INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 262275 times)

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #650 on: January 30, 2014, 05:37:22 am »

Hey guys,

sorry for not being here in a while, I will try to participate more actively from now on.
I am glad to see that you guys are helping each other though.

The new iOS 7 version is taking longer than i expected for various reasons.
I have to admit that I have been going back and forth on design changes to find something i like.
Not everyone will find the new design an improvement I guess.
Personally I don`t feel that every change in iOS7 is an improvement, but it`s important to adapt to the new look.

Since this has taken longer than expected, I may release one more bug-fix for the current version.
Most importantly, the 24/96 output is not working, as it`s down sampled to 44.1. This is fixed in the new version but I feel bad for not
releasing the fix earlier.

I still cant give a release estimate for the iOS7 version, but things are moving faster now.
There won`t be many new features in this release, but there are improvements to iPad portrait view on both the main view and "Now playing" view. Additionally, I may change the theater remote to use buttons as  well as adding keyboard functionality.

Once this version is out I can finally concentrate more on adding new features and improvements.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #651 on: January 30, 2014, 05:43:41 am »

You can't as yet use JRemote to create and save playlists in MC, even though MC-created playlists will appear in JRemote, however you can certainly add individual tracks to its own queue - press and hold the track and you will get an add-to-queue menu. There is a default action for when you tap on a track and this is configurable in the settings.

Actually you can add and save playlists if you use MC18 or later.
From the now playing view, if you press the "Action" button you will get an option to save the playlist.
This will save the current "now playing" playlist as either a new playlist or you may choose to overwrite an exiting list.

Btw, both from email support and the posts in this forum I see the need for something like a wiki.
This wiki could also be linked from the app itself.

Would that be a good idea? Would anyone be interested in contributing?

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #652 on: January 30, 2014, 06:20:21 am »

Nice to hear that you're still around and still developing!  But please, please fix the bugs and issues in the current version before abandoning it for iOS7.

1. Browsing view automatically comes out of thumbnail mode for video and images when at individual file level - it should only do this for music (reported first on Nov 17th 2012, post #669 in the original JRemote thread, but also here on April 21 2013, post #113, also mentioned by other people recently).

2. The playlist is not accessible from the portrait Playing Now screen (reported first on Nov 17th 2012, post #669 in the original JRemote thread).

3. Option to "switch zone on device when server zone changes".  Otherwise JRemote does not keep up with automated zone changes done by Zone Switch in MC (reported on Jun 15th 2013, post #221).

4. Stop button, to release the renderer and the file (I think it's already been put in on the browse screen? Not at an iPad at the moment).

5. Playlist not refreshing properly when items added (reported on Sept 26th 2013, post #436 - attached photo shows Playing Now saying Track 1 of 4 but only 3 tracks listed).

6. Images cannot be sent to DLNA device e.g. TV, they always appear on the device (reported on Nov 123th 2013, post #552).

7. Browsing an album sometimes results in "Various, Multiple Albums" as a title instead of "[Album Artist], [Album]". (Reported by myself on Nov 17th 2012, post #665 in the first JRremote thread, but mentioned by other people several times here and in the original thread). It may be a metadata problem or a problem in the way MC itself is recognising various artist albums and compilations, but no-one has been able to work out why it happens, so if you could eliminate this as a problem in JRemote then that would be helpful.

8. A FAQ screen for common questions/problems, e.g.

Q. How do I change the views/sorting order?  A. Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo
Q. Why is [MyDevice] not appearing as a Zone? A. Check if the device is listed on the MC server as a Zone. If so, reload JRemote. If not, check your MC and device and network settings, ask questions in Media Network forum, etc.
Q. Why does a track not start playing? A. The device you are trying to play it on does not understand the format, or MC has a problem communicating with that device.

I suppose I'll have to give up on any eye candy such as album covers flipping round to show a list of tracks, instead of a new screen of tracks, or cover flow etc?!

