INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 262107 times)

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2013, 12:17:50 pm »

Hello Lespaul,
How can i add the current (only this one) to an existing or new playlist and save it?

Regards Erwin

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2013, 06:02:48 pm »

Although I risk to be ignored completely with such a long list, I wanted to give you a sum-up of some older reported issues and the new ones:

Bugs (or so it seems):
* B01: No Save/Load Playlist option for the playlist for "This device", only for zones. Why? Would be great to save/load playlists regardless of the output device.
* B02:The numbering of the tracks in the slide-in playlist on the main screen is always the album position. I think the slide-in playlist should honor the setting of the Playing Now screen. So whatever numbering mode is activated there should be used on the main screen too.
* B03: When changing the numbering mode the currently played song does not change the number.
* B04: When changing a rating it is not shown in the playlist or on the main screen. Only if JRemote is forced to reload the folder/album the changed ratings are shown.
* B05: iPad only: When viewing an album of an artist in the main view, the title says always "Various, Multiple albums", even if it is a) one artist only, and b) only one album with a single disc.
* B06: I also have the shuffling issue, although it seems I only have this on the iPhone, not on the iPad (confirmation appreciated)
* B07:I think there is a new small issue with the playback zone switching:
** a) It seems that playback starts automatically as soon as I switch to This Device.
** b)n addition I had it once on the iPhone that I switched from a zone to This Device and it still showed me the title and cover image of the song from the old zone (and this song was not part of the current playlist). So playback started automatically with a U2 song from the local playlist, but the title and cover was from a different song from the old zone.
** c) And finally it happened multiple times that the playlist was cleared automatically. I never noticed this with the old version. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the exact steps which lead to this, and I also cannot say if this only happened to the local playlist or also for a zone. As soon as I notice this again, I will give more information.
* B08: I am not sure if this is a bug, but I changed the tag "Replay Gain" for one song. I could do this with JRemote, although it did not change anything (I thought this would change the playback volume in respect to the other tracks), and despite this field is not editable in JRiver. Is this intended to edit a non-editable field?

Feature Requests:
* F01: Volume control:
** a) adding a plus/minus button to change volume in a controlled way
** b) set the maximum volume in the settings so that the volume bar right end represents this max value (useful for people in apartments and for some devices like Denon and Marantz with a non-linear volume)
* F02: It is good to have volume and seek bar on the main screen now. However, I do not understand, why the layout on the Playing Now screen is different. Why not using the exact same layout for these two sliders and place both of them at the bottom. I think this would be more convenient.
* F03: Gestures: There were suggestions (and some discussions ;) ) regarding gestures with one and up to three fingers. I just put this here so that you don't forget to implement the gestures in a way you see fit.
* F04: Tag editing for one album only (also from Cassangelo, 19.04.2013)
* F05: For albums with multiple discs only the track numbers are shown, therefore there are multiple tracks with 1, 2, etc. Maybe you could add the disc number (but only for albums with multiple discs), either as 1.1, A1, etc.
* F06: On the main screen there is no Stop button, only Pause. It is not very important but I think it would be better to have a Stop here too.
* F07: iPhone only: Change the playback zone on the main screen, not on Playing Now. I know that you plan to solve this with a slide-in menu, so I put this here as a reminder. By the way, I think the Xing app features a very nice slide-in menu. Maybe you want to check this for reference...
* F08: List/add/remove playlists of/to/from a track. I think that quite some people here would like to have that feature. I have started a thread to ask the JRiver developers to provide the necessary SDK/API features: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80032.0

Please also tell me if you do not intend to change/implement one of these topics, so that I will not report them again in the future.

Glad you are back. To be honest, I also got worried already. What would we do without JRemote... unthinkable... ;)
The new version is great and has some really nice features (I like the local search and the fast scroll bars the most). The only thing is the new splash screen... I liked the old one better.

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2013, 09:14:39 pm »

Hi Guys, sorry ...

not a problem ... even I have to find a way to check in more -- I thought I was being notified ...

shAf:
Please send me a mail about your current situation. I have been really busy lately, so have been slow with support.

