INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading to JRiver Media Center 19  (Read 85997 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrading to MC19 -- Questions or Comments? -- Post here
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2013, 09:39:35 am »

I upgraded and promptly got a error message - "Error restoring Media Center License: Unknown Error. 
I just tested your registration code (ending with "1H8") and it worked Ok here. Do you need to disable a firewall?  Media Center communicates with our server during the license install.  I've sent you an email with your registation code to make sure you're using the right one.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2013, 09:41:40 am »

While I understand people's desire for a list of features that will be in v19 I look at it from a different point of view. The fact that there is no feature list means that we, the users, have the ability to influence what will be included (even if does sometimes require transporting livestock halfway around the world!). I don't see Microsoft, Apple or anyone else for that matter giving their customers that level of interaction.

To put this in perspective, I work as a software developer on a piece of software that cost each of our customers thousands per year and I bet they wish it was as reliable, reactive and cheap as MC. In fact I am constantly amazed that MC can be released hundreds of times per year with very few serious issues ever being reported while at the same time the developers make themselves available as front-line support as well.

I don't know what your secret is Matt, Jim et al but for me a few dollars a year to be along for the ride is a very small price to pay :)
Very kind of you to say.  Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2013, 09:44:23 am »

FJV and MK2013,
Make sure you have 18.0.206 or above installed.  Older versions of MC18 won't work with an MC19 license.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2013, 09:45:57 am »

I bought my (first) licence for MC18 on July 4th and indeed the filename suggests it is an MC19 licence. I still received an email to upgrade. Will I have to pay for the upgrade if my licence is already for MC19? 
No.  You will just install MC19.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2013, 09:46:58 am »

For me, even if MC19 doesn't deliver heap loads of features that are valuable to me, I still don't grudge buying the licence because this piece of software is amazing, so much so that I never want to see it disappear or development stop, so the upgrade price is a small sacrifice on my part.. There will inevitably be new features that will suit me.. Keep up the great work dev team, if only there were more companies like this one..
Thank you.

Gsan

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2013, 10:06:16 am »

I bought MC18 a little over a month ago...do I need to pay another $18.98 for the upgrade?  What are the new features?

Thank you for your support!

High-End

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2013, 10:28:30 am »

The upgrade cost is reasonable, but I just purchased my license for v18 in January and less than a year later I need to upgrade? Doesn't seem quite right. ...
I feel the same.
bought my licence 50 day ago. and now i had to buy a new one?

wildcrafter

• Recent member
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2013, 12:25:56 pm »

Just purchased Media Center 19. I'm using 17 now and this is my first update. I'm still trying to figure out how it works. Should I leave the update setting on stable? Are there "idiot" support options? Through trial and error I believe I've optimized my audio path to get the best response when I play 96khz 24 bit downloads. I appreciate the validation of the DSP lighting up, but wish the wikis had more about how to get the best sound and response. I also wonder if I will ever be able to get DISH DVR to work with Media Center? I generally blame myself, but support seems thin for us novices and the discussions on topics I want to know basics on often veer into programming issues and formats I don't use. I really like you product and feel I could get a lot more out of it, if I could figure out how to use it.

tangoboy

• Recent member
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2013, 02:20:24 pm »

I am running MC17 I purchased license for MC19 and tried to install new key on MC17 - got a error message - "Error restoring Media Center License: Unknown Error. Do I need to install MC18 first then wait for MC19 to come out and then reinstall key on MC19 ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2013, 02:28:57 pm »

I am running MC17 I purchased license for MC19 and tried to install new key on MC17 - got a error message - "Error restoring Media Center License: Unknown Error. Do I need to install MC18 first then wait for MC19 to come out and then reinstall key on MC19 ?
Download MC18 now and install it.  Restore your license.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

When MC19 builds are available, just install one.  The license will work.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2013, 02:33:47 pm »