I still feel a bit aggrieved that to take advantage of any new remote control features that will be put into JRemote or that will be implemented as new web-control commands are made available in MC, I will have to buy new iPads all round. I doubt that JRiver will implement MCWS commands that can only be used by iOS7. There are many apps on my iPad that are still available for iOS 5 but have been "updated for iOS7", there must be a way of compiling them so it will work in both. I'm putting more effort into encouraging the JRiver team to get Gizmo up to scratch as I feel I will be moving over pretty soon.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #653 on: January 30, 2014, 06:40:58 am »

JRemote can connect to a remote MC library, e.g. one that's on your home PC while you've got JRemote in work, provided you've got port-forwarding set up correctly on your router. It will use the Access Key method to connect, just as if you were using a copy of MC itself remotely.
I can confirm that this works really well. Port forwarding is straightforward for most routers for the jriver port.  But for me it is dependent on having the PC turned on.
What I haven't figured out is how to port forward the wake-on-LAN call from jremote. WOL works perfectly when I'm connected to my LAN, but not from WAN.

My router is an AirPort Extreme and these reputedly do not forward ports to the LAN broadcast address. Tried port forwarding 7 and 9 to the IP address of the MediaPC, but just does not work.

Any tips?

csimon

« Reply #654 on: January 30, 2014, 06:57:05 am »

I don't really know what I'm talking about so you may already know all this, but I just Googled for WOL (and indeed Wake on WAN, as that is what you're trying to do really!) and found that you must forward the application's UDP WOL port to the broadcast address of your LAN. It also says what you have mentioned, that some routers don't allow the broadcast address as a target of a forward, but you get round this by forwarding to the PC's static IP address.  You've done all that! I can only think that it's the port numbers that are wrong, perhaps JRemote isn't using the port number that you think it is for WOL.

Do I remember in JRemote there is a setting for an alternative server address for when you're not on the same network, and you then toggle in and out of that mode, or was I dreaming it?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #655 on: January 30, 2014, 07:51:31 am »

Thank you for the list of issues. I believe a couple of these have been corrected though.

4. Stop button, to release the renderer and the file (I think it's already been put in on the browse screen? Not at an iPad at the moment).

The stop button has been in both the iPad and iPhone version for a while now.

7. Browsing an album sometimes results in "Various, Multiple Albums" as a title instead of "[Album Artist], [Album]".

This should have been fixed in the last version, are you still seeing this?

I still feel a bit aggrieved that to take advantage of any new remote control features that will be put into JRemote or that will be implemented as new web-control commands are made available in MC, I will have to buy new iPads all round. I doubt that JRiver will implement MCWS commands that can only be used by iOS7. There are many apps on my iPad that are still available for iOS 5 but have been "updated for iOS7", there must be a way of compiling them so it will work in both. I'm putting more effort into encouraging the JRiver team to get Gizmo up to scratch as I feel I will be moving over pretty soon.

There is, but as a one man team I really don`t have time to test and maintain compatibility all the way back to version 5.
It`s been ok up til now, but iOS7 have some major changes that would make this process much more time consuming for every new feature that needs to be added.

Another issue is not being able to use any SDK features of new versions.

At one point you have to draw the line for backwards compatibility. I feel that iOS7 is the right version to to that.

csimon

« Reply #656 on: January 30, 2014, 08:16:18 am »

The stop button has been in both the iPad and iPhone version for a while now.

[Just checked back via a screenshot of Playing Now I posted recently...], yes you're right, apologies, I had the feeling that it was in the browse screen but not yet in Playing Now.

7. Browsing an album sometimes results in "Various, Multiple Albums" as a title instead of "[Album Artist], [Album]".

This should have been fixed in the last version, are you still seeing this?

I'll go back later to an album that was causing this problem before and see if it works - I don't recall it being announced as fixed so I thought it was still a problem.

Just one more thing!

9. I know you've reorganised and revamped the transport controls etc several times already but really the seek slider is not practical for movies and it's only just usable for 3-minute songs, due to its size. There is no way you can seek to any point in a movie to any precision, usually you get to where you want it but the act of raising your finger from the screen causes it to move sometimes up to 5 or 10 minutes away from where you want to be, you can forget trying to go back 2 minutes from where you currently are.  Is there a possibility of having it fill the whole width of the screen, at the very bottom. Gizmo's controls have recently been revisited and the general feeling is that the seek bar is better being as wide as possible - indeed I've also expressed a wish that, for Playing Now at least, it would be nice to have a standard layout and design between the various remote control apps, with input as to attractiveness, layout and usability. Gizmo is getting there and now probably surpasses JRemote in landscape (showing large cover art on left which is interchangeable with the playlist on tapping), and large transport controls on right, but I think JRemote still has the edge in portrait due to the nice way the cover art is shown - apart from the seek slider and of course no access to the playlist!

