INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote for iOS7  (Read 39671 times)

Mars

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote for iOS7
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2014, 05:08:30 pm »

The IPhone App was doing fine inside my LAN, but after switching off Wi-Fi just to make some tests, I lost the connection. WAN was working a few days ago, so before double check the router settings, I tried to restart the App. After that I could connect with the server and everything worked fine again. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? (LAN OK - WAN KO until forcing an App restart)

Mudguppie

• Recent member
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2014, 10:02:24 pm »

My situation...

Pre update to latest version

iPad (1st generation running IOS 5.x) can connect to all servers and all functions okay

iPad (4th generation running IOS 7.x) can connect to all servers and all functions okay

Post update to latest version

iPad (1st generation running IOS 5.x) can connect to all servers and all functions okay [not updated]

iPad (4th generation running IOS 7.x) cannot connect to any server with a connection failure message.  Connection details..."Connecting to IP: 192.168.1.3 Port 52199---Timed out, The task was canceled"

Everything was working prior to this update.  Where do I go from here?

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2014, 10:46:11 pm »

Hi Lespaul,

Any consideration in adding Last.FM support to track songs?  Or is that something that JRiver needs to implement? 

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2014, 07:07:13 am »

Hi Lespaul,

Any consideration in adding Last.FM support to track songs?  Or is that something that JRiver needs to implement? 

You can enable scrobbling in MC itself.
And I see that it`s now possible to update the playcount from the webservice. I would think that this will also trigger the Last.fm scrobbler.
I will add this as an option to the next version.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2014, 07:24:54 am »

I have a suspicion that the current version has some issues with network connections in general. That is, some of them fail for unknown reasons.
After replacing the connection code with another approach, it now seem to work more reliably. I hope this will fix various problems reported.

I will try to release versions more rapidly from now on. Will try to add at least one new feature for each version along with improvements and bug fixes.

One new addition for the next version (3.02) is that you can change the cover size in thumbnail view mode. You do this by using a pinch gesture directly on the view. On the iPad you can view from 3 to 8 covers on each line in landscape view, and 2 to 7 in portrait. On the iPhone you can have 2-5 covers on each line.

I have also added load, save and edit buttons to the right edge playlist view on the iPad.

Version 3.01 was submitted to the app store 9 days ago and should have been out now. It has never taken this long before.

chrisstu

« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2014, 08:31:41 pm »

Launched the upgrade and it worked for a couple of hours.  Now every time I touch an album for it to play the app closes.  iPhone 5.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2014, 10:14:06 am »

I split discussion on the old version.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2014, 11:58:51 am »

Got the update last night for 3.0.1 (?).    Zone switching does not work for me.  Double-checked the settings, tried it both ways, and no zone switching (I have two zones - both show up on JRemote).   I even removed JRemote and re-downloaded/installed with no change in behavior.

Other than the Zone Switch issue JRemote ran all evening with no issues - playing songs, connecting, etc.

JRemote 3.0.1
MC 16.0.120

Zero_G

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2014, 12:29:02 pm »

The App store only has 3.01 available.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2014, 04:26:08 pm »

The App store only has 3.01 available.

Yes.  Not sure what you mean here.  That's the new one.

Lespaul mentioned 3.02 above, but that would be a future version, not yet done (or certainly not approved by Apple and in the App Store).

Aside: Do people really not get, all these years in, at all how the App Store works?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2014, 05:59:55 pm »

Nice.  You moved "This Device" to the top of the list in the Zones.  Thanks.

I'm at home now and was pretty busy* at work today, there was a new episode of ATP for the way home, so I didn't get to test my Mixes remotely.  They all load the first time without the "refresh dance" at home now, but that's not definitive since they worked pretty well on local Wifi before.

* My calendar was four columns "wide" today: Meaning, at one point today, I was supposed to be in four places at once.  Four column days aren't good days.

pcstockton

« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2014, 01:22:35 am »

Nice.  You moved "This Device" to the top of the list in the Zones.  Thanks..

* My calendar was four columns "wide" today
Agreed.  Nice.

The calendar though.... no fun.

-p
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Zero_G

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2014, 11:30:33 am »

Yes.  Not sure what you mean here.  That's the new one.

Lespaul mentioned 3.02 above, but that would be a future version, not yet done (or certainly not approved by Apple and in the App Store).

Aside: Do people really not get, all these years in, at all how the App Store works?

The post above mine was edited.  It mentioned 3.02 being installed, which is why I stated that the App store has 3.01.  I get how the App store works BTW

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2014, 01:50:38 pm »

The post above mine was edited.  It mentioned 3.02 being installed, which is why I stated that the App store has 3.01.  I get how the App store works BTW

K. Sorry. It was like the third time I'd seen something similar that day.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2014, 08:45:30 pm »

You can enable scrobbling in MC itself.
And I see that it`s now possible to update the playcount from the webservice. I would think that this will also trigger the Last.fm scrobbler.
I will add this as an option to the next version.

