INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration code issue  (Read 3236 times)

cdandoy

Registration code issue
« on: August 28, 2013, 06:41:25 am »

I bought Media Center for Windows a few month ago. I also already bought the new licence for MC19. Last weekend I installed MC18 on my mew Mac Book Air. In installed the licence code but everytime I restart the program, the licence key desappear. I reinstall it but therefore I receive a email (see below) from JRiver telling that I just have one last restore key available.

What can I do???

Thanks for your support!

You have recently restored a licence for Media Center 18. There are 10 restores available in each 12 month period.  There are 1 restore remaining at this time.

The restore activates Media Center and installs the license automatically.

The Install Key is attached to this email.  It is valid for 14 days.  To install on another PC, transfer the Install Key to the PC, make sure the correct version of Media Center is installed, then execute the Install Key by double clicking on it.

After 14 days, if you need an Install Key, you can use your Registration Code to do so
by visiting this page:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi

For more information on licensing, please visit:
http://www.jriver.com/purchase.html

Support is available online at Interact:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact

Best Wishes,

The Media Center Team

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Registration code issue
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:43:42 am »

A Windows license won't work on a Mac.

cdandoy

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 07:49:55 am »

ah:(... Thank you! Meaning I need to buy a new licence... and what about the fact that I have no more restauration right for the windows version?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 08:12:44 am »

We can reset your restores if you run out.  Use the full 30 day trial period to extend them.

cdandoy

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 03:05:11 pm »

Thank you!!!

tlachiquero

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 01:45:17 pm »

We can reset your restores if you run out.  Use the full 30 day trial period to extend them.

In one place, the licensing documentation says that we have 10 restores per year.  In another places, it it says 10 per 12 month period.  So, are restores based on a calendar year basis or on a 12 month basis starting from the date of purchase, date of upgrade or what?

I ask because, at the end of August, I upgraded my mother board and operating system (Windows, unfortunately).  With multiple re-installs of Windows, I have used up 3 or 4 of my restores, 2 accidentally on the same day.   I think things have stabilized but I now have 5 restores left for JR 18 and 7 for JR 19 and I will have to use another one of each when I re-install JR.  If the 10 restore period ends on 31 Dec 13, then I won't worry.  But if my 10 restores have to last until well into 2014 then, knowing Microsoft products all too well, I am a bit concerned about running out. 

Is there any advice/alternatives from the folks at JR?  How does one get restores reset? 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 03:54:21 pm »

Just let us know if you run out.

You can use the 30 day trial period to extend your licenses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up