Just purchased Media Center 19. I'm using 17 now and this is my first update. I'm still trying to figure out how it works. Should I leave the update setting on stable? Are there "idiot" support options? Through trial and error I believe I've optimized my audio path to get the best response when I play 96khz 24 bit downloads. I appreciate the validation of the DSP lighting up, but wish the wikis had more about how to get the best sound and response. I also wonder if I will ever be able to get DISH DVR to work with Media Center? I generally blame myself, but support seems thin for us novices and the discussions on topics I want to know basics on often veer into programming issues and formats I don't use. I really like you product and feel I could get a lot more out of it, if I could figure out how to use it.
My last post applies in your case as well.

samtheman57

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2013, 02:56:04 pm »

Wow, seems like a lot of folks are jumping through hoops to pay for this update without any hints as to what new features to expect...  ?

You would think you were talking about spending a fortune, fer Crissake!  It's 18 bucks and change, or a little more than ONE Hi Res download, for a feature rich, quality application that has proven out it's value for many people for YEARS.

The improvements are constant, the updates are constant, the software is never static, the customer service and tech help are excellent.

This happens every time an upgrade is offered, so I guess I'm not surprised, but it gets tiring ?.

audio2addict

• Recent member
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2013, 03:42:20 pm »

I am a little confused as I have purchased the update but I don't see anything in the current version to process and update.  It references a month or two so are we in essence buying it now but we will be notifiy in a month or two on the actual update?

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2013, 04:17:26 pm »

If you want to improve your standing in video and TV to become a complete media center I think you should:
- Get 3D movie support

There are popping up a lot of 3rd party content providers (netflix, hbo, spotify, wimp ++)

You should make a good way to integrate with these - from what I see (from Norway) the Netflix integration does not work.

Also - better TV support, still not possible to view Canal Digital in Norway...

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2013, 04:44:32 pm »

Include support for IPTV (DVB-IP) ( http://www.skytide.com/products/iptv-providers-list ), and you'll get my money for MC19,20,21... ;)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2013, 05:07:49 pm »

I am a little confused as I have purchased the update but I don't see anything in the current version to process and update.  It references a month or two so are we in essence buying it now but we will be notifiy in a month or two on the actual update?
That's correct.  It's explained here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Upgrade_to_MC19

and in the newsletter (Pre-order...).

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2013, 06:28:39 pm »

(@Admins: this post shouldn't be moved elsewhere, it belongs to this topic and the question was not answered...):
... I would have expected some more serious development for version 18, incl. bug fixes!
For my experience, the new GUI renderer introduced in v.18 caused lots of new issues (such as windows/dialogues not receiving proper focus) that would need to be fixed, and some lost features (e.g. scrolling player bar title text) that should first be restored to make v.18 worth its price!
I think it's a little bold to make us pay again before these current version issues are resolved; remember we're NOT talking about new features, but pending fixes. Can we be sure these issues are at least being addressed in the new version?
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

Battledad

• World Citizen
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2013, 07:01:04 pm »

My 2 cents....if one is announcing that an upgrade will be rolled out in "a couple of months" but doesn't give the users ANY sense of what they plan on changing or improving then only a schmuck would roll over and say here's my $$. Honestly, users have every right to have an outline of intended features, improvements, additions, changes, etc., that they can expect. Having been in the business world for over 40 years I could never conceive of saying we'll do something and that early versions will be as good as what you have now....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2013, 08:32:46 pm »

@andreweberg, please use this thread for your MC18 problem.  We'll do our best to get it fixed:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81939.msg558502#msg558502
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2013, 08:36:28 pm »

My 2 cents....if one is announcing that an upgrade will be rolled out in "a couple of months" but doesn't give the users ANY sense of what they plan on changing or improving then only a schmuck would roll over and say here's my $$. <snip>

This forum is just chock full of schmucks.

Pre-order MC... all of these schmucks can't be wrong.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2013, 08:49:00 pm »

My name is Ken... I'm a schmuck...

Seriously... I have never seen so much negativity for a company offering a discounted OPTIONAL upgrade offer.

Nobody is twisting arms, 18 will work forever. They offer a 30 day trial to see if ya like the software.