Awesome!  That's great to hear!!  Thank you for that Lespaul!!

Hilton

« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2014, 11:23:25 am »

I cant believe how much you've improved what was already a great app with the latest versions in IOS7.  Keep up the good work!

Hopefully one day we'll see generic DLNA server support with local Database/image caching in JRemote. Then it can replace 8Player too when Im streaming from my Seagate Wireless Plus in the car!! ;)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2014, 11:24:44 pm »

I only found out about this version from other, less exciting/less positive threads. Now this is a good reason to finally upgrade to iOS 7.

mdav

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2014, 11:08:08 am »

I've just installed this excellent app trying to connect to two computers running MC 19. The one connected wireless to a router is working great, but not to the other one. The other computer is wired to a server which wired to the router. When I try to connect I get "Timed out, the task was canceled". I have tried to disable both the firewall on the computer (client) as well as the firewall on the server, but without any luck.

Both computers are running as clients to Media Server on the server, but I don't think that has anything to do with the problems as it's working perfect on the first one.

Any suggestions?

Edit: The server is running Home Server 2011 has two NICs, one with DHCP enabled and connected to the router and one with static IP-address connected to my other computer. I can't access internet without having DHCP enabled on the first NIC.

Edit 2: Solved. Reconfiguring the network did it.

demoleon

• Recent member
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2014, 10:45:09 am »

Does JRemote have access to the Title Expression field under the Configure DLNA Servers section of JRiver?  I would really like the ability to use a custom title expression in JRemote.  If not I guess we have to get JRiver to add a similar field under the Gizmo configuration section...how do we go about requesting that?

Thanks,
John

Denti

« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2014, 06:50:45 pm »

Is it possible to load other libraries from MC in J.Remote?

yinmeout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2014, 06:07:39 am »

No

Have a read of this - it starts of unrelated but answers your question.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89455.msg614186#msg614186

yinmeout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2014, 06:20:15 am »

Hi everyone,

I am just monkeying with the options / Media Network / Advanced / ...Customize views for Gizmo and WebGizmo area to get the slices and dices I want from my database in JRemote on my iPad.
Since I am pretty C**P at the scripting language (not enough time to learn it properly so far) I am mostly using pretty simple clauses and inbuilt rules to achieve what I want and I am pretty happy with the results.

However....

As I am learning still, every time I change the way a view works - the view works the old way until I quit JRiver on the server (where it runs) - JRemote then has to time out on unable to find the server.
Then I have to restart JRiver and then re-connect the remote to JRiver server side component once more.

This makes tweaking the many views I am constructing  "tedious and slow" and so I was wondering if there is some other way to say to J-Remote - hey! forget everything you know and start off from scratch with this server again.
I have tried, closing the application on the iPad and re-opening it once more. This does not have the desired effect - I assume there is some 'state' in the iPad that persists. I have also tried tapping the cog and touching the blue button to connect to the server again, but that doesn't work either. You have to get JRemote to display "wake" for the server and only then it seems to "pick up" the new iteration of the views from the server.
While writing this I realize / guess it caches all the views on connection.

Any answers?

Hopefully this is not an FAQ!
Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2014, 03:51:35 pm »

You can test them with a web browser.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2014, 09:42:11 pm »

Here is the bug fixes and features for the next version. It was submitted to the store on monday, so should be out soon.

Added:
   - Change audio device for each individual zone
   - "App follows server zone changes" added to settings.
   - Copy connection summary to clipboard

Changed:
       - Color changes in "Now playing" toned down. Also added an option in settings to turn it off.

Fixed:
   - Crash when playlist contains loopback or other unknown types
   - Wrong color in searchfield with dark theme
   - Editable setting fields hard to hit (You can now touch anywhere)
   - Full resolution image not showing when thumbnail tapped in metadata view
   - Audio continues playing when starting movie playback
   - Server address and name dynamically updated even when not using access key

I just want to thank you for this fine app and from my initial reaction to the appearance and color changes I have grown more accustomed to them (and appreciate the color toning down). This is absolutely the best app for my interests.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

yinmeout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2014, 06:01:04 am »

You can test them with a web browser.

Thanks a lot - so you can!

http://<IP>:52199/Gizmo

Denti

« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2014, 08:56:17 am »

So I guess if I have different computers on the network, each with one of my libraries loaded, I could connect to these libraries by simply connecting to these computers, right? That's one workaround, at least, though of course I'm stuck playing from that computer, which isn't ideal.