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #657 on: January 30, 2014, 09:32:41 am »

LesPaul
Still only really one lagging problem for me.  This is a  fantastic product - keep up the good work.
The problem is "landscape mode" for movies.  I cannot get the movie to rotate on ipad or iphone.
It would be nice to have a really good starter set of canned views (good examples of views most requested)
example
[name]::[date] "what does this do"  where do I find info on the views
Views formatting opens up the power of JRemote.
Again, wonderful product.

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #658 on: January 30, 2014, 09:41:15 am »

Very impressed with this app, which I recently loaded onto my iphone 5s and ipad 4. Especially happy to be able to stream uncompressed hi-res flacs to the ipad. Streaming outside the LAN seems to work very well, too (listening in the car).

Here's my question. I'd love to be able to listen at work, but I'm blocked by a corporate firewall. I know that I can connect to my PC via https, since I stream using subsonic that way. I'd prefer to stream from MC via JRemote. Is there a way to configure a server in JRemote using https?

Thanks, and great work!

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #659 on: January 30, 2014, 10:28:31 am »

LesPaul
I mis-spoke earlier.
The video was working earlier, now I cannot get video to play my mp4 movies on iphone and ipad. Neither works for me.

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #660 on: January 30, 2014, 12:58:21 pm »

How do I add files as one the types of audio to see in audio; not just ablums , composers, etc?

Thanks

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #661 on: January 30, 2014, 01:54:29 pm »

Hi Lespaul,

Can't wait to see the new version! Thank you for the hard work on a such a great product.

One issue that I hope is looked at eventually is how views are updated in JRemote. Right now, the only way to make this happen is to restart MC and then reload JRemote. I have many custom views that update automatically everytime you open them in MC such as music that was just played, just imported, random smartlists, etc... JRemote never updates these until MC is restarted.

Can these be updated automatically or provide a button or some sort of 'rubber-band' effect to swipe down on a list and it updates?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #662 on: January 30, 2014, 04:27:41 pm »

Here's my question. I'd love to be able to listen at work, but I'm blocked by a corporate firewall. I know that I can connect to my PC via https, since I stream using subsonic that way. I'd prefer to stream from MC via JRemote. Is there a way to configure a server in JRemote using https?

I have personally never been able to get any remote working behind a firewall. I am in no way a network expert, so many someone else can assist with this.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #663 on: January 30, 2014, 04:34:16 pm »

One issue that I hope is looked at eventually is how views are updated in JRemote. Right now, the only way to make this happen is to restart MC and then reload JRemote. I have many custom views that update automatically everytime you open them in MC such as music that was just played, just imported, random smartlists, etc... JRemote never updates these until MC is restarted.

You should be able to just reconnect to your current server in JRemote to refresh all views. If your views are not refreshed by that, then I suspect that this is an issue with MC. Also, only album views/lists are cached in JRemote, not track lists.

I will add some more options to release the cached views, but that won`t help in this case if you need to restart MC anyway.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #664 on: January 31, 2014, 10:18:51 am »

You should be able to just reconnect to your current server in JRemote to refresh all views. If your views are not refreshed by that, then I suspect that this is an issue with MC. Also, only album views/lists are cached in JRemote, not track lists.

I will add some more options to release the cached views, but that won`t help in this case if you need to restart MC anyway.

Hmm, its never worked that way since I've used JRemote across all versions of MC. When I try to 'reconnect', I'm selecting the name of the server in the Settings and JRemote reloads. Is that what you mean? I've got the MC Access Key enabled if that makes a difference.

Are there any other settings in JRemote or MC that might affect this? Are there any services or settings in windows that might cause this to stop working? I can't imagine its a bug in MC or JRemote if no one else is having this problem.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #665 on: January 31, 2014, 12:20:08 pm »

Just to second the bugs Csimon has mentioned. Also, please rework the progress bar to be useful...it is very difficult to use with movies. 

And, at some point on the playing now screen, the time left to play calculation breaks. This is most notable with movies (it does seem okay for music so maybe the problem starts when the elapsed time remaining exceeds an hour).

