebox Application");
I'm getting:

+ base {"Member not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020003 (DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND))"} System.SystemException {System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException}
After which I do:

obj = (MediaCenter.MCAutomation)Activator.CreateInstance(Type.GetTypeFromProgID("MediaJukebox Application"));
And that never completes.  However, when this call happens, MC itself restores from the system tray (which I never tell it to do).  I did reboot after installing (though I tried first, it failed, rebooted, still fails).  Now I tried rolling back to 18.0.85, and it still isn't working, though I haven't rebooted again yet.

What's going on?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 09:27:29 pm »

Crud.  Post reboot, I'm still getting an error...

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {572802D5-FBF6-4C30-89CA-BDF2CE4AEC2B} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).12/6/2012 10:24:59 PM - Exception:
This is on build 18.0.85.  On 18.0.90 it acted much the same.  I'm rolling back to the previous public build (which is what I was on before).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 09:35:09 pm »

Rolling back to 18.0.78 fixes it, without requiring a reboot.

I'll try to find which one specifically breaks it, but something in COM is missing or broken, it looks like...  What can I do to help?  I have a nice little tester environment, so...

PS.  Sorry I didn't find this before.  Bad beta tester.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »

Did you take a look at Matt's post on removal of MFC?  I think it talks about the COM interface.

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 09:43:51 pm »

18.0.82 (11/29/2012)
3. Changed: The Tag Action Window shows a truncation tooltip on mouse-over for any field name that isn't displayed completely.
Thank you for this change.
Solves my problem mentioned here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75706.msg514107#msg514107

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 10:03:55 pm »

Did you take a look at Matt's post on removal of MFC?  I think it talks about the COM interface.

Yeah, I read it, of course.  I intentionally didn't update, because....  Well, I knew there could be early problems, and I had work enough on my own to be also worried about hunting down beta bugs, so I held off till I was further along (which I am now, and I was ready to test).

He said:

There are a couple things that could use some extra testing:
  • Drag-n-drop (both inside the program and in and out of the program)
  • COM automation SDK
I should have tested before now, but now I did.

In my defense, I finally decide to write something, and I'm a few months of hard work in, and you guys start mucking about with this stuff for the first time in years?   ;D

But, in either case, I did now, and it doesn't work.  It looks like he intended for the COM automation SDK to continue working, but it wasn't sure.  What can I do to help?  Or, is there something else I should try?

PS.  Re-reading myself above, I realize I shouldn't have said "What's going on?".  I knew full well the bigger "What's going on?"... That was really a rhetorical /glynor mumbles "what's going on" and fires up Visual Studio to try to see what's going on...

I've been messing with it, but I haven't gotten very far.  The base calls to get the COM object either fail or never return.  There's a bunch of exceptions in the base classes, but they never throw in my application, and I don't know which ones are relevant and which aren't.  I'm still digging a bit, but it is time for bed....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 10:24:10 pm »

But, in either case, I did now, and it doesn't work.

Sorry for the trouble.

.NET might require some interface to be implemented that C++ linkage doesn't require (I only tested C++ after the change).

If you have a .NET test project that shows the problem, please mail it to me.

Thanks.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 11:08:50 pm »

This build loads very fast! Wow...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 11:25:30 pm »

No problem, Matt.  Sent.  FYI, though...

This VBScript code also doesn't seem to work (pretty much directly from the Wiki):

'Connect to MC instance (try running object first)
Dim objMC
On Error Resume Next
Set objMC = GetObject(, "MediaJukebox Application")
If Err.Number = 429 Then
On Error Goto 0
'Then, create a new object
Set objMC = CreateObject("MediaJukebox Application")
End If

So neither VB's GetObject or the more modern System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal are responding when you use the ProgID "MediaJukebox Application".  I'm honestly not sure how to look up what that is for running processes though...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 11:43:57 pm »

FYI, it was a pain to send that because Gmail kept rejecting sending my ZIPs because they contained executable code (dlls and exes from the debug and obj folders, I just zipped the whole darn thing).