My situation is pretty much the same--I had high hopes for the new version. I'm beginning to believe tracts stop streaming to my iP4, then switch to the next track because most of my music is AAC M4a. I say that because more often than not I'll see a "possibly in incompatible format" error message ... But then play the next track fine(?)  the M4a files are encoded with Qaac 'tvbr111'

Let me know if I can provide more info ... TIA :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2013, 03:52:41 am »

Ok, I have found the problem related to tracks being shuffled.
If you select the first track on an iPhone, the tracks are shuffled.

A temporary workaround would be to select the second track when adding to the playlist.
I will release a fix very soon.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2013, 03:57:52 am »

Rubberduck, thank you for compiling the list of issues. Makes my work a lot easier.

* B01: No Save/Load Playlist option for the playlist for "This device", only for zones. Why? Would be great to save/load playlists regardless of the output device.

Agree, I will remove that limitation.

* B02:The numbering of the tracks in the slide-in playlist on the main screen is always the album position. I think the slide-in playlist should honor the setting of the Playing Now screen. So whatever numbering mode is activated there should be used on the main screen too.

Agree, will fix

* B03: When changing the numbering mode the currently played song does not change the number.

Thats a bug, will fix

* B04: When changing a rating it is not shown in the playlist or on the main screen. Only if JRemote is forced to reload the folder/album the changed ratings are shown.

Yes, I will improve this.

* B05: iPad only: When viewing an album of an artist in the main view, the title says always "Various, Multiple albums", even if it is a) one artist only, and b) only one album with a single disc.

Should not do this for regular albums. For playlists this is always the case yes. Are you talking about the playlist views?

* B06: I also have the shuffling issue, although it seems I only have this on the iPhone, not on the iPad (confirmation appreciated)

Confirmed, look at post above

* B07:I think there is a new small issue with the playback zone switching:
** a) It seems that playback starts automatically as soon as I switch to This Device.

Thats by design, I can change it.

** b)n addition I had it once on the iPhone that I switched from a zone to This Device and it still showed me the title and cover image of the song from the old zone (and this song was not part of the current playlist). So playback started automatically with a U2 song from the local playlist, but the title and cover was from a different song from the old zone.

I`ve spent some time on this earlier. I have also had it happen a couple of timse, but have pushed it back on the list since it`s not critical.

** c) And finally it happened multiple times that the playlist was cleared automatically. I never noticed this with the old version. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the exact steps which lead to this, and I also cannot say if this only happened to the local playlist or also for a zone. As soon as I notice this again, I will give more information.

Please do, I have never seen this myself.

* B08: I am not sure if this is a bug, but I changed the tag "Replay Gain" for one song. I could do this with JRemote, although it did not change anything (I thought this would change the playback volume in respect to the other tracks), and despite this field is not editable in JRiver. Is this intended to edit a non-editable field?

I have no checks to ensure that a tag field is updatable or bot at the current time. I may add this later.

Feature Requests:
* F01: Volume control:
** a) adding a plus/minus button to change volume in a controlled way
** b) set the maximum volume in the settings so that the volume bar right end represents this max value (useful for people in apartments and for some devices like Denon and Marantz with a non-linear volume)

I`ll see if I can squeeze in a plus and minus control, but space is limited in most of the views. A max volume setting may be a good idea, I`ll add it to my todo list.

* F02: It is good to have volume and seek bar on the main screen now. However, I do not understand, why the layout on the Playing Now screen is different. Why not using the exact same layout for these two sliders and place both of them at the bottom. I think this would be more convenient.

You may be right. Although in portrait mode, it would not fit together with the play controls. I think I`ll leave this configuration as it is for the time being. I have already shuffled them around too much:)

* F03: Gestures: There were suggestions (and some discussions  ) regarding gestures with one and up to three fingers. I just put this here so that you don't forget to implement the gestures in a way you see fit.

Yes, Its on my list.

* F04: Tag editing for one album only (also from Cassangelo, 19.04.2013)

You can do this now by eding one track in an album and select "Update all tracks in current view". The SDK does not currently have a possibility to update all tracks based on a parent id.

* F05: For albums with multiple discs only the track numbers are shown, therefore there are multiple tracks with 1, 2, etc. Maybe you could add the disc number (but only for albums with multiple discs), either as 1.1, A1, etc.

Good idea, but it does require a bit of processing that may affect performance. I`ll have a look at this later.

* F06: On the main screen there is no Stop button, only Pause. It is not very important but I think it would be better to have a Stop here too.