This is how they operate.. I love it...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2013, 09:02:33 pm »

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone that has pre-ordered so far.

Friday and Saturday will go down as our best sales days ever (by a lot).

I don't want to be mushy and pathetic, but it means a lot to me personally.  

It also means a lot to JRiver, because your support and MC's growing momentum are going to allow us to do some exciting things together over the next couple years.

Thank you everyone.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2013, 09:13:26 pm »

@andreweberg, please use this thread for your MC18 problem.  We'll do our best to get it fixed:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81939.msg558502#msg558502
Thank you, I will. (Although I had considered these issues as 'reported' - see post above - and merely quoted them to support my point...)  
Anyway, do you see a chance for my main concerns (window focus, title scrolling) to be resolved still within version 18? Because if not I might just roll back to v.17 which in these respects worked better for me... (and perhaps keep watching the development then upgrade to some future version ;-)
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2013, 09:16:16 pm »

Thank you, I will. (Although I had considered these issues as 'reported' - see post above...)  So, do you see a chance for my main concerns (window focus, title scrolling) to be resolved still within version 18?
Because if not I might just roll back to v.17 instead which in these respects worked better for me... (and perhaps watching the development then upgrade to some future version ;-)

We always make every effort to fix a reproducible problem.  So please report the issue in the build threads until it's fixed.  Thanks.

shldnsmth

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2013, 10:09:14 pm »

MC is a GREAT product, I use it to setup for my radio show, and have recommended it to our station (KVMR-FM), all of our broadcasters, and show it to every new broadcaster that I help train! I upgraded to MC18 on 5/22/13 and just got the email on pre-purchase of the upgrade to MC19...Huh??? You want me to puchase ANOTHER upgrade...Alrewady?  SERIOUSLY???

Guys, I really feel you need to do some re-thinking here. I was on MC17, purchased 18, and now you want me to purchase yet another upgrade to 19 after maybe only a couple of months??? C'Mon now...I'm REALLY disappointed in you for that...(sigh).  ?

locust

« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2013, 10:48:15 pm »

MC is a GREAT product, I use it to setup for my radio show, and have recommended it to our station (KVMR-FM), all of our broadcasters, and show it to every new broadcaster that I help train! I upgraded to MC18 on 5/22/13 and just got the email on pre-purchase of the upgrade to MC19...Huh??? You want me to puchase ANOTHER upgrade...Alrewady?  SERIOUSLY???

Guys, I really feel you need to do some re-thinking here. I was on MC17, purchased 18, and now you want me to purchase yet another upgrade to 19 after maybe only a couple of months??? C'Mon now...I'm REALLY disappointed in you for that...(sigh).  ?

To get the most out the licence it's best to upgrade at the beginning of the cycle not 3 quarters of the way through the year.. You could of course skip 19 and wait for 20 or just bite the bullet and upgrade.. J River isn't similar to software like G-force, in the sense where your licence provides you will 1 years updates.. You are buying the licence for that version that will work indefinitely, even if you buy the licence 3 quarters way through the cycle, there still has been 3 quarters of a cycles worth of work put into it, so it's more like a product in the works that you buy, the updates don't revolve around the customers but around the software.. The best way is just to get into tune with the cycle, it will avoid all grievances.. Like you I have been using since MC17 luckily I got about half a year from MC17 before the new version came but since then I have always purchased at the beginning.

Oh and

Thank you Matt & of course the whole J River team, if it weren't for you all, I'd still be windows explorer folder surfing, dragging and dropping stuff into winamp (accidently moving folders into other folders and then finding them a year later).. I never liked the feel or look of the bloated itunes, thought mediamonkey might have been ok but didn't like feel of it..