FastKayak / Larry

csimon

« Reply #666 on: January 31, 2014, 12:44:01 pm »

7. Browsing an album sometimes results in "Various, Multiple Albums" as a title instead of "[Album Artist], [Album]". (Reported by myself on Nov 17th 2012, post #665 in the first JRremote thread, but mentioned by other people several times here and in the original thread). It may be a metadata problem or a problem in the way MC itself is recognising various artist albums and compilations, but no-one has been able to work out why it happens, so if you could eliminate this as a problem in JRemote then that would be helpful.

I confirm that this one appears to have been fixed, thank you.

sunfire7

« Reply #667 on: January 31, 2014, 02:54:25 pm »

LesPaul, good to know you are back and good.

I can confirm that this works really well. Port forwarding is straightforward for most routers for the jriver port.  But for me it is dependent on having the PC turned on.
What I haven't figured out is how to port forward the wake-on-LAN call from jremote. WOL works perfectly when I'm connected to my LAN, but not from WAN.

My router is an AirPort Extreme and these reputedly do not forward ports to the LAN broadcast address. Tried port forwarding 7 and 9 to the IP address of the MediaPC, but just does not work.

Any tips?
I'm with you, wol works fine on LAN but not over wan.  The thing is with other wol tools I can wol over wan (had to make the mac of my server a static arp entry) but not working with JRemote

perhaps JRemote isn't using the port number that you think it is for WOL.
That could be the problem!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

csimon

« Reply #668 on: February 01, 2014, 08:24:30 am »

You should be able to just reconnect to your current server in JRemote to refresh all views.

Yes, this seems towork for me. I've just imported some new files into MC.  JRemote didn't see them. But I then went into Settings and tapped on my server's entry and JRemote reconnected. Whereupon the new files were then shown in JRemote.

csimon

« Reply #669 on: February 01, 2014, 04:32:57 pm »

I take it back!  Just imported another file and JRemote wouldn't show it, no matter how many times I reconnected. A restart of MC (including killing off the server process) fixed it. I guess that means there's a problem with MC itself.

The files that worked initially were audio, the one that didn't was video, I don't know if that makes a difference.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #670 on: February 01, 2014, 04:58:27 pm »

Are the files on a local drive of the server?

csimon

« Reply #671 on: February 01, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »

No, they're on a NAS. The last file imported OK into MC and I could see it in Theater View it's just that it didn't appear in JRemote's views.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #672 on: February 01, 2014, 08:23:29 pm »

Can you test a local directory?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #673 on: February 03, 2014, 03:49:32 am »

9. I know you've reorganised and revamped the transport controls etc several times already but really the seek slider is not practical for movies and it's only just usable for 3-minute songs, due to its size.

Yes, these controls have been moved around quite a bit.
After reading yours and other complaints about the seek bar I decided to experiment some more.
I have now moved the seekbar to the bottom of the screen, streching the full length. I also added a couple of buttons on each side for quick +10s, +30s etc jumps. These numbers would need to change depending on wether you are playing a song or a movie.

This turned out quite nice. Not sure yet if this should also be the layout for the main screen.

I will take a look at the latest Gizmo version tonight.

csimon

« Reply #674 on: February 03, 2014, 04:49:02 am »

:-)

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #675 on: February 03, 2014, 04:27:30 pm »

Yes, these controls have been moved around quite a bit.
After reading yours and other complaints about the seek bar I decided to experiment some more.
I have now moved the seekbar to the bottom of the screen, streching the full length. I also added a couple of buttons on each side for quick +10s, +30s etc jumps. These numbers would need to change depending on wether you are playing a song or a movie.

This turned out quite nice. Not sure yet if this should also be the layout for the main screen.

I will take a look at the latest Gizmo version tonight.

Terrific!   

Please take a look at the time calculation too. Let's say I'm playing a movie that is 3 hours and 0 minutes and so far I've watched zero minutes of the movie. The time remaining will display 3 hours.  A minute later 00.01.00 watched 03.01.00 remaining.  An hour later 01.01.00 watched 02.01.00 remaining. The hour counter seems to properly count down while the minute and second counter count up in unison with watched counter. 