It was removed to fit both the volume and progress bar. I could probably squeeze it in, but it would look cluttered.

* F07: iPhone only: Change the playback zone on the main screen, not on Playing Now. I know that you plan to solve this with a slide-in menu, so I put this here as a reminder. By the way, I think the Xing app features a very nice slide-in menu. Maybe you want to check this for reference...

I am working on the new iPhone layout now. The Xing app looks similar to the feedly app, sliding the menu in instead of sliding the main view out. A small problem with that solution is that you don`t have a logical way of swiping the view out to reveal the menu. You can do it, but it would not be logical.

* F08: List/add/remove playlists of/to/from a track. I think that quite some people here would like to have that feature. I have started a thread to ask the JRiver developers to provide the necessary SDK/API features: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80032.0

I`ll add it as soon as its availbale in the SDK.

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2013, 08:13:10 am »

Thanks for the fast reply :)

B05 (Various, multiple albums): Yes. I've attached a screenshot (viewing the album "Achtung Baby" from U2. As you can see the top most title bar shows the right namen, but the main heading shows "Various, Multiple albums"). I do not use the standard categories "Audio", etc., but have created my own (so the icons are the general "folder" icons). Maybe this is the cause. Do you regard everything that you do not recognize as Audio, Video, etc. (I think you do this by string comparison) as "playlist" and therefore this behavior?

B06 (Shuffling): I found another workaround: When you do not open the album, but you click and hold on the album list, then you also get a menu with some actions. When you select to play that album then it is not shuffled.

B07a (Playback on zone switch): As far as I can remember this only happens for "This device", but not for other zones. So at least it is not consistent.
It is not that important, but if I am to decide, then I would not automatically start playback. Because sometimes I will change from my living-room equipment to another room where I do play locally on the iPad, but as everything is shared between our family I mostly will have to select the music I want to hear first, before I will start playback. That's why I am glad to have save/load playlists for all devices soon, because then I can switch output device very easily and can take (save/laod) the current playlist to another zone. Of course, the cream on top would be to have an option to copy the current playlist to another zone when changing... ;)

B07b (wrong cover on zone switch): No, it is not and I only had it once, with the new version. So I mentioned it, as I thought it may be a new issue not present before.

B08 (edit read-only tags): Funny thing is, that the value actually did change, I also see the changed value in JRiver. But I cannot change it in JRiver. However not so important as the changed value doesn't seem to have an effect.

F01 (volume): The max volume would already help a lot. What do you think of that: when you short click to the left or right of the volume handle then the volume is de-/increased in small steps. The current behavior with sliding the handle stays unchanged of course.
By the way: the speaker icon is often used for muting. What do you think of that?

F04 (tag edit for one album only): Ah! Of course!

F07 (change zone in iPhone in main view or with slide-in menu): Well, I think you have proved quite impressively that you will find the best solution. :)
I think it doesn't matter if the menu slides in or the main view slides out, this is only a graphical design question. In the Xing app you can still swipe to the right to bring up the menu. I assume this is what you regard as not logical. Well, then let the main view slide out. What I think is good, is to have a button (top left corner) to get the menu in addition to the sliding (and I like the shadow effect as if the menu were hovering over the main view in the Xing app, but that's just me).

shAf

« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2013, 09:12:36 am »

I don't know if this is associated with my particular problem or not, but I typically choose the 1st track intending to play the entire album ... so now tracks skip while play order is shuffled amongst all.  However, in past JR versions, the tracks would skip, while being played in the proper order.  Let me know if I can somehow make a available an album's worth of M4A files.

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2013, 12:52:08 pm »

If you select the first track on an iPhone, the tracks are shuffled.

A temporary workaround would be to select the second track when adding to the playlist.
I will release a fix very soon.

That's great. Thanks, Lespaul. I know you have many other issues to address as well. I appreciate your attention to this.  At least there is a workaround, hopefully temporary!!

themesa

• Recent member
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2013, 01:15:51 pm »

No matter what I do, my iPad and iPhone tell me "Error: Access key was verified, but computer connection failed." I have made sure my Mac's firewall is turned off.

cutting42

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2013, 06:41:59 pm »

Hi Lespaul or anyone else for that matter.

