INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.121 -- Available Here  (Read 10270 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.121 -- Available Here
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:51:23 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190121.exe

Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.121 (3/8/2014)

1. Fixed: Audio Streams using LPCM or E-AC3 were showing "unknown codec" in the Compression field.
2. Fixed: Video files without audio mistakenly had a "audio: unknown codec" in the Compression field.
3. Fixed: The "Subtitles" page in the OSD was shown even when no subtitles are available.
4. Fixed: Handling a corrupt FLAC file could cause import, analysis and playback to hang.
5. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61.1.
6. Fixed: Playback of NTSC DVDs and DVD rips was not smooth on some systems.
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
8. Fixed: Converting 2xDSD to 1xDSD caused the audio to become distorted.
9. NEW: MC's TV supports multiple Set Top Boxes (STB).  Instructions

19.0.120 (3/4/2014)

1. Fixed: Importing a playlist would clear the "Image File" field for files with embedded cover art.
2. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would not have correct duration and starting position when played on client computers.
3. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would take an extremely long time to start on client computers.
4. Changed: R128 volume leveling will use the average album gain instead of the gain of the loudest track for a more consistent volume level (with an additional peak clipping check).
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Fixed: Importing .mts files in a AVCHD folder structure did not work.
7. Changed: Auto-Import "Fix broken links" is smarter when tracking renamed and moved files.
8. Fixed: The Import dialog could hang on close on systems with a lot of drives and media locations.
9. Fixed: The Convert Format tool was not working with SACD audio files.
10. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
11. Fixed: 4 Channel Quadraphonic output over WASAPI was not working on some audio devices.
12. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61 (a lot of fixes for DXVA2 hardware acceleration).
13. Changed: Hardware accelerated decoding on Intel iGPU's uses DXVA2 decoding instead of the QuickSync decoder when possible.
14. Changed: DTS-HD audio tracks are identified as DTS-HD in the Compression field.

19.0.119 (2/26/2014)

1. Changed: The MimeType for MK3D files should be "video/x-matroska-3d".
2. Fixed: If we missed an event from a DLNA device we would never do a real status call to figure out the play state.
3. Fixed: In rare cases, the display settings changer allowed changing to a mode which is not supported by the monitor.
4. Fixed: Importing a playlist which updated tags on existing files cleared the thumbnails of the modified files.
5. Fixed: The MCWS/v1/Browse/Image function always returns a high-resolution image, if requested.
6. Fixed: Playing from a Library Server with video conversion active could cause the video to get stuck at end of file.
7. Fixed: Playing a new track while paused will no longer trigger a fade, which caused the old file to be played briefly again.
8. Fixed: URL parsing did not properly handle the case of multiple escape sequences in a row (ie. %25%20).
9. Changed: In addition to "movie" and "movies", keywords "film", "films", as well as their corresponding translated versions are used to determine whether a television program is a movie.
10. Changed: Both "Quality" and "Strength" are included in OSD display of "Signal" for television playback.

19.0.118 (2/18/2014)

1. Changed: In television signal OSD, "Strength" is renamed to "Quality" because that is what it actually is.
2. Fixed: Theater View Skins with a video background could cause Theater View to hang or crash.
3. Changed: Added the "mk3d" file association for MKV files with 3D content.
4. Fixed: Video conversion and streaming of WMV files was not working properly.
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Fixed: Converting a compound audio file (WAV/ISO + CUE) with "Replace original file" set would delete the original file after the first track finished, and fail converting all other tracks.
8. Fixed: Using a "|" character in an expression in the "Customize Display" dialog in Standard View caused the expression to be cut-off.
9. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
10. Fixed: MC would not wake up to do television recordings if the computer was put to sleep through Theater view's "System Sleep, Shutdown, & More..." menu.
11. Changed: Added a frequency entry in the satellite frequency table for 28.2° East satellite, and modified a few existing entries.
12. Changed: Hardware Accelerated Decoding for TV should now behave similar to file playback.