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2014, 02:58:19 pm »

Maybe I'm just missing a setting, but is landscape mode supported on iPhone 5S?

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2014, 03:10:03 pm »

...Just moving from an external thread

Some feature requests I'd like to be considered in next releases of this great App  ;D

iPhone App:
  • Bigger fonts for at least for Name and Artist at the Playing Now screen
  • Landscape mode at the playing now screen
  • Stop Playback when switching off the Bluetooth device through which sound was being routed (i.e. when turning off Car Stereo)
  • Option to jump to Playing Now screen when tapping a file

General:
  • Last Played field update on the server when "This device" zone is chosen

Mars,

You may want to put this in the main JRemote thread.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89108.msg614729#new

Cheers!
Patrick

The font size should scale with your accessibility setting on the device.

Unfortunately, font size doesn't scale in the Playing Now screen, nor in the active Playlist list view, as though it does in the others:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89530.msg614788#msg614788

vgrubb

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2014, 09:21:16 am »

Last night, everything was working fine with JRemote. This morning I updated to the new version of JRemote on my iPad Mini and I can't connect. I've tried using both the access key and IP address. At first I was getting the message "found 2 IP addresses". Now it just says "Connecting to IP: 192.168.1.15 Port: 52199. The next line says "Timed out. The Task was canceled". On my old iPad, when trying to connect, I get the message "Access key was verified, but computer connection failed. Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network." I've been using JRemote since it came out and have never had problems. I've searched and I'm not finding a solution. Can anyone give advice?
Thanks,
Vic

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2014, 05:08:43 pm »

JRemote 3.01 is crashing on my iPhone 5s.  I can open it and select artist then click on any artist and it just returns to my home screen.  Any ideas?
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2014, 06:09:29 pm »

JRemote 3.01 is crashing on my iPhone 5s.  I can open it and select artist then click on any artist and it just returns to my home screen.  Any ideas?

Delete and reinstall the app.

This happened on my Wife's 5s as well, but that fixed it.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2014, 09:09:41 pm »

Delete and reinstall the app.

This happened on my Wife's 5s as well, but that fixed it.
That fixed it.  Thanks!
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2014, 11:52:06 pm »

Hi -

I'm enjoying the new version, but there's a feature that I don't know if has ever been there or if it's just out of the new version: Play Doctor to the iPad? Works fine playing to the player, but it's not an option to "this device."

Thanks!

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2014, 12:02:43 am »

Actually, I spoke too soon: it doesn't work fine playing to the player. It just played the album that the song I selected is from. Same as queuing the album normally.

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2014, 06:56:36 am »

Recently I have noticed that adding tracks to the current playlist (via JRemote) is not showing up in the app.
The count in the lower-left increases, but the Playlist or Now Playing views are not being updated. I have to switch zones to force them to update.
It seems to happen when I add tracks to the current playlist, rather than replacing the current playlist. If I replace the current playlist, it updates correctly.

Perhaps there is some use-case for it that I'm not aware of, but when I swipe from the right to bring up the playlist, I'm not sure why the rest of the view is interactive.
I instinctively tap on the left space to dismiss the playlist every time and either end up viewing a list of tracks, or worse, adding a number of tracks or replacing the current playlist.
If it is intended to be interactive, it would be good if the view resized to display all items rather than covering up the right half.

In the Now Playing View, if you hit edit then exit and return to it, the "edit" button still reads "done" but the edit controls are no longer being displayed.

Related to that, shifting the "delete" button over 12px to the left so that it is centered would be nice.

I'd also lose the drop-shadow on that control too.

But rather than making that change, I think it would be much more useful if the delete buttons were replaced with selection buttons instead, similar to Mail.
There doesn't seem to be any way to remove multiple tracks at once via JRemote short of clearing the entire playlist.

And nitpicking, the 68pt Helvetica Neue UltraLight upper-case X in Now Playing really bothers me.

It would be nice if the close button could be replaced with either a 90pt multiplication sign; ×

A 60pt circled lower-case x; ⓧ

Or a custom drawn icon which encircles a 60pt multiplication sign, if you're using images rather than text for this control:

I'd also add that I'm not keen on the fact that Now Playing is opened in the upper-right, but closed in the upper-left.
As I mentioned previously, something that really helps usability with touchscreen apps like this is if the controls stay in a fixed position as much as possible. (my proposed changes for the playback control layout is an example of that)

It would be nice if, when viewing cover art full-screen, there was nothing displayed but the cover art.
No status bar or controls, just the artwork. Tapping the screen anywhere should close the view, rather than requiring an "X" control. (which is different from the Now Playing "X")