I should have just 7z'd it or something to get around it, but I was all frazzled.  Sorry about the repeated emails with bad zips.

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 05:22:38 am »

Since upgrading from 18.0.78 parametric eq filters often create crackle and distortion when audio of that frequency range is played. This is regardless of audio device application volume or driver. Strangely enough increasing the audio buffer size helps but doesn't eliminate the the problem.

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 08:02:49 am »

.NET might require some interface to be implemented that C++ linkage doesn't require (I only tested C++ after the change).

I am also having trouble with the new build and my own Visual Studio 2010 Express C# Project, which is very much inspired by Mr ChriZ:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33020.msg280016#msg280016

I'm getting this:
System.InvalidCastException wurde nicht behandelt.
  Message=OleAut meldete einen Typenkonflikt.
  Source=mscorlib
  StackTrace:
       bei Microsoft.Win32.OAVariantLib.ChangeTypeEx(Variant& result, Variant& source, Int32 lcid, IntPtr typeHandle, Int32 cvType, Int16 flags)
       bei Microsoft.Win32.OAVariantLib.ChangeType(Variant source, Type targetClass, Int16 options, CultureInfo culture)
       bei System.OleAutBinder.ChangeType(Object value, Type type, CultureInfo cultureInfo)
       bei System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
       bei MediaCenter.IMJFileAutomation.get_PlayCounter()
       bei MC_getplayingnow_WW.Program.Main(String[] args) in d:\dokumente\visual studio 2010\Projects\MC_getplayingnow_WW\MC_getplayingnow_WW\Program.cs:Zeile 363.
       bei System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
       bei System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       bei Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:

It happens in the last line of:
            MCAutomation mediaCenterInterface = (MediaCenter.MCAutomation)System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetActiveObject("MediaJukebox Application");
            MediaCenter.IMJCurPlaylistAutomation currentFileList = mediaCenterInterface.GetCurPlaylist();

//Get Number of files in PlayingNow
            int numberOfFilesInPlaylist = currentFileList.GetNumberFiles();

//Enumerate through files in playlist
            for (int cnt = 0; cnt < numberOfFilesInPlaylist; ++cnt)
            {
                if (currentFileList.GetFile(cnt).Get("Media Type", true) == "Audio")
                {
                    IMJFileAutomation currentFile = currentFileList.GetFile(cnt);
                    audioFiles.Add(currentFile);

double unixSeconds = currentFile.LastPlayed;

Would it be useful to send you the project by PM?

gappie

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 10:30:20 am »

im having weird behaviour in the new zoneswitch when images are involved.
1 when i start images in a zone without playback, the zone will playback the images although it is set to (for instance) audio only, and there is an other zone for imageplayback.
2 when i playback an mixed list of images and videoos (from my camera), the list will only put the images or the videoos in playing now, depending on what i start with. the zone itself accepts the playback of both.

:)
gab

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 11:07:23 am »

The automation issues should be fixed next build.  Sorry for the trouble.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 11:18:41 am »

The automation issues should be fixed next build.  Sorry for the trouble.

No worries, Matt.  Was it just a missing Interface you were required to implement to support .NET?  I spent some time digging through the base exceptions from the GetActiveObject call last night, but it was full of confusing stuff about things missing here and there, and I wasn't sure which were relevant and which weren't.

I'll confirm when it comes out.

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 11:19:56 am »

Just noticed that if you set the font to size 12 and you have Noire Glass skin, the top part of the GUI needs some fixing as the title and the spectrum analyzer get out of their frame and look weird.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 11:59:41 am »

Zone Switch is awesome in theory, but it currently lacks 2 important things for me. It needs to switch back to the previous zone for files that don't match the criteria and it there should be rules for entering other views, eg. Theatre View.

Thanks for the new build :D

psam

• World Citizen
MC crashes when I modify tags on some flac files
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 01:47:55 pm »

I am running MC18 on Win7 64bit.

When I try to modify tags on certain flac files, MC18 crashes.

Foobar has no problems modifying the tags on the same files.

