INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB lookup not working  (Read 1797 times)

RJC

• Junior Woodchuck
YADB lookup not working
« on: November 28, 2013, 06:25:26 pm »

The YADB lookup is not finding any info for more than 80% of my tracks (18.0.82).  They are mostly wma lossless and FLACs.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: YADB lookup not working
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 08:14:08 pm »

Are they classical?  Naming is often the problem.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:59:36 pm »

Is there any way of reviewing the YADB entries with some relevant filters?

I find with TV show names especially, that if it's a little obscure or as is typical here in Oz the FTA TV shows are not published to the EPG with series and episode numbers included, then I need to review thetvdb.com site so that I know how to name the file. Then it's a very simple exercise to pick up meta-data.

For YADB, I've got no clue. I have looked up the wiki and searched the forum for this sort of guidance but I missed it if it's there. As a result, I've had no joy.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

RJC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 01:59:59 am »

Jim,

I've got 12,000 tracks from 70 genres (600 tracks are classical).  This is a strange problem because album covers are nearly always found and if I use meta data lookup from dBpoweramp, for example, nearly all track info is found.  I agree with astromo - it would be great to know a little bit more about how YADB works.

Do the file names need to be in a specific format?  For example: I can't find track info for D:\Audio\Lossless\Alicia Keys\Songs In A Minor\2 Girlfriend.wma

PS.  If you have time, could you please take a look at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85588.0 and comment.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 02:30:16 pm »

Keep knocking on the door RJC. Thanks for getting this out there.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

RJC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 03:03:50 pm »

It would be great to find out why 80% of my tracks are not found in YADB.  I've tried changing all the files to the following format:

\Artist\Album\Track - Name.wma

Maybe there's a problem with my firewall or proxy?

Any chance of having a little more info on how YADB works.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 04:08:42 pm »

Are you doing a track lookup?  More details about what you're trying might help.

What are you looking for?  Cover art?

Are the artist and album tags filled?  You can fill them from the naming.

RJC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 02:14:29 am »

Jim,

I'm doing track lookups.  I've already got most albums, cover art, artists and track names.  I'm mainly trying to find Year and Composer.

nickeaston

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 02:40:02 pm »

I've used (and still use) YADB for years and never gotten more than about 20% hits.

For the last 2 years I have also used (and use every day) Jaikoz and SongKong for tagging and duping.  These apps use MusicBrainz, AcoustID, Discogs, and a fingerprinting process for matching tunes.

I still have about 15,000 tunes with incomplete or no metadata, yet they 'play.'  I would like to find a fingerprinting app I could use locally to try to match some of these to my healthy 315,000 tune library, locally.

RJC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 04:21:49 pm »

Nick,

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a YADB 80/20 failure rate  :)

It would be great to figure out what the problem is - I spend way too much time searching Amazon for track info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up