I have not used my system for 6 months or so due to a failed DAC but tried using it today. JRiver v16 on Win7 and latest version of JRemote.

Whenever JRemote is connected to JRiver it will not play correctly, stuttering and looping the first couple of seconds of audio. If I disconnect JRemote and restart play it works fine.

Other than the newer version of JRemote nothing on the system has changed.

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Gareth

vagskal

« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2013, 01:50:59 am »

B05 (Various, multiple albums): Yes. I've attached a screenshot (viewing the album "Achtung Baby" from U2. As you can see the top most title bar shows the right namen, but the main heading shows "Various, Multiple albums"). I do not use the standard categories "Audio", etc., but have created my own (so the icons are the general "folder" icons). Maybe this is the cause. Do you regard everything that you do not recognize as Audio, Video, etc. (I think you do this by string comparison) as "playlist" and therefore this behavior?

I also see the opposite: VA albums showing the artist on the first track as album artist.

Crom

• Recent member
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2013, 07:43:17 am »

I'm loving the new saving playlists feature - Thank you and fantastic job!!

I've discovered a bug that I have seen before but can't work out how to repeat. It seems to happen when I hit a lot of the buttons on the ipad interface and the track goes into a loop of about 0.5-1 second. From that point any track that is played just loops the first half second. I've hit stop and then can play directly from JRiver interface on PC - this plays perfectly but if I then go back to the app and try to play another track the loop occurs again. I have restarted JRiver service etc on the PC and the only thing that I've found to cure it is to restart the ipad.  It's not massively annoying because I've only managed to get it to do it about three times in 6 months but thought you might like to know.

I've got a couple of feature requests...as if rubberduck wasn't keeping you busy enough ;-)

1) If volume is disabled within JRiver then the volume should not be displayed in the app - it confuses the rest of my family ;-)
2) A tab that displays song lyrics would be awesome
3) When you edit a tag in a playlist there is a checkbox that allows you to effectively update all but I think it needs to be more intelligent than this as I stupidly managed to rename a playlist with lots of different artists in it, to one artist...filter by album?

Cheers for now,
Crom

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2013, 12:16:51 pm »

JRemote is wonderful, so firstly thanks.

Can you help me understand how the top level search works? I am often puzzled by the results, though usually get what I want.

If I search for "sunrise"

I get two albums:

Sunrise, Sunset
Beauty of Sunrise

I only get one Album Artist (and Artist)

Bob Thiele  (the Album Artist for Sunrise, Sunset)

Why don't I get the Album Artist/Artist for "Beauty of Sunrise" (Bheki Mseleku) - the tags are definitely set.

I've noticed this behaviour on all sorts of searches - for some albums I get the artist, for others not.

Also the approximate nature of the search can sometimes be confusing.

"Mozart Symphony 5"

gets me

Mozart Symphonies 38-41 (and a whole load of other Mozart Symphony/ies )
Mahler Symphony 5
Schubert Symphony 5
Beethoven Symphony 5
Mozart Requiem KV 626

and so on and sofifth, as Victor Borge once said.

But "Mozart Symphony" will only get me stuff with "Mozart" and "Symphony" in the title. Adding the "5" broadens the search, rather than narrowing it down as I would expect.

Any comments, clues, suggestions, proposals?

csimon

« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2013, 11:50:15 am »

When browsing Audio and the browsing mode is set to Thumbnails, the view correctly reverts to ImageList when you get down to the last level, i.e. the list of tracks, otherwise you would get a grid a large cover art for each track.

However, this behaviour also exists for Videos too (and presumably Images too, although I haven't got any images set up in J River).  This means that you actually lose the benefit of the large cover art after you've drilled down into, say, the Genres folder.  JRemote is treating a list of individual video files in a folder as though they were tracks on an album.

For Videos (and Images) can you make the view mode stick regardless of what level you've drilled down into?

csimon

« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2013, 12:03:30 pm »

I've reported this myself before: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68491.msg513413#msg513413

I half-think it's something to do with JRiver itself rather than JRemote, I think people have reported it sometimes detects "complete albums" incorrectly and things like that.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2013, 01:57:38 pm »

Weird issue when i try to edit using JRemote on iPhone 5. There are a few titles I would like to edit the genre. But when i enter the edit screen & make the change there's no way to close the keyboard to access the save or whatever tab must be selected to save the change. Can't move the screen up underneath the keyboard either. Am I missing something really simple here?!