19.0.117 (2/14/2014)

1. Fixed: The Display Settings changer didn't properly set 24 or 60 Hz resolutions on Windows 8 or 8.1, always resulting in 23 or 59 Hz instead.
2. Changed: The Custom Display Settings changer configuration lists the available modes in a hierarchical fashion instead of a long list, for easier access.
3. Fixed: In television Guide in Theater view, moving down the guide grid from the last row would wrap over to the second row instead of the first row.
4. Fixed: Punctuation or Numbers could draw in the wrong position in Right-to-Left scripts like Hebrew or Arabic.
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Changed: When scheduling television recordings, the conflict warning message will include name, channel, and start time of the conflicting programs.
7. Fixed: Interface Plug-ins were broken in 19.0.116 and could cause MC to crash.

19.0.116 (2/12/2014)

1. NEW: MC supports importing videos with XBMC metadata contained in .nfo files.
2. Changed: Video playback option "Enable Automatic Display Settings changing" is changed to a drop list of three selectable modes: Off, On, and Custom.  Custom corresponds to the old "checkbox checked" mode, On is a new automatic mode.
3. Changed: Added a "sorting mode" combo box on television channel-to-xmltv match window, to make it easier to do manual match.
4. Changed: Disabled DXVA2 Native Hardware Acceleration in Red October HQ due to stability issues (affects mostly AMD users).
5. Changed: Media subtype of television recordings will be set to "Movie" or "TV Show" according to the info available in guide data.
6. Fixed: The MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo function did not properly handle double quotes in string values when using the List=CSV mode.
7. Changed: Pressing the "i" button on an MC remote control while a television channel is showing will cause the OSD to cycle through three modes: position bar, current/next program title, and program description (provided that the OSD menu is not showing at the time).

19.0.115 (2/6/2014)

1. Changed: Revised how DirectShow handles Stop/Play to increase stability when skipping to the next file.
2. Changed: The Subtitles -> Browse... option is always available, not only when subtitles are already present.
3. Changed: DLNA Mimetypes for dff,dsf,sacd for compatibility with Oppo (and others hopefully).
4. Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.
5. NEW: Added support for Hauppauge HD PVR 2 for video capture.

19.0.114 (2/3/2014)

1. Fixed: HLS segments could incorrectly start on a non-key frame, causing playback breakups on some devices.
2. Fixed: Seeking in a HLS stream could result in playing from a wrong position.
3. NEW: Added new TVInfo() expressions IsTVChannel and ChannelProgramNow.

19.0.113 (1/31/2014)

1. NEW: Support for streaming video to Gizmo using HTTP Live Streaming.
2. Changed: GoPro Cineform decoder added to Custom video mode whitelist.
3. Fixed: Scanning for STB television channels did not work because the analog device channels list was not properly populated.
4. Fixed: When recording ATSC television shows in TS format data for multiple channels in the same transport could be erroneously saved, resulting in multiple videos in the same file, which sometimes could confuse video players.

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.121 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 12:57:41 pm »

media center still crashes when requesting multiple high res images through MCWS :

Code: [Select]
http://xxxxx:52199/MCWS/v1/Browse/Image?ID=1021&Width=680&Height=1000&Format=jpg&Token=lTiqjseX
Previously discussed  >>>HERE<<<

Raimy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »

Since installing this latest version (121), launching video in full screen view makes my MC hang.

stewart_pk

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:30:46 pm »

SHOUTCAST still not working in Theater View.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 08:05:50 pm »

Since installing this latest version (121), launching video in full screen view makes my MC hang.

Give it a few minutes & it should start :)
The integrated LAV version was updated in this build, and MC will take a little while to download and install it when you first launch a video after updating. (You should be able to see a 'Downloading and installing components' message flashing at the bottom?)

-Leezer-

Raimy

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 03:12:25 am »

Give it a few minutes & it should start :)
The integrated LAV version was updated in this build, and MC will take a little while to download and install it when you first launch a video after updating. (You should be able to see a 'Downloading and installing components' message flashing at the bottom?)

-Leezer-

I gave it 5 minutes to be sure and it still hung with no message on screen indicating it was downloading. But their is more to it than simply this version makes MC hang i now discover.

I have 2 user accounts in win7 one for everyday use (main) and another for video editing (secondary). I hadn't noticed but in the main account vids launch into full screen as expected whilst still hanging in the secondary user account.

Further - In the problematic account, switching to Red October (advanced) fixes the problem and switching back to RO Standard re-introduces the problem.

I can easily imagine it being a problem with my dual accounts or RO Standard, or both in combination.