FastKayak / Larry

fmd

• Recent member
« Reply #676 on: February 04, 2014, 02:43:36 pm »

Can't find anything on this topic but I am having trouble viewing Tag info on my iPad when playing music. When I select the Tag in the upper right hand corner it will usually show Tag info for the first song in any Playlist I am in - but not the song playing

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thank you

csimon

« Reply #677 on: February 04, 2014, 02:59:26 pm »

Can't find anything on this topic but I am having trouble viewing Tag info on my iPad when playing music. When I select the Tag in the upper right hand corner it will usually show Tag info for the first song in any Playlist I am in - but not the song playing

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thank you

In landscape after pressing hte tag button, there is a View button corresponding to each line of the playlist. In portrait, this facility doesn't appear to be there.

locust

« Reply #678 on: February 04, 2014, 05:01:35 pm »

Hey Lespaul glad you are back :)

Hoping video support for other formats will be coming soon.

One avenue of possibility to get support might be (I hope), the new VLC for iOS was released & I can set it to pick up MC via DLNA, the views are slow & clunky but it has played every video format I have tried (Although admittedly I have not extensively tested it), without transcoding. If J Remote could do this it would be icing on the cake.

You can get the complete source code here, & it's licensed under the GNU General Public License Version 2, so you can use any of the source in J Remote from what I gather reading the licence terms.

Can't wait to see what you've cooked up in future releases of the new version.

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #679 on: February 05, 2014, 05:12:14 pm »

When I first installed the remote it saw all my zones. Now my Oppo 105 is not in the zone list. The Oppo is still connected to the network as I can use it's network  feature and stream from the JRiver Player. How do I get the remote to list it again? I have hit the refresh on the remote and tried rebooting my phone.

csimon

« Reply #680 on: February 05, 2014, 05:39:46 pm »

When I first installed the remote it saw all my zones. Now my Oppo 105 is not in the zone list. The Oppo is still connected to the network as I can use it's network  feature and stream from the JRiver Player. How do I get the remote to list it again? I have hit the refresh on the remote and tried rebooting my phone.

Please have a look in the MC front-end to see if the Oppo is in the Playing Now list, as JRemote should reflect exactly what MC sees. DLNA devices can sometimes drop out of the list, usually if MC receives an error from it. If it has dropped off the main MC list then you might need to go into MC's DLNA server settings and make changes. There is one setting that usually does this but I can't remember what it is off-hand!

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #681 on: February 05, 2014, 05:46:20 pm »

It is in the list and I can play to the Oppo from within MC, but it's not in the JRemote list anymore.

csimon

« Reply #682 on: February 05, 2014, 05:52:04 pm »

That is odd, I don't know what could be going wrong there, especially if you've restarted the phone.  Try restarting the server PC as well just to make sure.

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #683 on: February 05, 2014, 06:41:40 pm »

That is odd, I don't know what could be going wrong there, especially if you've restarted the phone.  Try restarting the server PC as well just to make sure.

Restart of PC and then phone worked. The problem happened right after trying to connect to my Denon which is on the list but won't connect at all. It caused MC to give me connection errors then next thing I know I lost Oppo in the remote list.

Loyalcanadian

« Reply #684 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:24 pm »

Hi. I just purchased this app for my ipad and I must say it works like a charm. One thing I've noticed though is the location of the now playing button is in a super awkward location. I tend to make a playlist most of the time and while holding the ipad it would be a whole lot easier if that button was on the lower half of the GUI. Perhaps next to the cd art/title. I don't know if anyone else feels this way or if its a non issue on the mini. At any rate, keep up the good work, fantastic product.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #685 on: February 09, 2014, 03:10:25 pm »

Is there any way to get JRemote to play other video formats other than mp4?  Will this be fixed in upcoming revisions? My Samsung, for example, plays any format using gizmo.
dave

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #686 on: February 10, 2014, 11:03:32 am »

I have the JRemote on my wife's iPad and my iPhone. I was wondering if there is any way to make a play list from the devices. Also I would like to pick a genre and play all the files in that genre shuffled. Can these things be done from the apps?

csimon

« Reply #687 on: February 10, 2014, 12:13:49 pm »

I was wondering if there is any way to make a play list from the devices.

On the playlist screen, press the Action button and select Save Playlist. I'm not sure if this results in a local playlist on the device (I would assume this is the case becuase there is also a Load Playlist action) or whether it creates one in MC, but have a go and see what happens!

Also I would like to pick a genre and play all the files in that genre shuffled.

Tap and hold on the Genre then select Shuffle and Play.

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #688 on: February 10, 2014, 01:22:33 pm »

On the playlist screen, press the Action button and select Save Playlist. I'm not sure if this results in a local playlist on the device (I would assume this is the case becuase there is also a Load Playlist action) or whether it creates one in MC, but have a go and see what happens!