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2013, 02:47:20 pm »

Hello Lespaul,

I miss the Stop Button in Main View! ? How can i stop playback now? without this important Button my audio PC cant shut down to hibernate after a defined Time. There is a Tool which monitors jRivers IO Data Operations/sec and if there is no Traffic for a definte time (15 min), the PC goes in hibernatemode. With the current JRemote Version there is only the pause Button left. With this Button pressed, IO Data Operationsin JRiver is not reduced and the PC will never shut down.

this is an absolutely Major Problem for me with JRemote. Please bring this essential Button back to JRemote!

regards Erwin

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2013, 04:40:15 pm »

+1 to jrdiandrea's difficulty. It is a strange glitch.
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2013, 04:43:27 pm »

Erwin,  I have a stop play button & I have the updated version.

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2013, 05:22:12 pm »

Where. On my ipad on only see pause when playing audio?

themesa

• Recent member
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2013, 06:44:07 pm »

All I ever get when trying to connect to JRemote is "cannot connect"  Can anyone help me?

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2013, 12:10:58 am »

Where. On my ipad on only see pause when playing audio?
That is the problem. The versions before the current version ever had a Stop Button too.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2013, 02:27:49 am »

Guys,

the stop button is removed from the main view, but is still available from the "now playing" screen.
The reason I removed it was to make room for both progress and volume sliders.

You usually don`t need to use the stop button often, so I figured that it would be OK to remove it from the main view.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2013, 02:32:55 am »

From your reports there seem to be a problem with correctly identifying complete albums vs multiple albums.
I`ll have a look at this and try to reproduce it.

The problem with hiding the keyboard in metadata editing view is also noted. I only tested this with the larger screen of the iPhone 5, which is kinda stupid.

A new version that fixes the shuffle bug was submitted last week, but I may release another one soon after.

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2013, 03:24:55 am »

The reason I removed it was to make room for both progress and volume sliders.

You usually don`t need to use the stop button often, so I figured that it would be OK to remove it from the main view.
Hi Lespaul,

Most of the time i am using the main  view. With this change it is going more and more inconsistent. Volume at the bottom and no Stop Button in main view, Volume on top and a Stop Button in playing now view. There is a lot space on iPad to make a consistent Look&Feel screen in Both views. It would also be possible to make the endless track area one line shorter.
Think about it and give it a chance.
Sorry for my bad german english.

Regards  Erwin

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2013, 03:28:25 am »

Also the playing now area/slider on bottom of the main view could be optimized, to get more space.

Rubberduck0

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2013, 07:35:01 pm »

I've got a couple of feature requests...as if rubberduck wasn't keeping you busy enough ;-)
2) A tab that displays song lyrics would be awesome
3) When you edit a tag in a playlist there is a checkbox that allows you to effectively update all but I think it needs to be more intelligent than this as I stupidly managed to rename a playlist with lots of different artists in it, to one artist...filter by album.

So I'll give a few answers to take some load off Lespaul... ;)

2) Maybe you missed that there is already a tab for lyrics. If you open the tag viewer, then there is a tab for metadata, artist bio and lyrics (if there are lyrics stored in the file, otherwise the tab is not shown). Or do you mean something different?

3) I am not sure, but is there a confirmation dialog in such cases? If not, then this might be a good idea. The filter by album is there already: Go to the album in the main view, open the tag viewer and update all.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2013, 03:31:37 am »

Regarding lyrics, they will only show lyrics embedded in the metatags. Fetching lyrics from the internet is currently impossible because of licensing issues.

I think crom is referring to editing a playlist and then having the option to only update files that match with the current tag.
This may be a good idea, and I`ll add something like this a bit later.

maxim

• Recent member
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2013, 07:06:40 am »

Lespaul, hi!

I have been using JRemote as a player recently to listen to music through iPad in various rooms in the house and ran into a problem: track skipping.   It goes like this: the first track on an album plays normally, than the second track plays for one second and skips to the 3d track, which plays normally, etc.  I end up listening to odd tracks only!

Tried several track change options on MC, including gapped 1s, but it does not seem to matter.

Any suggestions what's going on here and how to fix it?