Goatshade

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 03:15:40 am »

I believe I am having a similar problem. See here.

Raimy

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 03:29:28 am »

I believe I am having a similar problem. See here.

Yes, i agree. My initial thought when you mentioned the problem remaining after the roll back was perhaps the lav filters do not roll back along with the software. I think i read somewhere here that you can manually exchange the filters if you need to so perhaps that's a way to get it fixed, although i'm not sure how to do it.

Are you also using RO standard?

Goatshade

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 03:47:11 am »

I tried both. Same results.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 04:06:04 am »

There is no such thing as "Red October (advanced)", we have RO Standard or RO HQ, or full Custom mode.
Both RO Standard and RO HQ (and Custom, unless you tell it otherwise) use the same filters, RO HQ just additionally uses an external video renderer as well.

If it works on one user, but not the other, you could try deleting the plugins folder in "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 19\Plugins", which will task MC to re-download all plugins, just in case something corrupted in there.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Raimy

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:53 am »

There is no such thing as "Red October (advanced)", we have RO Standard or RO HQ, or full Custom mode.
Both RO Standard and RO HQ (and Custom, unless you tell it otherwise) use the same filters, RO HQ just additionally uses an external video renderer as well.

If it works on one user, but not the other, you could try deleting the plugins folder in "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 19\Plugins", which will task MC to re-download all plugins, just in case something corrupted in there.

Of course yes, sorry i should of said HQ instead of advanced.

So i deleted 4 folders in that location and after playing a video in Mc the only folder downloaded appears to of been the "lav" folder. Not sure if that is correct or not but avi and wmv files play in standard view and display view fine. Mp4 and mpg files play in standard view, but not display view where the file sometimes plays audio, never video, and always hangs.

stewart_pk

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 07:28:42 pm »

PAL DVD rips are not being detected as 50 FPS.
And when I set 50 as the FPS tag, they play horribly, perhaps some de-interlacing issue.
Note: XBMC plays the same DVD rip just fine.

Goatshade

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 09:29:53 pm »

I have since found a solution to my issue. See here.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 07:54:54 am »

when using "Rename Files form Properties" to rename and relocate files, MC is frequently leaving behind orphaned folders.

I use [Artist]/[Album]/filename on both ends of this, the [Artist] folder is the one being left behind.

This has been common the past several builds, not often before that.
. . . the game is rigged

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

bulldogger

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 07:42:02 pm »

Updating channels returns error: "There was a problem checking for updates". Currently on 19.0.120

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 08:36:23 am »

Erroneous error messages:  "Tagging Error - File Read-Only"

when using "Rename Files from Properties" to rename and relocate files, MC shows an error message stating that some changes were unable to be saved and that I should check if the files exist or are read-only

If I use the "Rename Files from Properties" a second time on the same files, MC shows that there are no changes to make.
The files were in fact moved the first time, they were renamed, and all the tags reflect the proper values . . . .  so apparently the error was not real.

Also using "Update tags from Library" completes successfully indicating that there was/is actually no read/write/access issue.
. . . the game is rigged

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 06:03:57 am »

I've mentioned this earlier, but the bug's still there:

When you 'walk' through your list by typing a title/artist or with your arrow-keys the item you then select isn't focused properly. Because of that the so called 'right-click' Windows button doesn't function (the button with the most used functions beneath it). In order to get this button working you have to click the file with the mouse as well.
The first time it does what it's supposed to do, but from then on it's wrong.

Hope you understand what I mean and that you can solve this bug. Would save me a lot of time when editing items.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

locust

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 07:28:58 pm »

MC is crashing for me when another client of MC tries to access video that is on a switched off external hard drive

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 08:10:24 am »

appears YouTube is broken again . . . will only play but other options are unavailable once again
. . . the game is rigged

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 08:14:18 am »

appears YouTube is broken again . . . will only play but other options are unavailable once again
YouTube hasn't been working correctly for me for months now. The only way it will work is in a browser view and if I hold CTRL. (which works maybe 80% of the time)

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 08:23:56 am »

YouTube hasn't been working correctly for me for months now. The only way it will work is in a browser view and if I hold CTRL. (which works maybe 80% of the time)

Holding Ctrl while clicking had worked . . . . until now
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up