2. Longer-Running Smartlists/Views Take Multiple Tries to Load
http://glynor.com/img/screenshots/JRemote/JRemote3-Loading_Fancy_View-small.png
http://glynor.com/img/screenshots/JRemote/JRemote3-Loading_Fancy_View_Failed-small.png
I assume it is just timing out a little quicker than I'd like.
I've experienced this a lot recently as well - it seemed to be very frequent when my CPU was busy analyzing a number of new albums.
Though it was not with smart lists or anything like that, just regular artist/album navigation.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2014, 08:44:20 am »

I split off and merged in a few other topics regarding Play Doctor issues with the current version over to this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89632.0

sunfire7

« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2014, 12:00:58 am »

I remember read somewhere that sometimes JRemote plays a song twice at the same time.  This happened to me today, when using 4G to connect to my home server, I hit play on a song, it doesn't started playing right away, so I hit play again, and a couple seconds later, it begun to play the same song but twice, with a second or two of difference (overlapped).  Anybody else experienced this kind of bug??
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2014, 06:26:07 am »

I remember read somewhere that sometimes JRemote plays a song twice at the same time.  This happened to me today, when using 4G to connect to my home server, I hit play on a song, it doesn't started playing right away, so I hit play again, and a couple seconds later, it begun to play the same song but twice, with a second or two of difference (overlapped).  Anybody else experienced this kind of bug??

Me.

Happens with some frequency.  Haven't been able to figure out what triggers it.

yinmeout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2014, 07:26:40 am »

Thanks a lot - so you can!

http://<IP>:52199/Gizmo

Actually this is not correct, from my testing with a web page as recommended, the "web views" do not update when I make a change to the way they work, without a restart of J River process.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2014, 08:33:10 am »

Actually this is not correct, from my testing with a web page as recommended, the "web views" do not update when I make a change to the way they work, without a restart of J River process.

That's not what I claimed, or responded to.

You DO have to restart MC entirely to see changes to Views made in Media Network.  Period.
However, if you do your testing with your web browser, then you don't have to fiddle with also restarting JRemote.

Another tip: If you do this on the machine acting as the server, and you go to: http://localhost:<PORT> (rather than http://<ADDRESS>:<PORT>) then it won't make you authenticate.

mantis07

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2014, 06:10:04 pm »

It seems Artist Bio says no artist found for any and all artists. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thx
tony

goaudio

• Recent member
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2014, 04:44:15 pm »

I have a question regarding using JRemote outside my LAN.  Do I have to do any port forwarding to make this work?

I've entered my outside IP address (gathered from whatsmyipaddress.org) in the Global Access address line, but can't seem to connect from outside the LAN (works fine inside the LAN).

What am i missing to make this work?

Thanks,
Brian

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2014, 04:47:09 pm »

Yes.  It will require port forwarding.  Here's more:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access

goaudio

• Recent member
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2014, 05:45:12 pm »

Thanks, Jim.

What ports need to be forwarded for J Remote/J River to work outside the LAN?  (I didn't see specific ports mentioned in the page you linked to.)

Regards,
Brian

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2014, 06:34:35 pm »

Whatever port you're running on.  It's usually 52199.  Wake on LAN is 9?  You could do an Internet search or read the wiki page on WOL.

fmd

• Recent member
Re: JRemote for iOS7 (Ratings)
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2014, 07:36:22 am »

Not sure what I am missing but I used to easily be able to rate songs in JRemote as they were playing.  I can't seem to find any way to do this after the update.....

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2014, 07:38:29 am »

You need to have "authentication" set on the server (MC).

fmd

• Recent member
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2014, 09:05:16 am »

You need to have "authentication" set on the server (MC).

Hello - authentication is set.  I was able to do this prior to the new JRemote version.  How do you set in the new version?  Thank you

RichB

• Recent member
  • Oppo Beta Group
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2014, 12:56:09 pm »

Like I said it's not critical mass for me just a preference. Based on my work and awareness of correct color I'm probably more susceptible to it bothering me than most. I can understand others liking or or thinking what's the big deal. It isn't.

The new version is great. my only quibble is with the Now Playing black level in thr file list amd album image. the light black level looks like a poorly calibrated display. I find it detracts from the quality of the album art.

- Rich

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2014, 04:29:22 pm »

Lespaul
2 questions
1 - I want to access remotely jriver - I have two separate machines running at the house with jriver on it and want to access each remotely.
I can reach the first with NO-IP configured as such unique access key and unique TCP port.
But the second configured the same but different TCP port will go to the first or will come back with an error.
I can access each by TCP port number when inside my network, just not outside using no-ip setup or using the external IP address.
Any thoughts?
2 - Are you planning "Landscape" mode for iphone in the next release? I can currently play video remotely, but only in portrait mode on iphone.
Thanks for a great product.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up