It wasn't until I accidentally discovered J River that made it all change, I can't even remember where I found out about it, and I nearly passed it by without giving it a second glance, in all honesty it was the main website that nearly made me miss it, it's nice but doesn't to the program justice, I thought it was one of those scam softwares until I saw interact, I had never heard of J River, then a few months later was sitting scratching my head trying to remember the name, sometimes like when you try to remember a film or an actor's name and it bugs you for days, only this time no one was with me when I saw it.. The only thing I could do was to try & not think about it because that's the only time stuff pops back into memory

The support on here is excellent, I've had a fair few of my requests implemented from basic html styling tags to some more wacky ones that probably I am the only person using. On all of those merits alone is why I'll upgrade without question because good things do and will come..

shldnsmth

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2013, 12:05:50 am »

Angelo,

In that respect, you are correct, my MC18 will work indefinitely, besides...I can spend $20 in a lot worse ways than really good software that meets my professional needs. Still, 2 months later and I'm upgrading again so that I myself can stay on the "cutting edge", as well as making sure that my station, as well as our broadcast staff are up-to-date on new capabilities is hard. It's not as if the station was paying for it...I pay for my own tools, but that's my problem, not JRiver's. Matt and the Team do an excellent job and the product remains #1 in my opinion - no doubt about it!

Sheldon

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2013, 01:10:40 am »

My 2 cents....if one is announcing that an upgrade will be rolled out in "a couple of months" but doesn't give the users ANY sense of what they plan on changing or improving then only a schmuck would roll over and say here's my $$. Honestly, users have every right to have an outline of intended features, improvements, additions, changes, etc., that they can expect. Having been in the business world for over 40 years I could never conceive of saying we'll do something and that early versions will be as good as what you have now....

Amen brother, I could not agree with you more.
I think MC is a fantastic product and it's (obviously) loyal customers deserve more than a vapourware cash grab.
If JRiver cannot articulate a roadmap then they are in trouble. If they WON'T, then WE are in trouble.

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2013, 01:35:50 am »

You would think you were talking about spending a fortune, fer Crissake!  It's 18 bucks and change, or a little more than ONE Hi Res download, for a feature rich, quality application that has proven out it's value for many people for YEARS.

The improvements are constant, the updates are constant, the software is never static, the customer service and tech help are excellent.

This happens every time an upgrade is offered, so I guess I'm not surprised, but it gets tiring ?.

yeah only $18 - that's what's so genius about it...
I saw a movie today with my $18, how's MC19 working for you?
Did it give you all the features you wanted?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2013, 01:39:59 am »

I can't help but think these two statements are inconsistent:

"I think MC is a fantastic product"
   "If JRiver cannot articulate a roadmap then they are in trouble. If they WON'T, then WE are in trouble."

As far as i know, there's never be a roadmap for a release, and yet they've remained in business for a good time now with a growing customer base, and you the customer think they have created an excellent product.

They use a different business model, one which you may not agree with.

The movie analogy is funny.  You paid for something up front that you really knew nothing about yet, but took it on faith that you were going to like it.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2013, 08:34:43 am »

Last night in a dream I was visited by the spirit of the great jack-a-lope.

When I awoke I had a brand new MC19 license under my pillow    :D
. . . the game is rigged

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2013, 09:01:16 am »

You don't need to upgrade.  MC18 is perfectly fine.  It also will probably be several more months before MC19 is a better overall experience than MC18.
I've scanned this thread after updating and double-clicking my MJR file to install it. There is no indication that I'm now licensed for 19, which causes me to wonder if the installation I just did is valid (even though the msg reported that all is good). While we wait for a real 19, how about at least informing users in the Help > Registration Information dlg that they're licensed for 19?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2013, 09:57:05 am »

Last night in a dream I was visited by the spirit of the great jack-a-lope.

When I awoke I had a brand new MC19 license under my pillow    :D
The Rabbit works in mysterious ways.

bigmun01

• Recent member
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2013, 10:20:55 am »

I preordered MC19 and it downloaded, but my registration still shows version 18. Is this as it should be?

mohemica

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2013, 10:38:43 am »

just bought mc18 june 28th before my trial ran out.

Fex

• World Citizen
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2013, 10:57:54 am »

JRiver MEDIA CENTER 11 has arrived with a host of improvements to maximize your digital media enjoyment...
... Existing MC9, MC10, or MJ8 license holders can upgrade to the new version for the reduced price of $26 USD.

