INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My media center and my keyboard's media control buttons always play JRiver  (Read 2251 times)

livinginabox81

• Recent member

Hi there,

Loving JRiver and very happy to have found it, but please could someone help out with an incredibly annoying problem I'm having though?

Since installing it onto my server running Windows Server 2008 r2, I've encountered a strange problem.I have the JRiver media server running constantly,  using Gizmo, JRemote and a physical Windows media center remote to control it. All work fine and well. However, the issue is that when Windows Media Player is actively running, or xbmc is the active application (or any other media playing software for that matter),  the Play, Fast forward, rewindng, skip track buttons on both my Windows media center remote and the keyboard's media playing buttons have become completely overridden by JRiver media server. It is as if those buttons are locked up by JRiver, so that even if the main ui of JRiver is closed down (but the JRiver media server is alive in the bottom right hand corner of the screen) , if I press play on either the remote or the keyboard's media play button, the pc will just start blaring out whatever I was playing last in jriver, rather than the movie in xbmc or windows media player. Is there any way to stop the server making use of the remote and just make it so that the remote will only control jriver when the main JRiver application is running on the PC?  I'd be grateful for any advice on this.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

You can try the different options in Tools > Options > General > Advanced > Media Key Mode and see if one works.

livinginabox81

• Recent member

Thank you very much for your quick reply Mojave- I have tried all the options there but it seems the only one that will stop this issue occurring is to actually disable the Media Key Mode. I can still use the Android and Apple apps to control the JRiver Media center, but the physical remotes - (MCE remote and keyboard) - will no longer work with that feature disabled. At least I can press play on my remote when using another piece of software on the computer and it doesn't get overridden by JRiver with this feature disabled but I do actually prefer to use my MCE remote control to navigate around JRiver Theatre view. Hopefully something can be done to fix the issue - If anyone else has any other ideas on how to get around this I am all ears!

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team

I have the same issue (posted about it in the JR20 board).  The problem is that for whatever reason, Microsoft is not giving priority to WMC (and it sounds like WMP too) for HID commands.  When MC or iTunes is running in the background and WMC (or WMP) is the application with focus - key play commands (like play, stop, skip ahead/back) are going to programs in the background and not to the Windows Media Center/Player application.

From what I can tell, the only way to fix is to either shut down the other programs (not ideal) or spend a lot of time figuring out and implementing a program like Girder or EventGhost to manage the HID input. 

See this post: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91842.0

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Search for "Media Key" in the window at the bottom of options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up