But how do you select all the files you want on the playlist before you save it?

csimon

« Reply #689 on: February 10, 2014, 01:32:56 pm »

Build up the Playing Now queue as you would normally. There is a default action when you tap on an item, which you can change, and I think by default it adds all items in the same view as the item you have tapped, i.e. the whole album generally. But you can add individual items by pressing and holding and selecting the action that you want, and then on the playing now screen you can move items and delete them.

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #690 on: February 11, 2014, 02:11:45 pm »

Hi,

Build up the Playing Now queue as you would normally. There is a default action when you tap on an item, which you can change, and I think by default it adds all items in the same view as the item you have tapped, i.e. the whole album generally. But you can add individual items by pressing and holding and selecting the action that you want, and then on the playing now screen you can move items and delete them.

but this is a very complicated method and not state of the art.
State of the art is, to add a file, wich i am hearing now an would like to add to a selectable Playlistlist stored in JRiver Mediacenter on the fly, or adding it to a new Playlist. Also edit an delete exsiting playlist would be state of the art.
Adding to a playlist is most of the time an action after or while hearing a great file witch i would add to one or more specific playlists. And yes, I would pay for a state of the art playlist integration :) Mediacenter Webservice is able to handle this, but integration in JRemote is waiting since a long time ago.

Thanks Erwin

csimon

« Reply #691 on: February 11, 2014, 02:46:36 pm »

I don't think even Gizmo is able to do this as yet. Remember that JRemote is not a JRiver product, it's a thrird-party remote app. But having just played with JRemote now (after remembering a similar question recently) I can confirm that it does actually load and save playlists in MC itself. What it doesn't do I think is allow you to add a track to an existing playlist on-the-fly, you have to load the playlist first then add it, but you can certainly load and edit existing MC playlists.

Try it!

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #692 on: February 11, 2014, 03:06:28 pm »

I kwow the current workaround to do this, but i am missing the on the fly editing of playlist: "hearing a track and saving it to every playlist i think in this moment"

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #693 on: February 11, 2014, 03:15:27 pm »

have a look at this: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79104.msg569026;topicseen#msg569026 no feedback

Mediacenter Webservice is supporting this since 5 Month ago

gtener

• Recent member
« Reply #694 on: February 11, 2014, 04:24:43 pm »

Does anyone have the problem that touching 'L' in the alphabetized column on right hand side of thumbnail view takes you to 'B'? I am! All other letters work fine.
It's music to my ears.

csimon

« Reply #695 on: February 11, 2014, 04:40:48 pm »

Does anyone have the problem that touching 'L' in the alphabetized column on right hand side of thumbnail view takes you to 'B'? I am! All other letters work fine.

How is your view sorted? Is there anything unusual about the first item that appears under B?

I remember that this has been raised before. I can't remember the answer/solution but I think it's something to do with the fact that JRemote doesn't know how you have sorted your view - MC allows you to sort items however you want and it's not necessarily the same as the displayed text.

gtener

• Recent member
« Reply #696 on: February 11, 2014, 05:20:31 pm »

Thanks csimon. I'm going to check it out.
It's music to my ears.

gtener

• Recent member
« Reply #697 on: February 11, 2014, 05:25:54 pm »

How is your view sorted? Is there anything unusual about the first item that appears under B?

I remember that this has been raised before. I can't remember the answer/solution but I think it's something to do with the fact that JRemote doesn't know how you have sorted your view - MC allows you to sort items however you want and it's not necessarily the same as the displayed text.

The views in jremote and the views in MC seem correct. MC jumps to L without any problem.

I also thought I read something about this in the past, but I couldn't find it.
It's music to my ears.

csimon

« Reply #698 on: February 11, 2014, 05:37:19 pm »

I was thinking that maybe your first item under B might have an L in the phrase somewhere, like Bob Lewis. (I made the name up!).

gtener

• Recent member
« Reply #699 on: February 11, 2014, 05:38:57 pm »

The views in jremote and the views in MC seem correct. MC jumps to L without any problem.

I also thought I read something about this in the past, but I couldn't find it.

I got it. Thank you csimon. Apparently, by ignoring "The" it also ignores "Los" and "La"

La Boheme is now LaBoheme and Los Jaivas are now LosJaivas
It's music to my ears.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up