As a remote, JRemote works perfectly fine for me and I love it.

maxim

Running JRMC18 on W7/64; iPad1; JRemote 2.30 with audio stream quality set to 'high'

MikeThin

« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2013, 08:10:56 am »

Hi Lespaul,

Firstly - Thanks so much for this great app!  A few issues below:

Critical:
Sometimes (possibly after adding keywords in the app), the app randomly sets Volume to Max :o, then to Min, then crashes/ends.  This could be very serious for some people when their speakers fuse!  This happens to me on two different iPads and two different JRiver servers.  This seems to happen once or twice a day of heavy use.

Medium:
Please can you display the tag/field 'Keywords' in the meta-data screen, even when none currently exist for the track - often I am using the app to add a keyword to a track as I listen, and if the track currently has no keywords, the tag does not appear on the list, so I can't add any!

Minor:
As previously reported by another user, selecting 'Artist', then selecting an artist (eg) 'AbbA'  then selecting a single album, (eg) ' ABBA Disk 1', the apps displays "'Various, Multiple albums", even though there is only one artist and one album.

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2013, 10:55:54 am »

A new version that fixes the shuffle bug was submitted last week, but I may release another one soon after.

Hi, is the shuffle bug fix available? I use an iPod (previous version). Have not seen any app store updates.
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

HiFiTubes

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2013, 01:05:28 pm »

REQUEST: Cover View option like MC has.

Browsing album tiles can go "full-screen".

cheers!

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2013, 07:52:34 pm »

Hoping someone here can assist me with volume control. Hopefully it's something simple as it usually is...

I am running JR on a CAPSv3 Zuma server. For primary listening I send audio to my DAC & 2 channel amp. But for other areas of my home I will send audio to my OPPO 105 then to my processor for Zone distribution. Got all of it working except I want to be able to control the volume fromt JRemote on my iPhone5. Of course, this will provide for volume adjustment when away from the components. Can't get it to work. The only thing I thought of & found were the Volume settings in the Tools > Options > Audio area.

Thx for any ideas.

csimon

« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2013, 03:13:03 am »

Hoping someone here can assist me with volume control. Hopefully it's something simple as it usually is...

Can you control the volume via JRiver?

ogs

• World Citizen
No MC crashes since JRemote 2.30 and MC .171
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2013, 05:50:43 am »

I'd like to report that since the latest JRemote and MC .171 I've not had a single MC crash. I have posted several times on the subject in various parts of Interact. I do not know what fixed it as JRemote 2.30 and MC .171 turned up about the same time, but I have a feeling credit should go to Lespaul. THANKS!  :)

In general JRemote 2.30 feels more solid, faster and smoother. Good work!

As mentioned a few posts up I have the "shuffle bug" and waiting for a release that fixes this.

I also have a problem with the volume control on Playing Now. I have volume control in MC Options >Audio >Volume >Volume mode: >Disabled Volume. If I touch the volume bar on the display (which happens quite often as it is close to the play/pause/skip controls) the volume screen pops up with 'Volume 0' and stays like this till I right-slide the volume bar. Shouldn't the volume control in JRemote be completely disabled/greyed out with Disabled Volume set in MC?
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2013, 04:42:34 pm »

Can you control the volume via JRiver?

I really hope so. From everything I've read I can only make that assumption. Regarding JRemote, I see no other reason for have a volume slide control.....really am desperate to figure this out. Cant find right combination anywhere.

csimon

« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2013, 05:11:44 pm »

I'm asking because I can control the volume when sending music to my WD TV Live via JRemote, regardless of what volume mode setting is in JRiver. I think the setting is for when you're playing audio on the JRiver server, not when sending it to a DLNA device.  Is you Oppo a DL:NA device? If so, then it might not respond to DLNA volume control.  That's why you need to see if you can control the volume from JRiver and eliminate JRemote.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2013, 05:15:42 pm »

I'm asking because I can control the volume when sending music to my WD TV Live via JRemote, regardless of what volume mode setting is in JRiver. I think the setting is for when you're playing audio on the JRiver server, not when sending it to a DLNA device.  Is you Oppo a DL:NA device? If so, then it might not respond to DLNA volume control.  That's why you need to see if you can control the volume from JRiver and eliminate JRemote.