I can reproduce the problem in different operations:

Files on Synology NAS, MC18 importing the network files on its local library.
Files on Synology NAS, MC18 running as client on MC18 server , files have been imported on MC18 server.
Files on local HD, MC18 running standalone on local (Main) library.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 01:49:59 pm »

I don't think ZoneSwitch is working as designed or intended.

This morning I double clicked an mp3 file, and audio was sent to my Image Zone (it was the currently active zone).  My switch rules are simply based on Media Type, and this file should have played back in my Audio Zone.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Klaus_K

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 01:51:06 pm »

When I try to modify tags on certain flac files, MC18 crashes.

similar behaviour here. I can't tag files while playing music. It works when playing nothing though.

BR
Klaus

dean70

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 03:38:00 pm »

minor issue in Standard View with the status info above the slider that shows time, bitrate, etc for audio - the time field jumps around as the bitrate varies from xxx to xxxx or xxxxx in length.

MrC

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 06:45:55 pm »

minor issue in Standard View with the status info above the slider that shows time, bitrate, etc for audio - the time field jumps around as the bitrate varies from xxx to xxxx or xxxxx in length.

This was one of my nits too.  Until recently, there wasn't much you could do about it.  Now that MC18 has the full expression language available to the player area, we can fix this.  Here are two ways to resolve.  Customize the Display (right-click the player display area and Customize Display), and in the Status line of Play Mode (Main), change the field variable:

[Bitrate (Labelled)]

to either one of:

padnumber([Bitrate],4) kbps

or if you don't like the leading zero, use the slightly more expensive:

mid(/ / / / , length([Bitrate]))[Bitrate (Labeled)]

Note: the characters after each of the four forward slashes are En-Quad (Unicode U+2000).  This is the optimal blank character I've found to ensure minimal jumping.

Each of the expressions above support 4 digits of bitrate - adjust if you need more by changing the 4 in the first expression to 5 or more, or in the second expression, adding additional forward slash-En-Quad pairs.

SmokinJ

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 06:17:03 am »

As reported earlier, I'm still experiencing installation failures on my XP machines. After new build decompresses I get a Windows installation failure. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same results. Reverting to 18.0.70 results in a successful install. I'm stumped. Sure would like to move on. Any tips?

globetrotters1

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 06:34:13 am »

I installed MC18 over MC17 and now the MC remote control loses control while playing a movie, any movie. In the beginning remote control works, but later if I want to pause or stop the playback it's not responding anymore!!! May be a bug, no idea, I changed nothing

Furthermore playback of music tracks hangs several times during one day and the program has to be killed and restarted!

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 07:19:49 am »

As reported earlier, I'm still experiencing installation failures on my XP machines. After new build decompresses I get a Windows installation failure. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same results. Reverting to 18.0.70 results in a successful install. I'm stumped. Sure would like to move on. Any tips?
Please start a new thread.  Antivirus or other "security" software could be a cause.

GuidoW

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 07:40:51 am »

Multi channel OGG is still unusable (since introduction) because of wrong channel mapping.
Am I supposed to post this over and over until solved (4th time now), kinda like begging?
I think that's wrong, maybe the way people report bugs need to be thought over.

Can someone from jriver please confirm this to be a bug and that it will be solved
one day - without requiring me repeating posts about it?

Noone else is complaining about it, I understand if it is not top priority to you, that's ok,
just let me know that it is on your list.

Thanks
Guido

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 07:52:02 am »

You could start a thread asking if anyone else can confirm, then just link to it in the build threads.

fridden

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 11:16:25 am »

similar behaviour here. I can't tag files while playing music. It works when playing nothing though.

BR
Klaus

MC is crashing for me too when tagging either video or audio files. I can tag a few fields, or a few files but suddenly it stops and Windows says MC stopped working.
The file types I tried to tag was APE and AVI

I have not seen this before I upgraded to .90

/Fridden

Sauzee

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 12:56:38 pm »

I have lots of 6 channel mp4 files. MC reports as compression type mp4 video AVC1, Audio AAC, 2 channels ie. it states 2 channels instead of the correct 6 channels.