This is from an email some time back, almost 8 years: 07.18.05.
I preordered.  :)

Kr3W

« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2013, 11:08:49 am »

A suggestion you might want to consider for next time in the quest to ever improve customer warm and fuzzy feelings (as an alternative to sending them baby chicks) :) 

Don't entice customers to purchase an "old" license (MC18) with a $5 discount, approx. 30 days (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80793.0) before offering a license for a new version (MC19).  As small as the difference is, it just rubs the wrong way to pay $44.98 (MC18 discount price) + $18.98 (MC19 discount upgrade price) = $63.96 to get a MC19 license that is $49.98 (list price) 30 days later if one didn't have a need to purchase and use MC at the time of the late May promotion and was encouraged to do so by a promotion. 

Just my 2c :)

Wow, my timing must be the worst!

I bought MC18 the 12th of June for 49.98. If I had this info I would of course have waited.
I must admit I don't feel that this is managed in the best way.

Except for that, I think you offer a great product!

« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2013, 11:44:51 am »

Wow, my timing must be the worst!
I bought MC18 the 12th of June for 49.98. If I had this info I would of course have waited.
I must admit I don't feel that this is managed in the best way.
Except for that, I think you offer a great product!
At the end of the day, you paid for an MC18 license, and got what you paid for.
I bought MC18 around 6 months ago, and couldn't be happier with the product and the level of support and interaction we have with the team at JRiver - I bought my upgrade as soon as it was available.

A number of companies offer a 30-day grace period... but this is complicated by the fact that MC19 is not out yet. The option to pre-order a beta-test of MC19 was announced.
In all likelihood, MC19 will not be released in any form within the 30-day window of you making your purchase.

But I understand why some people may feel "burned" by this all the same.
After using Media Center for the last 6 months, I find it hard to complain though. It's completely changed how I use my PC for media playback.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2013, 11:45:38 am »

Amen brother, I could not agree with you more.
I think MC is a fantastic product and it's (obviously) loyal customers deserve more than a vapourware cash grab.
If JRiver cannot articulate a roadmap then they are in trouble. If they WON'T, then WE are in trouble.

They have operated this way for more than a dozen years and consistently show that they constantly improve the product.  If you don't feel that the time is right to invest less than $20 in a proven product, then by all means, do NOT spend your hard earned money.  Wait a while and see what the new version brings.  By the time you feel it's worth your money, it will probably cost twice as much to upgrade, but that's still not a lot of money.  You have OPTIONS right now

• invest a small amount and help guide the new release with your suggestions
  • wait until the new release fits your needs, then invest your money in it when you feel more comfortable with what you will get
  • don't invest at all, and continue using the product you have already paid for, and will continue to be able to use, and get support for for as long as you wish.
I see the same comments every release cycle, and I'd be willing to wager that most of the people making these comments spend more in a month on overpriced coffee with a green label on the cup than the cost of the upgrade to the new JRiver software that they probably use every single day.  It still baffles me  ?
pretend this is something funny

mh user

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2013, 12:25:39 pm »

i upgraded and only get "error restoring media center licence error unknown

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2013, 12:29:22 pm »

MC19 isn't released yet, as was explained at-length in the offer to upgrade.

The license isn't useful until it is released.  There is one small exception: the license will also work with MC18.0.206+.  If you don't own MC18 yet, then you could use it for that in the interim.  But if you already own MC18 then this is just a way to "get in cheap" before it comes out in a little while.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2013, 12:41:05 pm »

Download and install MC18 and then try restoring again. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2013, 12:55:36 pm »

I preordered MC19 and it downloaded, but my registration still shows version 18. Is this as it should be?
Yes.  It means that you already had a license for MC18.

jagdriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2013, 02:23:19 pm »

Yes.  It means that you already had a license for MC18.
So essentially you're just sending out the MC19 license ahead of the first user beta?