Thanks for responding. Probably a dumb question but assuming that I can't use the volume on JRemote, how could I remotely adjust volume using JRiver? Other than the obvious via computer in my listening room!!

csimon

« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2013, 05:26:56 pm »

No, no! What I mean is are you able to control the volume with JRiver?  This is to diagnose the problem. If you can't control the volume with JRiver then it's the Oppo that is not responding to DLNA volume control commands and you've got no hope of being able to do it via JRemote.

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2013, 05:34:56 pm »

Oremote for onkyo and integra products has a oppo remote built in. This controls the volume of my 103 without issue from my ipad while I play files from jremote. Oppo will be releasing its own stand alone ios remote in a few months.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2013, 09:44:42 am »

jrdiandrea, I believe csimon has answered your question. You need to test the volume from MC itself, since some DLNA devices do not support having its volume controlled remotely.

A new version with a couple of bugfixes should be available on monday. I needed to submit a new version after I found out about the bug where you can`t edit metadata on the iphone because the keyboard blocks the save button.

HiFiTubes:

What kind of options would you like to see included with cover view?
Actually, a full screen mode would be kind of cool, I`ll think about that.

vagskal

« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2013, 10:49:03 am »

Please also consider the possibility to change thumbnail size in a full screen cover view. (iPeng can do this with pinch and the opposite and that is cool.)

And how about  a cleaner now playing view with even larger cover art in portrait mode? In (only) this regard I find MyRiver better for displaying the cover art of the now playing song when the iPad sits in portrait mode in its stand some distance away.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2013, 12:29:52 am »

HiFiTubes:

What kind of options would you like to see included with cover view?

I only noticed smaller screen real estate in Playlist mode. I like that info bar at the type, but when browsing "Tiles" I always like the option to max. out screen.

Is there a way to have slide-out menus like Spotify so we have access to options/menus?

The only other thing I have noticed is how to quickly change zones. Seems like I have to drill way up to find the Zone button and I often need to switch quickly but it takes 6 buttons at times.

vagskal

« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2013, 02:40:06 am »

1. In playing now view when metadata is selected it is not possible to edit the playlist. Perhaps the Edit button for the playlist should be removed when metadata is selected (where there is another Edit tab/button),

Select Edit for the playlist
Select metadata and do a metadata search
When going back from the search results to playing now the Edit playlist button says Done but there are no edit controls for the playlist

The same happens if you click the home button and then return to playing now view.

3. In the view showing album(s) there is on top cover art next to xx tracks etc. Would it be possible to show the cover art large when clicking on that cover art if there is only one album in the view, I.e. when the cover art is not fanned?

The Great

• Recent member
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2013, 07:41:08 am »

After starting JRiver MC on my main computer I want to start playback i shuffle mode from my JRemote on my iPad, but nothing happens. Instead a pop up box shows on my main pc screen telling my tha "ASIO playback is starting up" (or something like that). I have to click Ok in this box on my main computer which is situated in another rrom) to start playback. How can I get rid of this information pop up-box so I can start listening to music from my JRemote?

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2013, 10:52:02 am »

Please also consider the possibility to change thumbnail size in a full screen cover view. (iPeng can do this with pinch and the opposite and that is cool.)

+1

HiFiTubes

« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2013, 11:15:53 am »

+1

+1 but it has to be done right. Can't be too fluid, sizes should be incremental and repeatable.

alastr

« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2013, 05:28:14 pm »

I just wanted to confirm that on the mac version album-tracks are by default played in some reshuffled order. This is not such a huge issue when using th eplayer on the mac itself. You just select the desired ordering (say, by track numbers) and then re-order the sequence from the playback header. However, there is no such option when playing from the ios device and using jriver as a server only (my case). Very annoying. Or am I missing something?

InfernoSTi

• Recent member
  • Hawthorne Audio Reference Speakers
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2013, 07:37:50 pm »

I just downloaded the updated JRiver Remote app and it FIXES the shuffle problem!  Nice work!!!

Best,
John

wizardofoz

• Recent member
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2013, 02:07:44 am »

When playing on this device (ipad/iph) will it ever be possible to output to appletv via airplay?

I have noticed issues when there are chinese / japanese / korean artist names that the selection via the right side after about letter S results in the beginning of the listing (0-9 or a) being shown. I think this is a bug - doesnt happen all the time however.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up