GuidoW

• Recent member
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 01:32:45 pm »

Jim
I don't need confirmation of other users.
I dunno why you think you need more reports.
The issue is easily reproducible and I already provided links to test files.
I've tested it on several systems.
There's no question it's a bug.
If you'd invest around 3 minutes to listen to a channel test file you'd converted
to ogg you would see yourself.
I really need to gather more users to confirm such an obvious bug?

MrC

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 01:37:38 pm »

Jim
I don't need confirmation of other users.
I dunno why you think you need more reports.
The issue is easily reproducible and I already provided links to test files.
I've tested it on several systems.
There's no question it's a bug.
If you'd invest around 3 minutes to listen to a channel test file you'd converted
to ogg you would see yourself.
I really need to gather more users to confirm such an obvious bug?

Start a thread so that others can comment.  Include the links you've provided, and briefly explain the issue.

Include a link to the thread periodically in the builds if the problem isn't addressed.

You can probably appreciate the JRiver folks are pretty busy, and patience is appreciated by them.

GuidoW

• Recent member
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 02:17:20 pm »

Start a thread so that others can comment.  Include the links you've provided, and briefly explain the issue.

Include a link to the thread periodically in the builds if the problem isn't addressed.

You can probably appreciate the JRiver folks are pretty busy, and patience is appreciated by them.

Thanks MrC
Well I did open another thread here here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76272.0
I still have to learn them mechanics of development in MC.
But it still occurs wrong to me.
I'm reporting a bug, helping the producer of a commercial product to make it better.
I provide proof and easily reproducible tests.
yet I need to go further rounds to be heard?
seems wrong to me, but maybe I don't see the whole picture.
And it is not about speed, I'm already waiting 30 or so builds and I can wait another 50 without getting impatient.
It's about getting some kind of feedback that the bug reporting is accepted (or denied for that matter).
Some kind of bug tracker would be more suitable than a forum for such a task, imho.

MrC

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 02:25:45 pm »

It's all about perspective.

Bug management systems take time and energy to manage.  The JRiver team, being small and efficient, has opted to use a model where they focus on what they enjoy doing, and where their core strengths are - coding the software and making cool stuff in MC work.  It isn't much fun working on infrastructure stuff such as bug tracking, and all that work is essentially throwaway.

And towards perspective, probably features or bugs that you and I might like fixed, may in the grand scheme of things be relatively low priority.  (e.g. what percentage of MC users actually convert multi-channel flac to ogg?)

The great news is that some stuff gets fixed overnight.  That's very nice.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2012, 04:24:25 pm »

When selecting "Show Tags with Values" in the tag window, it doesn't appear to show all tags with values.  I was playing with the imdb rating program posted a couple of days ago and created the new decimal field imdbRating. I updated the field, the field has a value when I view all tags, the sidecar has a value, it just doesn't show when I select Show Tags with Values.

Craig

audioriver

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2012, 04:48:20 pm »

I am trying to remove Performer Store from the tree. Options/Services, uncheck Performer Media Center. Upon pressing Ok, MC crashes instantly.
Windows 10 Pro x64

idhToronto

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2012, 05:36:07 pm »

Since the upgrade to MC 18 when in theater view the background image stays the same and a slideshow does not perform

Ian

jack wallstreet

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2012, 05:47:43 pm »

I am trying to remove Performer Store from the tree. Options/Services, uncheck Performer Media Center. Upon pressing Ok, MC crashes instantly.

This does not happen when I try it in 18.0.90.  Seems to work fine for me.
John

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2012, 06:01:50 pm »

Since the upgrade to MC 18 when in theater view the background image stays the same and a slideshow does not perform

It's working for me.  Try rebooting but it may be a firewall problem preventing MC from getting to the Internet.

Please start a new thread if you want to discuss.

bebetou

• Recent member
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 09:23:14 am »

The Zone switching is fantastic!

yes its really good!but im wondering if it can auto switch to another zone when i start loopback,coz if i use convolution when loopbacking,the sound claps a lot,tried different buffers etc,still claps...
anyone got any ideas?thanks!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up