Still, it'd be nice to see some sort of confirmation in the MC18 Help > Registration msg box that my MC19 license is recognized, that the first MC19 beta will "see it" and authenticate itself with HQ once that day arrives.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2013, 02:29:42 pm »

Bought the upgrade. Came in at MC17, and few dollars per year for this awesome product is what I call value for money. One thing that would make it even better for me is the support for .rec files. Any chance?

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2013, 04:53:26 pm »

Did I miss the bit where JRiver said you HAD to purchase a V19 licence. ?

If you don't want to purchase then don't- wait until V19 has been developed, peruse the list of features and see if you want it- and then pay the asking price at that time.

I've bought a licence for V19 because I know there is bound to be some feature that I'll want, I know this is the best price that will be offered and I enjoy "particpating" in the development of this great software- looking forward to the first release! :D

The business model may seem to upset some- but hey- you don't have to pay up unless you WANT to.  ;D
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

shldnsmth

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2013, 05:28:07 pm »

Regarding my earlier post (quoted above) - PLEASE READ!!!

Without having a full understanding of the JRiver release model, I made a statement in my initial post about being disappointed in them because I was [apparently] being asked to upgrade to MC19 after only less than 2 months on MC18. Let me be the FIRST to state that I WAS WRONG!!! Let me repeat that to make sure that EVERYBODY understands...I WAS WRONG! I did not understand how JRiver's release model works (for that matter how it as worked for a good number of years). Matt was kind enough to contact me off-line and has taken the time to explain. Just so you know, I'm not a run-of-the-mill end-user either. I've been a software consultant/developer/engineer for some very large well-know companies for over 30+ years, and I've dealt with my fair share of licensing schemes in that time. I'll take JRiver's model any day, now that I have a better understanding, and if you know where the Microsofts, Adobes, etc's are attempting to head...In all likelihood you'll feel the same.

I am in no way affiliated with JRiver AND I am not, and never have been, in any way dissatisfied with either the JRiver Media Center product or JRiver response to technical support questions. I use JRiver MC in a professional setting to prepare my radio show for broadcast, I've recommended it as the standard for our station, recommended it to all of our existing broadcasters, as well as recommending it to new members of our Broadcaster Training Class.

If any confusion was caused by my post, I sincerely apologize to Matt, Jim, and the whole JRiver Team as that was not my intention. To any users who may have been confused, I also apologize, and ask that you learn from my mistake...if you don't understand...Ask, which is all I was really trying to do, I just didn't do it properly (sigh).

BTW...Did I mention that I think JRiver and Media Center are GREAT??? They are - HONEST!  ;D

(I'm also willing to bet that there isn't a one of you that hasn't spent $20 in the past month on "something" that will give you far less value that JRiver MC will...C'Mon now you know you have "wasted" at least that much in the last month  :o )

chriswatson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2013, 09:35:58 am »

How stable will MC18 be when you switch over to MC19? I'd rather have a stable platform that I can use for the 6 months or so while MC19 is buggy. I'm fine with paying the $18 for MC19 to keep you guys developing, but I would like to have a stable MC18 I can use while I'm waiting for MC19.

Not that it's horribly buggy right now but it would be nice for the final few releases to concentrate on bug fixes rather than adding new functionality. Thx

Vocalpoint

« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2013, 09:43:42 am »

I'm fine with paying the $18 for MC19 to keep you guys developing, but I would like to have a stable MC18 I can use while I'm waiting for MC19. Not that it's horribly buggy right now but it would be nice for the final few releases to concentrate on bug fixes rather than adding new functionality.

Wow - not sure what it is you are doing with MC18 - but we use it on 5 workstations and I can't remember a more stable version of MC (as of 209).

VP

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2013, 09:56:43 am »

How stable will MC18 be ...

Not that it's horribly buggy right now, but it would be nice for the final few releases to concentrate on bug fixes rather than adding new functionality.
We've been in bug fix only mode for about a month now.  Anything major that is found will be fixed in both MC18 and MC19.  Minor issues may not be fixed in MC18, since even a small fix can sometimes cause a new problem.

If you have anything major, please post it in the build thread, currently 18.0.269.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up