INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OF TOPIC-to Charlemagne8  (Read 1474 times)

zevele1

OF TOPIC-to Charlemagne8
« on: March 08, 2002, 03:44:21 am »

Hello!
I would like to download  Nashville bands you gave me the names
I just cannot find them in this forum.At this time was many very longs of topic treads running.
I do not feel to spend part of my day looking for your post.If you do not mind to give me this names again,it would be very kind of you.

toda raba[thank you very much]

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:OF TOPIC-to Charlemagne8
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2002, 04:39:37 pm »

I think "Bonepony" was at the top of the list.
You already have some "Barefoot Jerry". Anything they did was good, even when they were "Area Code 615".
You can probably find the above artists to download.
Harder will be Tracy Nelson. Worth the effort. Worth the price if you can find a CD to buy. I had to order from Japan to get the CD I wanted. Kind of expensive.
In the "probably will never find them ... anywhere" category is Diane Davidson and Marshall Chapman.
If you like REAL good Country/Bluegrass, the list is much larger and easier to find.
ANY Earl Scruggs. An amazing banjo/guitar player. The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is kind of a 70's hippie bluegrass band. Strange but true and VERY good. They did a project back in the early 70's and invited a lot of Old Time Nashville musicians (Earl Scruggs was one). Doc Watson came but Bill Monroe didn't. He didn't want anything to do with "them longhairs".
The album was called "Will the Circle be Unbroken?" and is extremely good.
I'm sure the list is longer but that's all I can think of, now.
Good Luck.
That's right.
I'm cool.

JollyJim

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2002, 10:04:49 pm »

Hiya All

Y'know when you get someone in mind but you just cannot think of the name and you know how that drives ya nuts??

There used to be an amazingly clever g-banjo player who did quite a lot of work with Glen Campbell (amongst others) - quite a young guy. Well, I can see his face but the name won't come. Anyone help before I go up the wall ??

Hurry up - aaaaaah !!!!

Jim

zevele1

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2002, 12:00:58 am »

tanks    Bonepony!The name i was looking for!will try to download.But first i have to clean the mess that MediaJukebox 8 left on my computer,A BIG ONE
I have all the other ones:Nelson/Mother Earth.Nitty G.D.B. Aera Code 615 and so on
Never heard of Davidson or Chapman .Bill Monroe changed his mind on the late apparently
Reissues are weird sometimes: all the Barefoot Jerry are on cd in England,not sure it is the case in US
Did you clean some lps?
Have a nice week-end

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2002, 06:41:43 am »

Jolly Jim,
I don't know if this is who you are thinking about but John Hartford, who wrote a few of Glen Campbell's hits, would stand up in the audience at the beginning of every Glen Campbell TV show and play the banjo.
He wasn't young, though.
I'm sorry to say that he died sometime last year of cancer.
Could this be your banjo guy? I don't know who else it could be.
CVIII

Zevele10,
Bonepony is getting more popular. They are even the background music for a couple of Dodge Truck commercials but we don't hold that against them. They have re-issued an older album called Traveler's Companion. There are two others that haven't been re-released but I hope they do. Their first one was "Stomp Revival". The other is "Funhouse". I hope they re-release them. They probably will.

I'm glad you found the "right" Tracy Nelson. There are a couple of others: An actor and one that sings with Dr. Dre. If you can find a CD of "Tracy Nelson" (Not with "Mother Earth") with a picture of her and a dog on the cover, GET IT!!! It is by far the best one in my opinion.

I have had an order in with Amazon.com for two Barefoot Jerry double albums for 3 months and they're still back-ordered. If you could find a place that does have them, I will cancel and order from there.

Review of Dianne Davidson

Some of this singer-songwriter's musical talents may have been inherited: her grandmother was an opera singer, and her mother claims Davidson came out of the womb singing. As a child, Davidson even toyed for a while with the piano and saxophone before settling on being a singer and developing her own personal vocal style. Davidson's recording career began at age 19 when she produced and recorded her own LP for Janus Records, following a period of belting out soul standards with an eight-piece band. Two more LPs for Janus followed before the label went out of business in 1974. More recently, Davidson has been recording for Oakland's Olivia Records. The robust, passionate voice featured on her own albums has also provided backup vocals for Linda Ronstadt and Tracy Nelson. Although Davidson handles the blues, R&B, and pop ballads with skill, her strongest songs are the rousing rockers that allow her to belt out the lyrics loud and clear.

I have been doing a lot of experimenting with LP recording. The recording part is easy and many free programs will do it, MJ included. The hard part to find is a free to cheap program that will remove scratches and crackles without damaging the original sound. I think I have found one but I'll do a full report (as promised) in the next few days.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2002, 07:11:50 am »

Zevele10,
This is where I found and purchased the Tracy Nelson "Tracy Nelson" CD.
http://www.mediawars.ne.jp/~mundo/collect/file/t-nelson.html
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele1

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2002, 07:37:02 am »

Barefoot Jerry
Go to www.magpiedirect.com .Cds are 12 english sterling .With postage it will cost you more or less than from Amazone.Less i believe
THEY ARE NOT DOUBLE CDS-but 2 lps on one cd.They do this a lot in England.I do not like it,i prefer spend more and have each album as one cd.But,in the case of Barefoot Jerry,i have only 3 lps and not in mint condition,so....You can email them before you buy,sure you will get an answer if cds in stock or not.There are on the market since very long,before internet.I buy from them quite often
Got songs from Bonepony.I like it!There is 2 cds at Miles Of Music,but one,Traveler's companion cost $20!!!
Got much less songs from Marshall Chapman,but enought to have an idea.I like it also!
Ebay must be a way to get some records from her,and Marshall Chapman

I have "a free full"Easycd creator 5 platinium.Good for lps,basic and no frill filters.But i think it has a $100 tag.Anyway lps to computer is a pain in...
I have to do a lot of it.I want to  try this solution:to have a turnable only for it,on the same table or very close to the computer.And a small and chip small pre-amp.The kind you need  if you have a stereo without a phono plug.Like this you have only to set volume from your software.Maybe it is not working,i do not know yet

good luck with your transferts

I did put a lot of lps and 7" on mini-disc.

zevele1

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2002, 08:25:18 am »

Charlemagne8
Have a look at www.duffelbag.com.They have BarefootJerry,Chapman,Davidson,Bonepony
I know this place as well.Very good and friendly service

Looks like my morning post to you will be an expansive one....

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2002, 08:25:23 am »

Zevele10,

www.magpiedirect.com

Went there, found BFJ and Emailed for availability. With Shipping, it's about $20 U.S. each.
Amazon was higher than that.

Thanks.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele1

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2002, 10:31:50 am »

just for you to take notice of the new addres i gave you-on the top again

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2002, 05:44:16 pm »

Looks like I was right on top of you and missed it. What a GREAT site. They even have the Tracy Nelson I was talking about in used vinyl. But the price is right. I have two of those, though. I was VERY suprised to find Diane Davidson in CD format. Hard to find, you betcha. I have a winner in the snap, crackle, pop removal contest. I'll spill all tomorrow.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up