INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Charter Communications user  (Read 3487 times)

Harold

• Recent member
Old Charter Communications user
« on: February 03, 2014, 12:47:57 pm »

I have been with Charter for years.  I knew they used you for their Music on the go.  I upgraded my internet package and they accidently canceled my subscription and now tell me they can't turn it back on, because they quit supporting it.      All I used it for was music subscription downloads to a mp3 player, however I have about 300 songs on subscription in my music library.  Can I somehow down load your MC and continue on monthly subscriptions with you?  I
would hate to have to search and download all those songs again.   Please advise.
  thanks.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Old Charter Communictions user
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 01:09:03 pm »

I would suggest signing up for the free 2 week trial subscription ($12.99 regular, $15.99 portable per month after trial period) and see if those downloaded songs play.  If it's not going to work for you, just click the Account button, choose "Change subscription" and change it back to "Purchase only" so it won't charge you at the end of the trial period.  "Purchase only" means you can purchase mp3 tracks and albums but you won't have a subscription to do unlimited listening and downloading.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Harold

• Recent member
Music Downloads
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 07:57:44 pm »

downloaded 2 week trial.   Previous post of Old Charter customer.  The player can play my music from my library, (great!) but how do I access the music online for downloading.   ex. (search for song title and import and transfer to mp3 player)
You mentioned Performer Media Center,  did I do something wrong in my download.
Thanks

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Music Downloads
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:08:21 pm »

I've merged your recent post, since they are essentially the same topic.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JohnT

Re: Music Downloads
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:15:04 am »

downloaded 2 week trial.   Previous post of Old Charter customer.  The player can play my music from my library, (great!) but how do I access the music online for downloading.   ex. (search for song title and import and transfer to mp3 player)
You mentioned Performer Media Center,  did I do something wrong in my download.
Thanks
Did you install Media Center 19?  If so, you'll see a "Performer Store" item in the tree on the left.  When you click on it you'll see the store web page and the search box in the upper right of the program can be used to search for artists, albums, tracks in the store.

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 09:09:51 am »

Thanks,  It took awhile for the performer store to load.  Once open I see how it works.   I understand the system now.    Its all I need for unlimited downloads of music.   All the other video, pics, etc I don't need right now.
   thanks again, I will sign up soon.

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 09:27:51 am »

Thanks,  It took awhile for the performer store to load.  Once open I see how it works.   I understand the system now.    Its all I need for unlimited downloads of music.   All the other video, pics, etc I don't need right now.
   thanks again, I will sign up soon.

Just to be clear, Media Center 19 has a free 30 day trial and if you purchase it the cost is $49.98 (see the Purchase option on the Help menu).  The Performer Store is an add-on feature that has a monthly subscription fee (12.99 regular, 15.99 portable).  Click the "Account" button in the Performer Store to see your options.  You can sign up for a free 2 week trial of Performer and after that period it will charge your credit card.  There is still an older free player called Media Jukebox available if you'll only be using Performer.  There's a download link at the top of this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58631.0  In that program, you'll find the Performer Store under "Services & Plug-ins" in the tree on the left.

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 02:16:22 pm »

thanks John.    Just one more thing,  Will Media Jukebox let me have "unlimited download subscription music" or do I have to buy the songs then load on my mp3.   I prefer build my music library out of subscription music and have the option to buy it.  That way I can add and delete songs as needed.  Which ever works the best for "subscription" is the way I will go.   Please advise.      thanks again. 

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 02:29:47 pm »

Yes, Media Jukebox lets you have "unlimited download subscription music" as long as you pay the monthly "portable" subscription fee.

Harold

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 08:35:32 pm »

I downloaded Media Jukebox works fine!  I signed up and gave credit card info etc.   Anyway....I had downloaded Media Center 19 the other day for the trial ,but never signed up.   Tonight I went ahead and uninstalled 19,  it ask for reason and I said I didnt need.  Don't know if related, but now I can't log in to performance store on Jukebox.  When I try to log in it says " There was an error accessing a critical componet (wmhelper.dll).  Protected content may not be accessable.    Below the password box in red letters it says "Unknown Error, Please try later"
        thanks.....again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 09:16:26 pm »

Try re-installing Media Jukebox.

Harold

• Recent member
Re: Old Charter Communications user
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 10:26:02 pm »

Reload on juke sucessfull.....thanks...and good night.
Pages: [1]   Go Up